Brookdale Grand Terrace - Grand Terrace, CA

Brookdale Grand Terrace - Grand Terrace, CA has yet not published prices.

Safe and secure courtyard

Very bad care! Nice manager but not a good one

VERY BAD CARE, Nice manager, I had talked to her about some serious issues 2 times prior to me finding my elderly father with no pants on (pull-up) in front of his airconditioner, freezing cold with purple lips! Unresponsive..I pushed his emergency button and told them to call 911!!,, The staff hurried to put pajama bottoms on before paramedics arrived, they told me dehydrated and very low heart rate, I told fireman how i found him and so glad tbey were fast! The paramedics asked the staff if he had anything to drink or eat today? staff said NO! They took my Dad to hospital , We did NOT bring him back to Brookdale Grand Terrace.

I am happy here

I like it here I have a nice spacious studio apartment. The people her are all so pleasant and helpful. They know everybody by name. The food is good most of the time and we eat 3x a day. They clean and do my laundry every Saturday. I will go out and go shopping sometimes. I would recommend this community.

Hideous

I toured here for my loved one, and I thought that the place was hideous. My loved one would have had to have a roommate, and the rooms were already small. The doors were off the closets, and the place seemed dark and institutional. The staff was very nice, they really were wonderful people, but the faculty itself just was not a good fit for us.

Dirty rooms and dirty facility!

I toured here and I did not like them at all. It did not look clean. They showed me the room that my loved one would be staying in, it was a shared room, and the part that she was going to be in hadn’t been cleaned. Even if it was sitting empty, housekeeping should still be making sure there weren’t any live bugs (which there were) in the room (in this case, it was the bathroom). It looked very shabby. The rest of the facility didn’t look clean, either. The staff was able to answer my questions for the most part. The food was very important for my loved one because she’s vegetarian and wasn’t eating properly so I wanted to make sure they’d be able to provide food that was appetizing for her. They couldn’t guarantee me that they would be able to provide vegetarian meals for her.

Dad is Settling in

This community was such a good fit for my dad the staff here are nice and helpful. He's not a social type so activities will be there when he wants. They do take him to doctors appointments if needed which help us. It is close to us. They keep it clean and smelling good. The grounds are well maintained. He is always eating very well too. I would recommend this community to friends and family.

Care and comfort

I like the care the from the staff are caring and attentive. The community is clean and maintained. We like the good variety of the menu. They offer her to participate in the activities with the other resident This is a good place for my wife to be for the good care that is available. We recommend this community for a good value for others

This was was wonderful stay

My brother was only at Brookdale Grand Terrace a short time but in that time all the staff were wonderful and worked with us so much. My brother looked forward to taking part in the activities and he really enjoyed the food and being in the dining room visiting with all the other residents. They are such a nice place and I would definitely recommend Brookdale Grand Terrace to anyone looking for a place for a loved one.

Ideal Environment

Brookdale Grand Terrace is ideal for providing the care that my mom needs. It is a clean community and the staff is friendly and very attentive. My mom has her good and bad days but she seems to be adjusting to the move. The food provided looks good. She is in a secure area in the memory care unit and the staff to resident ratio is good. She shares a room with another resident, it is set up nicely so that she has her own space. I feel that they are providing a safe and secure environment for my mom at Brookdale Grand Terrace.

Nice tour

Brookdale Grand Terrace is a beautiful and clean community. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We chose another community because of affordability and the fees charged were more specific with what we would actually use.

I wasn't impressed with the memory care portion. The smell of urine was quite strong, shared rooms are very small, and there was a broken cabinet (or something) on the wall. It just didn't meet the feel that I want for my father.

I had a very good tour!

I had a pretty good tour of Brookdale Grand Terrace. I thought the place was fine, but there was nothing that stood out, The tour guide was friendly and answered our questions. It was just not what we were looking for.

I had a positive experience during my tour. The community is clean and the staff is nice.

Better care for mom

I am not happy with this community. The staff are not giving the correct information on what is provided. They informed me that they had something for my mom's safe. My mother was injured and there was no one available to with her from the community to the hospital due to being short staff and the other residents were left unattended. I would not recommend families to this community for care of a loved one.

We toured this community for care. We did not have the feeling we were looking for. This community was not safe due to the residents would be allowed in the kitchen area where it was not a safe atmosphere. The staff were nice and helpful.and were to answer the questions we had. The menu was a nice variety. We liked the list of activities. We recommend a tour of this community to other residents.

Extremely friendly staff. Older facility but clean and well kept.

A good fit!

I have not seen my friend in a few weeks, but the last time I saw him he seemed to be doing fine. The community has been a good fit for him.

The best place

They offer daily activities and my friend says that she likes playing bingo as it helps her with her memory. The food is good, however I think they could include more green vegetables. The community is clean and well maintained. One of the drivers we met during our tour let us know this was the right place and she has been so uplifting. This community has a homey feeling to it. My friend is improving with her walking and I would recommend this community.

Older facility. Not what my parents were looking for. However, the staff we meet were very welcoming and helpful

Felt like I was in a prison!!

I would never put my mom into a community like this one. I felt like I was in a prison when I had visited. Everyone was mostly upstairs or in there bedroom not doing anything and had a very awkward feel to it. When speaking with the staff they also said they only take the residents outside once or twice a week to get some fresh air and do an activity. I did not not think that was enough time out of the complex.

Dropped Cold!

I am not complaining about your facility. Everything was fine in that department. My complaint is with your staff refusing to admit my mother based on a coding error in her file from her stay at another facility. The coding error ended up disqualifying my mother as a patient with Brookdale. The other facility admitted that it was their coding error and indicated that it had been corrected. I discussed this with Brookdale and they lead me to believe that they were rectifying the situation. That's the last conversation I had with them. From that point on, they stopped returning my calls. I'm still baffled by it all.

Good for the most part.

My mother is doing good and happy at Brookdale Grand Terrace. The staff is very nice and personable. The food is good. She gets what she needs for the most part. We signed up for her to have assistance twice a week with showering and they haven't been doing that, or someone stands outside but does not assist her. I've been happy with the community except for this one thing. They do have a lot of activities, but she still has her bookkeeping business so she stays busy but she tries to participate when she can.

Care Could Improve

We are having a little bit of an issue with my loved one's care over at the Brookdale Grand Terrace facility and it has been pretty challenging dealing with them about it, but other than that everything seems to be okay.

Above and Beyond

They are just there to bust their butts for us and I think they just go above and beyond what they need to do. They have given more than any place I have seen and the Brookdale Grand Terrace is an excellently run facility.

Renovating with the times

They are doing some renovating to update some of the things that were getting a little old and outdated. I am very pleased with them for doing this.

good home

The staff is very excellent with my mother. She has not been there long but I must say it is magnificent.

Nice residents

The facility has a homey feel. They are updating the place. That is good because it is kind of outdated. They do manage to keep the place well cleaned. The staff is attentive and friendly and the other residents here are nice too.

Loving and kind staff

They are currently renovating the facility which is great because it is much needed. The staff is so loving and kind. You can tell that they genuinely care for the residents. So far, things are going well here.

Staff treats residents like their own loved ones

This is an older facility, but they are renovating it which is great. I am impressed that the staff is so pleasant and thoughtful. They treat the residents like their own loved ones. Even with the renovation going on, the building is well organized and clean.

They are trying to update the property which they need to hurry up. They need a better sitting area where my mom and other residents can look out the door. Hallways need to be carpeted and painting.

Found a gem

I moved my 97 yr. old Mother here after a tour of an apt. that was being all redone. She likes it there & the people are friendly. Her apt. a large studio is very nice & price is reasonably. Extra care prices are reasonably too. I'm very happy that I found this place because she was needed to move out of her house. I feel confident that she is safe & happy there. Everyone in the office has been very helpful.
It is an old place & they are fixing it up. The meals are balance & they have a choice.
Great location from the freeway. The price is for apt. only.
Cable & special care is extra.

We think it's pretty good.

We think it's pretty good. Nice grounds, friendly people. Great food selection, It's really good. We have been very happy with it. I don't really have any complaints.

I think overall my loved one is happy there.

When we first got there, there was an awful lot of confusion about everything. They didn't have everything down like I thought they would. I think overall my loved one is happy there. I would recommend the Brookdale Grand Terrace. The facility is nice and it's also very clean. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. They offer a lot of activities. It has been a pretty good experience overall. Four Stars.

It was a pleasure to tour this facility,it was very clean,the rooms were very nice in size,the staff were friendly and very informative.
I would love to have my mom stay here.but a little pricey.

Tammy is awesome. This fac...

Tammy is awesome. This facility is very nice and with the outrageous acts of my family member, this is probably the ultimate place for her with more of a dementia/alzheimer type unit, but it is possible that her aggressive outbursts are even too much for these sweet people to deal with and she might need more of an adult psychiatric unit. In looking for someone to care for her though, these are some of the most ideal people I have met.

We thought this was nice

We thought this was nice, we were all set to go there. We had made a deposit and everything. They evaluated my loved one and put them at a different level of care than we had agreed on, based on things that were not going to be used or needed, that they insisted on. There were some other things that made us change our mind as well. We couldn't get our medicine from the same place anymore we would have to use their pharmacy, which would cost more. We decided this wasn't going to work for us anymore.

Apartments are very small t...

Apartments are very small though the facility overall seemed well kept and the staff personable.

Very friendly staff!

It's been very good here so far, I've got no complaints at all! It's very clean, the care is great, and they seem like they've got a good variety of activities. They also do a great job with the food! And the staff are outstanding, I'd rate them higher than a 5 if I could!

The executive director, went above and beyond to make my mom feel comfortable.

They are very friendly for the most part, but there are a few people who can use some work. The outside is very unattractive, looks like an old apartment complex, but when I walked in everything changed. The room is very nice, and for the value I don't think I found a nicer room, and anywhere else would be an extra 2000 dollars a month. The executive director, went above and beyond to make my mom feel comfortable. They have a good schedule for activities. They really are a great place.

We were pleased with this l...

We were pleased with this location. It was clean, the staff was friendly and the residents we saw appeared to be happy. This location would definitely be a top choice albeit a tad too expensive for our budget.

They are pretty good, nobody's perfect but they are pretty good.

They are pretty good, nobody's perfect but they are pretty good. They aren't that fast when the patient pushes the button, but when the family addresses something they are quick on that. The food is good, as far as my loved one is concerned she likes it and they seem to have a pretty good variety.

I think that the adjustment has made ...

I think that the adjustment has made it difficult for my loved one to really participate in the activities, but I know that they do offer them! They go on shopping trips to get groceries and toiletries, and they even took a trip to tour the Air Force Base! The food is incredible! They serve lots of solid food, and always have fresh fruits and vegetables out for grazing! They are also very accomodating with different diets. It's been a great experience so far!

Maybe Better for Active Seniors

My mother-in-law used to live here. It was more just like meals were served and they did your cleaning and you could get more service if you want but when you've got so many people living there you can't really have one-on-one care which is what my mother-in-law really wanted. I think it was designed more for active seniors. Plus, their prices go up so much more when you need more care. Financially she was going to go through her money really quick if she stayed there. It made it really difficult on us because we knew she could take care of her self but she just didn't want to anymore. All the people at Emeritus were really great but the care was going to be more expensive.

Going Very Well

It's going very well for my husband here. It's too expensive but it's going well. He was there originally and I removed him because they raised the price astronomically. He was not happy where he was so I moved him back to Emeritus and I was able to negotiate the price with Emeritus.

Fabulous Place

It is a very clean and pleasant place. Everyone that works there is friendly and helpful

New Mangement

We had a really good experience when we had a loved one here. The community is very clean and they really maintained it well. The hands on staff were really good. The only issue we had was with the management, which has changed since we were here. From what we know it is much better now under the new management.

Emphasis on assisted living accommoda...

Emphasis on assisted living accommodating independent living until that time.

The community director, Patty, is fan...

The community director, Patty, is fantastic. She spent a lot of time with me and answered all of my questions. I liked what I saw and got a good feeling. They offer lots of activities. The residents appear to be well taken care of and happy. GOOD JOB to all who work there.

This was my first choice exceept no c...

This was my first choice exceept no cooking priviledges. Iam not ready to give up cooking completely.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.