Orchard Heights - Orchard Park, NY

A tour for care

I toured this community and it was bigger then what I was looking for at thie time. The staff were nice and my questions. were answered, I saw that there were activities that were offered. It is clean and well maintained. I would suggest other families take a tour to see if this will meet the needs of a loved one for good care and the value.

Highly Recommended!!

My mother has been enjoying her stay at the Orchard Heights. The meals are wonderful I've had a chance to try them myself. They have a range of activities that the residents could engage in daily. The staff does a fantastic job keeping me informed and taking care of my loved one. I have no complaints about this community.

The staff was very friendly. The place did not seem warm and comfortable. It is a little pricey and if appointments are not close by they do not transport.

Nice but could be better

I do have to say that the staff was very nice and some truly stood out as going above and beyond .

I was not pleased with the size of the memory care unit. The other areas are large and comfortable but the common/living area in memory care is small and in fact, there is not enough seating for the residents. Often, the staff has to bring in kitchen chairs and many residents cannot see the television due to lack of space. There is an atrium area that no one seems to use and could be better utilized for this space issue.

Also, there are HUGE potholes in the entrance road. While I understand our winters cause this, it seems some temporary solution could be made.

As the cost is $5000 per month, one would think it should be a little more upscale.

In comparing other assisted living facilities, Orchard Heights, in my opinion, does have more assistance for those that need more care.

At Orchard Heights our residents are welcomed into a caring community where they are surrounded by all the amenities of home, plus the personal attention of our dedicated staff. From around-the-clock care by licensed nurses and personal care assistants to activities tailored to residents and their families, our Adult Care residence raises senior care to new heights.

In addition, Orchard Heights offers a specialized unit dedicated to the needs of those with memory-impairment. Individuals who are memory impaired have unique needs. They thrive and feel safe and secure in a routine and structure environment. The Memory Care Wing features wider hallways, a secure patio, a country kitchen, a wonderful greenhouse, a bright activity room, a whirlpool spa, memory boxes and a fireplace; all to make the residents feel secure in the beautiful home-like setting.

Short-term respite care is also available and is ideal for those who need assistance for just a short time. With stays available from 3 days to 6 weeks, Respite Care is available for our Assistive Living and Memory Care communities. Respite Care can be used for residents who require rehabilitative services, physical or occupational therapy, or for families who need short-term assistance with providing care for their loved ones.