This may be the best so far. Visited 3/10/18 and host was [name removed]. Excellent tour and very friendly place. Had to laugh as almost all the lady residents had new hairdos for the weekend and were dolled up with smiles on faces. I liked the grounds and safe courtyard for both independent and assisted clients. Lunch or dinner at noon depending where you are from (we have supper in Indiana) Residents were out and about and everyone knew everyone. Rooms were well laid out and the one bedroom had really nice closets. The one downside for me is the main heating unit is in the living area and is diverted thru wall to bedroom. Activity areas were being remodeled but are large and will be nicely furnished. Church is available for all. Outings and bus service to shop and doctors appts covers large area. This was Best of State four years running and I can feel and see why. Rates are in line with other nice facilities and maybe less.

Mom was happy here

The staff were so pleasant, patient and accommodating. She had a 1 bedroom apartment with a small patio.The food is extremely good and she could also go to the independant side and eat whenever she wanted. They offered lots of daily activities. Lots of music going on. Mom just passed away and when I'm getting her things they would tell me how much they loved my mom and misses her their personal atmosphere was comforting. I would recommend this community to other families.

not getting the extra care we are paying for

This place drives me crazy! At first they would walk in on mom in the bathroom, never knock! No Privacy!
We are now paying an additional $500 a month because she now needs extra care. Our cousin goes to check on her, she is sitting in the dark, nothing on her feet, diapers and trash are sitting on the counter and it stinks in the room. She grabs someone to come and take the trash out. Mom is hungry and can no longer eat without help, she wanted a sandwich an hour later she still never received anything to eat she asked a second time and asked them to at least bring a yogurt and finally had to leave and she still had not received any food. Unfortunately we live in another state and can't monitor things ourselves, but when we call they say all is well. Would love to get her out of this place!!!!

Mom Is Happy

We chose this community because it was nice and the staff is friendly and answered all our questions. It is kept up and clean and they are under construction right now so making the outside look better. The food is tasty but understaffed so she has to wait for her food along time. The caregivers are caring and helpful. Mom has gone out on drives and enjoyed that. I would recommend this community. She is active and it has lots of active independent people.

Care and Comfort

We are happy with the good care at this community. We like that she likes the staff and the menu of the meals. The activitites are offered for her to participate with the other residents. We like that the other residents seemed to be happy with the care. We recommend this community from what we have experienced to other families for the care of a loved one.

No comparison to where I live

The place appeared clean and the grounds were nice. The staff seemed friendly maybe too much so to the residents. It just gave me the feeling of being overdone in the way the treated their residents. I myself like to be able to do what I want when I want and not be told it's time to do this or do that so for me that was a turn-off. They do offer transportation
The price was not as good as the one that I have moved into.

Small bathrooms!!

My mother is doing well since her move and she seems to be adjusting well. Everyone that lives there seems very happy and the personnel is wonderful. In my opinion, the bathrooms are just too small. My mother chose the facility and now she is starting to notice that it is a problem. The bathtub is very small and I would not recommend this place to anyone who's loved one needs a large bathroom. Also, there are some things on the checklist that they said they would do that they still have not. Other than that, everyone is very nice and my mother seems pretty happy so far.

Our thoughts

Dad thought the meat at this community was overcooked and dry. The rest of the food was ok, however they did not offer a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables. They did not seem to offer a lot of activities. It seemed like the costs kept going up, however the care did not. The community was clean and well taken care of.

Cedarwood at Sandy

Thank you for your comment. We welcome the opportunity to talk with you one-on-one about your and your dad’s experience. We strive to provide the highest quality of care and the best lifestyle, including our culinary experience and wide variety of activities, and are always open to suggestions. Please feel free to call me, Jesse Buntjer, Executive Director, directly at the community to discuss.

Cedarwood

Great place😊

We have no issues with this community!!

This is a good community. The staff are very accommodating, responsive and always happy. The residents are happy and friendly which speaks well of the community. They are willing to make changes and accept feedback. The food is excellent and tasteful. They offer a variety of daily activities. I would recommend this clean well taken care of community.

A nice place

We toured this community for my parents. The staff was wonderful and caring. They had alot of great activities available. The community was very clean and well taken care of. The food was good and a nice variety to choose from. I would recommend this for great care.

An Excellent Manager

The tour was given by an excellent manager. They were terrific and knowledgeable. The community seemed suitable and clean. They offered a meal to us but we were unable to stay. This was not as bright and light for my parents.

Cheerful and Bright

My mother loves it here, she is really enjoying her time here. Everybody welcomed her into the community with open arms. The staff is very helpful, the maintenance guy is very responsive and quick. She can eat whenever she wants to eat, there are no restrictions on when you can eat. They have wonderful outings they go on. This community has a very cheerful and bright atmosphere. I would recommend this community.

Cedarwood is a caring a place!

My mother-in-law moved to Atria in 2012, nearly 4 years ago. She moved into the independent side and transitioned to the assisted side in May 2015. The staff and care she receives there is fantastic in every way. We frequently eat in the dining room, because the food is delicious. Every Sunday they have an amazing buffet that includes a carving station of fresh roasted turkey and prime rib, also buffet of mashed potatoes, a couple of types of gravy, several side choices, an omelet station made to order, and waffle station. It's fabulous! Even though the facility has been sold to another company, now called Cedarwood, the transition seems to have been seamless. We believe the level of care and service will continue because of the caring staff. They make Atria/Cedarwood the loving place that it is and the reason we keep our dear mother there. She loves so many of the people there, just to name a few: Norma, Suzie, Brittany that work the desk. Theresa that wears many hats there, Bruce the maintenance guy, Lilly, Augustine, and so many many other caring people. Too many to name.
I may want to live there in my future, it's that good.

My mom loves it at Cedarwood!!!

The staff at this community is wonderful. They are always available, courteous and smiling. The food is good and they offer a brunch every Sunday. They offer numerous activities and mom likes the WII bowling. They have a doctor on site and they also have an eye doctor coming in occasionally. I would recommend this community as I want to move there.

Life at Cedarwood at Sandy

I have now been a resident for 9 days and so far I am very pleased. I have been too busy unpacking to engage in activities but hope to start next week. Food is wonderful with many choices. Waiters very friendly.

Transition from Atria Sandy to Cedarwood at Sandy

Our parents relocated to Atria Sandy about 7 1/2 years ago from their home in E. Layton, Utah. The staff is always courteous to everyone, and the Director, Ron Gardner, was a delight to work with. My mother passed away in 2012, but it was not long until my father found a companion who enjoyed his company. The Engage Life department provides many various types of games and activities that appeal to almost all Independent and Assisted Living residents. Chef Derek has a great variety on the menu daily, and if the resident wants to eat something else, then they can choose from the Anytime Café side on the menu. Care Services, the Nurses and CNA's, are super efficient with the residents, meeting their needs as needed. Housekeeping comes in weekly and washes the towels and bed sheets, then remakes the bed. They do light cleaning, but it is always clean when we go to visit Dad, daily. The Front Desk Receptionist on both sides of the building always greet you when you arrive, and even know us by name. They are the best! Recently the company Atria was sold to Kisco Co., and Atria Sandy is NKA Cedarwood at Sandy. Strictly a name change, the same individuals remain on site, but Ron Gardner has left to stay with the Atria family. A new Director is being sought after currently. Nothing will really change in regards to services. A great place for your parent or loved one to tour and perhaps join this loving community of wonderful seniors.

The transition is going well

Things are going fine. Things are going well. It seems that the transition is going well. We do not have any complaints and have not had any problems with the facility or the staff at Cedarwood. We hope things continue to go well.

Move

They assisted us in the transformation with my mother from her house to the facility and it was all top notch service and help from people that i felt cared about this as much as we did.

Katy Miller

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are committed to making the transition into our community as smooth as possible for our residents and their families. I'm so pleased that you've had a positive experience. If you'd like to share more feedback, feel free to reach out to me directly any time at [removed].

5 star

I would have to give the Atria Sandy a 10 for everything. The staff is a 10. The building a 10. The administration is a 10.

Katy Miller

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time write this review. If you'd like to share more feedback about your experience, feel free to reach out to me directly any time at [removed].

Excellent

Mom has not even moved in yet but my overall feeling is so positive I think she will be very happy here. The staff has been so helpful and friendly every time I've needed anything. Email and phone calls are answered promptly and they make you feel that no request is too much trouble.

A Clean and Classy Place

Sometimes the food took a while to be served. My loved one had to wait often. It's a little pricey, although it is a very nice facility. They seem to take a personal interest in the residents. They also worked with us financially. It has sort of a hotel atmosphere, which is nice.

going well

Things are going well at Atria Sandy. The staff are very friendly. The facility is clean. We are getting a very good value. There are plenty of activities going on there. I have no complaints about this facility.

Nice place needs better communication/activities

Atria Sandy is a nice facility, though I think a bigger variety of activities would be better, and I would like for there to be better communication between families and the people working there. Other than that, the food has been really good, and it's within walking distance from my home so it's definitely in a good location.

Katy Miller

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are always looking for ways to enhance our activities so that all residents are engaged. It\u2019s also very important that our community staff and families have open lines of communication. If you\u2019d like share more, we invite you to connect with us at [removed].

Consistently GREAT!

Remarkable community with great staff! They always make you feel right at home! They have received the Best of State award for a reason. Their food is always top notch and when you visit the community the residents are happy. I have worked in the senior care industry for quite a few years and would recommend The Atria to anyone and everyone! The are also consistent with greatness. You can see some communities change with staff changes, but The Atria remains consistently great. The administrators take extra time and care to make their community shine above so many!

Very nice place!

Things seem to be going well overall at Atria Sandy. My loved ones are settling in well. The staff are all very friendly, and it took them no time at all to get to know my loved ones and the sorts of activities and events that they enjoy. The facility itself is clean and well kept, and they just seem to do a great job overall looking after the people who live here!

Professional, friendly staff

I think they do a great job at Atria Sandy. The staff is very friendly, helpful, and professional. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they do a great job taking care of the people who live here.

We are extremely happy with this facility, the people, the food, and the care. Our mother is adjusting very well.

great experience

They do a really good job with the food. The staff has been very good and connecting my mother with other of their guests there, and making her feel right at home. It has been a very comfortable transition. We had a couple of technology issues that they took care of for us, so any time there is an issue they are right there to take care of it. It's been a great experience and I hope our relationship lasts a long time with Atria Sandy.

My mother-in-law is currently a resident at Atria. She is very happy there. And we have been very impressed with the facility and the staff. Food has been tasty and well presented any time we have dined with her. Staff is very friendly and helpful. We are all very happy that she chose Atria and would highly recommend the facility to others.

executive staff could be more friendly

They've got a really friendly staff that has been there a long time. I think their admin executive staff could be more friendly and in touch with the families.

We moved my mom in July 2014. I think...

We moved my mom in July 2014. I think the staff are doing a great job. My mother is still adapting, but this facility is a great place to be.

A Short Stay at the Atria Sandy

I found everyone I met to be not only friendly, but very willing to help in any way my Mother or I felt was needed. Atria staff went out of it's way, on more than one occasion, to make sure my Mother had what ever it was she felt she needed.

I wish she had been more motivated to get out of her room to explore what was available and make some new friends rather than to stay inside and organize her things. I think she would have very much enjoyed her stay more, felt less alone and been around longer.

And I would be able to give you a better, more comprehensive and glorious review.

I liked the variety of serv...

I liked the variety of services offered and available activities for residents. Apts are small - but kitchenette includes stove/oven. Drawback - many apts face out onto a major intersection or busy streets.

Looked Good

It looked good. They didn't have as immediate opportunity as other communities we were looking at. They were probably not quite as nice - the room wasn't quite as nice and new although it did have some good points to it. They were actually very interesting but they weren't as available as soon as we needed.

Older Building and Pushy Director

The director was a little pushy. She kind of implied bad things about MBK that owns The Wellington, which I wasn't impressed with.

It was an older building and we saw it last so maybe we were a little burnt out. You know, after a while you see so many places that you just say "no more!" It just was older and not impressive to us.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your review and I’m very sorry for your negative experience with our director. We will address this as we want to ensure that we are presenting all options fairly to those who visit us. Our residents seem to be very pleased with our services and with the level of engagement that we offer (over 200 events and activities each month). If we can answer any questions or you would like to speak with any of our residents, please contact us at [removed] and include the Atria community name in your subject line. We hope to see you again soon!

Nice facility. Independent living an...

Nice facility. Independent living and asssisted living are separate but can combine. Liked the wall of vets and all the amenities. Meals not regimented.

Great place.

Great place.

I like this option, I will be taking ...

I like this option, I will be taking my time to make up my mind. I will keep this option on my list of final option.

This is a beautiful facility. I was ...

This is a beautiful facility. I was very impressed. The Director gave me a great tour. It is a little more expensive but has everything we could want. Good location.

VERY clean, beautiful grounds, nice r...

VERY clean, beautiful grounds, nice rooms w/ full kitchens, large laundry area, LOTS of variety of activities, food okay, served on demand. Lots of residents (a bit more than she likes). A bit more than she would like to pay ($2900 for 1 bdrm, $3500 for 2 bdrm).

About Sandy, Utah

Sandy is the sixth-largest city in Utah, with a population of just under 90,000. Roughly 9 percent of the population is over 65, and there are at least six senior communities in the local area. As for weather, expect to deal with highs in the low 90s during July, which drop down to the mid-30s come winter. You'll deal with snow from November to March. The city has a walkability score of 13, which means you will definitely require transportation. Currently, the city has several plans in place to improve the walkability of the city's core.

Transportation

If you're living in Sandy, Utah, there's a good chance you'll need a car or public transit to get around.

- Bus Service: The Utah Transit Authority operates the bus system in Sandy, which consists of over 100 bus routes to Sandy and neighboring communities.
- Light Rail: Sandy's light rail service, known as TRAX, provides access to all of the cities in Salt Lake County. In fact, TRAX runs directly from Downtown Salt Lake City to Sandy City.
- Taxi and Shuttle Services: If you need to get somewhere and can't wait for the train or bus, you can schedule a pickup with one of the local taxi and shuttle services, which include Yellow Cab, Xpress Shuttle, and Canyon Transportation.

Health and Safety

The Intermountain Alta View Hospital, which is just on the edge of Sandy City's boundaries, is the closest hospital to the Cedarwood community. The overall crime rate in Sandy is 23 percent higher than the national average, though the vast majority of that is property-related crime.

Sports and Leisure

- Sandy City is big on health and the outdoors, with special events that include a 5k run and Fresh Air Day.
- Golf: Head down to River Oaks Golf for an affordable time on the fairways. Rent some clubs and take on 18 holes, or just warm up at the driving range during the summer.
- Dance and Exercise: The Sandy Seniors Center keeps you moving. Try dance, yoga, or tennis, or just go for a relaxing walk with some new friends.

Shopping and Entertainment

If you'd rather go shopping than be outdoors, you'll find plenty of opportunities in Sandy City. Buy some new clothes, pick up some groceries, or check out the local businesses!

- The Shops at South Town: Situated along I-15 and State Street, The Shops at South Town is the largest shopping area in Utah. Between the four anchor tenants, the 150 boutique stores, and a variety of restaurants, you can find everything you need in one short trip.

- Groceries: Ream's Food Stores, a short drive to the north of Cedarwood, is the most popular grocery shopping destination for residents. A CVS Pharmacy is located a bit to the south.

- Restaurants: While you need transportation to get to any nearby restaurants, you're sure to find something that feeds your craving. Head west down 10600 S to find roadhouse BBQ, curry, Mexican, and even Hawaiian.

- Amphitheater: The Sandy Amphitheater is a beautiful open air venue, perfect for taking in plays and concerts on a warm summer evening.

- Library: If you're into books, the Sandy City Public Library is only a short bus trip away. Grab an old classic, and curl up on your couch during a snowy afternoon.

- Community Events: Sandy takes pride in its community, which is why you'll find many events that are a delight to attend. From the Movie in the Park to the Balloon Festival to the Fourth of July Fireworks and the Heritage Festival, there's always something to do in Sandy.

Religious Facilities

While Sandy is open to all faiths, the nearest religious institution is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.