Sunrise at Holladay - Salt Lake City, UT

At Sunrise at Holladay, home should be a place full of possibility, a place to grow and a place you feel truly comfortable. After all, that’s what Senior Living should be: life on your terms. Nestled on Salt Lake City’s East benches, you’ll enjoy beautiful views of the valley and downtown in one direction and breathtaking mountain views in the other. You’ll be a leisurely walk away from a variety of area shops and restaurants, the Cottonwood Mall and the state-of-the-art Mount Olympus Senior Center.
Feel at home. The place you choose to live should support the way you want to live. We focus on our residents and what’s important to each one. We’re dedicated to welcoming you – on your terms.

Sunrise at Holladay offers...

Independent Living – Independence is living life without all the hassle and the overwhelming responsibilities. Just time to enjoy friends, family and the comforts of home.

Assisted Living – Sunrise offers individualized assisted living services and care for residents who need help with daily activities like bathing, assisting with medication, and maintain a focus on wellness and encouraging independence.

Memory Care – Sunrise offers care for every level of memory loss. We offer our innovative Reminiscence Neighborhood which provides everyday activities residents can enjoy and succeed at in specially designed, and safe stimulating surroundings.

Excellent Staff!!

My mother has recently made the move into this community and I could not be more pleased with how things are going for her. She was initially moved into the memory care unit but because of all her improvement she will move into the assisted living. The staff are excellent and they are always encouraging her to get more involved in the activities as well as keeping busy throughout the day. Overall I am very pleased and would highly recommend this place to anyone.

Sounds lovely but too expensive.

My Visit To The Community!

This community was a little more expensive than the others we looked at. The charges would change depending on the care needed. The people we met were really nice and the community seemed clean.

Our tour!!

This is a nice community and the people we met during our tour were nice. They allow pets and have daily activities. This community was a little to far away for us.

Father's Care in a good home.

This is a excellent home for my father. The staff is excellent and always willing to help him. Meals are good and he seems happy.They do have activities, but he does not participate. He really likes the music that is brought in for entertainment. I would recommend community for others who want good care for family members.

I loved The Staff, They Took Good Care Of My Father

My father's experience here at this community was an good a one. We did end up moving him, but that was only because he was to far from the family. Everything went very well, I knew he was safe and in good hands. The community looked great, everything was always nice and clean. There are activities offered for the residents. He loved the meals. Overall it was a very nice experience and I would recommend this community.

Has Potential but understaffed

The building itself is lovely. The majority of the employees are very pleasant. The care takers are very under staffed and the care management side of matters is not well run/organized.

For what one is paying, the customer service is not up to par.

The Director is great but he does not oversee the day-to-day care (in fact, I'm not sure who does).

Dining is fine but could use healthier options for residents and their guests.

This was my top pick for Salt Lake City. It is beautiful! So classy and so well run. Fantastic staff, nice rooms, very clean, and altogether inviting. Also the most expensive for memory care. So the cost was what made me remove it from the list. You get what you pay for though and if I was a little more wealthy we would have moved here for sure.

yes i would recommend this facility to thos in need of good care i gave the over all rating of a 5 star rating i think the staff is very friendly i gave the friendliness of the staff a 5 star rating the cleanliness is of a 5 star rating as well i like the location it is very nice

Nice place, overall

Overall I think they do a good job at Sunrise at Hollday, we're really enjoying it here. The people are friendly, and the place is clean and well kept. Really the only thing I think they could improve on would be the meal service.

Highly recommended, yet really disappointing...

Okay, so I took my grandfather, and my friend, and myself in to tour this place one afternoon. Their first issue started in the parking lot. We asked for help transferring him into a wheelchair, and waited twenty minutes for anyone to come help, and then they couldn't even manage. He's not a big guy. He's 150 lbs, and maybe 5'6". It shouldn't be that hard for trained professionals. The issues certainly didn't stop there. The woman giving us our tour was pretty terrible about it. She let us into residents rooms to tour. We all felt extremely uncomfortable in that situation. Only one of the residents had been notified that there were strangers being allowed into the private space. If I had placed my grandfather here, and found out that this was happening to him, I would be beyond furious. The woman also ignored him several times, and my friend as well. She must have figured that I was the one with access to money because she only acknowledged me. At one point, she even admitted that she was ignoring him because he was in a wheelchair, and apologized for it... only to continue doing so. At the end of the tour, my friend asked for a few moments so that we could all talk together to discuss our thoughts. She said sure, and then refused to leave us be. My grandfather, who would be paying the bills if this were to come to be his home, also asked her for the papers regarding the costs, and she ignored him and kept trying to give them to me, even after I explained that he needed to be the one receiving them.
Their day time activities also left much to be desired. On the day we visited, the big activity was "watching the Carol Burnett show together". No one who stayed there seemed to be enjoying themselves, they looked bored and sad. Needless to say, he did not opt to stay there and I highly HIGHLY recommend they replace their saleswoman. She drove us right out the door.

Sunrise Senior Living

Hello, please email us at Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com as we'd like to follow up and learn more about your experience. We take all concerns seriously.

Sunrise Team

Beware of the kitchen

Our biggest issue is they claim to work with special diets, but in reality, the kitchen staff keeps telling my Mom, "just don't eat it!" She gets terrible diarrhea when she has any of their soups for lunch. The scrambled eggs in the morning are scrambled in some sort of oil that also causes her diarrhea. Many food items at either breakfast, lunch or dinner cause the same gastric distress. She has told them she can't eat things cooked with tropical oils, soybean oil, generic "vegetable" oil. The answer from the kitchen staff is always the same...don't eat it!

When she is paying over $4000.00 a month for a small apartment and meals are included, shouldn't they work with people with special diets?? How do any of the diabetics survive there also.

Needless to say we are looking for another place for her to move that actually does cater to special diets.

Sunrise Senior Living

We are very sorry that you've had this negative experience. We take your comments very seriously and would like to learn more. Please contact information(at)sunriseseniorliving(dotcom) with your contact information. Thanks, The Sunrise Team

Good community

We haven’t been there very long, but so far, so good! We like it so far. The staff has been so friendly and helping us get settled. It is a clean and bright community. I have been happy with the cost for what we’re getting so far.

Honest

I felt like they were very caring and honest with us. As our loved one was only there for 20 days they even refunded us money. They were extremely honest and caring. The day my loved one passed they were so caring and kind. It was just the best experience it could be.

The memory care floor is ex...

The memory care floor is excellent and individualized. I got very good individualized information and help.

Too much money and price wi...

Too much money and price will increase as she changes