Avalon Memory Care - 7204 Hwy 287 - Arlington, TX

Lack of proper supervision

I give them 2 stars for cleanliness. We were fortunate to live close by so we could stop in at all hours. One Friday we stopped in and my 95 year old father was being fed hot dogs - with something on the side that looked like chili. Wow!
Soon after he fell, and we removed him to a location where he was supervised better.

[name removed]

My Father

I want to say how wonderful Avalon Memory Care was for our family. My father was at Avalon and in my heart I knew that our family placed our father in the right place. When our father was passing the workers came into his room to say goodbye to him, There were 2 workers that were not working that came to see him that night. The workers love their patients like family. I know that Dad was care for like family. Avalon Memory in Arlington was great and can be trusted.

Jon Seib

I cannot begin to thank you enough for allowing us the opportunity to care for your father. The staff there do miss him dearly. Please reach out if we can be of any assistance in the future. Take Care.

their care is excellent

I think their care is excellent at Avalon Memory Care. My mother-in-law has remarked many times at how kind everyone is. She has been calmer and happier than she has been anywhere else. I will say when we first talked about moving in we were told there would be more support services if she needed go to the hospital and that ended up not being the case. I really am overall very pleased with this facility.

Jon Seib

Thank you for the positive review. I absolutely love this location and the staff that make it what it is. Please feel free to reach out to me at the corporate office as relates to the comment about going to the hospital so that we can address it. A lot of what we do is behind the scenes to insure that your loved one receives what is needed at the hospital then transition back quickly to their structured environment at Avalon with people that know her needs and wants. I am happy that you are pleased with your decision. Take care.

pleased

The one problem I have is that they do not handle the laundry very well. They have lost a few of her clothes int he process, so things could be done more efficiently there.

Other than that I have been very well pleased. The staff there is incredibly friendly and it is a very nice and clean facility.

Jon Seib

Thank you for the 4.5 star review. The item that I am most happy to hear about is the friendly staff. I would certainly agree with you there. I will discuss with our personnel a more efficient way of handling laundry. I appreciate you letting me know. Happy New Year!

could not recommend

My mother does not have memory care issues, and they assured me that there were others there as well that did not have memory care issues, that that was just the name of the place but that they had other such residents that she could interact with. That was not the case at all.

The care services for my mom did not go good at all. My mom was supposed to be cleaned when she was not and had urine soaked sheets to sleep with, etc.

The people there seem friendly and it is a very nice facility, but the quality of the care and the fact that we were misled on what to expect made it a very negative experience. I could not recommend Avalon Memory Care.

Jon Seib

We have not been in business for over twenty years misleading people I can assure you. As seen by all of the reviews around this one, the vast majority of folk are extremely satisfied with our care in these smaller home-like environments. I can also assure you that our staff is top notch and we go to great lengths to retain our resident's dignity. I apologize if you came in one day to sheets that had urine on them. Sometimes when dealing with incontinence this will occur. I wish you and your family the best as you navigate care options for your mother.

A Loving and Caring Home

This center was my first contact with Avalon. I met with Michelle and she was extremely helpful, knowledgeable, but mostly compassionate. She referred me to Avalon in Irving, TX where we moved our Dad. From the moment we arrived, my siblings and I had no doubts that we had found the perfect place for Dad. Sue [Removed], Director, and the entire staff were simply wonderful. Sue always told us that she and her staff treated the residents as they would treat their own loved ones, and that was certainly true. I cannot express our family's gratitude enough. There aren't enough words. Simply suffice it to say that we would and do recommend this Care Center as the absolute best anyone could ever want. I appreciate this opportunity to share our experience with Avalon. My heart will always be grateful.

Jon Seib

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Sue was promoted within the company but our Director Catrina Cooper carries on the Avalon tradition of providing for a caring and compassionate environment. Catrina has actually been with us since 1997! Sorry for the delay in response but this review just appeared on this site for me to respond to although it states that you had written it back in 2014. Anyway, again, thank you for allowing us the opportunity to care for your father.

They have been wonderful.

They have been wonderful. They are a good value, and they were one of the few places that were able to accommodate the care we needed. The food and the activities are just as good as everything else. We are pretty happy with them.

Jon Seib

Thank you for your review. It is nice to hear that we are a good value and that you are happy with us. Appreciate you and you family.

The facility is lovely!

The facility is lovely! They have a large quantity of staff, with a ratio of four staff for 11-12 residents. It's kept very clean, and the food is fresh and not frozen. It's way better than where she was before. The activities are the big thing, they have an activities schedule but they don't always happen. Other than that I don't really have any complaints.

Jon Seib

Thank you for leaving an honest and informative review. You bring up a good point as far as activities are concerned. Although a schedule exists we have to take into account the residents at this particular location and accommodate their needs. Individualized or small group activities tend to assist with some of our residents mental and physical stimulation needs rather than the larger group activities. We will continue to find different ways to keep our residents activity levels up. Again, thank you for the review.

My experience with Avalon Memory Care...

My experience with Avalon Memory Care has been good. The staff does a good job, and they keep the place nice and clean. I've had the food only once, but it was pretty good. My son seems to enjoy it for the most part. Overall I'm satisfied with their services.

Jon Seib

Thank you very much for the positive review. IF there is anything else we can do to elevate this experience to a five star level just let us know. Take Care.

Very nice facility with workers that help your loved one feel at home. Many family members are relieved that our mother has moved to a wonderful home to live her life.

Wonderful! Only hiccup was the first roommate our sweet mother had was blaring everyone out of her room with her TV. The workers were wonderful in helping her move to another room with a sweet roommate.

Jon Seib

I am glad we were able to find a roommate for your mother that was more compatible. Let us know if you need anything else. Thank you for the review.

So grateful for Avalon!

My mom moved to Avalon in June after being asked to leave another memory care. The place she was at before only wanted to take care of people who sat all day or would stay in their rooms. My mom is still walking and she wanders. That is one of the reasons we could no longer handle her care at home. When we were looking for a place, the previous memory care just told us stuff they thought we wanted to hear. Once she actually moved in, nothing was like they had promised. That has NOT been the case at Avalon. They go out of their way to pay attention to her specific needs. The staff treat her like family and make us feel so comfortable and welcome. It's been a wonderful experience. I actually feel ok when I leave from visiting knowing that she is in good hands.

Jon Seib

David- We are so thankful that you put your trust in us to care for your loved one......such nice comments. Please let me know if we can be of any further assistance at any time concerning anything related to your mother's care. Take Care.

Things have been pretty good so far.

Things have been pretty good so far. It's very clean, and bright, and the staff is really friendly. I would give the food a four. When I was looking around, it was between two places, The people at both places were exceptionally friendly, they really represented their care well, and seemed to be really caring. The space here was really clean and bright and happy feeling, the overall environment is what made this the one we chose.

Jon Seib

Thank you for providing the public with this review. If there is anything in the future that we can do to be exceptionally good rather than pretty good we would love to hear these concerns. Thank you for your communication.

They are great!

They are great! The staff is very clean. Taking the overall care and the services into consideration, the price is very good. We have had good communications with them, it was better when Sue was there, her assistant Cheryl has really stepped up, she has been very good in Sue's absence. They are quick to get in touch with me, and have been quick to answer my questions. I've only had one complaint, and when it to Sue, she was quick to come up with a solution. I have been very impressed with the doctor there, Doctor Rivas. I've been very impressed with him, he calls and asks me questions, he really took an interest. They are very caring and very respectful. They don't have cords for around their neck, but they have monitors and all we had to do was ask. There hasn't been one staff member that I haven't been impressed by, they have been very patient and kind, and they just speak to the residents with patience and confusion.

Jon Seib

Thank you for your review of actually our Irving location. It is so nice to hear that Cheryl is doing well and that you are happy with all of our staff. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do as needs change. Take Care.

I haven't been very happy with them.

I haven't been very happy with them. I haven't been impressed, considering the way that they marketed their facility. They say that they will do certain things, and they don't happen. I have found multiple accidents and messes that haven't been cleaned properly. I expect better attention to the cleanliness. I wouldn't recommend them. I really think that if you are very involved and really keep an eye out, if your loved one has an advocate for their care that will be nearby, it would be a good idea.

Jon Seib

I hope that we have been able to address your concerns if they have been communicated to us. We pride ourselves on having a very clean happy home which based upon all of the reviews around this one the reader can see that this is the case. If your loved one is still with us at Avalon feel free to call me at the office. I would love to get a care plan set up as our goal at Avalon is for everyone, resident and family member, to be happy. Take Care.

Mom and Dad

To date we are very pleased with Avalon! This is our third facility and this is far better than the big 'corporate' places!! We feel they are taking good care of our mom and dad! It is always clean and staff is always friendly and helpful.

Jon Seib

We appreciate you taking the time to leave this review. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do to make this experience as pleasurable as possible for everyone involved.

Avalon Alzheimer's Care

So thankful Place for Mom sent us to Avalon ALZHEIMER'S Care. Our intake coordinator saw that my husband needed extra care, and the service we received was just what he needed. Staff was able to handle him during difficult episodes, and was always polite and helpful.

Jon Seib

Thank you for taking the timing to leave this review. We want the reader to know that we are very successful with taking care of folk that have differing agitating moments. Our non-confrontational approach allows us the ability to provide a better quality of life.to these residents.

Very nice place

Avalon has been just wonderful so far! It's a lovely place, and the staff have all been incredibly helpful. The woman who worked with us before we moved our loved one in, Michelle, was so helpful and so knowledgeable about dementia and Alzheimer's care. Overall we're just very pleased with how they've handled everything!

Jon Seib

Thank you for the review. Appreciate the time it takes to acknowledge the folk out there in Arlington that actually give the hands-on care. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do to make this experience as pleasurable as possible for all parties.

Avalon Rocks!

Our mom has only been in Avalon for two weeks. She was not happy about being placed anywhere other than her home, but she says it is a very nice place with a wonderful staff and great food. Trust me, that is a H.U.G.E. compliment from my mother.

Jon Seib

It is so nice to hear that your mother is making an adjustment. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do to help out in any form or fashion. Take Care.

No regrets

I started the search for a place for Mom and was referred to Avalon. I was impressed with the amount of time the director spent with me. Overall cleanliness is very good; the staff were friendly and the residents seemed happy. I visited about 10 sites and Avalon was one of two where I did not see sick residents sitting in the hall looking sad. It was also comforting to know that the maximum number of residents at the site is 22; so the staff will not be overburdened. After visiting my Mom I am very pleased with having her at Avalon.

Jon Seib

Thank you for leaving your review. I am so happy you are pleased with your decision. If there is anything else that we can do just let us know.

My mom lived here for 8 years

My mom moved into Avalon when she had mid stages of dementia. She was diagnosed in her 60's and this was very devastating to our family. Mom was asked to leave 3 other facilities due to agitation before coming to live at Avalon. Once we moved her, it was like a flip of a switch. The staff knew how to work with her and it made all the difference. Mom lived there 8 1/2 years and they cared for my mom all the way until she passed. Abena, one of the care-givers, took care of my mom all those years. My mom was like family and the staff became like family to us. This is such a horrible disease and it is so hard on the family. I can't imagine my mom having been anywhere else but Avalon

Jon Seib

I just finished answering a review from someone that had a great experience with us that was only with us for a short time utilizing hospice. On the other end of the spectrum is Mike that had his mom with us for may years. Thank you for trusting in us to give the best quality of life to your mother. You are one of many family members that went through the process of their loved one being kicked out of many places until coming to Avalon. It is always good to hear that cycle ceasing to exist after coming to Avalon. Wish you and your family the very best.

In Response to review written below.

My dad was at Avalon until he passed away several months ago. His care was amazing and now my mom is living at Avalon. There was a comment made below by a Tim R. I recognized who that must be immediately. You need only to take his so called "opinions" with a grain of salt. I spent a lot of time in the home and knew this family member. He was so completely ungrateful, unappreciative, rude and degrading to the staff and nothing would make him happy. I felt so bad for the girls when he would come in and treat them so badly. I really had to bite my tongue more than once. It's people like that who are so miserable with their own life that they feel like they have to tear everyone apart. I saw his mom daily and saw firsthand how his mother was cared for. The girls adored his mother and he should have been so grateful but he was just rude, hateful and incredibly unprofessional.

Jon Seib

JR……appreciate you bringing this to the attention of the reader of these reviews. I can only say this: Families who struggle through this typically 7-10 year process can result in them going through tough times emotionally as well as financially. We are very thankful that tim r allowed us the opportunity to care for his mother and wish him the very best as he continues to deal with the loss of his dear mother.

True Blessing!

My dad was diagnosed with Parkinson's and later developed dementia related to the Parkinson's. Mother had been taking care of him at home but then she stared to have memory issues of her own. The thing that impressed me the most, right of the bat, was that the staff really understood his disease and the differences and needs he had. It was hard to make the move from home, but Michelle and the staff made this so easy for us. We were amazed and so happy to find that he was treated as an individual. What he wanted and liked, mattered to the staff. My daddy always loved buttermilk and Lou Ann who cooks, always made sure daddy had this. It was just all the little things that brightened his day. He was there 3 1/2 years until he passed away. He was surrounded by people who loved him and the familiar faces he came know, love and trust. My mom is now currently a resident. I would highly recommend Avalon for the care of your loved one. They were such a blessing!

Jon Seib

Thank you so much for this review. I cannot think of a better testament to the individualized care that we provide at Avalon than allowing us the opportunity to care for both of your parents at different times. Blessings to you and your family.

Excellent care

My loved one was only here a short time for hospice care, but what they were able to provide for us was wonderful. The staff were friendly and caring, and the facility itself was well kept and clean.

Jon Seib

Thank you very much for your review and thank you so much for allowing us to care for your loved one during this difficult time. I wish you and your family the very best.

Avalon Alzheimers Care Arlington - REVIEW

I am so impressed so far with this facility. The living center itself is very nice and the care providers in his house have been very helpful and kind. Most importantly, our Early Onset Alzheimers loved-one has adjusted far better than we expected and is happy is his new surroundings.

Jon Seib

Many of our family members are amazed how their loved one's transition is much easier than anticipated at Avalon. Via our non-confrontational approach in this smaller home-like environment this can occur. Thank you for your review.

Avalon in Arlington

Avalon is amazing. Communicative, caring, sincere and smart. So far so good. My mother seems at peace for the first time in months. My Place for Mom advisor is also the best - she was a true blessing.

Jon Seib

I love how these reviews revolve around our caring staff. Anyone can build a gorgeous environment but it is our long serving staff members that make us who we are. Thank you for the review.

AVALON has earned a reputation in the Dallas/Fort Worth area for providing the highest quality of care that money can buy. Our reputation is largely due to our well-trained and attentive staff. We have highly qualified and well-trained caregivers who care sincerely about their work and the people with whom they come in contact. Many are Certified Nurses Assistants and all of them have been pre-screened and have fingerprint clearance from the Texas Department of Human Services. Our staff receives continuous training and supervision in all areas of resident care and relations.