Belmont Village Green Hills - Nashville, TN

This was my favorite but not in my godmother’s budget. I’d live here myself. It’s wonderful for extended life stays for elders.

LOOKING FOR MEMORY CARE ONLY!

Small wing with cramped halls and dining area.
Very nice and spacious outdoor area for residents.
Hallways have slightly wider spots where common activities take place, that is still subject to the wanderings of residents.

Independent and assisted care side of the door has much nicer appointments and more comfortable feeL. Behind the door is cramped and feels oppressive.

Staff and program seem to be reasonable and in the patient's interests.

A great place!

This is a very nice place, very clean and nicely decorated. The residents were all friendly and seemed very contented. All of the employees knew the residents by name and happily discussed their day with the residents. [Removed] were friendly and interested in the residents well-being. This community is definitely a 5-Star.

We like it!

The staff for the most part are doing a good job with the care of my mother. The community is clean and neat and they made sure that mom's room was clean. Mom liked the food. I liked that they had a lot of activities.

Lorena Grimes

Thank you for taking time out to share your experience. It’s been a pleasure having your mom in our community and being of service to your family. We encourage you to regularly share your thoughts and concerns with your community team so that we can continue to provide your family with a positive experience.

Very Nice Tour of This Community

I had a good tour of this community. It is a good community, and from what I saw they do a good job with the cleanliness of the community. The staff was very friendly, and nice. It was a good experience, I did not have any problems with my tour. Unfortunately their rates were a little to high for our budget.

Lorena Grimes

Thank you for considering Belmont Village. We understand the importance of finding the right fit for your loved one and we wish you the best of luck in your search.

Wonderful tour, great staff

The staff at Belmont Village Green Hills could not have been more accommodating or reassuring. They asked all my questions and made sure I met current residents to get an "insider's view". I took my mother to visit and have lunch (very good food!) and she was pleased with the environment. We were ready to move her in when we learned that she had a terminal illness and little time. Otherwise, she would be there playing bridge, making new friends, reading and not worrying about things.

The staff and facilities are top-notch!

My loved one is really Flourishing!

The people here have been fantastic with my loved one. They have taken such good care of my loved one that I can hardly tell who they are now. My loved one has gone back to their old self again. The food is fabulous and they are always going on outings. I love that the community is so bright and fresh.

Mother's new journey

I moved my Mother from Memphis. When I went to explore facilities in the Nashville area, the moment I walked into Belmont Village I knew this where Mother needed to be. It was light and airy, extremely clean, fresh smelling, and the staff was delightful and especially knowledgeable of how to care for a dementia patient!!!! Mother has been at Belmont for a week now, I have seen a VAST improvement. She is more engaged, lively, and more like her old self as much as that is possible with dementia. Make sure to put Belmont Village on your list to explore facilities for your loved one.

A Good Fit For Dad

My father is very well here at this community. It is a perfect fit for him and his needs. The community is very well maintained, they do a very good job keeping everything nice and clean. They have a very good staff. They have been welcoming, very helpful, and responsive to my concerns. They serve well balanced meals. I know he is safe and good hands. I would recommend this facility.

Great staff. Very Clean and neat community. Love their Circle of Friends program.

Not a fun decision

My mother has been there for two weeks. So far she seems to be adjusting. The staff seems to be very caring but it can vary from shift to shift. She has her favorite and less favorite care givers. They all seem to really care, to me. The nurses are very good and the facility, activities are very good. No one wants to be faced with this decision but I am doing what I feel is best for my mother. I would recommend visiting this facility if you find that your family has to make this decision. Do I wish the system was different? Of course I do. It is never an easy decision, for a loved one to have dementia and lose their independence. Check out this location. I compared it to two others and felt it was the best by far. My mom has long term care insurance, bless her soul, for that.

Very vibrant staff

The main thing is that everyone is very courteous and has a great attitude. The staff was very vibrant. I really don't have any complaints at all. Thank you also to A Place for Mom for helping us find the facility.

has done really well

My husband seems to be improving at Belmont Village Green Hills. This facility has been really good for him. He has done really well there. He likes it otherwise he wouldn't be there. He doesn't participate much in activities but he does do aerobics there. Overall it has been a good experience.

Lorena Grimes

Thank you for choosing Belmont Village and for sharing your experience. It’s our privilege to serve your husband and we appreciate your feedback on his care and improvement. Your input is a valued and integral part of our ongoing care and we encourage you to regularly share your thoughts with your community team.

Looked nice

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Belmont Village looked like a nice enough place, and the residents all seemed well cared for. However, it didn't have as welcoming an atmosphere as some of the other places we visited. I'm sure they would have done a fine job, but I thought my loved one might be more comfortable elsewhere.

Lorena Grimes

Thanks for your feedback and for considering Belmont Village. We encourage anyone searching for senior living to visit the communities in consideration at various times of day to get a better feel for the community. We would welcome another visit from you and your loved one.

My mother stayed at Belmont Village in Green Hills during her second phase of recovery following repair of a hip and kneecap fracture. I can't say enough positive things about the experience. ALL of the staff is warm and friendly, remembers names, act like they love their jobs, and treated my mom with caring and respect. The food was good and did not feel "institutional". The therapy was right next to her room, and they did a great job. They transported Mom to her doctor appointment and made accommodations to do so. They did everything they could to make the stay as pleasant as possible. The room was cheerful and clean, as was all of the facility. Although this stay was not what any of us wanted, this experience was as good as it possibly could be. I highly recommend it.

Amy Self

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're glad that we were able to provide a positive experience and support for your Mom and your family during a challenging time.

Great place but too expensive for our budget. The staff was lovely and friendly. Residents seem happy.

Nice looking place, but expensive.

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one. We saw quite a few places, and this was near the top of our list and somewhere we definitely would have considered. It was a nice looking, clean community, and the staff were all very friendly and professional. However, it was one of the more expensive options we saw.

So far things have gone fairly well a...

So far things have gone fairly well at Belmont Village. It's a nice looking place, and the staff have been friendly. One area I'd like to see them improve would be the activities and interaction the residents have with the staff. My loved one has been having trouble getting involved.

Not as swank, but not as pricey either.

When I visited Jill was very helpful and gracious. It's definitely not as swank as some that I have seen, but is also not as expensive. The activities looked robust, and they were lots of opportunities to socialize. The dining room was clean and there were lots of folks filing in for dinner when I was there. The employees at Belmont weren't as outgoing as another place I had seen, and in fact I overheard a couple of staff talking about not being happy to come in the next day, within earshot of several residents. The carpet had some spots that needed some attention, and we walked past some debris a couple times, and she didn't stop to pick it up.

Very impressed with this fa...

Very impressed with this facility. Great food menu. Beautiful rooms. All inclusive. Expensive.

Outstanding

They really have been outstanding. There’s a bit of sticker shock – but it’s reasonable and comparable to other communities. They have great activities. The staff is really good - they do everything they can to welcome newcomers.

Provides exceellent care, service, facilities and ambiance

I am very pleased with the environment, care and available activities at Belmont Village, Green Hills. My brother has received excellent care there and his medical, physical and mental condition has greatly improved. The staff and service are exceptional and the dining service is superior.

Belmont village's Circle of Friends

When matched side by side, most assisted living care facilities offer pretty much the same physical and dat to day care amenities for dementia residents. What set Belmont apart from the places I have visited was the "Circle of Friends" program which offers residents with dementia a program that has demonstrated, through research, a regimen that can slow the onslaught of the condition

going down!

I had a parent who lived here for 2 years and it went down drastically.
The apt, always smelled and I had to clean it most of the time. The activities were slim to none.
My parent was in The Circle of Friends and 3/4's of the residents in that program never participated.
The PALS were HARD to find. There is one nurse for each huge floor.
The Communication is very poor. The rates fluctuated like the Stock Market!
There have been 3 Directors there since August of 2011!
None of your concerns are ever answered but they don't hesitate to gripe about your loved one.
I would NOT choose this facility at all!!!

Nice place, overall

Overall I think this is a nice place. It's an attractive place, and the staff are all friendly and helpful. My loved one feels safe here, and from what I've heard she really enjoys the bingo! I've heard a few complaints from her about noise at night, but I don't know if she's hearing the staff or other residents. Other than we haven't had any issues.

Very nice. Concerned about the elev...

Very nice. Concerned about the elevator and the size of the community for our needs.

This was a wonderful place. It felt m...

This was a wonderful place. It felt more warm and open than Homewood. Residents were out and about mingling and engaged. Staff was very helpful and easy to talk to. It seemed like they would make a great effort to make sure she was involved which is nice.

Nice facility.

Nice facility.

My loved one stayed here for a one-mo...

My loved one stayed here for a one-month trial and enjoyed it very much. Community fee waived. 3 floor plans available immediately -could take $500 off rent for one yr if contract signed this month - $2500, $3200, $4300.

3 meals/day w/ no assigned seating; e...

3 meals/day w/ no assigned seating; exercise equip; small studio.

Like alot. Great visit. Affordable ...

Like alot. Great visit. Affordable . larger facility/residents

Belmont Village of Green Hills, Tennessee is just south of Nashville (Music City, USA). The facility is close to hospitals and specialty physicians, places of worship, restaurants, parks, The Mall at Green Hills, and other noteworthy Nashville attractions. But there’s so much going on at Belmont Village that our assisted living residents may not want to leave the well-manicured grounds and distinctive interiors.

In addition to signature hospitality and dining programs, residents have the opportunity to participate in unique events such as the Annual Purse Auction, garden club, weekly game show with prizes, and philanthropy club. Residents can also showcase their literary talents by penning articles for the community newsletter. All of these amenities plus an upbeat staff of well-trained and attentive professionals bring harmony to the daily lives and activities of residents.