Avalon Memory Care -7140 - Arlington, TX

Love this place Dad seems to have no problems they take good care of him

Jon Seib

Short but sweet! We are so thankful to have the opportunity of caring for your father..Thanks for taking the time to let folk on the web know about the quality care we provide at our Arlington/ Mansfield location. We are now at 23 years of taking care of folk with a short term memory loss in a secure environment!

A tour

I toured this community for the care for my mom. I liked the staff who were available to answer my questions. The community was clean and maintained. It did appear that they had activites. I wanted a smaller community for my mom's care. Over all families would like this for a good place and a good value.

Jon Seib

Thank you for your tour. We typically have between 15-18 residents residing at this location keeping a 1:5 ratio of care staff to resident. Our Director and our many multi-year staff members at this gorgeous location are truly amazing as shows in the reviews on this site. Thank you again for coming out to tour.

My mother's care

I am very happy with the care that my mom is getting from the nice and caring staff that are available. They do have some activities that are offered. The meals seem to be alot of chicken alot and a little too often it is served. I would suggest that families check out this community for a smaller yet nice community for good care.

Jon Seib

Thank you for taking the time to leave this 5 star review. I will check with our Culinary Director and see what can be tweaked as relates to the menu. Diversity in the food offering is what we are interested in as well. Appreciate you allowing us the opportunity to care for your mother.

Thankful for the care of our Mom

It has been over 7 months since my mom passed away and I regret that I am just getting around to writing a review. The process of moving my mom from her home that she loved, was one of the hardest decisions our family has ever had to face. We were anxious, sad and felt like we had failed by not being able to take care of her at home any longer. The staff walked us through this very hard process. Once she was there, we could focus on her, not having to do all the caregiving alone. The staff were so loving and worked really hard to accomodate her in all areas of her care. We are so thankful for the care she recieved. I would reccoomed Avalon to anyone needing care for their loved one.

Sharee,
Thank you for the positive review. There is nothing tougher then making that decision to " let go" and have your mother be taken care of by someone other than yourself. We are grateful that you found us and even more grateful to have been blessed with the presence of your mother while she was with us. I wish you and your family the very best.

Extremely expensive! Only 2 rates: semi pvt - 5675.00 and pvt - 6475.00/month. This facility is very nice open kitchen, nice large rooms. Larry was very knowledgable and friendly. We felt like we could be apart of the family. Place for advanced memory care. Not for our mother though.

Jon Seib

Thank you for taking the time to visit us. To provide the 24/7 care in these smaller home-like environments and maintain a staff of multi year compassionate caregivers there is a certain rate that we must attain. I think as you continue to tour that you will find that we are about mid- range in price. I know that I am biased, but now in our 20th year of providing dementia care throughout the Metroplex, I feel that we are prepared for any situation that this disease and its process creates. We have two other locations on this same property that all have different functioning levels and will be starting on the 4th location there in about two months. Again, thank you for your review.

Found the right fit!

After movimg my mother several times I finally found Avalon. It is very important to find a good fit for your loved one. Not just any place is right because it says memory care! A place for mom helped me find a good fit for my mom!

Jon Seib

It is so nice to read this review. I am glad you were able to find us and that you consider Avalon a great fit. You hit the nail on the head....anyone can say that they are memory care but it is about finding caring compassionate individuals that know this disease and its progression as well as the right group of residents that are along the same functioning level as your loved one that makes a difference. Take Care.

Found the right fit!

Jon Seib

This seems to be a duplicate of your previous review, but, again thank you for telling it like it is!!!

very nice

My dad has been there at Avalon Memory Care since the middle of October. They have all been very nice to dad and the rest of us. They go out of their way to make sure that all our questions are answered and all our needs have been met.

Jon Seib

Thank you for the review. It is nice to hear accolades concerning our staff. You can have a beautiful location but without caring and compassionate long term staff members that give the hands on care we would be nothing. Take Care.

Home for Dad

My father-in-law has been a resident in Avalon for over a year now. We were so lost when it came to knowing what to do. Dad was living at home and we knew he was not safe but we were so anxious about moving him. The staff helped us step by step through the process. He has been so content and we know that when we leave that his is in good hands. In fact, when we bring him home for the day or out for lunch, he is always anxious to get back "home". The staff are so caring and love him like family.

Jon Seib

It makes me warm inside seeing this review. Thank you so much for leaving it. To take a horrible situation a year or so ago concerning your father-in-law and turn it into as much of a positive as we can is what we are here for. To have this forum to actually read about this taking place is music to my ears. Thank you for trusting in us to care fro your father-in-law.

Great experience at Avalon

I moved my mom from another "upscale" memory care right down the road. Where mother was at before, the staff seemed indifferent and just there to do the bare minimum. When we moved mom to Avalon, the staff took an interest in who mom really is. They know all of the important details that make her day special...from how she likes her coffee to what time of day she would rather bath. When you walk through the door, you really feel the love. Before moving, mom was spending her day in her room and sleeping a great deal. Now she is up and spending her day engaged with the staff and other residents. I feel peace of mind knowing that when I leave, she is in the hands of people who truly love my mom.

Jon Seib

Setting up a care plan in the beginning to figure out all these details is essential. With the small amount of individuals we take care of at any one of our 19 locations we truly can meet their needs. Thank you for bring up the flexibility that we must achieve to allow for our resident's happiness.

AVALON has earned a reputation in the Dallas/Fort Worth area for providing the highest quality of care that money can buy. Our reputation is largely due to our well-trained and attentive staff. We have highly qualified and well-trained caregivers who care sincerely about their work and the people with whom they come in contact. Many are Certified Nurses Assistants and all of them have been pre-screened and have fingerprint clearance from the Texas Department of Human Services. Our staff receives continuous training and supervision in all areas of resident care and relations.