Morningside of Belmont - Nashville, TN

The facility was ok/very diverse and seemed to have good social setting, but the sales approach was not to my liking. I think there was too much focus on my mom being a liability versus just touring the facility and selling it. Seemed to me they had too many residents and too few staff. The rooms were older style and price was more than other newer facilities.

Five Star Reviews

I am the Executive Director and I am sincerely interested in your comments. Our goal is to provide a warm and inviting residence and I am sorry you did not feel that during your recent visit. To reassure you of our care and hospitality I would be delighted to answer any questions you may still have as well as connect you with residents and family members who can tell you about their experience at our community. Please contact me at the community and we wish you the best as you look at senior living options.

Check it out

This community looked nice and well taken care of when we toured it. This community offers rehabilitation services and respite stays. They offer restaurant style dining and a range of social activities. They have an in house beauty salon as well as an activity room.

6 Months and Very Happy

My mother moved to Mornigside of Belmont six months ago. She was spending far too much time alone, and we were professionally counseled that she needed socialization. We were all apprehensive at first, but now she says “this really feels like home, I’m so glad to be here”. Nothing thrills our hearts more.

The staff is wonderful... friendly, attentive and kind.

My mother in law was a good cook and really enjoys the meals… there is always much to choose from on the menu. We enjoy the food too.

The activity calendar is full of good stuff, art, creative writing, exercise, book club, outings to restaurants & shopping, and plenty of music activities from Nashville artists, Belmont University students and resident sing-a-longs.

Belmont University campus borders Mornigside’s parking lot and is a beautiful walk through rose gardens, fountains, and another peaceful environment.

[Removed]

An Early Experience

My dad is eating well and living in a clean community. It is a little early to join but the community offers activities for everyone. He is on the 5th floor and has a nice room with a sun room. The bathrooms come with hand rails. It has been a good experience. My issue is calling the staff to make sure they do as they say. I also don't like the assigned seats in the dining room. It does not lead to meeting new people.

There is black mold growing in the building.

Five Star Reviews

Thank you so much, we really appreciate your input. We would need to know what prompted you to leave such comment, and ask of you to provide more details, if you are willing please give us a call on our GOLD Service Line and provide us with the specifics of the situation: [removed].

My parents live @ Morningside of Belmont and I could not be more disappointed about their living conditions this past year. The restaurant and kitchen service are beyond poor. Several management changes in the restaurant during the year, cook and servers not showing up for work, food is not good. Director left, after a few months, a new director is on the premises, activity director was fired. The kitchen sink in my parents apartment has been stopped up on various occasions, and this last week being reported every day, no one has addressed this issue. There is black mess backing up in the sink and the faucet leaks. Attempted to turn the water off, but turn off valves under the sink would not turn. During this past week end a bathroom ceiling tile, saturated with water fell and barely missed my dad in the bathroom. The maintenance person came in and stuffed the wet tile back in the ceiling and put a piece of plastic underneath it. I would definitely not place my parents here if I had it to do over .There are other issues also,

Five Star Reviews

Thank you for your input. The Morningside of Belmont and all other Five Star Senior Living communities strive to deliver the highest quality of care to our residents and hold our staff only to the highest standards of hospitality and service. In order to accommodate the growing needs of our residents, our communities periodically undergo renovations and updates. We also strive to provide an exceptional culinary experience that gives our residents options – from decadent comfort food to healthy choices. We take great pride in our dinning staff and the menus offered, if the service has not been meeting your expectations, please reach out to our Food and Dinning Director directly at the community and voice your suggestions at [removed], or you can always call our toll-free GOLD Customer Service line and we will ensure your concerns are heard: [removed].

Going downhill faster than a mudslide

This place is going downhill quicker than a mudslide. My mother lives in the community and it has taken a drastic turn. My mother is very upset with the changes that are occurring. My mother loves all of the activities and all the staff, but for some reason she has been told that they are no longer going to have activities on the weekend. She said that on the weekends the building turns into a ghost town and that the managers are no longer coming to the building on the weekends. My mother is also upset because she says that the caregivers are being made to work in the dining room and she is a little grossed out that someone who has just changed a depend is serving her food. She told me all the servers are there as well so she cannot figure out what is going on. Apparently there has been some change in the management and it is not for the good. My mother told me there was a number called the gold star line that residents could call, but when I went to the corporate website I could not find it. My mother being upset and calling me crying is breaking my heart especially since I live out of town. I hope that things improve, or I will have no choice except to move my mother out. It is a shame since my mother really like the few staff she sees like Monica, Suzanne, Shirley, Kristen, Tres, Adam.

Five Star Reviews

Thank you for your input; we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Morningside of Belmont and all other Five Star Senior Living communities strive to deliver quality care to our residents and hold our staff only to the highest standards of hospitality and service. We operate under strict industry standards and often times exceed these regulations, including patient to staff ratio, food safety and workplace safety. Moreover, Morningside of Belmont continues to offer a wide variety of activities and programs designed to encourage spiritual, mental and physical well-being of our residents. We encourage you to reach out to our Lifestyle360 director at the community and visit our web site to learn more about the program: [removed]
Please contact the Executive Director at the community or call our Gold Star Service line [removed] and provide us with more details so we can respond to your concerns accordingly.

Friendly, helpful staff!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out with Morningside of Belmont. It's a nice looking, clean place, and they take good care of the residents. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful, and they've been very easy to work with throughout this whole process!

Things I am Thankful for.

My mother is has lived at Morningside of Belmont for several years and we are very happy with her care. They really spoil my Mom at Morningside. The staff is great and I know that they have my Mom's best interest at heart. There are little things that they do everyday that are above and beyond. This Thanksgiving I ate lunch with my Mom and enjoyed a full Thanksgiving meal that I did not have to prepare and it was great! My mom sometimes has a sweet tooth and if she can not sleep the nurse who is on will either get her some ice cream or will get snacks out of the nurses office that they always have available to all residents. On Thanksgiving after lunch I took mom out of the community for a while. When I returned with my Mom if was after dinner and I found that the staff had put a full meal in my mom's fridge so she did not miss dinner. It is the little things like this that make me know how much they care.

Thanksgiving day

It is thanksgiving day and residents were supposed to be given a boxed meal delivered to their room. Not so bad except they ran out of boxed lunches so some residents did not get a meal. Feeding these residents is not an option. Not sure if all of management is aware of this since they all took off today. I hope they are as heartsick as I am when they find some people went hungry on this day of thanks.

pleased overall

At Morningside of Belmont I am not sure how much individual attention they give new residents. My dad is shy. Part of it is communication since I am at work during the day and my dads memory is impaired. So I'm not sure if they are giving him that attention and I just don't know. Overall I have been satisfied. He has gotten good treatment. Getting dad adjusted has just been difficult. He had several adjustments all at once. His wife died near the time he moved here and moved from out of state. So the first few weeks were hard. I have seen an improvement here recently though. If he would just talk to people that would help. He waits for people to talk to him because he is shy. The staff here have been very responsive any time we need anything. They take care of things in a timely manner. So far I have been pleased overall.

price is definitely something we are debating

They are real friendly at Morningside of Belmont. My brother really likes it there. The price is definitely something we are debating right now. Every month they are adding and adding to it. It was higher than we thought it would be. The overall experience has been good but we may be looking for a different facility due to the price.

I looked at several places, this was the only one close to us, my brother really likes it there. there friendly , he has help when he needs it...,..so far so good...........

They offer a great deal of value for meeting my mother's needs.

It's a beautiful facility. They offer a great deal of value for meeting my mother's needs. I just have concerns on having to prompt the staff to keep up with her bath schedule and the timing on her personal care. All of the personal care she received has been excellent, it's just the matter of keeping up with the schedule. Everything else has been good. The food is good as well. I would recommend the Morningside of Belmont.

Pretty Friendly

When they are asking for stuff they are pretty quick. The front desk is pretty friendly. Overall rating is very good. The dining room was good and there is plenty of food and whenever you want some they are available.

Very friendly staff.

The main thing is the staff and how friendly there are. They call my mother by her first name. They treat her with respect. The Morningside of Belmont is a nice place to have a meal with my mother. I would definitely recommend this place. They do a very good job and I think it's a value for what you pay. This is a really nice community for a great value. Everything has been going very good. It's a nice place.

Where life happens!!!!

I have a friend who lives in this community. I am always impressed by the staff and how friendly they are to all of the residents. The community is clean and feels warm. I know since I get invited to events with my friend that their is always something exciting going on. In fact one of their last events was a dance party and they had volunteers from Belmont University who came and danced the night away with the residents. I like the extra touches that I see that shows how interested they are in their residents. In February they had pictures of their residents with their spouses displayed all over the lobby. It is a small detail, but I know my friend loved it and loved getting to share their story with other residents. This is a community that is full of life and with a large group of people who are still interested in living it!

A Terrific Adjustment for Mom

Our family has been very impressed with the care and friendliness of the staff to be sure that Mom is settled in and comfortable. She loves the daily exercise classes, and the meals are quite nutritious and great tasting. She is very happy there. After coming from her single dwelling place and living alone in the place she had lived in for years, she is adjusting very well and enjoys very much meeting the people there and being involved in so many activities. She has become a real social butterfly that we had hoped she would be! Also, it was so good that she moved in before all the ice and snow! We would have worried constantly about her going to her mailbox and setting out her garbage on the icy sidewalks in front of her old house!

Larger urban community. A single aide can be responsible for up to two full floors of residents. Very little outdoor space. Likely great for folks interested in staying involved in the community - location is fabulous. Felt very corporate - lots of talk about policies and whether my mom would be appropriate for the community. Little discussion about how the community might be a fit for her. At one point, even mentioned protocol if the resident 'expired' when discussing fees and cleaning of the apartment.

Five Star Reviews

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are proud of being part of the Five Star family. Although we do review our policies with our new residents when they sign the contract, the topics and presentation of information mentioned in this review are far from the way our staff handle such situations. If asked directly during a tour or during an assessment about hospice, death and dying policies, additional housekeeping costs, etc… we do inform the inquirer with accurate and honest information in a compassionate and helpful manner. The exchange of information back and forth with a potential new resident or their family is to help determine how our Community can best assist the new resident. If during the discovery process we determine that our community is not able to meet the needs of a potential new resident, our staff work to aid the family in finding an appropriate location for their loved one. The care, well being and safety of the resident are the highest priority.
Our care is individualized, and our staff assigned as needed, to manage the needs of all of our residents appropriately. While we do not place two floors of residents per care giver; we would provide information on what type of care and assistance a new resident could expect from us and give specific ways in which our community could aid them based on the nurse’s assessment of their needs.
We also are in an urban area, which is conveniently located near many shopping and entertainment opportunities, as well as, several hospitals and doctors’ offices. Our residents enjoy our serine patio area as well as our location next to the quiet green of Belmont University’s Quad. Inside the community each department works to find ways to enrich our residents’ day to day lives. The staff greet residents and visitors with a smile. Our lobby and dining room afford a bright and cheerful environment for visiting, dining, activities and our live musical entertainment. We are host each week to may friends and family members who thoroughly enjoy our dining and cheerful common areas, as well as, their relationships with our friendly staff. I would love to meet with you in person and address your concerns with the care and attention that they deserve. Warm Regards, Amber Scarborough, Executive Director.

I love this place!

What a great place Morningside of Belmont is! From the time we walked in it felt like home. The staff is welcoming and friendly and they truly take AWESOME care of my parents. It has been a good fit financially as well. I feel so good knowing my parents are safe and well cared for.

Not one of our favorites

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one. We saw quite a few communities and this one was not among our favorites. The interior felt dark and stuffy, and it was located in a busier area of town that we would have liked.

very good experience

It has been a very good experience with Morningside of Belmont.

Amber, Mary, Kim, Cathy, and all their other employees have been simply great.

Morningside provides good care with a friendly attitude.

The staff at Morningside have taken good care of my mother. She has suffered from moderate memory loss for a few years, but she is content at Morningside and enjoys the activities that happen every day.

The staff is friendly and helpful. There have not been any problems with her care. The technitians are very attentive to the needs of the residents.

Very glad dad lives at Morningside

I go to see my dad every day. Visiting as often as possible and making sure the apartment is clean and in order is so important, not only for the obvious benefit to your loved one, but, also to show the staff that you care. This will make them care more. Also, it's always helpful when the advocate/family member is friendly and known to the staff of the A. L. This makes communication of any problem that comes up easier and faster and the staff is more likely to make an extra effort to help.
The staff at Morningside have been very kind to my dad and myself. The social director there is a doll and really cares. It's a nice, lively place. The nursing staff is good - as are the caretakers. Sometimes, they could have more caretakers present, but I find this is a common occurance in AL's. The food is ok. The receptionists are very helpful and friendly and know all of the population by name. I can't speak for the care of someone who has more advanced dementia than my dad. This would have to be researched if that's your situation. I'm thoroughly glad that my dad is at Morningside.

Urban feel to this facility...

Urban feel to this facility. Lots of activity when we were there with residents coming and going. Not quite as cozy and homey as others and outside views limited due to city buildings surrounding. BBB rating A+

A very caring atmosphere within all s...

A very caring atmosphere within all services the community offers. They make every effort to fulfill the needs of the residents in a very timely manner. Housekeeping is excellent. Meals are very good offering variety and healthy choices. The community provides a variety of fun and interesting activities with a number of field trips during the week. The community has excellent nurses on duty 24 hours, residents can make an appointment with a doctor that visits once a week and there are physical therapists available on the premises. Be sure to visit this community before you make a decision.

Good Community

The staff is really friendly and the community is very clean and well maintained. The location makes it very convenient for our family to visit. The price was a good value for the services they offer. We are happy with Morningside of Belmont and would recommend it to anyone.

Larger rooms at a lower price than mo...

Larger rooms at a lower price than most;8 stories with slow elevators; older place & the patients looked depressed; poor parking; worksheet provided to show assessment of extra help needed

I visited this place by myself and li...

I visited this place by myself and liked all it had to offer.

At Morningside of Belmont, our Independent and Assisted Living residents live, work and play together. This means that as your needs change, you will never need to change apartments. Our assisted living apartments are certified by the state of Tennessee, to provide assisted living care, if needed.

You will enjoy the freedom to choose the lifestyle options that best meet your needs. Whether attending one of our various religious services, exercising with friends, or enjoying a performance at Belmont University, activities large and small abound at Morningside of Belmont.

Should you ever need a bit more assistance, you can choose from our variety of assisted living services, delivered in the privacy of your own apartment. At Morningside of Belmont, assisted living is not just a program, it is a philosophy of caring that helps residents to grow and thrive. Our daily services can include assistance with personal care and medications, escorts to meals and activities, frequent checks throughout the night, a personal response pendant monitoring system, along with routine assessments to keep our residents well and their families informed.

Located in historic Belmont and Hillsboro Village, Morningside of Belmont is conveniently located close to four of Nashville's largest hospitals.