Elderwood Village at Williamsville - Williamsville, NY

Staff is very attentive and keeps residents busy

This has been a very positive experience for my Mother. The staff members are very attentive to her needs and they provide a good level of activity to keep her moving. For activities they have things like movie nights, bingo, outings to go shopping, live entertainment, and card games. There have been a few minor issues logistically when we first moved in, but they were corrected by management. They do charge a community fee but if you move out within 90 days they refund it. I would recommend this community to other families.

We really liked this facility, the common areas are simply lovely, old arts and crafts and mission style furnishings, nice courtyards, lovely dining room and piano rooms and living areas. It is situated in old Williamsville, so it doesn't have that suburban institutional campus feel. The entire population of the village is 75 people or so, a good size.

The lovely [Removed] was informative, supportive and does her job extremely well. I was convinced that my in-laws would get the absolute best care here.

The problem was the units; the one bedroom units are too small, only a kitchenette with two burners, no oven, and not even enough counterspace to easily make coffee and a sandwich...although there was room for an island to remedy this. There is no room for clothing, a tiny bedroom closet, no entry way closet for coats; I do not see how we could put both parents' clothing in the room and space for an armoir is also limited. The bathrooms were also lacking storage. The one bedroom we saw looked into the courtyard but had no walk-out. I wish the owners would put some thought into redesigning these spaces. We saw a two bedroom which was nominally better but all the walls are oddly angled making furniture arrangement challenging.
All units are all-inclusive with all kinds of help included in the price...from personal lanyard with urgent assistance button, dressing, shaving, showering, up to ten medications administered. Transportation services looked good.

I wish [Removed] had better facilities to encourage! She is a treasure -- smart, genuinely interested in people, and not as pushy, speedy, and 'rehearsed' as so many people at these facilities seem to be.

Do not go here

Not enough care. My grandmother struggled. We were promised that all care was included. Just words. Very disappointed.

RaeAnn Skerrett

We are very sorry that you feel your grandmother struggled. We absolutely include services such as personal care, medication management, scheduled transportation and meals. Our resident care manager, social worker or administration are always available to discuss your loved ones care plan and how we can best support her.

Not The Place For My Loved One

I took a tour of the community and it went as good as it could. It was eye opening and I would not want to put my loved one here. It looked nice but they have small living spaces.

Everything is 5 stars at Elderwood!!

My brother is doing fine at this community. He enjoys playing bingo and he attends mass. He loves the food and they keep the community clean. The staff are attentive and there is good communication with them. I would recommend this community.

My mother has been living here for almost 2 months. She is adapting to the new surroundings and the nurses and staff have been good about asking questions and communicating issues in a timely manner. They manage her medication and use a pharmacy that delivers, which helps me because I no longer need to pick up prescriptions.
A podiatrist comes on site regularly and a nurse from another company was arranged to help my mother when she needed dressings changed on a wound. They also will provide transportation to medical appointments with advance notice.
The food is decent, but my mother was eating the soup on a regular basis and had some issues because of the salt content. I would prefer more nutritional information for the residents to help them make better dietary choices.
My mother participates in the activities regularly and seems to enjoy them. They have morning workouts (seated exercises), brain fitness, singalongs, and bingo to name a few.
The temperature on the third floor is too warm both in the hallway and in the apartment (thermostat in the room is turned all the way down and it was 74 degrees in the apartment) but this will hopefully change now that the weather is warming up.
The only other issue we have noticed is the aides wake my mother up an hour earlier than she requested. I haven't followed up personally to get this corrected, so it may not continue to be an issue.

We completed a tour of this...

We completed a tour of this facility and it is currently our number on e choice.