Arbor Terrace at East Cobb - Marietta, GA

Nice Tour of This Facility

This a nice community, and I had a pleasant tour of it. Everyone was kind to my family, and I. The staff we met was nice, and helpful. The community appeared to be well-kept. The experience was a good one, but I did find a better match for my mother, and her needs.

A good community!

The staff at this community are very nice and attentive. There is always someone there for assistance. The food is good and they keep the community clean. They offer daily activities. You need a code to go out of the community and I feel mom is safe at this community.

My Tour of This Community Was a Pretty Good One

I toured this community for my mother and her needs. The community was nice. Everything that I saw looked well maintained and clean. The staff that I came across was kind and courteous. They were informative and answered my questions. There were many factors that played into where to move my mother too. We found a community that suited our needs better, but this is a fine community.

The staff answered all of our questions. They are offering serious dementia care in their memory care unit. There were some concerns during the assessment and they did not accept our Mom as a resident. (September 2016)

Nice Friendly Staff

My tour of this community was a nice one, but the community was a little to dark looking for us. I don't know if it was the decor or that there wasn't much light. The staff was nice and kind. They were informative and answered my questions. They were great follow up's and making sure we were okay. It just wasn't the community for my mother in law and her needs.

They need more engaging activities for the residents. Valuable administrative staff.

Very satisfied

I don't have a lot of time right now but I will say I was very satisfied over all. It was very good. My mother was very pleased.

Review of Arbor Terrace at East Cobb Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Marietta, GA

Love this place! ONE SPOT IN BRIDGES COMMUNITY which has locks/code on floor- short term stays welcome though not in his case probably! have extensive knowledge of dementia (great EMORY docotrs who visit)- partnership with Emory Center for Health in Aging!, evergreen program proactive memory care-Alzheimer's support group-individual plan of action specialy trained dementia care- 20 memory care and 69 assistant living (89 total) can opt for ground food (no choking!)in a dining room. near olde towne tennis club Great web site. looks like a lot of FINANCIAL ADVICE fo selling home etc.., looks like medication care is a monthly fixed bill (think this is better than a one by one basis) also for free: senior relocation help regarding selling your home. advice on tax deductable stuff... 'Bridges' is for in between dementia and assisted living ; decatur one would have more possible opennings in dementia/memory care then we could transfer him to east cobb when spot in dementia care becomes available . Possibilty that he could be in 'bridges program' and do day programming with 'Evergreen'....if nurses thought this could work. Seems with medication, food and good care - dad would be great here.

Didn't like the feel of this one

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. Overall I just was not impressed with this one. It had a much more institutional, clinical feel to it. It felt less like a home and more like a dorm. I just didn't feel like my loved ones would have been comfortable here.

Great staff, lots of individual care

We're very pleased with this place, and we feel like they're doing a great job here! It's a very nice looking community, and the staff are all very friendly. We like that it is a smaller place, we feel like our loved one is getting more individual attention here than she would at some of the bigger places we saw. Every time we walk out of here we feel comfortable knowing that our loved one is in a safe place where she can be happy.

Seemed Okay

Their program, I think, was the best. I didn't care for the physical layout and the proximity to my house was not as good as another community we looked at. I only visited, but it seemed okay.

This site is 15 minutes from my home....

This site is 15 minutes from my home. It was renovated last November. They have 90 residents -20 memory care and 69 assistant living (89 total. They have a full monthly calendar of activities. They have several doctors who come to the facility on a regular basis. They are from Emory Hospital which is an excellent Hospital. They also will take you to your doctor on Wednesday or Thursday mornings. Assigned seating for meals. Meals are restaurant style. They have on site therapy. There is a $2,500 community fee. They have a small studio but it has a common are where you share the kitchen with a neighbor. The small studio was $2,595. The studio is $3,195. Medication management is $350/month and level one care is $450/month. Cable is included but not phone.

Beautiful, nice people, pricey

Beautiful, nice people, pricey

Nice facility. #2 out of the 3 I've s...

Nice facility. #2 out of the 3 I've seen. Staff was awesome and gave me a lot of information on dementia.

Really liked this one. The 1-bedroom...

Really liked this one. The 1-bedroom floor plan is the right size for him to make the transition from a home. I also like all of the activities they have available - especially the "men's club".

looks larger, more resort-like. Close...

looks larger, more resort-like. Close to their old neighborhood

Looks like this one will be her favor...

Looks like this one will be her favorite (actually the only one we could get her to visit) We are working on the necessary info, and hope to complete it very soon. Thanks

Companion suites are very nice.

Companion suites are very nice.

Very Nice place beautiful green space...

Very Nice place beautiful green space and rooms were a good size and clean. Only down side is that that section of Johnson's Ferry is very congested during rush hour so will have to plan visits accordingly. Staff was quite friendly and very knowledgeable. It is in the top 4 of my picks.

Arbor Terrace offers gracious hospitality in a comfortable and elegant atmosphere. The community features a lovely courtyard and spacious porches that have become enjoyable meeting places for residents. The quaint and relaxed common areas encourage a feeling of true comfort.

Our community provides many common areas and a variety of private or semi-private apartment selections. Arbor Terrace has a well-appointed dining room, activity center, living room, salon and more all for resident enjoyment. Whether inside or out, all of these beautiful areas provide ample space to walk, enjoy socialization, or private time.

Arbor Terrace provides superior value for residents and their families. Our commitment to the well-being of our residents is reflected in the range of services offered in our standard monthly fee. These include weekly housekeeping and linen services, restaurant-style dining and a diverse activity program. Residents are offered supervision with their activities of daily living—encouraging independence and promoting dignity. When needed, we also offer an enhanced program providing additional services and care on individual and personal bases.

Arbor Terrace also offers a separate, friendly and secure residence specifically designed for those who live with Alzheimer’s disease or related memory impairments. All services are personalized for each resident and are provided by associates specifically trained to work with those who have memory loss.

In addition to the assisted living services, our well-trained and caring memory care staff implements various activities throughout the day to stimulate communication, socialization and function. Each day we offer an all encompassing activities program, including exercises to enhance the mind and body.

Please contact us today, schedule a tour, join us for lunch, or all of the above. You are always welcome!

City info

Marietta, Georgia, part of the Atlanta metropolitan area, is home to more than 56,000 residents. Its temperate climate, easy access to public transportation, excellent park system and abundant services and housing for older residents make it an ideal choice for seniors.

- Walkability score - Although Marietta has a below average walkability score of 35, it does have several neighborhoods, such as Oakton, with many services and shops within a short walk of housing.
- Median age in Marietta - The median age of Marietta residents is 30, with 8.3 percent of the residents being 65 years or older.
- Number of senior housing facilities in Marietta - There are more than 400 senior living facilities in Marietta.
- Average weather - Marietta is known for its hot, humid summers and cool, dry winters. The average high temperature is 52 degrees Fahrenheit in January and 89 in July.
- Veterans facilities in Marietta - There is a Department of Veterans Services office in Marietta as well as Marietta Vet Center.

Transportation

Marietta has an excellent public transportation system, with plentiful buses and trains that connect various parts of the city as well as connect Marietta to Baltimore, Washington, and other area cities.

- Buses - Cobb Community Transit and Xpress GA provide public bus service between Marietta and points within Cobb County and nearby Atlanta.
- Taxis - Three taxi companies--Victory Cab Company, Apple Taxi and Marietta Taxi Company--serve Marietta residents.
- Ride Shares - Uber and Lyft are both active in the Marietta area.

Health and Safety

A relatively low crime rate and easy access to quality medical facilities give Marietta seniors a sense of security.

- Marietta hospitals - Wellstar Kennestone Hospital is located in Marietta. In addition, world-renowned medical facilities, such as Wellstar Altanta Medical Center and Atlanta Children's Hospital are just a short drive away.

Sports and leisure

Marietta residents have a choice of numerous activities and fitness complexes to help keep them active.

- Nearby golf courses - The greater Atlanta area has scores of excellent public and private golf courses. There are several courses within the Marietta city limits--Brookfield Country Club and Fox Creek Golf Club.

- Nearby tennis courts - Fair Oaks Tennis Center is one of more than a dozen places that offer tennis facilities in Marietta.

- Senior-friendly fitness centers in Marietta - Marietta has more than 50 fitness centers, the majority of which offer senior-friendly, low-impact exercise options.

Shopping and entertainment

Marietta residents need never be bored. There are plenty of things to see and do within a short walk or drive.

- Marietta attractions - Marietta attractions include Six Flags White Water, the Kennesaw National Battlefield and the Gone with the Wind Museum.
- Marietta grocery stores - Marietta is home to more than 20 grocery stores and markets, including Kroger, Whole Foods Market and Aldi's. There are also a number of ethnic markets.
- Marietta clothing stores - Marietta offers several clothiers, ranging from Citi Trends to Stein Mart.
- Libraries - East Marietta Libary is one of four branch libraries located within the Mariett city limits.
- Luby's in Marietta - There is one Luby's location on WIndy Hill Rd. in Marietta.
- Other Marietta restaurants - In addition, Marietta is home to a myriad of restaurants, offering everything from classic American cuisine to Mexican food to Thai cuisine.
- Movie theaters - Marietta is home to three movie theaters, including GTC Merchants Walk 12 Cinema with its stadium seating.

Religious facilities

The majority of religious denominations are represented in Marietta.

- Churches in Marietta - There are 20 churches in Marietta, including the First Baptist Church, First Presbyterian Church and First United Methodist Church.