Wellington Place - Brentwood, TN

review of Wellington Place in Brentwood, TN.

I was a resident of Wellington Place in 2015 for 3 - 4 months following a traumatic brain injury. Wellington Place was picked for me because it was the most affordable facility in the area. You get what you pay for. The administrator, whose name I can't remember, is a nurse from another country. The owner is an M.D. from the same country as the nurse, who is also the administrators husband. The facility looks great on the outside. It looks like every other building in Maryland Farms. Inside, what a dump. It is an old, renovated motel. Care is a joke, meals are a joke, most everything was sub par. It is advertised as having an indoor pool. It does. It is a filthy, unkempt, blocked off eyesore. No one has been in in in years, and with good reason. I am grateful that I had a place to go until I was able to return home. This is not a top notch facility by any stretch of the imagination.

Thankful

Safety, caring and very capable staff, great food and very clean. We are so please with all aspects of Wellington Place.

A hidden gem

Wellington is not the fanciest place you will find, but it is clean, bright and the staff is well tenured and very caring. The smaller size complex allows for them to know the specific needs of each resident. We moved Mom there a month or so ago and she is very happy and has adjusted well. It is also very reasonably priced for assisted living.

We would have never found it without help from our A Place for Mom adviser, Liz, who was extremely patient and knowledgeable. We are very pleased we found her and Wellington Place.

Mother is happy as a lark, and is happier than she has been in years

We are pretty satisfied with Wellington Place. It's like anything else, you have to learn what the system is and what's going on. We have had an issue with the administration of medication, but I think most of that was communication, and it seems to be worked out now. I have seen them cleaning apartments, but it appears they haven't been in there in a while. Mother is happy as a lark, and is happier than she has been in years. It's very nice, we liked the cleanliness when we toured, and it's so well lit, it's just wonderful. We liked the size of it as well, it's small, and they are able to have more time with the residents. Overall I give them A+, and anytime we call they are right on top of it.

Very friendly and compassionate staff

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one. The person we spoke with seemed very knowledgeable and compassionate, and we liked that the residents here seemed active and engaged. They had an impressive activity schedule and it seemed like a lot of resident participation. The rooms seemed a little small for the price.

mom is better off there

When i took mom in there, the director was very careful to listen carefully to everything I was telling her about my mother. She did an excellent job assisting in how to best work with mom. In spite of what my mother says, she is doing better at Wellington Place than before. The staff is very willing to work with my mother and try to reach her where she's at.

Wellington Place went out of their to make my mother feel welcome. Care was taken to get her room just right before she moved in

Wellington Place

They've done a really excellent excellent job here. I have nothing but great regard, thoughts, and feelings towards every aspect of this community. They really seemed to understand their residents and had the knowledge to care for them, as well as a really great program to help put it all into place.

Wellington Place

They were very, very nice. They were comparable to the community we ended up with. Wellington didn't have any openings available when we needed them. They did seem very good though.

Great Place!

I honestly have no complaints at all! It's really been a great experience. The food is always a complaint. Our loved one misses our home cooking. Other than that, everything else has been great! He receives great care, and he's very happy here! No complaints whatsoever.

Wellington Place

Wellington Place is a caring and helpful assisted living home. The staff and administration are knowledgeable and more than willing to assist in providing a warm and comfortable
home. Our experience involved moving our Mother from out of state to Wellington Place.
The transition meant changing my Mother's whole life as she had known it since she was a child. The transition for her could not have been more pleasant or easier. Within three days she was engaging in the community and with the staff. The staff has embraced her and made her feel welcome and a part of the community. The administration is excellent in assisting and taking the lead in coordinating health care from recommending physicians in the health network to coordinating drug store delivery. This is such a blessing to have someone walk through all the steps it takes to move into assisted living and especially moving from another state.

I brought my Mother here so I could be more involved in her daily life and monitor her health
situation. Anne has provided a comfort level for me to discuss issues I think need to be addressed regarding Mothers health providing insightful observations to problems I think
could become bigger issues if not addressed. Her counsel is a blessing to me which in turn is a blessing for my Mother. Anne is a caring, loving and devoted lady who takes a personal interest each of her residents. She has provided my family excellent counsel to make the move the best experience possible for our Mother.

Wellington Place is providing the kind of home I want my Mother to be living in at this stage of her life. The staff is energetic and always cheerful with the residents. Having a staff that cares for the residents with kind words and a cheerful smile helps to brighten the residents day. This is an accomplishment to be proud of and an important benefit when choosing a home for loved ones.

Wellington Place is providing a home for my Mother where she is cared for and treated
with dignity. I am more than pleased with our choice and would recommend
this facility to any of my friends looking for an assisted living home for one or both of their parents.

Would use it again

We chose Wellington Place because it was recommended by A Place for Mom, when we went to visit it we just liked it so much we stopped looking and made our choice. The food here is excellent. It has a beautiful setting with a courtyard; the property is very well kept. We are very happy with it and we would choose it again.

smaller rooms NO charge for meds disp...

smaller rooms NO charge for meds disp; neck push button for help; fairly long walk past pool to dining area; 2 stories so possible elevator ride plus walk; add'l services like bathing; not corp owned; encouraged spiritual growth;

Not as comfortable a setting as would...

Not as comfortable a setting as would prefer, although Director was very gracious and offered a good tour.