Meridian of Riverside - Riverside, CA

I toured this facility while looking for a place for my loved one. This community is just depressing and smelled really bad. The overall feeling is like a nursing home and I didn’t like it. While on the tour, we were rushed through everything. I’m sure they were knowledgeable but they didn’t give me enough time to ask questions. To me, it looked like they didn’t have enough staff. I would not recommend this facility.

Wonderful facility but nursing staff is horrible

The transition here for my Father has been difficult. It’s a nice building and all of the caregivers, sales staff, and receptionists have been nice. They really seem to care and they always greet us by name. The building is well maintained and has no odor like you would expect. However, the nursing staff and management of the nursing staff have been horrible and rude. There is no consistency with them. My dad runs out of his medications frequently and doesn’t refill them for days. My dad is still really smart and he has broken down crying because he doesn’t know what will happen when he starts forgetting things. He’s pointed out the inconsistency with his medications a few times because he was missing some of them. We are paying extra money for services we are not receiving. Otherwise the facility is wonderful. They are very proactive when it comes to the flu outbreak. They keep everything quarantined so it doesn’t spread. I would recommend this facility but you need to be aware of how much you have to keep an eye on the medications.

Long wait times for life alert

My loved one is here currently. It’s been a little rocky and I’m not sure if it’s the right fit for them. It seems like there isn’t enough staff on hand but for the most part, it seems like they’re easy to communicate with. However, my loved one has had a few falls since being there. My biggest concern right now is that they wear the life alert necklace and whenever they press the button, there have been times where it has taken an hour before the staff has come to check on my loved one. They are supposed to check on the residents every 20 minutes and from what I’ve seen, that’s not been happening. The facility seems to be okay cleanliness wise. My loved one is on a schedule to have their room cleaned once a week, on Saturdays, but when I’ve been in there the very next day it doesn’t look like it’s been cleaned or even touched. I’m not sure what’s going on there but other than that the building itself seems to be clean. I have an issue with the people that do the laundry though. They aren’t paying attention or sorting the clothes the right way and that’s causing some colors to bleed into others, white shirts turning pink, etc. The food is another issue, which was a big deal because my loved one is vegetarian. When we went for the tour, they prepared a nice meal for my loved one to sample and it was fine. But ever since then, it’s been difficult for them to follow through with that. I think we’ll be looking for a different community.

Outdated and needs some TLC

I toured here when I was looking for a place for my dad and as far as the tour is concerned, it was amazing. The girl that did the tour gave us so much information that I didn’t even think to ask, she was just wonderful. We chose not to go with them for a couple of different reasons, though. They asked us to stay for lunch, which I thought was nice, but the menu only had 1 choice and my dad didn’t like the food. The area didn’t feel comfortable, especially at night and if I were to visit by myself. The common area felt older and worn and not quite kept up with, it felt a little outdated. The facility really needs some tender loving care and needs a bit of an upgrade. My dad even noticed and said something about it and he’s 80. However, the facility was very clean and the people were extremely nice.

Not happy with this place at all!!

My mother was recently in this community for a short period of time and I would not recommend this place to anyone. When I had initially sat down with management they had promised me a bundle of things especially the part that my mother would receive her medicine on time. That was not the case at all and I ended up having to remove her from the facility because of it. She never got her medication on time and the doctor even changed a few things with out my knowledge that ended up making her out of it. They never communicated with me about what was honestly going on there when I was away and I was not happy about that. I would not trust these people to watch my dog.

No curb appeal. Didn't want to go in. My husband had been there before for work and was not impressed with the facility or the staff.

Perhaps a little understaffed, as respond times when requested can be a little long for an elderly person. Price was amazing, so if more staff was hired, price would certainly go up. Mom is very happy there and so are we.

A definite no...

I did not tour Meridian of Riverside, I just drove by it but when I got a look at it, it did not have curve appeal at all. It was a huge old building that looked like an old skilled nursing center with multiple levels. It looked scary and I would never put my mother there.

Care and comfort

I like the care here for my mom. The staff is very nice and caring. I like that she is in a clean community and the variety of healthy meals are available. she is enjoying making friends and likes to participate in alot of the nice activities. We would highly recommend this community for the good care and the good value for other families.

Very clean!

My mother and I toured Meridian of Riverside. It was a very nice place and the lady that took us around was friendly and welcoming. The facility itself was in good shape. It was a good experience to tour, but my mother found another place that fit her needs a little better.

No complaints!

Everything at the Meridian of Riverside is going great! The food is wonderful and my mother is getting the care that she needs. No complaints about this facility!

Just Not in the Right Location

I enjoyed having a tour at this community. I saw nothing wrong with the facility or the management. Based on it's location it was not in a good area for me.

Great food and friendly staff

The staff at Meridian seems to be meeting my husbands care needs but it seems the staff is kinda sparse. They could use more help on the weekends and evenings. Sometimes when I call I can't get through. My husband plays games here and there. He loves the food and has even gained weight since moving in. One way they could improve the food is making sure it's a little hotter when it's served. Everyone here is very nice and helpful.

A nice facility... not much area for parking though

This facility did not meet the standards or environment I would want my mother to live in. The neighborhood was not desirable.

Very Nice!!

The Meridian of Riverside is a very clean and well-maintained community. If it was closer to my home, I wouldn't hesitate to chose this community. The staff and tour guide were very friendly and knowledgeable.

Meridian is a nice community to stay at!!!

The staff at this community were great. They were friendly and helpful. Mom enjoyed the food. They do offer daily activities. The community was kept clean and I would recommend it.

Fair, great value

At first we were very impressed with personal attention and overall facility. However, some billing issues and very slow service and rape to personal care needs at times and with the major change in food service times, now dinner is so early it is ridiculous, have changed our view. It is still a good value, safe, clean, and with the basic amenities, but there are definite issues.

I toured here, and it was really nice.

I toured here, and it was really nice. It was very comparable to most of the places I looked at, both in terms of cost and quality. The director ended up talking to me for about an hour answering my questions, not just about the community but also about just the situation in general. I never got the feeling that he was trying to sell me on his community, just that he wanted me to find the right community. They were very helpful!

Staff is friendly

the staff is friendly, and I have really nothing to complain about. Although there is a lot of processed food. You can order a salad ahead of time though.

Accommodating and Easy to Work With

Well they were very accommodating and very easy to work with when we put my mom in there. They are friendly and tried to work out the best possible deal according to her finances and helped us out a lot with that. I really enjoyed dealing with them.

Completely satisfied!

We're very pleased with how things have gone with Meridian of Riverside! The people here are so friendly, and so helpful! We really have no complaints! The facility is clean and well kept, and they do a great job looking out for the people who live here!

Good Care

They have taken good care of our loved one. There is not really anything I can think of for improvements, they are doing what they can. They have a good staff and as long as they are doing what they are doing, it is good.

Wonderful facility. I look forward to placing my dad into respite care there soon.

This most fit our needs of the ones I saw today. Nice place, nice staff. Manageable as far as cost. Small studio, no kitchenette. Nice bath.

The physical space was depressing, very dated. Except for front of building views were into the windows of dated apartment buildings or parking lots. Balcony areas were shared between 2-3 residents and tight fit for any chairs.

They only get .5 because it won't let me go negative!

There was a lack of medication, I spent the night there, and saw that they didn't give him his medication, first hand. [removed] and they felt that giving me a hundred dollars to compensate, was more than generous. After twenty days she went from no wounds to having one down to the bone. My parents were there for a very short time, and I believe that their lack of care is what led to the string of complications that my mother has now passed away from. My dad lost almost 20 pounds, when he was there. The call buttons didn't work, and they convinced me to spend over a hundred dollars on a pendant that they didn't respond to either. When I went to visit one day my father was quite noticeably wearing my mother's clothes. They are a despicable, horrible place. [removed] and [removed] are the directors. Other families have been worried about medications, and their loved ones passed away too. It's the same people that ran the facility that was here before, that was shut down, now they just operate under a different name, and license. This means there is no background on their license to check. When people look at the facility ask how long they have been operating under that license, if it's brand new, do some more checking on the previous owners and license, see if it's the same people.

We are very happy with them.

We are very happy with them. We really like the staff. From the minute we walked in everyone says hi and wants to know how they can help. They work really hard, and they are always happy to do their job. We are thrilled with the quality of care. Our loved one is not typically one to join in on activities, and here he is, so they are good at engaging him. The food is good as well.

Better than most.

As in all places, some caregivers are better than others. a few policies have recently changed relating to feeding times. The food is almost all pre-prepared and then reheated. "Home cooked" would be an improvement.

The medical staff is excellent.

Great place for my dad

I put my dad there after much searching and I was so pleased. He was very happy there (he has since passed) but they took very good care of him. I didn't worry. Room was clean, food was good. Staff was wonderful and caring! He emjoyed getting out to go shopping and the activities there. His room was big with a big easy to use bathroom. There wasn't one thing I was unhappy with. I wish I had done it sooner. He was happier there than he was alone most of the time in his little apartment. I came a rather long distance too and they were all so wonderful in helping him get settled.

Care for my wife.

Dear Vicky,
I realize that I have the pleasure of being able to speak to you at anytime in your office, but I felt that I need to express many thanks to you in writing for the care and attention that you and your staff, mainly Ms. Christina Harris, LVN, have extended for my wife.

As you are aware that I came to Meridian from another Assisted Living Facility, because the condition there were not what I expected in Assisted Living, and the clinical care was not adequate if I needed.

Meridian has made me feel secure here vs where we were. My wife has progressed with her memory problem, but you took special care until she is placed in a memory care facility. The care that you provide was the first real battle of the condition with my wife. This prompted me to thank both of you and "Care Givers" for this attention. It should be noted that Ms. Harris stayed most of the night personally caring for my wive, also having your comforting assistance during the evening sun downing which included caring for me.

Please thank all of the "care givers" for us as they all go beyond "just doing a job".

Wasn't a bad experience, considering circumstances

If they had a spokesperson or a go between between the RNs/LVNs and us because he was so far along, further along than we realized, and it wasn't like he was abled bodied so to speak, so it would have been betterr to have someone there to help. Maybe we could have paid for more care to get there, we were there such a short time we couldn't really develop that relationship. The care was good, we just didn't have enough time. The only thing that was a hint of [removed] if you're new to places you're just kind of lost, they don't have a greeter or somebody to teach you how it's all going to go down. They have somebody that sits down with you at first but he's more of the financial guy. I know more about senior communities than I ever wanted to know.

Super clean, super professi...

Super clean, super professional, grounds are green, maintained well. very nice floor plans of total layout of the property.

Meridian of Riverside

The people are very helpful; The staff is very kind and friendly with the clients. The facility is clean and well cared for. The food is good.

Good Activities and Hard-Working Staff

Absolutely Wonderful! I think that they're trying hard to satisfy their guests and it's just a very positive place to be. There is an activities director that lead exercises and games and they do outings. My mom is in a wheelchair so she doesn't get on the bus much but they also provide the bus to take them to the doctor or whatever. They have religious people come in and do services or read the bible which my mom appreciates.

My mom likes it pretty well. She's much happier than the last place and she's more communicative.