Avalon Memory Care - 7200 Hwy 287 - Arlington, TX

Although it is a little pricy, it does compete with other nursing homes in the Arlington area. At Avalon, dad is in a home-like situation in a small building with 22 rooms. In his building there are about 14 patients. He is well cared for and the staff has been there for many years. There is not a lot of turnover in the staff, and that adds stability as one of the benefits of Avalon. They keep him clean, shaved, and treat him with the greatest respect. And they know the residents and their needs.He loves the food there. They gave me a list of the families that have had loved ones there to get feedback.

Jon Seib

Thank you for the 5 star review. We think it is important to offer up a list of current and former family members to one that is contemplating placing their loved one with us. I'm glad that you are happy with our care at our Arlington/ Mansfield location. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do in the future.

The Care For My Mom

We were very satisfied with the community for my mom. They took very good care of her. This was my second time using A Place For Mom and it was very helpful.

Jon Seib

Short but sweet. Thank you for taking the time to leave this review and thank you for letting us take care of your mom.

Compassionate and Loving Care

Three years ago this month, my Daddy had to be moved from a nursing home into another facility because of his Alzheimer's. They could no longer take care of him and they gave me only 1 day to find a place.

I had been praying about Avalon Memory Care in Arlington because it was close to our home. I called and talked with [removed], Vice President of Avalon and he was so awesome to work with, and he was so compassionate and caring. He helped me figure out how to make it all work and we could move him in the next day and work out all of the details then. What a load off my shoulders.

Daddy went home to be with the Lord on August 26, 2017 and from September 2014 until that time, he was cared for and loved by the compassionate caregivers. I never walked in for a visit that he was not dressed for the day except for a time when he had a cold and was in bed. Many times I walked in and one of the caregivers would be dancing with him, or maybe they were just assisting him with hugs and loving concern. Avalon also thought of the families by providing special events throughout the year where we could bring the extended family members together.

Avalon was family for "Mr. [removed] or Papa", as many of them called him. As he lost his ability to carry on a conversation, he began to sing, not words but just a tune, and always the same thing, over and over! Never once did they complain about his constant singing because when he was singing, they knew that he was content with his "family".

Alzheimer's is so difficult to experience the progression of the disease and knowing that he was so well taken care of really lifted the burden of uncertainty. We never worried about his needs being met.

Many thanks to Avalon Memory Care, [removed] and all of the caregivers in Arlington #2 that crossed our paths over the past three years. God truly blessed us and we are so very grateful that He provided our Daddy with such an awesome "home" for the final years of his life. We will never forget all the special memories and loving care received at Avalon.

Love in Christ,

The Family of [removed]

Jon Seib

I cannot begin to thank you enough for allowing us the opportunity to care for your father. Your father will live on in the hearts of our staff that miss him dearly. I also have so enjoyed speaking with you throughout the years as we all went through this journey together. If you ever need anything feel free to reach out. I will never forget you and the love you showed to your father.

Good staff to Resident ratio!

Avalon Memory Care is a very beautiful and clean community. The staff is very welcoming and friendly. They take very good care of my father-in-law. The main reason we chose Avalon Memory Care is because of the staff to resident ratio. There is plenty of staff on hand and so far they have been able to handle all situations that may arise. They quickly clean up any incontinent issues the residents have inside and outside their rooms. They provide nutritious food for the residents. They have activities that residents can participate in. The staff takes my father-in-law on walks outside to enjoy the outdoors. It is a good fit for him and we feel we have made the best choice.

Jon Seib

Thank you for leaving this kind review above. As a family company it is always so nice to read reviews like these. As the reader can see from the other reviews on this site our multi-year staff members are absolute angels. We are so lucky to have made a difference in the lives of our residents and family members now going on 23 years this January. Please let me know if you need anything heading into the future.

We are not happy with this community at this time. The staff does not always reply. This community needs more staff that will be available to assist the residents. The community is clean and the staff are nice and seem to care. We were not able to contact them when needed. The menu is appealing and they have a lot of choices. The staff is very personable and nice. We feel like they are understaffed at night. We would recommend this community to others, but more staff are needed.

Jon Seib

Well......I just finished with a review that praises our excellent staff to resident ratio at this location. Of course this ratio exists at all 31 locations across the State of Texas into Missouri. I know sometimes it can be difficult to reach the home telephonically if all staff members are tending to our resident's needs. This has been addressed and we certainly try our best but ultimately we would prefer to continue with our resident's care needs and communicate back when things slow down a bit and have an opportunity. Thank you for the 5 star review.

For The Most Satisfied with This Care Home

My husband is getting better each day since his move to this care home. For the most I'am satisfied with everything they have done for us. When I come to visit the home, and his room are well maintained. The staff is kind, and they have been attentive, and helpful. Everything is moving in the right direction for us in this care home, and I would recommend it.

Jon Seib

Thank you for recommending us to families looking to place their loved ones here in the Arlington/ Mansfield area. I love these Arlington locations. At the end of the day it is our multi-year staff members that make the difference. I probably sound redundant if the reader is moving from review to review but it is the truth. You can have beautiful smaller home-like environments but ultimately our staff is what makes Avalon special. This is not your constant revolving door of staff that you might see elsewhere. Please let me know if you need anything else in the future.

A great community.

I can not speak highly enough about this community. The caretakers and the hospice nurse have been great. They offer good food with good portions and they have a wide variety of options. They always have fruit on site for the residents. They offer a bible study, exercise class and they do puzzles with the residents. I would highly recommend this community.

Jon Seib

Appreciate you leaving this 5 star review. Words cannot express how happy I am to read this review as well as the other reviews on this site. Our multi-year staff members ,at this location as well as the 31 others locations that we have across Texas into Missouri, are pivotal to our 22 years providing the utmost in care to the population that we serve who are afflicted with a short term memory loss. I wish you and your family the very best.

This is a very good company and facility

We have been so fortunate to entrust the care of our Mother to Avalon. They are a wonderful facility and care greatly for their clients.

The facility is very clean, and the staff is always welcoming, friendly and responsive. We have stopped in several times unannounced and have always received warm welcomes fromthe caretakers and found the facility clean and my Mom well cared for.

We are blessed to have found Avalon and for the care they provide my Mom when she needs it most. Their values, customer service ethic, and pride in what they do shines.

Avalon has my highest recommendation for anyone needing care for these special needs.

Jon Seib

We are so fortunate to be allowed the opportunity to care for your Mother. She is family to us as are you.Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. It means so much.

Very Pleased With My Mom's Care

I was very frustrated where my mom was previously located. I did a Google search on dementia care in Arlington, TX . Avalon was the first place listed. I reviewed their website, in which they happened to offer a Move In special. I spoke with Jon who was very cordial and listened to my concerns and what I was looking for in place for my mom. Once I visited the facility, I was very pleased with the layout and the number of Caregivers ratio to resident. They have the recliners so that the residence can have their feet elevated. This was an absolute plus, because my mom's ankles and feet were swollen and this really helped her tremendously. My mom has been at Avalon for almost 2 weeks and she seems very relaxed and no longer anxious. The staff is very attentive and have been there for longer than 10 years. That says a lot, as Caregiver that they enjoy what they do and really care about the residence.

Jon Seib

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. It is so nice to here that everything is working out well for you and your mother. My father, having started Avalon Memory Care in 1995, really enjoyed me reading these reviews to him until his passing in February. It is not enough to have gorgeous locations but it is the staff that makes the difference at Avalon as you mention above. The stability of decades long angels at Avalon that provide the hands on care is unheard of in this industry for the most part. Peace of mind is what we provide to families and it makes me feel so good to read this. Let me know if you need anything else in the future.

Avalon provides more personal care

We had my Mother in an assisted living. It was a nice place & I really had no problem with them. As my Mother's condition worsened she required more care than the assisted living could provide. Avalon has truly been the answer for her. They have the ability to observe her on a more constant basis due to the number of staff members to patients they have. Nothing but high praise for Avalon and the care they provide.

Jon Seib

Thank you so much for providing us the opportunity to care for your Mother at our Arlington location. Our ratio in these gorgeous secure home like environments allows us the ability to give nothing but the best of care for those afflicted with a dementia of some sort. The praise that you give us via this review we are so thankful for. Take Care.

Informative Tour Guide!!

I received a proper tour of the community from the tour guide. I was amazed of how organized and clean the rooms and the whole community were. The guide showed me the meals available and the activities that are offered. The setup of the place was good for my loved one. The location unfortunately wasn't were i wanted.

Jon Seib

We have 20 other locations across the Metroplex that might be closer but I am sure that Mallory informed you of this. I wish we had a gigantic crane that could pick up our location and move it closer to you as certainly proximity plays a key role in one's decision. Nevertheless, if we can be of any further assistance in the future do not hesitate to reach out. Take Care.

Really like the facility. Very clean and fresh smelling environment. Rooms are very nice, well maintained with nice outside views. Mother is having concerns about the distance she would have to drive from home to visit. She still drives but is 88 years old and really does not like getting on the freeway. Still under consideration.

Jon Seib

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Where exactly does your mother live? We have 20 other locations across the Metroplex, thus, potentially a closer location. My guess is that you were made aware of this pre-tour but just wanted to point it out just in case. We would love to be of assistance. Take Care.

Satisfied with care.

Grounds and outside very nice. Oldest building is getting old -- toilet sounds, slab leak within 2 weeks of moving in. My mother went without shampoo or soap for two weeks until we realized she needed some and we brought it from home. That was a bit of a shocker. Mom says the food is generally good. Touch-key on both entry and exiting areas to provide security to patients. Fortunately mom's room had a twin bed already in it, so mom gets to sleep on that. A small table and lamp was added by the unit a week later. The main area is comfortable, plenty of tables and chairs, as well as a lot of nice recliners and a large screen TV for patients to use, lots of windows in the front to look out of and for the sun to shine in.

Jon Seib

We appreciate the 4 star review. Avalon was able to accommodate your mother in an emergency type situation and although primarily individuals bring in their own furnishings and pictures to make this home for their loved one we were able to provide bedroom furnishings while you were thrust into this situation hastily. This location was completely renovated including all of the bathrooms last year but ,unfortunately, whether it be new construction or an existing location slab leaks can occur. Not much fun.....I agree. We have shampoo and soap on hand and rest assured that during this time frame that you mention above that mom was bathed appropriately as this is what we handle as well as other activities of daily living for over twenty years. Please feel free to reach out to me in the future if I can be of any assistance. Take Care.

Wonderful facility

Avalon Memory Care in Arlington has been wonderful. I always get a "live" person when I call, not an answering machine. Everyone is very professional there and communication is not a problem. The care that my sister in law receives is excellent. She has been in 4 other facilities and the difference in care is substantial. From start to move, Michelle was excellent in the transition phase. The manager and staff are wonderful, caring and compassionate
people. I also like the medical care she receives in house. So far, our experience with Avalon has been great! I don't feel like my sister in law is just another "bed" in a facility of 200 residents. This is a small facility and everyone knows each other. I also see the same staff each time I visit. There is not the usual employee turnover here and there is not the usual "large corporate" feel to this place. I would definitely recommend Avalon.

Jon Seib

Wow! You hit on so many items that really are what make us special as a smaller 18-22 resident home-like environment. I couldn't have said it any better myself. Thank you so much for entrusting us to take care of your sister-in-law. We are so blessed to have the opportunity to help out and hopefully make this difficult time much more manageable for everyone involved. Let us know if you need anything in the future. Take Care.

They are nice people. We are pretty happy there.

They are nice people. We are pretty happy there. They are friendly and it's kept clean. The food is not the greatest in the world, but I imagine it works for their diets. They are very caring, and we don't have anything negative at all to say.

Jon Seib

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave this review. We always strive to provide the optimum in care which includes our meals and snacks/ hydration. Please let us know if there are some specific meals that you would like us to customize for your loved one. Our meals are meant to be the comfort food that most of us have grown up with but if you would like a healthier option for your loved one please reach out. In these smaller environments we can easily prepare something specific for your loved one. Let us know. Take Care.

happy with the care

We are happy with the care at Avalon Memory Care. The staff seems really caring. They give personal care for each resident. I haven't across anything that needs improving there yet. I am pleased with the experience overall.

Jon Seib

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. It is refreshing to know that all is going well and that you have not come across anything that needs improving at this time. Let me know if I can be of any assistance in the future. Take Care.

mom fell 4 times in the first 2 weeks

At Avalon Memory Care mom fell 4 times in the first 2 weeks. So I am not sure how well they are monitoring the residents. We were told they would be arranging perpetual care and we have had trouble getting paperwork settle. Dad needs social engagement at this facility. When my brother went to visit mom was sitting alone in the dark. The staff really need to engage the residents more. They have tried to be helpful when I call to talk to mom. They need some staff education. When I came to visit the hospital a staff member was there with mom, but we probably pay for that. We were lead to believe the staff would be attentive and provide the nursing care that mom needs and this just doesn't seem to be happening. I really hope things will improve. I really want to see them monitoring the residents a lot more.

Jon Seib

Although I appreciate your review it is well known from the local family members that have the ability to visit their parents on a daily basis that there are inaccurate statements that have been posted on this site. The history of falls that your mother had previous to Avalon has been curbed dramatically since her entrance. We cannot prevent all falls as there is not a caregiver behind her at all times but our supervision has prevented many of them. Perpetual care has been arranged. Your father is flourishing at Avalon and is very happy. Our long term staff members know dementia and certainly meet the minimum standard as mandated by the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services but we actually go well above and beyond these licensed standards. Our staff is so incredibly caring that, although not mandated, they go on their off time to visit their " extended families" at the hospital to make sure that they are eating, drinking, and seeing a familiar face at absolutely no cost to the family. Your statement above that " we probably pay for that" seems to be an attempt to create a positive into a negative. This disease and its process can be so difficult not only on the ones afflicted with this disease but on the ones that love them the most. Sometimes we , as the provider, can catch the brunt of this frustration and that is ok. We will continue to care for your parents to the best of our ability knowing that we are not perfect. We are dealing with an imperfect situation but with communication between the local family, the doctors, I promise you that we will provide the most loving care to your parents as we have provided to others for twenty years now. Take Care.

Always willing to help, friendly and available

The Avalon Memory Care community is a really clean place the staffing is friendly and very helpful. Katrina the manager is always available and willing to help, if I text her with a question she responds timely. My brother loves it here. Overall satisfied.

Jon Seib

Thank you for leaving this positive review. Please let us know what we can do to exceed your expectations and reach up to that fifth star. Feel free to reach me at the corporate office and we could set up a care plan to refine the care of your brother. Take care.

This facility is very nice and way out of my price range.

Jon Seib

Thank you very much for the comment above. I wish that price was not a factor in determining whether or not a loved one could reside with us. Unfortunately, that is the reality. Please feel free to contact me directly and maybe I could help you in this process.

- Jon Seib

good so far

Thus far the experience we have had with Avalon Memory Care has been good. We have not had enough of a chance to get fully acclimated yet, and as always there is a little room for improvement, but overall it has been a good experience so far.

Jon Seib

Thank you for leaving a review. I hope that in the time that it has taken for me to respond to your review your loved one has fully acclimatized. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do as relates to improvement however big or small it may be. Take Care.

Everyone there were very helpful in making the transaction easier for my dad and for me. The caregivers are very good to conform to meeting my dad's needs. I met with the house manager after 2 weeks and she discussed how my dad was doing in his new surroundings. I could tell they knew my dad and what he liked.

Jon Seib

We appreciate your review. A care plan within the first two weeks after the resident has made his/her transition is pivotal to refining one's care. The multi-year crew out there really go above and beyond to make sure our residents have the best quality of life possible. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do in the future as we go through this journey together.

We just moved my aunt in their and she stayed their for three days and then passed away. If it wasn't for that I believe this would have been a great place and would have been very pleased.

Jon Seib

I hope you and your family are doing well during this difficult time. Thank you for leaving the positive review. We wish you the very best.

Wonderful place!

Avalon Memory Care is a wonderful place! It was the best decision I ever made placing my loved one here. He is like an entirely different person since moving in! He is comfortable, happy, and just seems more like himself. I would recommend them highly to anyone looking into memory care!

Jon Seib

Thank you so much for leaving this review. We are so thankful that you placed your loved one with us and appreciate your accolades as relates to his care and how it has affected his demeanor. Take Care.

I think they are doing alright.

I think they are doing alright. Overall with where we are in life, I think it's okay. There are a few concerns, like the way they transfer, and the we use can be wheelchair can be difficult. I don't think they have anyone that does wound care out there. They have been great with us. The billing department has been great about working with me. They are super, super, sweet, they will even help me get her in and out of the car when I take her for a visit. It's very, very, clean. The food is very simple, but it always tastes good.

Jon Seib

We appreciate your comments. I will look into getting another in-service on proper transfer techniques. As far as wound care, home health (specifically wound care specialists) are brought out if need be as well as physical therapy, occupational therapy etc. as the need presents itself. Please let us know what we can do to give your loved one 5 star treatment as 4 star is not good enough in my opinion.

great peace of mind

They were very responsive in the beginning, and very easy to deal with to make it a very smooth transition. They were really good at keeping us informed and have given us great peace of mind. It has been a very good experience with Avalon Memory Care.

Jon Seib

Thank you for the review. I am sure that this responsiveness will continue throughout your loved one's stay at Avalon. Happy Holidays!

Avalon did a good job, they were helpful, and friendly.

Avalon did a good job, they were helpful, and friendly. It was clean, and there weren't any real concerns.

Jon Seib

Short and sweet. Thank you for the positive review.

very friendly environment

My dad was only in there about 1.5 months before his passing. I had been caring for him about two years, and he really needed a little extra help than what I alone could provide. I found them to have a very friendly environment. Other people were with him at all times. He was always kept clean and very well kept. The staff knew about him personally. They were also very quick to help out any time there was something that needed attention. Good tenured staff, not a lot of turn-over. They were also very helpful regarding financial matters when things were tight. It was a very positive experience for my dad, and we were peaceful knowing where he was, that he was happy and in good hands. It was really scary for me to let go of him, and Avalon Memory Care provided such a relief!

Jon Seib

Guilt feelings are very difficult to overcome when making a transition. I am glad that you were able to trust in us to care for your dad after caring for him yourself for so long. We appreciate your taking the time to leave this review and wish you and your family the very best.

Kia at 7200

I was told just to pop up and ask for a tour and I did just that. Kia, the house manager was awesome. The place was clean and everyone were so friendly. I moved my dad in and was absolutely pleased of how caring they were. If I had any concerns, I was able to call Kia personally and she was on top of it. My dad spent his final days in a great facility that seem like home. No regrets.

Jon Seib

Kia is amazing as well as the rest of the staff.........so compassionate! Thank you for leaving this review about your experience. We certainly know that there will be times when concerns arise and I am glad that Kia was able to address them. We wish you and your family the very best.

Avalon made it so easy to move mom!

We moved our mother from another memory care facility where the care was not good, Avalon was in the process of building a new home next door and was not going to be ready for a few months. We wanted a room for mother in the new home but couldn't wait so we decided to go ahead and move mom in to this home next door while waiting for completion. I was initially worried about how mom would make the transition but the staff made it so smooth and easy for her and for us. It gave us a great deal of peace of mind. I can't say enough about the staff. Many of their staff have been with Avalon many years. You don't see that often. We know our mother is being cared for by people who really love and adore my mom.

Jon Seib

Thank you so much for your review. Always feel free to call me if there is anyway I can be of assistance.

Outstanding staff

I'm glad we found this place, it ended up being a great decision for us. The staff here really go above and beyond when it comes to care. We felt like they were helping our family as much as our loved one who needed care.
I liked how I was treated even from the first time I contacted them, the first person who answered the phone spoke with me and answered everything that they could, and transferred me to the appropriate person when they couldn't.

Jon Seib

I'm glad that your tour resulted in a your loved one moving into one of our locations in Arlington. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review.

Didn't like the room availability

They were much more expensive and they wanted to put him in a room that didn't ahve a bathroom or shower or anything and it wouldn't have been comfortable at all for him. The room they were offereing was more like a broom closet and I jsut kept thinking, if his care needs went up I wouldn't want to have to move him into the broom closet

Jon Seib

We appreciate you touring our locations in Arlington. Unfortunately when you are at or near capacity there sometimes only exists a room that not be as ideal as some of the others. I can assure the reader that the size of the particular room that is described as a "broom closet" is not the case as all of our rooms exceed the minimum square footage as set forth by the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services. If you have not made a decision as of yet or are not happy with your loved one's current situation please feel free to call back as one of the rooms with a bathroom is available today. Wish you and your family the best.

Encourages people to get out of their rooms

It's very clean, they're very friendly, I can't speak specifically to all the activities but I know they've got her exercising, they've got crafts, they have lots of things and she actually likes being out of her room more than it is which was not the case at the place she was before. One of the cutest things about it is she's always got one of her best friends with her whenever we come to visit.
As far as something I like, they're giving her a lot of attention which, of course, is what I appreaciate a lot, I want someone keeping an eye on her. Her room is smaller but Avalon is much more condusive to being out with the group, I like the face that she's not just in her room.
I would definitely recommend it, you don't need to worry if you come here

Jon Seib

Thank you for the glowing review. Activities can sometime be a challenge for some of our population thus focusing on more one- on- one type activities is beneficial for some of our folk that has them engaging more so and out of their rooms during the day. It definitely is nice to see friendships between residents and staff that lend to a higher quality of life. I am happy that your loved one has been able to connect with another resident. Take care.

Good for People with Dementia

My cousin is happy there but my aunt is not. She's very cognitive and she doesn't fine all the other people to be so cognitive so there is no one that can really hold a conversation with her. My cousin has settled in very well. Everyone is on his level. It's somewhere that he can live the rest of his life but it's not somewhere she would be happy. It doesn't have anything to do with their care, it's just not a great fit for her.

We've had great cooperation from everyone there. It would be a good fit for a person with dementia or Alzheimer's.

Jon Seib

I'm happy that your cousin is doing well at Avalon but let's see what we could do to allow your aunt to be as happy as possible. This site that you posted to just came to my attention and the site is relatively new thus it could be that there is not an issue at this time but would love to help out if I can. Take care.

Sue's excellent!

We chose avalon mostly because of the administrator, Sue, we just hit it right off the bat. She's excellent, she acts like she owns the place herself. Shes there, she takes care of all the residents, she keeps one on one relationships with all of the residents and i really think the world of her. My mom has good days and bad days, but that's apart of the disease. There's a helper, shes kind of Sue's right hand girl there, her names Debbie and she has alot to do with my mom. Shes great. It was the first place we checked and sometimes you're led to where youre supposed to be.

Jon Seib

Thank you for your review Dale. Sue is definitely a gem and it is nice to hear accolades as it relates to the staff that make Avalon what it is. Wish you the very best.

Very Accommodating

The staff is extremely friendly. We are very happy with them and could not have found a better place. The staff is caring and they go out of their way to make things happen. They are very accommodating. When I leave I do not worry about my loved one. We are very pleased with them.

Jon Seib

One of the best things that I get to hear is that when a family member leaves the location that do not have to worry. Thank you for leaving this review. It means a lot.

Looking for mom

Have only toured one other place, which was a combination assisted living w/ a memory care unit. Avalon is only Alz residents and each home reminded me of a home my mother lived in at one time, open floor plan and inclusive. Most residents are not stuck or hid in their rooms they are socializing or doing an activity or watching TV in a living room, just like they would if they were home. I have never seen or heard of other places like this and feel comfortable knowing they are with other residents like them and treated with the dignity and respect like they deserve. We eventually placed a deposit and just moved mom in. The personnel have so far been helpful with her transition and the 'white lies' we had to use to make sure this was not an awful transition.

Jon Seib

The "non-confrontational" approach is key in decreasing agitation associated with this population. There is no reason to say anything to one of our residents that could cause them to be unhappy or upset. Thank you for bringing up this pivotal idea of what is commonly referred to as "therapeutic fibbing" that allows our residents to be as happy as can be. If the reader would like to learn more about this technique feel free to go to our site and give me a call especially if you are trying to care for your loved one yourself. It will make your life easier as you navigate your way through some of the symptoms associated with Alzheimer's/ dementia.

The best decision by far.

My siblings and I moved Dad into the Avalon Alzheimer's Care facility in Irving, Tx. Michelle at the Arlington facility was my first contact with this community. She moved heaven and earth to make this possible for us. Dad has only been a resident in Irving for 14 days. In that short time, we have seen a remarkable improvement in his health and overall demeanor. Sue Boyd, the director in Irving, is absolutely wonderful. The staff is so attentive and personally committed to their tasks. The home cooked food is so appetizing and Dad's appitite has just amazed us all. Overall, it comes down to caring. Not only is the home beautiful, but perfectly suited to Alzheimer's patients as is everything they do for the residents. I cannot say enough good things about Avalon. The peace of mind knowing how well Dad is cared for is priceless.

Jon Seib

Wow. Thank you for specifically naming some of the folk that work at Avalon that have made this process easier for you and your family. It is great to hear about the improvement that your father has experienced at Avalon.

Very impressed with everything I saw ...

Very impressed with everything I saw and heard. Staff ratio;nice rooms. Alz specific care. Would not move Dad. Room is close to common area. $300/month for incontenence care-covers everything needed. Willing to work with us on $ issues. $500 dep-refundable if not moved in. Only problem is shower would not accomidate wheelchair, but they would take him to another shower.

Jon Seib

We appreciate you touring our location. We are currently renovating some of our showers that have that three or four inch lips on the showers that make it less accommodating. I realize that you left this review some time ago but this site just came to my attention. Please reconsider Avalon if you are still in need. Take Care.

AVALON has earned a reputation in the Dallas/Fort Worth area for providing the highest quality of care that money can buy. Our reputation is largely due to our well-trained and attentive staff. We have highly qualified and well-trained caregivers who care sincerely about their work and the people with whom they come in contact. Many are Certified Nurses Assistants and all of them have been pre-screened and have fingerprint clearance from the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services. Our staff receives continuous training and supervision in all areas of resident care and relations.