Meadowbrook Memory Care - Arlington, TX

Respite/day stay experience at Meadowbrook

The moment I entered Meadowbrook for a tour I felt a sweet spirit about this place. The staff and management seem to have a mission more than a job. They make my husband feel special every time I leave him there for day stays and respite. If/when we need full time care, this will be out first choice. Thank you Meadowbrook for helping us through a difficult time.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Wanda, thank you for choosing Meadowbrook Memory Care Community for your husband’s respite/day care stays. We are ladies and gentleman, serving ladies and gentleman and glad to read that he feels special. I appreciate that you shared your experiences and if we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Margaret, our Executive Director.

We toured this community

We toured this community and it was nice and clean. The staff was helpful and answered all of our questions. It was a really big place and I feel like dad would've gotten lost in here. I saw no nurses in there. The rooms were nice. But it was overwhelming for me. Just wasn't a good fit for my dad.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for writing a review and touring Meadowbrook Memory Care Community. We will send your compliments to our teams and pleased that our staff was helpful and answered all of your questions. I am sorry you missed our nurses, but hope you were able to meet the Director of Resident Services, our head nurse. I hope you find the perfect place for your dad and if we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Margaret, our Executive Director.

Great care and great staff!

Everything is going good here so far. My Dad has been very calm and not as anxious as he was at a previous place and that’s been a big difference. The staff is amazing here and we’re very happy with them. They offer many levels of care so he doesn’t have to move if he needs additional help. They’ll take the residents on scenic drives and to different restaurants. The other residents that are there (that are still able to understand what’s going on) seem to be happy. The room that he has is a semi private room, but he doesn’t have a roommate right now because their occupancy is pretty low. The room is very nice though and it came furnished. Because there’s a free bed in his room, we can come and visit him and stay the night if we want to which is nice. Housekeeping comes by to clean every other day and they help bathe him twice a week. Overall, it’s been very nice and we’ve been very happy with the care that he’s receiving.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for reviewing Meadowbrook Memory Care Community and providing a superb title of Great Care and Great Staff! We love to hear that your dad is calm and less anxious. I will pass along your amazing compliments to our teams and hope that he is enjoying the scenic drives. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Margaret, our Executive Director.

Not that bad of a place.

My loved one is here and so far, everything is going pretty good. There are things that I’d like to change. The staff is easy to communicate with and seem knowledgeable about the type of care that my loved one needs. I haven’t tried the food but I sit with my loved one while they eat and it seems well balanced and nutritious. The facility itself is pretty clean and they provide a lot of activities; there’s always something going on. The other residents are pretty friendly and outgoing and all of the caregivers are pretty good. The best thing to do is just to come here, sit around and look around for a while so you can see if you’ll like it or not. You can really feel the interaction. It’s a hard job to do, they’re going to make mistakes and they’re not always going to do it the way I would but they’ve been good. I would recommend them to others.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for your candid review and recommending Meadowbrook Memory Care Community. We couldn’t agree more that visiting us and watching is one of the best ways to learn. I will pass along your compliments to our knowledgeable and easy-to-communicate staff. The community is busy with activities and offers well-balanced and nutritious meals. We appreciate the feedback and would be grateful if you would call Margaret, our Executive Director if we can serve you in any way.

Very Pleased with our choice

We had to place my husband here and the staff id very good. I've seen a transformation in my husband since he got here. He is more engaged, more alert just more interested in things. He is eating well it smells good and looks good. He gets 3 meals a day and then snacks if he wants them. The staff love his attitude and loves his accent. There is a very large secured courtyard area. I would recommend this community.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for recommending Meadowbrook Memory Care Community, and we are ecstatic to read about your husband’s transformation! I will pass along your review to our staff and share your loved one’s story of his increased engagement and alertness. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Margaret, our Executive Director.

Mom is settling in

I had to move my mom from another state and we found this community for her close to my house so it is convenient. I love the place but there is always room for improvement at any place like this. The caregivers are friendly and care but they do need some more training. The staff has a high turnover and hoping that will improve also. They need to do more rounds to check on my mom. The head nurse is absolutely wonderful. The place stays clean but in my moms room it could be better. The food always smells so good and looks good the kitchen lady works very hard at serving everybody. This has a family unit feel and that is one of the reasons I chose this and the second reason, [removed] the marketing person is very kind and helpful. I would recommend them to my friends and family.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for the feedback and recommending Meadowbrook Memory Care Community. We couldn’t agree more that our caregivers are friendly and caring. I will pass along your compliments to the Director of Resident Services and discuss increasing checks. Our culinary director will love your review, and I will ensure all of our teams respond to your comments. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Margaret, our Executive Director.

A tour for care for mom

I toured this community for the care for my mom. We liked the staff who were friendly. The menu looked good and they seemed healthy. They had a nice list of activities for the residents. We would have liked this community and would recommend that other family your this community for the care of a loved one.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for touring Meadowbrook Memory Care Community. We are happy to read that your tour was nice and that you liked the staff members. I will send your compliments to our teams, including both the Director of Dining Services and our Activities Director. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Kathi our Executive Director.

Love This Community

I'am very pleased with my husbands move to this community. Everything is working out very well, and he is in good hands in this community. The have an amazing staff, and they have been very attentive, to my husband. The are really community looks great, and well-kept. I'am very impressed with this community, and I would recommend it.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for writing a review and recommending Meadowbrook Memory Care Community. We are happy that you are pleased with your husband’s move. I will forward your compliments to our amazing and attentive staff. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Kathi, our Executive Director.

A Nice Tour

The was all nice and I would keep them in mind if anything changes. I was just feeling the Memory Area was more confined and away from everyone. Some of the residents were just sitting around and I didn't see much involvement or activities. The person I toured with was knowledgeable and nice.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for touring Meadowbrook Memory Care Community. I appreciate your review, but curious if some of your tours didn’t blend. We are a dedicated memory care community with a Director of Activities that focus on engaging activities. We hope you find the perfect spot for your loved one. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Kathi, our Executive Director.

A tour for care

The tour here for care was nice. We liked the staff members. The community was clean and the community was nice for others to enjoy the outdoors. The menu of the variety of healthy meals was appealing. The list of activities would have been enjoyable. We would recommend this community for families to tour for the care of a loved one.

Community improvements.

I was not happy with the care from this community. The staff seems not to give alot of attention to the needs or care here. The community was not clean or taken are of. We were not happy with the food. They need improvments. I suggest other families see this community.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for providing your feedback for Meadowbrook Memory Care Community. We are sorry to read that you are not happy and we have implemented several initiatives to address these areas of concern. If we can be of any further assistance, please contact the Executive Director.

We Liked This Community

We used this community for their respite stay experience. Everything went very well for him during that time, and we were pleased with all they did for us. It is nice community with caring people. They have a good staff, and they are great at what they do. We liked this community, and they even invited my father back to continue trying the activities they have available. We will take them up on that offer, because this is a very nice community.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for using our Respite Stay Program and writing about Meadowbrook Memory Care Community. We hope your father has since come back to enjoy the activities. I will pass along your ‘great’ compliments to our caring team members. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Kathi our Executive Director

Institutional Feel

I did not like this community at all. The rooms all surrounded the nurse's stations. The room that my loved one would have been in was small and semi-private. The main thing I did not like about this place was for one they would need to evaluate my mother in law before they could give me a set price. Also, they gave me a long list off all of the stuff they charged extra for such as 25 cents for a band-aid.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for spending a moment and writing a review for Meadowbrook Memory Care Community. Choosing a place for a loved can be challenging, and we appreciate your feedback. Our Director of Resident Services leads our 24 hour licensed nurses, and her evaluation is pivotal to the care of our residents and your loved one. Our number one priority is the care and comfort for our residents, and we wish you luck finding a great community for your mother-in-law. If we can be of any further assistance, please contact the Executive Director.

Respite Care!!

My first impression of the community wasn't very good. I had notified them of the stay of my loved one for respite care and when we arrived they weren't ready. They did however apologize and tried to get things straightened out. They do a good job maintaining the place clean. My loved one thinks the meals are okay.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for spending a few moments writing a review for Meadowbrook Memory Care Community. We do apologize again for not being ready upon your arrival. We understand how our respite care can be a huge relief to families and hope that your loved one's stay was beneficial. We will pass along your review to our teams and if we can be of any further assistance to please contact the Executive Director.

Highly Recommended for Great Care

We are very happy with the care that is given here. The staff is wonderful and caring. The activities are great and help alot. This community is highly recommend for great care.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for spending a few moments writing this review and recommending Meadowbrook Memory Care Community. It is nice to read that you are happy with the care your loved one is receiving. We also love the feedback about our wonderful, caring staff. We will pass along your message to the Director of Activities and continue to provide an atmosphere of comfort. If we can be of further assistance, please contact the Executive Director.

My overall view of Meadowbrook

Very lovely facility. Was disappointed that rooms did not have separate baths. Rooms were spacious and attractive. Staff was very friendly. Very nice dining facility. Director gave good tour of facility and was warm and friendly. Felt that large of a facility would not work for my relative with their dementia as too much of a risk of them falling.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for spending a few moments writing a review for Meadowbrook Memory Care Community. We are so glad you were able to tour, because we know how hard it can be in choosing a place for a loved one. Our companion rooms, while spacious, do share certain amenities such as the bath. We take great pride in our team and the exceptional care that they provide for our residents, and glad to read that they were friendly and informative. We are experts in memory care, and our specialty is providing great service to our residents with all types of dementia, and the risk of falling is a very common concern with families, and that is why every room is equipped with motion detectors. We wish you the best of luck finding a great community. Our door is always open for any future questions.

Very Impressed!!

During my tour of Meadowbrook Memory Care i got to see the whole community. The rooms, dinning room, and activity room. Everything was very nicely organized. The activities were on site and offsite. They are also a pet friendly place. I thought everyone was great and would recommend the community to families.

Improvement

Everyone has been very helpful. Her room is kept clean. She enjoys the view from her room to the courtyard. She has become more verbal since she moved in.

Koelsch Senior Communities

That is so great to learn and thank you for taking a few moments and writing a review about Meadowbrook Memory Care Community. Our number one priority is the care and comfort for our residents, and to know that one of our residents has become more verbal is amazing. We will pass along your comments to our team in regards to the cleanliness and helpful staff. We love those courtyard views as well, and if we can be of further assistance, please contact our Executive Director.

Quality Safe Care

We are very grateful for the quality of care that is being provided.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review for Meadowbrook Memory Care Community. We love to hear about the quality of care that is being provided to your loved one. Dedication to the care of our residents is a top priority. Our friendly and professional staff ensures a high level of compassion and dignity to every family situation. Our door is always open for any future questions or concerns.

Mom Is Doing Well Here

Everything is going really well for my mother since her move into Meadowbrook Memory Care. I am very happy with our choice to move her here. Things are going very well for her, the staff has done a great job with helping her with everything. She has started walking for the first time in 5 years since starting physical therapy at the community. She has made new friends with the other residents. Myself and mom both love the food, it is very good. Overall a great community that I would recommend.

Excellent care

The care was excellent as was the staff. Mom is just not quite there yet and so we moved her to another home, but for anyone who is experiencing a parent in deep Dementia or Alzheimer's, place them there!

Friendly staff and a clean facility

My loved one has only been here a short time, but so far we're very impressed by what we've seen! The facility is always very clean, and it always smells very nice! The care staff is friendly and professional, and they same to take great care of the residents! We're very satisfied with our choice!

They are doing a good job, no concerns.

Our loved one has been here for a little over a month and everything is going quite well. It's clean and the staff is friendly. I don't have any concerns or complaints so far. She seems to be happy and doing well.

State of the art and high tech, but sterile and clinical.

When we went to tour this place, we didn't meet with the normal marketing guy, and it felt a little more sales like. They were very state of the art, and high tech. They had a huge nurses station, and it felt very sterile and clinical. They also had a lot of shared rooms, which wasn't our ideal situation.

Very nice looking place

I've been very impressed with the service provided by Meadowbrook so far. I've seen a few communities in my area and this was the best that I saw, it is a very nice place! The staff are all very friendly and professional, and they've been providing great care for my loved one.
I was also impressed by their dining service, they've got several dining rooms and the food always looks delicious!

It's just a beautiful facility inside and out.

It's just a beautiful facility inside and out. They were extremely clean, and very friendly people. My only complaint was that there was someone we were supposed to meet and she never showed up. When we did meet, she was friendly and professional, and she gave us a tour. Meadowbrook was a little more expensive than where we ended up. We ended up going somewhere that has a little more one on one care, but this is a backup for sure if that doesn't work out.

It's nice and new.

There is a doctor that comes into the building. It's a fairly new building, and really a beautiful place with wide hallways and fairly big rooms. They have activities in the morning and the afternoon, if you get bored it's because you don't want to do anything. They have two T.V. rooms. The communication in the beginning about heath problems was little shakey. The food is usually very good, and looks very attractive. The management staff is all really friendly.

It has been wonderful, it's nice knowing someone checks her every hour.

It has been wonderful, it's nice knowing someone checks her every hour. They are very accommodating. If I am worried about something somebody is right there to take care of it. If there is ever a question or concern they take care of it right away. The meals seem adequate and nutritious.

It's been a pretty good experience

It's been a pretty good experience, and they are a good value compared to the other options we looked at. The response time and attentiveness could be a little better, it took a few days for them to get on top of him being sick and get medication started. I wish there was a little more to do when he is having his good days, I know it can be difficult in a place like this. I think the food is pretty good. The people were extremely friendly, and we liked the openess, it was lighter and brighter and felt more homey and less institutional.

Bright and Open

I like the openness, where her room is is close to everything so she doesn't go very far. Everyone is pretty friendly. They are starting a support group to where once a month I can go in and talk about things and the way things are going, and I think that's a good thing. It's bright, wasn't dark, the hallways and things like that. I've seen her talk with the other people there, and she seems to be socializing, but she does have her moments.

Loved the concept

I had come out here for a alzheimer's/dementia meeting and was walking down the hallways and was really impressed with the facility. I really liked the concept of it and so forth. It's just really open, it's got a light, airy, welcoming feeling, everything is designed for memory care. Just being able to walk around and look at different things, having that flexibility. This would have been considered, but it was out of the area that I wanted to stay in.

Great Community

They are a very nice group of people. They really did a great job helping our loved one get through a very difficult time. They are friendly and keep the community very clean. We are very pleased with them and would recommend them to anyone.

Great! I don't have to worry!

I appreciate that they are responsive to the residents. If you do have a problem you can talk to the management and they will take care of it. There is a variety of food and the activites are okay but if you have someone that is in a wheelchair it can be difficult. I appreciate the financial part - they help you out with the price and you do recieve everything that you're paying for. I can go home and take vacations and not worry about my great aunt. I'm satsified and I think she's satisfied to - she's calling it home. They have a great security system. If someone calls for here they won't tell them that she's there. They'll call me first. They have two dining rooms, sun rooms, walking trails, a salon, a courtyard area, and two nurses stations.

Good place for mom

It is expensive for us, so we haven't been taking her as much, even though she has an income it's a drain on her income, so it kind of puts us in a bind. So right now were okay with it because we aren't taking her everyday, we can tell she enjoys the interaction, even though the first week she was a little upset becuase she thought we were going to lave her there. I would much rather take her to Meadowbrook, I think it's better for her there. She gets down at the house until I come back from work and take her out, at least when she's there she's intereacting with other people. It was one of the closest places to where we live, it was very open and airy, I liked that it didn't have a hospital feel to it, the food there is good, she raves on the food and when she leaves she's happy.

Family owned and it just opened Feb 2013

Meadowbrook is family owned and it is brand new. They just opened in February 2013. Because they are family owned they were able to help us with the pricing. We were looking for memory care for our loved one and this was the best we could find in the area. We really enjoy the family atmosphere they provide we are very happy with Meadowbrook and would recommend them to anyone.

Meadowbrook a Koelsch Senior Community, is exclusively designed for residents with Alzheimer’s Disease and other forms of dementia. Selecting a home for your loved one with memory loss is one the most important decisions you and your family will ever make.

At Meadowbrook we form a supportive partnership with each family to provide the level of care, compassion, and attention your loved one deserves. To facilitate this, we ask for guidance from family members regarding your loved ones needs and personal preferences. We also invite families to bring personal furnishings and items to create a familiar atmosphere for your loved one.

Our 24 hour on-site licensed nurses provide nursing services whether it’s in the middle of the night or on weekends. While some communities utilize nursing assistants or trained-on-the-job med-techs, we have Licensed Nurses providing medication and treatment management. Nurses are on-site 24 hours to make key decisions in emergency situations and recognize changes in a resident's condition.

With local partnerships additional services include therapists, audiologists, Hospice supporting residents through end of life, podiatrist, and others.

Activities are offered 7 days a week that provide mental stimulation, and socialization into everyday life. Therapeutic arts, and crafts, cooking, bible study, exercise, reminiscing, music, and pet therapy are just a few. We encourage families to engage in our activity programs with their loved one. We concentrate on the activities each resident can do rather than those they can no longer perform.

Our Respite (short stay) or Care by the Hour Programs allow family caregivers time away for personal appointments or vacations. Respite Care may also be helpful for medication management, temporary supportive care, and to introduce the services and amenities offered at Meadowbrook.

Koelsch Senior Communities has been serving seniors for over 50 years with the simple philosophy: “Treat each resident with the respect they deserve and the special attention they need.”