The facility is nice but...

My father-in-law and I toured here when we were trying to find the right place for him to move in. The facility was very nice. The only issue we had was with the woman that gave us a tour. She seemed like she wasn't very informed on what they offered there for their residents. My father-in-law felt like she didn't know what was going on. It's probably one of the nicer facilities around here but he was disenchanted with her lack of knowledge and the experience.

My Great New Home

I am happy with the care that I receive from this community. The staff are always attentive and make sure that I have everything that I need. The community is always very clean and I like knowing that they take good care of the property. They have an excellent variety of healthy meals. There are activities for me to participate in. I would highly recommend this community for excellent care for others

Fits Dads Personality

We toured a few different communities and pretty much they were all on the same level, however, this one seemed to be the better fit for dad's personality. The staff is great here friendly and nice interacts with the residents. The community very well cares for clean all the time. Dad is really liking the food here. He is doing some of the activities they offer. Over all, he is enjoying the new environment and we are thrilled he is happy there.

A good stay

My loved one had a short respite stay at this community. The staff did everything they could to make him feel comfortable. The community was clean. This community is more for independent living and our loved one needed a little more care than they were able to offer.

We feel comfortable

My husband and I are very happy here at Olympus Ranch, in fact, we felt very comfortable on our tour and decided this was going to be a good fit for us.
The staff has been very helpful and friendly, the dining area is nice, plus we enjoy talking with the other residents and the meals are excellent, I've even gained a few extra pounds eating here. The exercise room has been great for my husband who has Parkinson's and the stationary bikes there have really help improve some of his mobility. There is an in-home care offered by Dignity Health available if needed and they are the ones who run the exercise area as well. There are lots of activities, field trips and they have transportation for the residents as well.
A Place for Mom was very helpful to me when I needed help and did not know where to turn too.

A good place to live

I am very happy living at this nice community. The staff is very helpful when needed. The menu is very good and I like alot of the meals that are provided. The activities are offer and I like doing activities with the other residents. I would recommend others to live here at a nice community for this good value for a nice place to live.

Expensive!

My mother toured many facilities including Olympus Ranch. It was a nice community but it was much more expensive and they charged for an elite membership. It was not the best for my mother.

A 5 For Sure

The meals are excellent, decor is wonderful, my friend's apartment is excellent. Just the right size and easy for her to get around. She is blind and it has taken awhile for her to adjust. She hasn't tried any activities yet. The dining room is right outside her door and the staff help her get to the table. She is doing wonderful and everything is great for sure.

Mom's Great Care

My mother has excellent care at this community. It is very clean and well taken care of.The staff is really good to everyone. They offer her alot of activities here. She is able to cook on her own but will in time need help with cooking. I highly recommend the great care at this community.

For Now...

For now the care has been good and the experience is going well. My mom is happy in her new community. I feel that she is safe and getting cared for well. I would recommend the community to a family or friend.

They were wonderful to help us find exactly what we needed for my parents. Very accommodating and patient with us. I would highly recommend them.

My aunt is doing pretty good since moving into Olympus Ranch!!

The only small issue I have is that they are a very Mormon community and they do not offer other religious options for sunday church. They staff seem to be very patient and really good. They community is kept clean. The food is not great. She is not yet participating in any of the activities offered.

Looking Forward To My Move

I have not moved into this community yet, but so far my everything is working out. I'am waiting for my home to sell, but I'am looking forward to my move to this community. The community looks great. The staff is kind and courteous. There are activities offered for the residents through out the week. I'am hoping everything continues to go well. This is a lovely community.

An Enjoyable Place

The community and residents have been great here! My dad has plenty to do and they keep the facility clean and well maintained. I believe my dad enjoys the food, he has not complained yet. I find this community recommendable.

Enjoying The Community

Everything is going very well for my loved one. She really likes this community. I'am pleased with everything they have done for us. It is a very nice and clean facility. They staff is nice and helpful. There are many activities offered. The meals are nice. She is in good hands and I would recommend it.

Great facility

We had a great visit to Olympus Ranch, I thought it was a wonderful place, good food, friendly staff, clean & bright. Unfortunately it didn't work out for the person we were hoping might be able to live there.

Review of Olympus Ranch - Murray, UT

Olympus Ranch is a beautiful community quite new. Everyone is very nice but I was a little disappointed with the fact that their pricing is misrepresented on the site and theyre not willing to work with families at all. It very much an independent living community not so much an independent living with assistance community. And that is fine it just wasnt going to work in our situation. Food was wonderful Tom and John both took quite a bit of time with us giving us a tour and answering my list of questions. I do feel the pricing needs to be updated on the website.

Going very well

Things are going well here. He really seems to like it. The staff is nice and friendly. The facility itself is clean and well maintained and the other residents are nice. Overall, I think things are going very well so far.

The good and the bad

I have a parent at Olympus Ranch. The good comments from several reviewers are mostly true: the people are nice, and there is a lot to do. However, the corporate people are extremely greedy: over the last few years, they have asked for more than 5%/year increases. Even this year, when inflation has actually been NEGATIVE, they want 6%! Also, there is just one tiny, painfully slow elevator to handle four floors of people with walkers and electric wheelchairs - in an emergency, it would be useless. Also, each meal takes 1 1/2 to 2 hours because everyone is served (really not served) at once. Would I put my parent there if we had to do it again? Maybe - but I certainly look closely at other places before making that decision.

five stars across the board

Olympus Ranch is a very friendly and cheerful place to live. The food is pretty good. It could be better, but it could be worse. As far as places like this go, the food is pretty good. I'm very happy here and would recommend it.

Staff Does A Good Job

My loved one says that the food there is really good and that the staff does a great job of looking out for all of the residents and taking care of them.

good overall experience

It would have been nice if they had some sort of ambassador, someone to help get him oriented and familiar with the place. I think that would have made it a more pleasant experience and smooth transition.

Other than that everything has been great. The place is nice and clean, the people there are all very friendly, and they have plenty of good activities (even though dad does not participate in them).

They are fabulous.

They are fabulous. We don't have any concerns. She has made lots of friends. Even the food is good. Overall they get a five on everything. We are very glad we found them, and chose to move in there.

Olympus Ranch was a good move

I chose Olympus Ranch for my aging father to live in. He was moved from Colorado to Utah so he could be nearer to family. Olympus Ranch is an independent living facility. That being said, I would've preferred what other communities called a resident ambassador. There were other facilities I looked at that had a resident who would be an ambassador, to accompany the new resident to meals and introduce him to other residents for the first week or two until he felt comfortable. Olympus Ranch does not have that, and he's done fine anyway.
It is a very nice facility. It's clean and the meals look good.
It's organized and they bend over backward to deal with doctor appointment transportation.
If I had to choose again, I would choose Olympus Ranch.

It's Awesome!

My father stays at the Olympus Ranch. It's a great place, great location as it is conveniently located. Great services. Really caring staff, very patient, professional and superb. We would not have known about them, we are grateful for your services. You changed our lives. Without you, we would have never known about them at all. so, thank you! Breakfast is a little early, but it's a good breakfast and great food. It's a great place.

Great Location by the mountain

It's a beautiful place. Everything very clean and beautifully decorated. Great dining area and lobby. You have everything that you need and staff is there to help whenever needed. Very nice and caring staff. Great meals and a good place to meet others. It's a safe and serene place.

Olympus Ranch was a great choice for me.

Olympus Ranch was a great choice for me. It is bright and cheerful, and is a well kept building. My apartment has many windows and is a well lighted and inviting. The food is good -- sometimes excellent.

Great place.

My mom loves the place. She tells me that everyone is friendly. When I first mentioned that we should go look at the place she would not go, now she tells me she wishes she had of went sooner. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Very positive experience. ...

Very positive experience. Tom was fabulous! Answered all of our questions and concerns in a very sensitive way. Talked directly to mom. The facility was clean, bright and an overall positive feel!

A Good Choice

They were wonderful. They took time with us and they answered all my questions. They were genuinely concerned about me and my situation. My mom will be staying there as long as she can. She really has enjoyed it. She liked the people and the atmosphere. The food is great - she says it's too much but she has a small appetite. They have activities. She really enjoys the fact that they take her to the temple every Wednesday and she goes to the Sunday evening moving that they have. She talks about putting together puzzles and things. She enjoys the company. The location is nice. Mom could walk around in the area if she wanted to. I think it was a good choice for her.

Didn't like the access to l...

Didn't like the access to laundry facilities. kitchen area to small.

You Can Stay at Other Locations for Free

I think they're awfully expensive like they all are but I think it's a good value for what you get. I'm not too familiar with all their acitivities but I know they have a movie night, bingo night, a spa day and they go on frield trips to museums and things like that. My dad talks about those.

They're good because they have other locations around the country that my parents could go stay at for free. There is one up closer to me that they're going to stay at for a week so they can visit us. They let me stay there for free in a guest room. I really like that feature and the people have been really nice.

I don't like the location. and the v...

I don't like the location. and the view from the rooms is very boring. Just a parking lot or 7/11. the dining area is large and attractive but there are limited other areas for interaction. this would be my second choice if I had to make one. I didn't care for the business of the road trying to get in and out of the area.

Really liked it; concerned about the...

Really liked it; concerned about the total independent living concept Also not crazy about the location, but the amenities and facility were fabulous.

Wonderful place. Friendly people & s...

Wonderful place. Friendly people & staff.

Situated on beautiful grounds at the foot of Mount Olympus, you’ll love our elegant facilities, breathtaking views and the convenience of nearby Salt Lake City. We’re just minutes from shopping, healthcare, dining and many wonderful local attractions.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind

Olympus Ranch is located in Murray, UT. This is a beautiful town with impressive mountain views situated south of Salt Lake City.

City Info

- Population: Only 49,230 people live in Murray. The average age of the residents in this town is 35 years old. This is a great place to raise a family or retire.

- Walkability: The walk score for the town is 40. A car is necessary to navigate the city for most errands.

- Senior Facilities: There are several senior facilities in this popular town.

- Weather: The weather in this region is warm in the summers, reaching into the 90s. The winters are cool in the 20s with large amounts of snowfall.

Murray is a great place to retire to. It is a larger community than its neighbors with its own police, parks and recreation department, and other services.

Transportation

Olympus Ranch provides transportation services to its residents. Utah Transit Authority operates buses and a rail system, and seniors receive reduced fares for a variety of trips. The following options are available for other services:

- Valley Shuttle Services: Airport transportation and cabs for seniors in Murray.

- Murray Taxi Cab and Shuttle: Taxi rides and shuttle services in and out of town.

- Amtrak: Salt Lake City Station for a variety of trips. Seniors receive a discount.

Medical Services

There are many hospitals and medical centers available to city residents. People can easily find primary care providers or urgent physicians.

- Intermountain Medical Center: Large network of primary care providers and specialists for a variety of medical needs.

- Intermountain Heart Institute: Full cardiology program and services.

- First Med Urgent Care: Urgent care facility for illness and minor injuries.

Sports and Leisure

The city operates the Heritage Center for seniors over 55 years old, which offers many services to these residents. This includes activities, social services, and programs for health and well-being. Seniors can enjoy fitness, billiards, golf tournaments, and much more.

There are many public golf courses to enjoy in and around Murray, UT. Some of the favorites in the area are:

- Murray Parkway Golf Course: 18-hole challenging golf course for all skill levels.

- Mick Riley Golf Course: 9-hole, par 3 course, driving range, and practice area.

- Fore Lakes Golf Course: Par 3, 9-hole course for all skill levels.

There are many options for tennis courts available to residents as well.

- Southwood Park: Public tennis courts and other park activities.

- The Sports Mall: Salt Lake City sports complex with tennis courts, a pool, and a variety of fitness activities.

There are many other activities to enjoy in the area. The city has several beautiful parks and trails for enjoying a walk.

- Millcreek Canyon: Natural park with beautiful mountain views, trails, and other activities.

- Henry J. Wheeler Farm: Working farm from the 1800s. Visitors can see animals, take wagon rides, and tour a Victorian house.

- Murray City Museum: Learn the history of the city through exhibits and tours.

Shopping

There are many great places to shop in this little city, including several unique shops and spots to find everyday items and clothing.

- Fashion Place: Mall with a collection of popular stores and restaurants.

- Teavana: Teapots and a variety of teas.

- Oakwood Village Shopping Center: A variety of stores and restaurants.

- Costco: Warehouse-style shopping store with food and everyday items.

There are also many options for groceries in town. From basic items to specialty foods, residents will find what they need.

- Walmart Supercenter: Groceries and everyday items under one roof.

- Sprouts Farmers Market: A variety of fresh produce and local items.

- WinCo Foods: Chain grocery store with a deli, produce section, and more.

Restaurants

Residents can enjoy all of their favorite fast food restaurants in this area. There are also a variety of restaurants for a family dinner that satisfies every taste.

- Tea Rose Diner: Breakfast and lunch classics served all day.

- The Cheesecake Factory: Chain restaurant serving American favorites in a casual atmosphere.

- Brio Tuscan Grille: A casual Italian restaurant.

Entertainment

There are many options for entertainment in this town. Residents can enjoy movies inside or outside at the local drive-in theatre.

- Century 16: Standard movie theatre showing the latest releases.

- Regal Crossroads: Chain movie theatre with large screens and comfortable seating.

- Redwood Drive-In and Swap Meet: Drive-in theatre showing the latest doubleheaders and hosting a swap meet.

Religious Services

There are many religious services in the vicinity of Olympus Ranch. Residents can find the right church for them within a reasonable distance.

- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints: Place of worship within walking distance of Olympus Ranch.

- Church of Christ Murray Park: Place of worship.

- Saint Vincent's Catholic Church: Catholic church open to the public.

Murray, UT has all the amenities of a large city in a smaller package. With many activities and breathtaking scenery, it is the perfect place to retire.