Elmcroft of Brentwood - Nashville, TN

So far so good!

We just placed my mom there and I couldn’t be happier. We toured around 5 other places and I just appreciated their honesty. It took my mom awhile to adjust and she still is but the activities have been lifesaving for her. She moved out of state not knowing anyone but us and they have been terrific working with her. She takes part in the activities. They have a choir and a theatre group. It was something many of the other places didn’t seem to have. We will see how mom continues to adjust, but so far so great for now.

Great place! Activities going on, whole facility is secure. Hydration ongoing, 3 dietary references, therapy available. [name removed] the ED is terrific! Place is clean, direct care staff introducing themselves and working well w/residents--many staff there multiple yrs.

Respite Is Here

Everything was fine when we used the community for respite. We needed something current and available for my mother-in-law. She enjoyed the experience and they had lots of activities that she participated in.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you had a positive experience with us.

No problems here

The food at this community is good and they offer a variety of choices. They offer a lot of daily activities. The grounds are well maintained and the community is kept clean. The staff are friendly and helpful. Mom is pleased with this community and I would recommend it.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind words! We work very hard to create the best environment possible for our residents!

Very Good Meals

The community experience is going well. She is enjoying the meals. The staff do communicating any difficulties but we have had no problems this far.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your positive review! We are so glad to hear that your experiences have been pleasant. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Staff is too small to adequately cover the services. Price of service is high and price of TV is too high. Existing staff is very good and caring.

Megan Strothman

Thanks for your feedback, Charles. Unfortunately, the TV charges are separate from us and you have to go through your local cable company. We are glad to hear your experiences have been pleasant!

Staff is wonderful!!

I am pleased with everything this place has done for my mother and I appreciate the staff very much. They have gone above and beyond to help her get comfortable in her living environment. Overall we have no complaints and would defiantly recommend this place to anyone.

Megan Strothman

Thanks for the compliment! We are glad that you chose to share your experience.

Very nice property. Love the fact that it is on one floor. Memory care on site is also a plus. Very clean and friendly staff with low turnover.

Bad feeling and very smelly!

I did not like this community at all. From the first step in the building I felt very uncomfortable. The smell of urine is awful and they tried to mask it with plug ins, but that just made it work. The memory care department made me even more nervous to leave my dad there. When I walked in I felt a really bad vibe.

A Great Community

This is a great community, it was one of my top choice to move my father to. Unfortunately they did not have any space available at the time we toured. The community is very nice and clean. The staff was pleasant and welcoming. They were very informative as well. It was a nice experience.

Things Are Good

The communication with them is sometimes an issue. I pass a message and I do not always feel like it gets to who I want to. Aside from that everyone's intentions seem to be pretty good, the security is good, so I have no complaints.

No complaints

Things are going well at Elmcroft and I have no complaints with the staff or facility so far.

Excellent To Work With

All of the staff members at the Elmcroft of Brentwood have just been excellent to work with. I have no complaints at all about the facility. I have to give them a five - star rating overall for the facility.

Very nice looking place!

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Elmcroft of Brentwood seemed like a very nice place overall. It was clean, and the staff seemed friendly and professional. We ended up choosing somewhere closer to family, but this place was definitely somewhere we would consider for our loved one.

very friendly and understanding

Overall it has been a pretty decent experience with Elmcroft of Brentwood. The communication is good. Any time there is an issue or anything that we feel could be done better or differently, they are attentive and quick to respond and accommodate as best they can. They are very friendly and understanding.

Nice place, just wrong fit.

I liked the way the staff interacted more with the residents, and the employees all wore smiles. The natural light and the courtyard make the place look bright and welcoming. I liked that everything was clean and that even the smallest studio was cute. I thought the activities were definitely geared toward an older crowd. "Cokes & Jokes", watching "The Andy Griffith Show." There isn't a book club, and that was high on our list, some more intellectually stimulating activities. There was also not an activity room or gym. I just didn't feel it was a good fit for my loved ones personality.

Very friendly staff!

We've had a great experience with Elmcroft of Brentwood so far. It's a very nice looking community, and the staff have all been very friendly and professional. Even the the residents of the community will tell you how kind the staff are! They do a great job encouraging the residents to participate in their activities, or at least come out and socialize if they aren't going to participate. My loved one has also told us that the food is very good!

Not for Us

It was OK, the advantage of Elmcroft was that it was across the street from my son's office. We decided to leave her in Charleston, but I don't think we would have moved her in anyway. I don't know why, I can't put my finger on what it is, just a feeling you get when you go into a place that wasn't right.

Constant Reminders are Necessary

You really have to stay on top of things to get things done. It doesn't come automatically. You have to constantly remind them to do things. My mother doesn't participate but they're are activities available to the residents. The food is not on the level that we wish it was. It's not someplace we would like to eat. There have also been some mix ups with medicine that shouldn't have happened. It's close to my brother and he wanted it close to him.

Great to Work With

We only kept her there at Elmcroft for one night before she fell and went to the hospital but the experience with Elmcroft was great on the front end. Matt and Tina were wonderful to work with. We worked with them for 2 months in preparation to move her down to Nashville. I looked at a few other places but I pretty much zeroed in on Elmcroft. It was clearly the choice. It was the best management, the best facility and the best location for us.

Really nice facility, mostl...

Really nice facility, mostly assisted living. Very cozy and welcoming public areas, small but clean rooms. Out of our price range,$2790-3870 per month

Good Job!

I think it's very valuable. They got plenty of activities. We visited a few and we liked it because it's a small facility (only about 70 people there) and my mom enjoyed walking through and getting to know the people. The staff has been very helpful and understanding and very prompt to take action. My mom's had a few physical issues since she's been there and they've been great. I think they're doing a good job just the way they're doing it.

One floor and the layout of the commu...

One floor and the layout of the community were a big plus in our decision. Knowing other residents were also part of the decision making.

Carestone at Brentwood, offers a special combination of daily living, personalized supportive services, and interactive activities. We are located in historic southeast Nashville. Since 1995 when our first community opened, we have offered a full range of personalized assistance with daily living services to seniors. We focus on wellness and keeping our residents as independent as long as possible with a tailored plan of assistance to meet their needs. Our ergonomically designed community houses a variety of apartment floor plans to accommodate the personal needs and habits of both our frail and our more active residents. Our residents call Carestone their home, and we love to nurture them through our holistic approach of caring for all resident needs - physical, emotional, social, and intellectual. Our residents enjoy Carestone for the clean, spacious apartments, affordability, social activities, and the safe secure residential environment. Come see why so many seniors call Carestone home.