Brookdale Bassett Road - Buffalo, NY

Brookdale Bassett Road - Buffalo, NY has yet not published prices.

CLEANLINESS

Bathrooms in residences are filthy and not sanitary..cleaning staff doesn’t wash bedspreads. Someone needs to look at the cleanliness of these rooms. Blinds have 2 inches of dust on them.

Good care

We like the care at this community. The staff has always been caring. The community needs to be kept up more. The menu was nice. They staff tried to get my mom involved with the activities that were available for the residents who wanted to participate. We would recommend this community for good care for other families.

Like most of the Brookdale's this does predominantly only offers rooms or studios, not real apartments for those who need assistance. We have been told that there are a few one bedroom units, and if any of these are available, we will go and take a tour. Nicely, the people as the Kenmore said they would look into it for us...as my mother still has friends in the Williamsville area, that would make more sense to us than moving them up to Kenmore.

Not the Right Fit For Us

I toured this community for my mother, and her needs. The community was decent, but this was not the community for my mother.

Wonderful Caretakers!!

My mom has been recently placed in the memory care unit and although it is very expensive I am very pleased with how things are going for her. Her health has not been the best but I am thankful for the caretakers that have been looking after her while she is there. I am comfortable with the services they have been provided and think they are very compassionate people. Overall I have no complaints and would recommend it to anyone.

Friendly, Kind Tour

I had a very nice tour of this community. My tour went very well, and everyone was friendly. The community looked very clean, and everything appeared to be well-kept. The staff I met was nice, and helpful. They answered all my questions. It was a good experience, but I did find another community that met our needs better. However this is a nice facility with kind people.

My aunt and I visited this location. It was clean, friendly, rooms were very nice. My aunt liked the location and it's very affordable in assisted living terms. They have a van service for doctor's appointments, and will have services (like PT) come into the location as well. They also allow small pets as long as the resident can take care of them. All in all, a great facility and one that is on our definite list!

I visited here and it was very nice. It included a dementia area and had different options for assisted living (eg. For additional cost, help dressing, showering could be added to care level.) I would have selected this location EXCEPT: Once a client runs out of private pay, they can't stay. And there is no
skilled nursing unit there to provide full continuum.

I have no complaints

The staff at this community are friendly and helpful. Mom likes the food and they do have plenty of options. There is a full calendar of daily activities. The community is clean, bright and well maintained. I would recommend this community.

Very pretty environment!!

This organization really seems like they have a great group of people working for them. They have really helped my mother get adjusted into her new living environment and made sure to keep in good contact with me since I live out of state. She has had no complaints about the food and seems to love the breakfast and lunch they serve the most. [Removed] does a great job with the activity program and my mom has started to participated in a few of them to keep busy throughout the week.

Great activity program!!

My friend has recently made the move into this community and seems to really be liking everything so far. He has really enjoyed all of the activities that are available to him like bingo and the different singing concerts. He did say he was not completely thrilled with the meals they provide but did not have any particular complaint about them. The staff are pleasant and I would recommend this place to anyone.

A great place

I am happy that my friend is doing good at this community. She has just moved in and like the great staff who are treating her very well. The community is very clean. She is happy with the variety of activities so that when she is comfortable and settled she can participate. I know that she is happy with the variety of the meals. I would be happy to inform anyone needing good care for a loved one that this is a excellent community.

Nice Care

This community is not taking care of the carpet that needs to be replace . I informed the staff that it is not clean. They do not offer a variety when it comes to the menu. It is a nice community, but needs some small improvements.

The help I needed

I was at a real loss on how to go about helping my Dad... I really needed help and guidance. Through A Place For Mom putting me in contact with Brookdale, was extremely helpful and needed. They were able to assist me. My Dad is getting the care and the safety that puts both of our minds at ease.

I would do your homework before you move into this community!

My sister in law is not happy living at Brookdale. She said the place is dirty and she had cobwebs in her bathroom. She does like the food. She only likes two people at this community. They do not have many activities to keep her challenged.

Happy With My Move Here

I'am doing good here at this community. It has worked out very well for me here, and I like it. It is a nice looking community, they do a good job with the cleanliness. The staff is great, they are very helpful and polite. There activities available for me when I'am ready to participate. I would say the quality of the food needs improvement. Everybody have been very friendly, I'am happy with my move here, and I would recommend it.

Sales pitch and reality disconnect

It has only been a short time that my loved one has been a resident, and I have been visiting DAILY for several hours. I see many " opportunities for improvement" as we say in the health care world. I don't think they match their sales pitch to what is done in reality. When you bring up their shortcomings to the staff, their mantra is "we don't do that here, this is assisted living". It is my intention to meet with the Executive Director once I have gathered my thoughts and have more time for my observations.
Oh, by the way, when I privately asked a resident how quickly they respond to the call light, it was the resident who clued me in to their "fall policy" which was not part of their sales pitch. I'll be asking to see that policy in writing very soon. Families need to advocate for the frail.

Comfortable With The Care

My mother is doing fine here at this community. I know she is safe and in good hands. It is a well-kept facility, they do a very good job with keeping everything nice and clean. They have a very good staff here. There are activities offered for her when she is ready to participate. The food is good, she is pleased with the meals. They are providing her with great care and I would recommend this community.

Toured, seemed very nice!

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. I thought Brookdale Bassett Road seemed like a very nice place, overall! The staff is friendly, the facility was clean and nice looking, and I saw quite a few activities going on during my tours. They are definitely worth a look!

Highly Recommendable

Everyone is very caring at Bassett and I have had nothing to complain about. The staff is very professional and understanding and I find that at this time in my mom's life it is very important. I would recommend Bassett to anyone.

I like the staff

I like the staff at Brookdale Bassett Road. They are very friendly. Whatever I ask they take care of right away. I've never had a problem with them and that means a lot to me. It has been an all around good experience.

good marks for all the standard checklist items. The building is a bit older. The staff is very friendly.

Needs More Accommodations For Smokers

There is only one thing I can think of that Emeritus at Bassett Manor can improve on and that is for more compromise with smokers. My dad is a smoker and they do not make many accommodations for smokers.

So Far So Good

The Emeritus at Bassett Manor is a friendly community. So far so good. Everything is running smoothly. The friendliness is excellent. Everyone there is very friendly and welcoming. The staff is helpful and nice. They could improve on their cleanliness and care services. Other than that, everything is really good. We haven't had any major issues or concerns. I would recommend this community to anyone.

Very nice place!

So far things seem to be going very well at Emeritus at Bassett Manor! My loved one really seems to be enjoying herself here. The other residents are lovely, and she has already made a few friends here. The staff are also caring and friendly, and they were a big help throughout the whole move-in process. The facility itself is clean and well kept, and they even do a great job with the food!

Trust this facility

I have given a five star overall rating. We toured facilities that had larger rooms, but they were almost $1,000 more a month. The studio is large enough for a twin bed, small table, recliner, tv and small refrigerator.

People are very caring and helpful to the tenants. The reason I put four stars under care services is because when my Dad pulls the cord in his room it takes at least 20 minutes for someone to respond. In my mind that is too slow of a response. Thankfully, in my Dad's case, it was not an emergency.

Overall, this is very nice and comfortable with caring staff for the money.

The people are really nice and trying their best

My loved one is still settling in. So far It's been fine. The food hasn't been that great. They should have more fresh produce and fresh food. Other than that, the people are really nice and trying their best. It has been a pretty good experience so far. We're happy. The staff is very nice and friendly. The facility is clean. I'm not sure about the value yet.

They are doing an excellent job.

They are doing an excellent job. The staff is excellent and very friendly. They are very patient, kind and thoughtful. The food is wonderful. There is one girl who works in the kitchen Kam, she is absolutely an asset, they would be lost without her, she is one in a million. I miss her when she isn't working and when she is, I know that she watches over my mom, and everyone else. Plenty of entertainment, activities. Lisa is wonderful, the front desk is wonderful, the administration is wonderful. It's all so nice.

We are very pleased with them.

We are very pleased with them. They are doing a good job. It's clean and the staff is friendly. I don't really have any concerns. We are happy with them.

a couple areas for improvement

They can definitely improve their medical service. There's a lot of confusion and mis-communication among the staff in regards to treatment. Much of the staff is friendly, but some of the nurses can improve their attitude.

On a positive note, they are very receptive to hearing feedback from the family members whenever I call.

Very considerate and caring staff

So far we've had a great experience with Emeritus at Bassett Manor! The staff are all very friendly and personable, and they are very kind and considerate to their residents. They strike a good balance between giving my loved on the privacy enjoys, but also making sure he is checked on frequently and his medical needs dealt with.

Review of Emeritus at Bassett Park Manor, 111 St. Gregory's Court

We heard so many positive comments from both residents and their families, plus the fact my sister and I could both agree that Bassett Park Manor was the best fit for mom, that we were really disappointed in her move. We were not given an appointment time for her move so we assumed any time on Friday was okay. Ended up with actual move on the weekend without the director of health and wellness not being there, confusion about her meds, her room was not ready, and felt we were left to our own devices regarding requesting help with issues. This has left us uncomfortable in that since both of us are out of state that we cannot check on her weekly to be sure her needs are being met. Also, they are being bought out by Brookdale as of 8/1/14, to become the largest provider of assisted living, nursing homes, etc. in the U.S.

Really liked everyone we me...

Really liked everyone we met here. Jonathan that gave us our tour was very professional, genuine and seemed to be a very good listener when talking about our Grandmother's needs. I liked the one floor layout and the fact that the staff makes great efforts to keep residents on a schedule with medications, meals, bathroom etc. The only thing that was not the greatest...was the room size.

I completed a tour of this ...

I completed a tour of this facility. All of the staff were charming and helpful, but the overall impression was of a nursing home.

Emeritus and A Place For Mom

I would gladly recommend A Place for Mom as a valuable resource and for providing a list of qualified facilities. They were conscientious and very patient as I worked with my family to first find a facility in the Buffalo NY area that met my parents very different needs and then ultimately with the passing of my father, to focus on the needs of my mother. Again it was a pleasure. My mother is now a resident of Emeritus At Bassett Manor and is quite comfortable.

They kept raising the rates, and never had a good explanation for why they were doing that. It was a lot more than the regular 3% or so most communities go up. They didn't do much just laundry, and meals, and medication management, and that was it.

...I would give them more than a five if I could!

The staff are all very very helpful, and so nice, I would give them more than a five if I could! They have been great. The activities and programs they have is great and very beneficial. They have been very helpful.

THE ELDERLY PAY AND PAY

Now the home has included an increase of $200 for the distribution of meds! This was the norm for assisted living!
Individual rooms are not cleaned properly dusting is not done on a regular basis.In fact I cleaned my moms room to find dirt on the blinds about 6 mo worth. This home provides a water cooler near the dining room but no cups when I looked into the water catch it was full and filthy with I can only guess. Your supervision struts but is blind to the less obvious problems. These old problems have yet to be addressed. The home only wants positive responses which in good faith I cannot give.

Wonderful first impression,...

Wonderful first impression, very focused on mom's health and care.

They have been as understanding and supportive as they possibly could be

They offer regular assisted living and they offer 4 levels of care. And they do have, on the other side of their building, a section that is for people with memory issues. They seem to have a little activity every morning and every evening and some night activities. They had a little Christmas Party. It has a good layout. The front wall in the community room is made up of windows and it's clean and nice. I would like it if they had a little higher level of medical staff on duty but that may be the difference between a nursing home or an assisted living facility. They seem to be on top of things. When we let them know we were coming to move in we planned on being there at lunch time, and there were three staff members in the lobby waiting for her, and they all greeted her and told her how happy they were to meet her and have her there. It really made her feel special, and she was confused and didn't understand why she was being moved, but greeting her and learning her name made all the difference. Patrick Shultz, the director(he is just great), picked out meal companions and stayed with her while they ate so she got her mind off the fact that she was moving and while she was eating we put her room together so when she came back to her room she was able to just move forward. They have been as supportive and understanding as they could possibly be and I appreciate that, I sure wasn't expecting that. They have been flexible with me.

Seemed very relaxed

The manager showed me around and knew all the patients there and seemed very relaxed.

It's a nice facility

One floor plan, rooms are all private and very spacious. Lots of activities. Staff is very caring and efficient. Have special events and trips. The location is great, on a quite residential street across from a Catholic grade school. Has several lounge areas where residents can gather. Family style dinning. The food is good. Takes people with wheelchairs, but they have to self ambulate around. My mom turned 100 yrs. in July and loves this place.

I was impressed at first...

I was impressed at first when looking at it for the memory care but they did a real bait and switch on me as far as the money was concerned. If they would treat people like that when they were looking what would they treat the residents like once they were in?

Basset Park was a blessing.

Basset Park was a blessing! I was getting to a point where she would have to go to a nursing home and as long as she can ambulate she can be here, and it's all one floor so she can easily navigate it. I love the layout it's open and homey! The price is phenomenal! Overall I would reccommend the community, it's a good value and very open. They have lounges and nice activities. It's shaped like an H so it is easy to navigate. They seemed to have a good availability. They had a nice party for my moms 100th birthday and released 100 baloons and the activities person emailed the Emeritus sister communities all over the country and to try and get 100 birthday cards and so mom started to receive birthday cards from other staff and residents all over the country. There is always an administrator that works well into the evenings to make sure things are going well and they participate with the residents.

Emeritus Senior Living

Hi there. Thank you for your wonderful review. We're so glad to hear your mother enjoyed her birthday party. After all, 100 is such a milestone- it desserves a big celebration. If you ever have any questions, concerns, suggestions or thoughts you would like to share, we invite you to chat with the community staff anytime. Thank you again.

Seemed Very Nice

That was very nice and everything but I actually went there by accident. The people were nice and everything but when I went there I probably went to the wrong spot. I was looking for Bassett Manor, not Bassett Park Manor. While I was there the lady told me about the prices and how they do things there. She showed me around and everything seemed nice. Maybe if I didn't know about Bassett Manor, I would have gone to Bassett Park Manor.

A Good Choice

I think things are going quite well. There have been a couple problems but all in all it's pretty good. I thought the place was very nice and very clean. I think that's a real good value too. The care is really good. I think everything is good. From talking to my parents, it seems like they're involved in a lot of things up there. I think they like it and they're doing well. It was a good choice. I'm so glad that Patrick called me and convinced me to come up and see it.

Nice location and grounds. ...

Nice location and grounds. We did a drive by and if we need more, I can make an appointment. The people there are very nice.

Glad we found it

We thought it fit my mother in law the best. Its a one floow, small...smaller place than the others and since she has a hard time walking, at the other places she would have had to either walk on stairs or take an elevator if it was more than one level. They've been wonderful, its been a very good experience. Since she's not a social person, she gets annoyed with people coming into the room at different times of day but they're only coming in to give her her meds or change her sheets or things like that. She has a hard time swallowing so they have been accomodating her as far as crushing her meds or putting them in pudding. The food is a good thing too, I have eaten there probably 3 or 4 times the past couple of months and its good.

Great Community

It just seemed to have everything that we were hoping to get for my mother. She has fallen in love with the place. She thinks she works there its not that far away. I think it’s a reasonable place and I think she is very happy there and that’s all I care about her being happy and well taken care. She just seems so happy there that she is not as stubborn as she used to be. We are constantly calling and keeping an open line of communication. Just liked it right away and the manager here was upfront with us. He really is dedicated and told us it would be hard at first but she will end up loving it. We are glad we stuck it out because now she does love.

They allow cats

The location of the Emeritus at Bassett Manor and the price were the two major factors in choosing here. I also toured Montgomery Park, but the Emeritus had a move in deal that made it more affordable. They also allow resident's with cats to have their cat move in with them, which I thought was nice. There have been mixed reviews on the food, some days she likes it some days she doesn't, I think it has to do with what is being served. I have not tried the food yet.

Did not satisfy our expecta...

Did not satisfy our expectations. Had a great talk with representative but the environment was not meeting our expectations.

Emeritus Senior Living

Thanks for letting us know.  Finding a community that’s the right match for you or your loved one is vital to the success of this move. We are glad you are taking the time to explore this very important aspect of senior living.

This absolutely was not the...

This absolutely was not the situation for my parents. Also, I felt it was dark & dreary and smelled like urine. The manager freely entered the residents rooms without their knowledge. My parents are much more independent than the people who reside @ Bassett Manor. I was not impressed with this facility.

Home to my father-in-law

The property is conveniently located to family members. We liked our visit and my father-in-law has no complaints.

Smaller, more personalized. A little...

Smaller, more personalized. A little dated, but we liked the We Care program.

Liked facility. The residents seem to...

Liked facility. The residents seem to be the most important. Employees seemed very friendly.

A possibility. The room is smaller th...

A possibility. The room is smaller than the one I viewed at Bassett Park Manor. Although they do have an outdoor courtyard where Dad could walk, that too is kind of small. Dad would end up walking in circles.

looks nice

looks nice

didn't care for the facility but did ...

didn't care for the facility but did appreciate all the information they provided to us and the assessment

Awesome! Highly recommended

Awesome! Highly recommended

Brookdale at Bassett Manor offers a home like setting and cheerful smiles and greetings from our staff that is committed to your loved one’s care. Our staff provides the assistance your loved one needs, while respecting their independence and affording them with unlimited opportunities to enjoy their hobbies and interests with others. The restaurant style dining, musical events, activities, clubs, cultural enrichments programs, resident Wi-Fi, resident-accessible raised garden beds, and pet-friendly environment will allow your loved one to make their new home at Bassett Manor without having to worry about medication management and other care needs.

Our staff provides each resident with an individualized care plan that is tailored to ensure that their specific medical, emotional, and physical needs are met. This care plan can include electronic medication management, transportation to doctor appointments, laundry, and cleaning services, assistance with daily self-care tasks, and any other care needs that are requested by the family or resident. Our family at Bassett Manor provides both Assisted Living and Memory Care services that will allow your loved one to live comfortably and happily within their home. Liberty Lodge, our Memory Care neighborhood, ensures that your loved one’s socialization needs are met by engaging them in activities specific to their own interests, supporting their brain health and cognitive engagement.

Call at anytime to set up an appointment for a tour or feel free to stop by to see our community, because we delight in showing you our home and introducing you to our family.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.