Destinations at Pebble 55+ Apartment Homes - Las Vegas, NV

Staff is horribly direspectful here.

I moved in the end of last month. Already the impression I get from office staff is that of negativity. 3 of 4. One of which, has never spoken, even to introduce herself, the manager (name??). The assist. mgr. (name??) has absolutely no people skills and a very bad attitude. As well as, being unfriendly, condescending, arrogant, rude, disrespect, and unprofessional.
[Name removed], I thought was ok until I requesting maintenance to replace toilet. She actually stated the cost of a new toilet, just over $100. This was incredulous. I half thought she figured I had to pay it. I replied with the high price I pay for rent here. Clearly not worth it. Contemplating moving. All of my money will have to be refunded in full.

New Management Nickle & Dimes the Residents

New owners (Overture) & Greystar 55+ in 2016-17. (Dropped the "At" from the Destinations "at" Pebble from name. Came on board with a big splash--painted the buildings, replaced burnt out exterior lights, and added a few flowers. Clubhouse had been renovated in 2016 & was closed for months. First thing new owners did was to create a 34 PAGE LEASE, & then substantially raise the apartment rents--about $50 per month. Then, they shut down the Clubhouse (again) for RE-remodeling. Next, they slowly began to pass on costs, ()customarily paid for by a rental property), on to the tenants. First, it was $10 per month more for sewer & water. Then it was $20, plus $10 more for trash. (And, don't forget you still have your own gas, electric, phone & cable bills to deal with.)

This past year, the extra costs were based on the size of the apartment--not by the number of occupants. So, if only ONE person resides in a two bed-two bath apartment, they now pay an $60 EXTRA per month, PLUS the rent, & all their other utilities. Remember, this is a 55+ COMMUNITY & many residents are on limited or fixed incomes.

Just recently heard a rumor that new residents are now being charged a MANDATORY one-time $750 "resort" fee for use of the clubhouse, exercise room & pool. Wonder what the monthly rent is actually covering because the apartments are just so-so and rather small.

Maintenance also leaves a lot to be desired. Very unskilled. Very bad about letting the resident know that they had been in their apartment to fix problems. Work orders that require an outside vendor (which seems to be most of the time) never seem to get done--even after repeated requests are made to the office. According to their files, there are NEVER any open work orders--even though you know what you had personally asked for is still not done.

I'm not sure why, but this particular property seems to be the only one of several Greystar 55+ properties that has a lot of negative reviews--& they are not all recent ones. Bad reviews go back for years. Maybe it's the overall on-site management & maintenance, because it certainly is not because of the location.--that's one of it's better features.

What You Expect For Value

I live on the west side and the wind blows a lot and the building is a little old. The elevators are not that clean either, I think they can do better. People don't always pick up after their dogs too. For the value, it is about what you expect though.

all great

It is all great at Destinations at Pebble. They respond very quickly when there is a problem. They keep it clean. Mom really loves it there. I have no complaints on this facility. I am very happy with it.

By Far The Best Facility I have Seen

The sales lady was absolutely fantastic. The gentleman in charge of the custodians, overseeing the property and everything, was also absolutely fantastic. Them working with us to get in the paperwork and finding the right unit for my loved one was excellent. We have looked at other properties, and I would have to say that this facility is by far the best experience and my mother is extremely happy there and so we are happy.

Overall a nice clean quiet facility. ...

Overall a nice clean quiet facility. Lots of activities for those that desire them.

Some concerns

The management is not very involved which is why I rated it a four. I’ve heard the food is not that good. I haven’t had any problems with parking or with the laundry service. The management is a little lacking though.

A nice looking place

We looked at quite a few destinations locations, and ended up moving into one. This was one of the options that we were considering. It was a nice place, and the staff were friendly. However it is located directly adjacent to the freeway, which is a big negative. It is also a bit remote for us, too far from our normal destinations.

Features (Available in Select Apartment Homes)

o Open, airy studio, one-, and two- bedroom layouts
o Upgraded finishes, fixtures and window coverings*
o Well-equipped kitchens with stainless steel appliances*
o Dishwashers, built-in microwaves and disposals
o Full-size* washer and dryer in your home
o Generously-sized closets, some walk-in
o Central heat and air with individual climate control
o Easily accessible walk-in showers
o Wheelchair accessible*
o Cable/satellite* and internet ready

Amenities:

o The Plunge, sparkling swimming pool
o Flex, fitness center with cardio, free weights, and group classes
o Nirvana, Jacuzzi experience
o The Scene, our sophisticated club lounge
o The Pad, billiards and game room
o Wired, the fully-equipped business center
o Post it, mail room
o Clothesline, clothes care center
o Nosh Coffee Bar & Bistro
o The Den, private library
o Tranquil, relaxing and nurturing courtyard
o Dreamweaver, stylish guest suite located onsite

Office Hours: