Atria Riverdale - Bronx, NY

Hated it. Very small, activity staff was inexperienced. Did not like it.

Tour: 12/4/2017. Liked the building, neighborhood, staff and treatment structure. Library is very small; not sure menu is very diversified, but the layout of the rooms look like a good fit for us, and the many activities at the independent living level are also a good fit.

We were very impressed with Atria Riverdale. [Removed] gave us the tour. She was wonderful. We felt very comfortable with her and the rest of the staff. Very friendly and warm

It Is Still The Beginning

My aunt is still in the process of transitioning. The staff are accommodating and getting her comfortable for a good adjustment. She's eating the meals and the feedback I get is that she enjoys the activities. She is participating in the morning exercise and art class. I thought this was better and more convenient for me to visit her.

they fund several potential paces for me but most were too far away from Manhattan. Went to Atria Riverdale and decided it was the best option. Moving my wife in on May 5.
Impressed by the liimited number of individuals in the memory unit (38) . with a good ratio of staff to in patients.

Mom likes the activities.

The food is so so at this community, however they did just hire a new chef and manager for the kitchen area so we are waiting to see if things improve. The staff are really friendly. The resident director is really good and responsive. The community is very clean. This community is good for someone that is very religious.

A good community

I enjoy living at Atria. The staff have been friendly and helpful. I like the food and they keep the community clean. They offer some daily activities and I would recommend this community.

Atria Riverdale-a wonderful place

Atria Riverdale is a very warm and welcoming environment. The activities are varied and constant. The staff is very attentive, kind and caring.

Pleasant Tour

I toured this community for my mother and her needs. The community is nice looking, and from what I saw everything looked great. My tour went well, but I preferred a closer location. While it offers much, this wasn't a perfect fit for my mother and her needs.

A nice place!!

My dad has only been at Atria for a short time and he is now moving to another state. I have only been at the community once when we took the tour. This community was the choice as it is kosher. The person who took us on the tour was very knowledgeable and my dad seems to like it there. I have heard no complaints from him.

Wasn't Aware Of Kosher Food

Things are going okay for my cousin over here at Atria Riverdale, but the one thing my cousin dislikes here is the food. All the food made here is Kosher and they do not inform you of this before you move in, I really think that is very important information that you and your loved one should be told about because my cousin is not kosher. The community looks really nice and the staff is very kind and helpful. Other places were really expensive but this place was a little more reasonable with their price even thought I still have my concern regarding what they are charging her. I give the community 3 stars and the food here I would give 1 star.

Kate Vance

I appreciate you bringing your concerns to my attention. I’d like to help you and your cousin, so if you’re willing to continue this conversation, I invite you to send me an email directly at [removed].

Great

Although I do like this place very much and has been very good to our family, my one concern is its slightly understaffed. I feel like there could be a little more staff and then it would be perfect

Katy Miller

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We strive to provide exceptional service to our residents and their family so I'm glad to know you're pleased with the service you have received at Atria Riverdale. If you'd like to share more feedback about your experience, feel free to reach out to me directly any time at [removed].

my impression of Atria--high standard nursing home

Atria's overall environment is pleasant. clean and quite pretty. The staff . especially the directors , are very friendly and helpful. Food service, however, is quite boring and simple. Fish almost every day with little variety.
Activates they provide are mainly for very elderly and disabled people, like book talks, singing songs, , old movies, religious services, etc. Could be quite monotonous for some less disabled people.
I think Atria is a very high standard and well supervised nursing residence for elderly people with some disabilities. However, for healthy and normal elderly people, the residence is too high priced and not really for independent living .

Katy Miller

Thanks for giving me your valuable feedback. We strive to be the best possible senior living provider in the markets we serve. I’m happy to share these thoughts with our community leadership team and welcome you to keep the conversation going with me directly at [removed].

We like it

Everything is going good. We like it and my Dad likes it very much.

The people are extremely nice.

It's very nice and extremely clean, the people are more than friendly. Our loved one was apprehensive, it took her no time to say she likes it. The billing has been no problem at all. The people are extremely nice. A relative of the family, who is in need of a place that offers care, saw this, we had to them this place, and now that's where he wants to go.

The place is very nice, but they are understaffed like every place.

The place is very nice, but they are understaffed like every place. Sometimes the meds are off schedule. The other residents living here, are the biggest issue, there isn't a lot of diversity, and they are not very friendly, cliquish, and exclusive. They sometimes won't let others join at their tables. She likes the food. We have met with the team and they are very good about meeting her needs.

Wonderful..

My loved one was there for one month on respite care. For her, it was wonderful. The socialization was wonderful for her. She loved going to the movies. The location is great because it's near the city. The shuttle service was good. It was a positive experience for her. We were very happy with everything. The only thing that was missing was an exercise room. (Care Services are not applicable, my loved one is independent.)

Needs better onboarding

I find the Atria team to be capable, friendly, and responsive to the needs of its residents. I did find the onboarding process a bit lackluster. While I'm sure they do this all the time for new residents for many of their clients this is likely only the first or second time. I wanted more handholding, help, suggestions, best practices, what to expect, etc. I felt I only got the questions I asked answered, and not proactively letting me know what I should be doing to prepare for this big change.

Very friendly. The place is nice and clean and staff is ready to help.

Great !

They were very helpful on expediting my fathers move in date. They have been very accommodating since he has been there. The cost was reasonable.

A Trial is Important

My visit to Atria was very enlightening. I decided to try it for30 days.
I went in with my husband on January 19th. By Feb 7 ,I was ready to leave.
Our experience was not what I expected. Too many services were not performed according to my original orientation.
Starting with the room which was too small for two people.
My husband was evaluated level 2 . He was suppose to get help mornings and evenings. Lucky I was there to guide them. There was no real schedule.
The dining room was always a long wait. The menu was not complete. You could get almost anything if you knew what you wanted.
Room was never vacuumed.
The activity staff was excellent.
It is difficult to service two individuals on different levels.
There was a lock down because of illness. We should have been sent home until it was over.
There were many things that should have been coordinated. One chief didn't know what the others were doing. We should have had a meeting with a social worker after a short time.
Getting home was the best we could do.

admin admin

Your comments are very concerning to us. We would like to continue this conversation about your stay at Atria Riverdale. Please reach out to us directly at [removed].

Seemed like a nice place

Our loved one's stay here was unfortunately only a very brief one, but overall Atria Riverdale seemed like a very nice place. It was a nicely decorated, clean, well kept community, and they had a lot to provide for their residents. They had a good variety of activities, and also seemed to do a good job with the food. Unfortunately on his first day here my loved one suffered a bad fall and was not able to return. We moved him in on a Saturday, and they seemed to have fewer staff available on weekends.

Nice place overall, a few difficulties

Overall I think they do a good job at Atria Riverdale, although we have had a few difficulties. From what I have seen the staff are all very friendly and willing to help out, and the facility itself is well kept and clean. My loved one is having a bit of trouble adjusting to this new style of living, but the staff are doing their best to help him settle in. We've had a mix-up or two with the medication service, but nothing serious. My loved one does not seem to enjoy the food here. I do like that they are pet friendly, I think having animals around is a big plus for seniors!

This place buzzed with activity... in part due to our timing (arrived as people were gathering for a program, plus renovation work made some common areas smaller). Multicultural, highly social community was a plus. More urban feel than other sites we visited. Staff stood out as extremely friendly and attentive.

Don't Be Fooled By Appearance

Don't be fooled by appearances. When you go and visit everything is nice and pretty and everything seems so well run. BUT - - - after your loved one is actually living at Atria Riverdale for a while, you realize there is massive confusion in management. Our latest complaint is that Atria, since January 2014, has been charging an ADDITIONAL $475 to medicate the residents. What was formerly done as part of the monthly fee is now being done for an additional $5000 plus annually and the system is not working. Residents are forced to leave their apartments to be medicated, often waiting in crowded conditions amidst confusion for the person administering the prescriptions to actually show up. Sometimes you have hunt the med-tech down to actually GET your medication. Mom sometimes has had to wait HOURS for her medications and, worst of all, SHE HAS BEEN MIS-MEDICATED at least four times to our knowledge. She's even missed medications because no one followed up to make certain she received it. One time she was handed her night time medications in the morning (luckily she realized that before she agreed to take the pills) and the "staff" has trouble following her doctor's changes in her medications, continuing to give her older medicines after the doctor has changed her prescriptions. Basically she is paying someone else to medicate her while she has to manage her own supervision to make certain it's being done properly. I'm sure this is not a unique situation and luckily Mom is on top of things enough to make sure something serious doesn't happen to her.
The attitude in "Wellness" (the euphemism used to call the nursing office) is not acceptable. Staff seems more concerned with their performance reviews than with the actual wellness of the people whose lives are entrusted to them. Their attitudes are at times argumentative, surly, and in general completely unprofessional and often, they don't return urgent attempts by the residents to reach them when there's a problem for several hours or even not at all.
In all honesty, we are deeply disappointed and feel that we've been misled as to Atria Riverdale's ability to address, maintain and protect the quality of life of their residents. We've been asked several times by people if we would recommend Atria Riverdale and we've responded "emphatically not." The only reason Mom remains there is because of the many deeply satisfying friendships she has formed with members of the resident community and the truthfully high level of caring and commitment she receives from the aids. Her leaving now would be emotionally very stressful to her, but she finds the mismanagement and bungling by the administration at Atria Riverdale extremely stressful as well. Cheech and Chong could do a better job of running this place.

Kate Vance

Your comments regarding your mother’s experience are very concerning to us. We would like to speak with you personally to gain a better understanding of the situation and work together towards a solution. If you are willing, please email us directly at [removed], including “Atria Riverdale” in your subject line so we may quickly include the right people who can help. We hope to hear from you soon.

I would recommend it highly.

Everything is going really well. It's quite clean, and the staff is very friendly. The staff does seem to change from time to time. I rarely see the same person 3-4 times before it changes. It's a very good place. They have plenty of entertainment, with a movie every night, and people coming into play music. They have a very good dining room, the food is very good, and the menu are varied quite a bit. The food is is prepared well, and served well. I chose it based on the location, I like the area, and I can walk to shops and things within five minutes, and that's a big reason why I chose it. They provide transportation. I would recommend it highly.

I think this would be a goo...

I think this would be a good fit for my mother-in-law. I would give it 4.5

Nice tour and nicer than I ...

Nice tour and nicer than I expected but don't like location on highway and only a porch out back. Could be a little cleaner too. Not ruled out just not my favorite.

Kate Vance

Thank you for touring our community and providing feedback of your experience. Your comments will be shared with the appropriate directors to ensure Atria’s high standards are being met. If this location does not fit your preference, we would love to share information about our other great communities in the area. Please feel free to reach to us directly via [removed] to explore these options or if you feel we can be of further service to you, we are here to help.

Atria Riverdale was very im...

Atria Riverdale was very impressive. The location is beautiful. It has everything one would want for their loved one facing memory impairment.

A bad experience

Our experience with Atria of Riverdale was terrible. When we first visited the facility's dementia unit, we noted and mentioned that our mother seemed less alert and less mobile than the residents we saw there. We were assured that Atria would be able to care for her. We found the staff to be friendly and the atmosphere pleasant so we put a deposit on a room. The next day we were told someone else wanted that room so we had to take it immediately. We decided to take it and moved my mother in. A few days later we were told that Atria was not, after all, able to care for her. That her needs were beyond the scope of care they are able to provide. Furthermore, they wanted us to hire a private aide to be with her 24 hours a day at our expense while we searched for appropriate accommodations. We were horrified and terribly upset to hear this news. We had expressed our concerns and they were dismissed. We found a nursing home and transferred my mother. She died a few months later. We feel that Atria did not practice due diligence in determining my mother's needs. They then were callous in their treatment of us. The actual caregivers were competent and kind, but I would never recommend this company.

Kate Vance

We are so sorry to hear of you mother’s experience and offer our deepest condolences to you and your family. Your comments will be shared with the appropriate directors to ensure we are adhering to Atria’s high standards for evaluation and care. If we can be of further service to you, please do not hesitate to reach out via [removed], including “Atria Riverdale” in your subject line so we may quickly include the right people in the correspondence. We are here to help.

Terrible experiance at Atria Riverdale

My Uncle was a resident at Atria Riverdale last year and used their healthcare (24 hr care) services. The aides admittedly left him alone for extended periods of time that led to serious injuries. He suffered greatly in his last few months. I would not recommend any Atria facility or the health care services they provide. We had a horrible and expensive experience. Beware of placing loved ones here.

Cost of care services

Be careful. It’s organized, but be careful to calculate the cost of care services. It’s over priced for that portion, and they don’t always provide the care that they say they’ll provide. The food was okay.

Kate Vance

I am sorry to hear of your experience at our community. We would like to connect with you personally to better understand your concerns regarding the services elected for your family member. If you are willing, please email us directly via [removed] and if you include “Atria Riverdale” in your subject line, we can quickly include the appropriate directors in the correspondence. We are here to help.

We liked it, my mom was imp...

We liked it, my mom was impressed. She's just not ready to make the leap yet and the cost has her hyperventilating. We will see.

We could not be happier!

We are really thrilled with this choice! My mom has really adjusted well here! For being independent for so long, it was difficult, but she's doing so well! This is a wonderful place! It's a very social environment, and great for someone who enjoys being around other people! My mom's biggest complaint is that she is exhausted because she's doing so much here! They have lots of activities and ways to keep the residents busy and entertained! It's terrific! The food is also very good! There's a variety of choices, and we've eaten here a number of times. No criticism at all! We could not be happier!!

Very nice place. Clean and ...

Very nice place. Clean and pleasant. Very friendly staff

Very helpful and thorough

Very helpful and thorough

Atria Riverdale getting Worse and WORSE

We were very hopeful when mom moved into Atria. She's been there more than two years and remains because she has made so many friends among the residents and staff. She loves her care-providers but NOT the facility. The care-providers in general are deeply caring and committed to keeping her happy and comfortable. Her aids have been consistently outstanding and extremely capable and caring. Clearly they are under-appreciated and treated with disrespect by management. We know of at least two instances where care-providers were physically ATTACKED by their violent patients. They were discharged while the patients were simply scolded and their aggressive behavior continued.

While the care-providers do the "REAL" (and often unpleasant) work, management regularly implements new policy changes that make their work more difficult. Now, suddenly, care providers are no longer allowed to give out their charge's medication. Rather, the resident must go down to the nurse's office to be medicated. OUR MOTHER WAS MIS-MEDICATED, given the WRONG MEDICATIONS at the nurse's office. Luckily her aid spoke up, putting herself at odds with management. Did they thank her or even acknowledge her action? Did they interact with us? No. They simply tried to sweep it under the rug.

The food is also pathetically bad. Frequently they run out of staples like orange juice, coffee, or eggs for breakfast and mom has to order in. Often they run out of entrees at dinner as well or don't have something listed on the daily menu. Luckily mom keeps her refrigerator stocked, but at Atria's prices she shouldn't have to. There is also no allowance made for people who are NOT kosher or jewish. They are forced to keep kosher and during the high holy days mom's non-jewish friends have often gone hungry or been forced to eat out. There are THREE kitchens in the facility. Something could be done to provide for non-kosher residents, even if it were as simple as pizza ordered in and served in one of the other dining areas.

Management is unresponsive and disorganized. We have trouble contacting the right person when we need to, and they often don't know what's going on, who's responsible, and clearly think of their residents as commodities rather than persons. Changeover is very frequent ("chronic" is the word) and we are rarely informed of policy changes or certain important decisions we should be CONSULTED on since they immediately effect our mom. We are realizing we need to be much more proactive in order to keep our mom's quality of life acceptable.

Housekeeping is adequate and erratic - they often don't show or don't complete their tasks - and mom had underclothing supplies STOLEN from her apartment.

Activities are also chaotic. The daily activities calendar is often wrong or out of date, and events scheduled don't actually happen or are poorly run. Now, suddenly, aids are no longer permitted to stay with their patients during activities. Road trips have been cancelled many times because they were mis-scheduled for days when residents couldn't actually go - sometimes due to religious observances. I mean, COME ON! Transportation, although provided for free within a five-mile radius has often been unreliable or late, and the previous driver surly.

There is also no venue in which residents and their families may discuss the problems at this Atria amongst themselves and effect positive change. The community is kept scattered and out of contact with each other. We know from our own informal conversations with others that there is a lot of dissatisfaction.

We chose this Atria because of its location, the need to find someplace quickly, and because of a positive first impression it has failed to live up to. We were even sent home with a delicious apple pie we were told was "baked on the premises." It was NOT, and we haven't seen it in the resident's dining room since.

All in all, a very disappointing experience. We would move mom out tomorrow but we fear it would be too unsettling for her now that she's made so many friends. But we may be forced to anyway as our frustration level continues to grow.

Kate Vance

We are grateful for your feedback. While we are happy to hear your mother loves her caregivers, we're very sorry to hear about your experience with other aspects of our Riverdale community. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. We strive to continually improve the experience of all residents and families and fulfill the expectation to deliver the highest level of respect and quality of care. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience with us in more detail in order to better understand the situation. Please feel free to email us directly at [removed] and please include the community name and the specifics of your review.

Best Memory Care

I like it very much. My mother is on the memory care floor, which is known as Life Guidance. It is part of the assisted living, but it is a locked floor. I think that the friendliness and the responsiveness of the staff is a very very big plus. I can say that I have been very happy with a number of the staff who are extremely important to my experience: the admissions, the concierge, the major people in the wellness center, the director of Life Guidance and any of the staff on that floor. Although there is often change in leadership, I have had a good experience with the executive director of Atria Riverdale. I have visited about 15 memory care floors in nursing homes, in independent/assisted living and this one is the best I have seen and that includes NYC, Riverside, Bronx, Yonkers, Southern VT and Mass. I think the food is quite OK, they make very fresh salads and serve fresh fruit everyday. That is a plus. They do not accept Medicaid even after private paying for a length of time.

Dirty Facility/Unfriendly Staff

Dirt and filth everywhere, no wonder why long quarantines occur frequently there.

Would not recommend to anyone who cares about their family members.

It is a business, they run it as such--beware, they are out to get you for every penny you can pay.

Kate Vance

“I am sorry to hear about your negative experience during your stay at our community. We encourage you to reach out to discuss your experience in greater detail so that we may ensure that Atria's high standards are being met. Please contact us directly at [removed] please include the and please include the community name and the specifics of your review.”

The Atria was not very good, the services were bad actually.

The atria was not very good, the services were bad actually. My parents would ask for things that were really basic and were not met. The food was awful! I witnessed it personally, and I am not picky, and it was awful. They had some nice activities, the woman who runs them is really caring, and she really tries. The staff was clearly not being treated well, they were grumpy, and not being paid very well, it's not a good situation. It's beautiful and looks great but has been a traumatic experience for my parents.

Kate Vance

We are sorry to hear that our services did not live up to your standards or ours at the time of your review. Since then we have made improvements to how we serve those that choose to live with us and appreciate feedback from our families to make that possible. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you feel we can be of help to you in the future by emailing us directly at [removed], including "Atria Golden Creek" in your subject line so we may quickly connect you to the right people to help.

This place was sad, and depressing

This place was sad, and depressing. It was on a main street, and we had to park in an underground garage.

Kate Vance

Thank you for visiting us. We apologize for how disappointed you were regarding the feeling you described. If there is any specific feedback you can provide to help us improve, we welcome your comments! Just reach out via [removed] and kindly include "Atria Riverdale" in your subject line.

It was a highrise and I loved it.

It was a highrise and I loved it!!

So many things to do.

The friendliness of the staff is outstandingly wonderful, if I am rating that on a scale of one to five I would give it a ten. The one thing I will say is that the level of the food has gone down since I've been here and that's only been two months and they are running out of things, things like eggs, and when we have cake and it gets around to me oh they're out of cake, it's unacceptable. The quality of the food is good, for institutional food. They have excellent activities and they have outings and they will take you to the library even if you are the only one who wants to go. They have a wide variety of things to do, I am watching the dead sea scrolls. They have a wide variety of of great music concerts, arts and crafts, any kind of craft, knitting group and they will teach you how, movies. So many things to do! The person in charge is really out to help people they will set up activities because of peoples interests what ever you are interested in there is something for you. They have brain teasers everyday.

Marcia's Life at The Atria

For this specific stage in my life , The Atria offers the ameneties I want and need, safety and fun activites. Overall the people are friendly with the exception of a few crazies. The activities dept and a couple of people from the waitstaff are really wonderful. I know that any time I see one of the ladies from the Activities dept that they would always put a smile on my face and make me laugh. I love Beading time and all the mind boosters that keep our minds sharp!

Great Experience

I had the pleasure of visiting Atria to do a presentation for the residents on hearing and hearing loss. What a great experience...from the moment I spoke with the engage Life Director I knew it would be. Your first impression is how beautiful the facility is. I had a great turn out for my lecture and the attendees were so warm, welcoming and very interested in learning and expanding their horizons. Truly a gem!

My review

I selected the Atria Riverdale because it offered the services and advantages my mother needs to live out her life. It is also close to where most family and friends can visit her. And most of all she will receive three meals daily. And the assurance that my mother will receive help immediately in emergency, as she wears a water proof wrist alert band and she can pull one of three alert devices in her apartment in emergency as well. Since my mother still needs the assistance of an aide, she had the option of keeping her own personal aide or getting one from the Atria service. I can also speak directly with those in charge if I have any questions or concerns. After only a two days, my mother has begun to try to do things without the assistance of the aide. She is beginning to come alive again. She is happy.

A Safe, Solid Choice

We are happy with Atria Riverdale. The staff are helpful and caring and I feel my Aunt is being well cared for by Wellness dept. There are lots of activities, the place is always spotless, there is a nice patio and, a rare [removed] pets are permitted. The food is fine. It's a ten minute walk from the subway. The only [removed] there has been frequent management turnover and I'm told the staff will not help pick up after the pet. If there is a fall, they won't help the resident [removed] they call an EMT to ensure no injuries.

LaDawn K.

I’m very happy to hear that you have been satisfied with our staff, service, and activities. I understand your concern with staff turnover and I want to assure you that our community strives to provide the best quality care and services to all of our residents. I apologize for any confusion resulting from management changes. Please know that we are always happy to discuss your concerns at any time.

We encourage our residents to bring their furry companions, and I am sorry that we are unable to clean up after pets due to sanitary reasons. However, we are always happy to offer names of businesses that can provide pet care service for our residents.

I would also like to address our policies on falls. Of course, it very much depends on the circumstances and type of fall that has occurred, as well as the position of the resident. Moving someone after a fall may make any potential injuries much worse and cause a great deal of pain. For safety’s sake, we do call EMS to assess the situation to ensure that our resident is not injured and does not need to go to the hospital. In some cases, the fall may be minor and he or she may not need to go to the hospital or be assessed by EMS. Each fall is evaluated on a case-by-case basis. The safety of our residents is of the utmost importance to us.

Please feel free to contact us any time with questions or concerns. We can be reached directly at the community or via email at [removed] (be sure to include the Atria community name in your subject line.)

My 91 year old friend signed up and ...

My 91 year old friend signed up and went there - she's still there - and 3 days later she was robbed. The head of houskeeping went up to her room later and asked HER to empty out her pockets, accusing her of the theft.

They presented her with a bill for $11,000 (which nearly gave her a heart attack, because she didn't understand where the bill came from). I called and called and called and no one in management would return my calls. When I finally reached someone in management , they did not explain to either me or my friend where this bill came from.

She fell and no one from Atria called me or her family to give us any updates on her condition.

LaDawn K.

We appreciate you sharing your concerns regarding your friend. Please allow me to clarify several things. We did receive a report of the resident missing a small amount of money. When a resident is missing anything, we offer to assist them with finding it. With their permission, that may include helping them search their room, purse, pockets, places they have been, etc. At no time did anyone accuse her of theft, and we deeply apologize if there was any confusion about that during the search.

The bill your friend received was accurate and was for her month’s rent in addition to the move-in fee (the first bill is usually higher than normal). The bill was fully explained to the resident and her family in detail, and she understood and accepted it. Because there are policies in place to protect the personal information of our residents, we would not be able to discuss any details with anyone not listed as an approved contact. When any incidents occur, the approved contact is notified. This person was called when the fall happened and also when our resident relations director visited your friend in the hospital.

If you have any further questions or concerns that we may be able to assist with, please contact us at [removed] and include the Atria community name in your subject line.

Things running well

The location was very convenient for our family. It seemed like it would suit our loved ones ethnic background. The community itself is a very beautiful place. Everyone here seems to be really well cared for and things just looked like things were running well. Overall it just seemed like it was a good fit for our situation.

less expensive, but no bath...

less expensive, but no bathtubs and no swimming pool high tax state and city

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your review, and I would like to address the concerns you mentioned. Due to the safety reasons often associated with bathtubs, our apartments are equipped with private walk-in showers. Our residents find that the showers are much easier to navigate than tubs, and handrails add to the security. For residents who enjoy swimming, we provide transportation to the local YMCA. Although swimming is a great form of exercise, we offer fitness classes nearly every day for our residents to maintain their health. On the issue of taxes, our apartments are for rent on a month-to-month basis and we do not charge taxes. If we can help further, please contact us at [removed] and include the Atria community name in your subject line. We hope you visit us again soon!

Studio is 3900 plus care. Having a s...

Studio is 3900 plus care. Having a sale for 2990, but this wouldonly last 2 years and then jump up as much as they want.

liked it. A PLACE TO CONSIDER

liked it. A PLACE TO CONSIDER

judy liked it. A PLACE TO CONSIDER

judy liked it. A PLACE TO CONSIDER

has more open spaces for congregating...

has more open spaces for congregating. Nicer looking everything.

Excellent. The Director gave us a to...

Excellent. The Director gave us a tour and we met with the nurse. The visited my mother her nursing home to give us an assessment of her nursing care needs. I am very happy with Atria, and it one of my top two choice for a place for my mother. I will schedule a time to bring my mother to see the place.

Very nice place; the Director was a w...

Very nice place; the Director was a wonderful tour counselor. Apartments are very nice. Kosher menu. independent living, not assisted living. Additional care package available separately.

LaDawn K.

I’m glad to hear that you found our community and staff to be pleasant. Our location has received its assisted living licensure and can now provide expanded services to our residents. We also have a Life Guidance memory care neighborhood for those with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. If we can answer any questions or if you would like to visit again, please let us know. We can be reached via email at [removed] (include the Atria community name in your subject line) or you can, of course, call or stop by anytime.

Easily accessible to public transport...

Easily accessible to public transportation. Dedicated 3rd floor memory care unit. Can interface with Indi floors. They take them on outside trips like to museums etc. Extra Healthcare thru Sterling Glen. 18 rooms. $4,695 bases plus ???? from Sterling Glen.

Conveniently located just minutes from the City, Westchester and New Jersey, Atria Riverdale has been the Bronx’s senior living community of choice for more than 15 years. With a continued commitment to quality, they have just completed a $14 million renovation to enhance the beauty and functionality of the community – and better serve the growing needs of those living with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia.

Recent upgrades include a redesigned lobby and common areas, a new outdoor terrace, a contemporary bistro with vegan options, a cocktail lounge with casual fare, a restyled salon, library and movie theater, and an expanded Life Guidance® memory care neighborhood featuring upgraded apartments and a remodeled restaurant.

Residents of Atria Riverdale also enjoy a wealth of daily events including guest lectures, exercise opportunities and creative workshops, as well as a vibrant Jewish lifestyle featuring gourmet kosher cuisine, weekly religious services and traditional holiday observances.