Montara Meadows - Las Vegas, NV

I am living here and paying $1,900 but do not like that it takes one to one and a half hours for all three meals. They are very slow in their service.

Holiday Marketing

Hi there, we are sorry to see the 1 star review. We are always looking for ways to improve and would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience at Montara Meadows. Please reach out to our management team so we can better understand the situation. Thank you!

Dad is trying to adjust

This is a great place and it is beautiful. The staff is pleasant. Dad seems to enjoy 3 good meals a day. They have a pool here and the grounds are pleasant. My dad just isn't engaging in any activities or making friends and he has always been outgoing. Dad has a 1bdrm 1bth with a kitchenette.

Older facility, but tons of charm

I used to entertain the residents here. The residents could not be happier and everyone is so lively. It’s an older facility but it’s the least expensive place I’ve ever come across. The staff was good and the building was kept clean. They had a big room for family dinners and a small café that looked like it was from the 50s. It really impressed me.

Pools, parties, and Oktoberfest!

When I contacted A Place for Mom they actually recommended this facility. When my Mother and I toured we knew this would be the place she would stay. The staff is wonderful, friendly, and personable. They understand that a lot of their residents are hard of hearing and their very patient with them. My mom fell not too long ago and management was on top of the situation and called the ambulance very quickly. They stayed by her side until help came. When I spoke with the manager he was very sweet about everything and made accommodations for her. I was really impressed how they handled the whole situation. The facility itself is very clean and when I used the public restroom is was clean as well. The apartments are very nicely done. They come unfurnished but it does have a kitchenette with a half-sized refrigerator, 2 burner stove, and a built-in table. The apartment is nice and spacious with plenty of storage space on the patio and in the bedroom. A cleaning lady comes in once a week to change the bedding and sweep the floors. The only downfall I say this facility would have is they only have 2 washer/dryers per building and most of the time people forget their laundry in them. I decided that I would have my mom come to my house to do her laundry. They have a very good chef here and they have a lot of variety. They offer 3 meals a day and for each meal, they offer 3 entrees. There is an additional a la carte menu that you can pick from at any time in the day. It’s honestly like a little restaurant. For activities, they have chair aerobics, bingo, Oktoberfest, a pool, entertainment that comes in, little parties, and estate sales when other residents move out. They have something every day that gives my mom a reason to get up. I really recommend this facility.

Clean

Montera Meadows was a very nice and clean community that we toured. The staff was very friendly and answered all of our questions. We chose another community because my mom wanted a different style of community. It wasn't the right fit for her.

Having A Good Experience

I'm fine living in this community. I am cooking my meals in my apartment, I have enough counter space and a stove top to make my meals. The staff have been very, much helpful when I need them.

Very nice facility and very welcoming. Residents seemed to be very happy and friendly. At this moment, we do not have financial support to place her there.

The place seemed a little dark and the carpets need to be replaced. The gentleman who gave us the tour did not show us all of the premises even after asking him about the private dining area. I had to see the hot tub area on my own. The grounds looked OK there were some bare spots in the grass. The apartments seemed a little small and nurses and other services had to be outsourced and paid by customer. They did do housekeeping and laundry as long as it was there towels (at an extra cost to use).

Not Suitable For Me

I am familiar with this community and from I observed they are for a more independent person. It is not suitable for our needs. It does have entertainment with 3 meals a day if that is what is needed for others.

Nice Tour But Not Bright

I was not too crazy about this place after I had toured the community. I did not feel that it was kept up well enough. There was an odor in the place that smelled a little bit. It was dark environment and I fell they can improve on an overall better maintenance. The girl who gave me the tour was wonderful at showing me the place.

I Liked It A Lot

I liked the tour I had with the community. I liked the people I dealt with but they were located on the east side of town. I am not familiar with the area. It also was a bit more in price but I would recommend this community to others. The woman there called me a lot and I liked her a lot.

A Starting Point For Us

My mom is at this community with some activities available to the residents. She is not doing well because she wants to be in my state. This is just a temporary place for her. I have someone take her out on Friday night and she looks forward to that. She gets meal at the community and it's just fine. The community is a good place. All is fine for my mom.

Really liked this community!!

I really liked this community and thought this would have been a very pleasant place for my mother to go. They had great amenities and I was pleased with how well everything was organized and maintained. It was just too expensive for my mothers budget.

Great job maintaining the property!!

My favorite thing about this community since I had moved in is how welcoming and friendly everyone is. The staff have done a great job at helping me get comfortable in my new studio and the residents have been wonderful to me and very inviting into there community. They offer a great bingo game and many other great activities as well as field trips throughout the week. I am normally satisfied with the the meals they serve however they could use some improvement from time to time.

Not A Good Tour

My tour of this community did not go well. This is not a very appealing community. From what I saw the residents were left alone in their apartments. I did not want that type of environment for my mother in law. I would not feel comfortable moving my mother in law moving here.

Holiday Retirement

Thank you very much for sharing these comments. Your opinion plays an integral part in our customer service, and so we really appreciate you reaching out with this feedback and sharing this insight with us. Montara Meadows is an independent living community, which means that, while we do have a number of activities that are planned for and carried out each day, residents are - based on their own preference - free to join or not. While we absolutely respect the fact this may not be an ideal arrangement in your case or for your mother, we did just want to provide that bit of clarity and insight for others around the level of care and service Montara Meadows provides. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us - we wish you the best in your search!

A very well-maintained community. LOTS of activities for the residents. Most importantly a very attentive, friendly staff!

I Have Met A Lot Of Lovely People Here

This an older community. There are area's around the community that needs updating. I do enjoy the staff, they have been excellent to work with, they are very friendly as well. I have met a lot of very lovely people here. There are many activities offered, I've tired a few of them. The food was excellent, but they have since switched the chef. It has been a wonderful experience so far.

The food is great.
Staff is also great except for driver (Ron)..I will never ride with him again.
Entertainment is mostly very good except for Ron [Removed].
There are many fine activities.
Dining area is very clean and services are excellent.review

Still Adjusting

My mother is still taking some time to adjust with everything new and that is understandable. The community looks nice and very clean haven't had any problems with that. It has been a good experience with the staff, but I wasn't aware of some charges that my mother was racking up. The on-site caregiving could be better. I would wish for better commutation from the staff and upper management. I would recommend this community to someone who's loved one is mobile.

Smells Great

We still have some unpacking to do but so far my mother is doing well here. The first thing I noticed about the place was the smell it smells wonderful as soon as you walk in the place you smell the food from the kitchen. My mother has made new friends here and is really enjoying her time here. She has done some of the activities which is nice. The food is great and the staff is very friendly and helpful. My mother blinds had broke in her room and the staff was quick to replace them so their responsive time is great. This is a wonderful place my mother is happy

Things are going fine

Things are going fine at Montara Meadows. The staff and the facility are nice and we have not had any problems so far. Overall, we are having a good experience at this facility.

The place is great. The care services they provided is rated as a 5 and also the activities. I have no complaints against the facility.

Loved the people and property. Brian was charming and informative. The amenities are like an all inclusive resort. Everything you need to be safe, secure and to have fun. Two manager couples live on site. Nursing staff on site. Activities galour. Dining room has menu like a restaurant with 2 specials a day for dinner. We ate dinner there and it was delicious. All well worth the money.

Every time I need help for any little thing they charge me

Montara Meadows is fine. I am blind and they told me no problem and they have someone to help me. Come to find out it is a separate agency that come help and they charge me any time I need this separate help. They walk my dog for me. I talked to someone about this. They told me it would cost about $400 a month. Well, after two weeks they charged me over $500. Every time I need help for any little thing they charge me. I am not sure I can stay here because it is so expensive. They had told me I would be charging me for walking my dog. I expected that but everything else is surprising. I am quite a distance from my husband that stayed in the house too. Otherwise if I could see it would be a wonderful place. The first couple of weeks my nieces were here with me I enjoyed the things they offer. But I just cant get them to help me here or I will be charged. Everybody is really nice. They clean once a week. The managers and everybody are right there if I have complaint. The residents here are really nice too.

A Little Disappointed

Well the biggest problem I ran into was the original person I interviewed with was gone after a week. So we kind of got dropped in the middle of the everything. Like when they were suppose to pull out the rent, they pulled out the wrong date and it took them a long time to fix some problems. Just the slowness of preparing things. And some of the things she promised when we toured, we have not seen happen. It's not so bad I would pull my dad out of there, I was just a little disappointed.

Friendly, helpful staff!

I think they do a very good job overall at Montara Meadows! The people here are very friendly, and everyone has been such a big help throughout the whole process! The facility itself is very nice, and they keep it very clean, you always see house keepers going up and down the halls tidying up!

grounds need more attention

Everyone that I have met have been really nice at Montara Meadows. When we go to visit we notice the grounds need more attention than they are getting. Otherwise the facility is good. The food is great there also. Overall I think it is a lovely place.

A Good Value

The staff is very friendly. The food is above average and for the money it is a good value. The medical assistance care has at times been disappointing, but they work to improve it. The property shows it's age at times, but for the cost it represents a good value.

Everything Could Be Improved

They could improve on everything. They did nothing well. At first it seemed like a good choice, it was convenient for family visits and the initial price seemed reasonable but most of the services that were promised were all very, very sub-par. On top of that, when my mother passed away, the last two and a half months she was there, she was hardly there at all. And though I didn't expect them to give us a break on the rent, they said the contract was terminated when she passed, but after she passed they held us to the 30 day rule and tried to keep our deposit. So they were deceptive in their business practice. After they refunded me, they tried to electronically withdraw it again. On top of that the management was very unresponsive. [removed] Overall it was a very negative experience.

Warm and Welcoming Place

The community has been a warm and welcoming place for my mother. She has enjoyed all the activities that they have to offer, as well as the services. They are on time and the food is prepared well for her. The apartment is pleasant and she is enjoying the experience.

Personal insights

Can't be beat for professionalism and friendliness of staff !
Bathrooms are VERY small.
Food and service very prompt and good tasting. NICE SALAD BAR !!

The people are fantastic, they work with you, you never feel like you're being sold a used car. The price was perfect, the location was perfect, the facility is amazing, the food and the dining room were amazing. There are constant upgrades, really a nice place.

food can improve, great otherwise

My mother has only been at Montara Meadows for about a month or so. She was previously at Atria and just recently moved here. For the most part everything has been good. The facility is nice and clean, and the staff are very friendly and helpful. My mothers only complaint has been with the food. Other than that everything is going well so far.

It's been terrific. They are really happy there.

It's been terrific. They are really happy there. The staff is really friendly. It's an older building, but it's well maintained and the grounds are beautiful. I give them a four and a half.

so far so good!

We are still pretty new at Montara Meadows, but so far it has been a pretty good experience overall. Everyone there has been extremely friendly and willing to work with us on any issues when they arise. So far so good!

A few things not mentioned but overall a good place

We just moved our mom to Montara Meadows. The staff seems to be friendly and pleasant. However there are a few things they neglected to tell us even though we specifically asked about them.
Mom plays bridge at the bridge center from 12:30 to 4:30 twice a week. We asked about transportation and they said no problem we can get her there. They failed to mention that there is no transportation after 4pm EVER. So how do we get her back? This is a big problem and I find it interesting that it was never mentioned!
Over all I think she will enjoy her life at Montara Meadows. They have a lot of activities and a lovely dining room. The staff learns everyone's name so that is really nice.

They really are very good. The staff is absolutely wonderful. They are so nice, and compassionate, and patient. My one complaint would be the common room. It needs to be refurnished, and the carpet needs to be replaced, it stinks. They tried cleaning it and it didn't help. Other than that, they are great and I am really happy with them.

Great Service!

My mother had chosen Montero Meadows (in Las Vegas) before I spoke to your counselor. She was disappointed because she couldn't adapt to down sizing from a 4 bedroom house to a 2 bedroom apt. Eventually she moved back to her home. The counselor was friendly and professional. I would refer this company in the future.
RT(New York)

Working out well.

I helped a friend move into here, and it's going pretty well. He seems to be happy there. It's clean, and the people are friendly. His only compliant would be that he doesn't really like that people can go into his room when he isn't there, that bugs him. Other than that it's working out well.

They are okay,

They are okay, they are much better than anything else around town. There are a lot of things they did right in the beginning that we didn't like. In the beginning they were more of a two and now it's about a three, so it's gotten better. They made good on some of the things, but some of the reactions were sort of this is how it is if you don't like it leave. At first they said they could provide transportation, on site, with only a little notice, which is true, but they knew my loved one was confined to a scooter, and they don't have a lift. If they had told us that it wouldn't have kept us from going there, we just would have known to make other arrangements. The salesman was nice enough, but two managers, a married couple, the wife is nice, but they could have been nicer. We signed the lease a month before moving in, and they didn't have things ready to go, even though we paid for more time, and they had plenty of time to get things ready. It took days to get some things ready, and I had to do some of it. She has been there a couple of months, and they have only vacuumed her room twice. Things have gotten a little bit better as far as being accommodating. They were very aware that we live locally and told us to come and eat with her, after a week I had had two meals there and they said hey you need to pay for these, then another manager said you don't have to worry about it for a couple of months there isn't much consistency. They seem to rotate managers in and out of the property and it makes a difference.

My mother says she lives the safety a...

My mother says she lives the safety and security, people, food, activities, and how welcome she feels from staff and other residents. The quality of life is wonderful in her newest life experience.

It's not a bad place.

The only thing that affects me is that everyone is older than me. The food is better than average. None of the places have activities that I like, but they have some entertainment, and some of that is pretty good. I have to sit with people I don't know when I go to eat, I don't really like that. I have a little kitchenette, which is nice. They are real nice people and it's very clean. It's not a bad place.

no, this place is old, not ...

no, this place is old, not nice, bad odor.

There is a lot of room for improvement.

There is a lot of room for improvement. The management has all changed in the last couple of months. There were things that were supposed to be taken care of before we moved in that weren't and still haven't been done. There is a lack of communication, they haven't been very obliging to people who want to stay but have trouble with the price. They have wonderful entertainment and activities, but they aren't very physically stimulating. I would like to see more opportunities to get some physical exercise. I also think there is a lack of participation, and it would be nice to see a little more encouragement to do so. They try very hard to do what is right and the staff is friendly, but I am watching so I have to push them to do this or that. The biggest complaint I hear when visiting is about the chef and how rude he is. They are also often running out of vegetables so there isn't enough to go around. I would also like to see a little more variety, they could substitute a sweet potato once in a while. There aren't any choices for salad dressing. The room wasn't properly cleaned after the last resident before we moved in either, so I had to disinfect everything myself.

Loved it , but worried abou...

Loved it , but worried about the 3 meals a day and the price for living there. Not sure if ready to have so much done for her.

It works for me.

It works for me. It’s hard to know what to say. The food is good and there is enough variety. The staff are very quick to arrive when called. It’s a good value for the money. They need more maintenance staff.

Great place for a social Dad!

After seeing 4 independent living locations in CO, I could tell immediately when we visited that this location would work for my father in Las Vegas. The staff were all great, the rooms had slightly more space than the ones in CO, and the common areas were very nice. I loved the fact that all 3 meals were included everyday. Even had a pool much to my surprise. I also learned that my father could visit us in CO at one of the many sister locations and stay for free (reserving ahead) and that we the family could also rent a room when visiting him for a fee. The food was good, and we were able to move him in immediately. Medicine administration is done by an independent group, but they are on-site so it seems to work well. It was the first time I'd heard of a 90 day commitment, but it's doable. One great feeling was that a couple we met said they looked for 1 year and half and in Vegas and chose this location as the best one. That felt good that my intuition was correct!

It's going pretty well so far.

It's going pretty well so far. The food would be a 4, it's not the best, but it's good, and filling. I am still getting used to it, I can't think of anything they could improve yet. I like the bridge games.

Can't Accommodate a Gluten-Free Diet

The cost is supposed to include food and I have difficulty with the chef, getting food that's healthy for me to eat. You don't get any kind of a kitchen so you really can't prepare your own meals. We get every meal here but it's a struggle to get things I can eat. What they put on their menu is not edible for me. I want very simple, plain food. If I asked them to do a chicken breast. I can't eat food with gluten in it and they seem to dump wheat flour in to everything. They have very few activities. They claimed that they had activities but they don't.

My Grandma loves it.

My Grandma loves it.

Looked in Colorado and Nevada

This community was my mother’s choice, we looked at several communities in Colorado and in Nevada and she ended up choosing Montara Meadows. The staff is really friendly and shows the passion they have for what they do. They reach out to the residents and any guest that are visiting. They really make the effort to interact with the residents and guest. The prices are very competitive and they offer a great value. The do have lots of activities and my mom is always staying busy when she choose to participate. We are very pleased with her choice and would recommend Montara Meadows.

Situated on beautifully landscaped grounds, you’ll love the elegance of our facilities while enjoying the convenience of a home in the heart of it all. We’re just minutes from shopping, healthcare and all the excitement of the Las Vegas Strip.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind