Brookdale Pecan Park - Arlington, TX

Brookdale Pecan Park - Arlington, TX has yet not published prices.

street map for Brookdale Pecan Park - Arlington, TX

A tour for care

We like the care that if offered her for the residents.The staff is always very caring to the needs of the residents. We know that the community is clean and offer a lot of activities. The menu is very good. we would recommend this community to other families.

LOVE THIS PLACE, IT'S ONE OF THE BEST!!!

We were looking for a place for my mom and we met with [Removed] 1st then [Removed]. My husband & I were shown around. Everyone was so sweet & helpful. The facility was more like home, so clean, everyone was soooooo friendly and caring. I have looked at many many places but I don't believe my mom would get better care anywhere. After viewing so many other places I have developed a better understanding of what a great caring facility is suppose to be like. We could tell by talking many times with [Removed] that they have an understanding and deep love for the aging process. I know they will & would do anything to make everyday a wonderful day for my mom.

A good experience!

My father was at Brookdale Pecan Park for respite, and they did a good job. I feel that I would recommend them because when you walk in, there is a lightness to the facility. It is sizable and airy. It is a very nice place.

Love this property!!

My loved one has really been liking her experience at this community. It ended up being the perfect fit for her and she has made her self right at home. She did say there are some improvements that could be made to the food but she is really enjoying her dinning experience and the company of the other ladies at her table. I like that even though my aunt often keeps to her self and does not participate in many activities they are always inviting her and making sure she is included in the different events.

Satisfaction Guaranteed

The Sales Director was very good at helping and finding us what we needed for my mom. She was very good with meeting my mom. It has been a big help having the community close to our house. My mom is very happy with everything. Although mom is not to engaging with activities it is available for her. It is very clean and very nice within the community.

They offered apartments on the second floor, which residents can use the elevator. These were unfurnished apartments. Amy was very friendly and helpful. The added security to the front door was a plus.

Awesome Experience!

Love everything about it!!

Care for mom

My mom is doing well here with the great staff that are very caring and helpful. She is not participating at this time, but they are available. She is very happy with the meals. The staff is making sure that she is very comfortable at all times. I feel good knowing she is happy here with the care. I would recommend this outstanding to other families for outstand care and value.

A new home for mom

After my dad passed away it was obvious to the family that my mother could not continue to live independently. We chose Brookdale Pecan Park for her because of the pleasant setting and proximity to our home. It turned out to be a great decision for many other reasons. After a brief period of adjustment, Mom began participating in all activities and had become a member of the community. We visited on an almost daily basis and found the facilities were always clean and well maintained, and the staff was competent, caring and respectful. Mom enjoyed the good food and the companionship of peers. Pecan Park became a place Mom felt comfortable, safe and content. We knew it was the right place when after spending a Sunday afternoon at our house, she was eager to return to the place she now called home.

4 Stars

We are no longer there at the Brookdale Pecan Park because my loved one needed more help than they were able to provide and also they did not have any more room in their memory care unit for her to stay.

It was really good.

It was really good. We didn't have any complaints, things worked out well. I would score them very highly and give them a five.

things here are okay.

At Brookdale Pecan Park my parents have had a hard time adapting. We are not raving about this facility but it's not bad either. The response time is sometimes good and sometimes not. My mom has a hard time finding the right staff members to get help with any issues. She will ask one person and then they tell her to ask someone else. Overall things here are okay.

They were wonderful.

They were wonderful. We didn't have any complaints about food, or activities, or anything really. I think they deserve a five. We chose them mostly because of how incredibly nice the person I spoke to was.

I'd recommend Brookdale Pecan Park.

They have done a great job. Brookdale has done everything they could, but having a regimented schedule is tough for my loved one. Socializing at meal times has also been a struggle for my loved one. They have been very responsive, and I have been very happy with them. They have probably done the best job of anywhere we have worked with. I'd recommend Brookdale Pecan Park. The staff has been great, but it's not the right place for us.

nice place, friendly staff, few areas for improvement

They are really good at communicating to me and keeping me updated on how mom is doing. It is a very lovely clean facility, very nicely decorated. The staff all has a friendly demeanor.

There are, however, a few things that need to be improved. Their laundry service, for one, is terrible. I keep losing stuff and getting stuff that doesn't belong to my mom. Yesterday I went to go pick up some of her laundry myself and a lot of her stuff is just gone, and I don't know where they are.

Also, I signed a contract to lock in a certain rate, yet before I paid for the first month I get a letter in the mail that the rate is going up. That is not right, and I am going to be fighting it. I have heard of another resident that has had two increases within a year, which is insane for someone who is on a fixed income.

But at the same time, I am glad that they accepted her, and I do think that overall it is a nice place to be.

clinical side is great, business side needs improvement

I feel the care givers at Brookdale Pecan Park have really tried to get to know my dad and take care of him well.

On the downside, the business office seems horribly disorganized. They send me a huge bill, I ask for the details of what makes the bill what it is, and they deny, which I think is ridiculous. For the money that this costs I expect to know the details of what I am paying for. Then for December I call to get a confirmation of what I owe and they give me three different numbers.

Aside from the business office, it has been a good experience. On the clinical side they are great. On the business side, they need some improvements.

Definitely safety was a concern.

There was clearly not enough staff here. First thing in the morning there would be 3-4 staff in the building, after 2:30 there would be only two staff for roughly 40+ people. There were a couple of staff members that never stopped, they worked their hearts out. Needless to say the turnover rate was big here. The training wasn't very good here, especially for dementia, most of it was just one page of information. I don't feel it was safe there. The food was awful! It went from being incredible food to being awful. They started reheating the food in another building and then bringing it over. They went through 4 CEO's in the two years we were there. They removed medications my loved one was taking, without any communications with me. There were just a lot of safety issues here.

Review of Broadway Plaza At Pecan Park Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Arlington, TX

We visited last Thursday;Candis was delightful and spent a long time talking to us. She said that an ALF was not what we should be searching for at this time. I appreciated her honesty and willingness to help us. The facility and grounds are lovely and the staff and residents all seemed happy and content!

My experience with Broadway Plaza at ...

My experience with Broadway Plaza at Pecan Park had been good. The people are wonderful, and the food is great! The facility is always spotless, and everyone there seems very happy being there. There were a few details about their services that they were not too clear on, such as what days the bus runs and doesn't run. Besides that, all had been great.

This was in our top two.

This was in our top two. The staff was friendly and they seemed okay, but, there were a few reasons we chose the other one over this one. This was not a dedicated memory care community. They have a memory care building, but they aren't only memory care, the other place was. This was also just a little more run down, it could use some upgrading, maybe some new carpet or fresh paint. It wasn't very open and they didn't have as large of an area to roam. They also didn't have many men there, it was mostly women.

Broadway Plaza-No

At first I was impressed with Broadway Plaza. It is very pretty and clean, with nice rooms, and the cost was good. We put our father who had alzheimers, there. Then, the problems started. There were a couple of "issues" he was involved in. Then, the emergency room trips started for him falling. He injured his head and broke bones. After about the 3rd emergency room trip with injuries, it was obvious they were not watching him. He was recovering from a broken hip and walking was out of the question. Since there was no supervision he kept walking, and falling. End of story, we moved him from BP into Avalon in Mansfield. More expensive, but wonderful. He stay there till he passed. Bottom line, I don't recommend Broadway Plaza.

Very caring people!

Our loved one is on a respite stay with broadway Plaza. The Staff jumped over hoops to find him a place and make his room homey. Our experience was unique because Dad's condition worsened during the move from rehab. We considered moving him to a different unit but the director was afraid that might make him down slide further. Communication amidst the staff shifts could be improved as my Dad's needs often fell through the cracks. Most of the aides were great, but were limited in patient care time by all their duties in serving meals and cleaning the dining room and kitchen. My Dad only had one bath in his first thirty days.

Different Levels of Care!

We are so impressed with this community! So far, everything has been great! The only suggestion we have would be to maybe hire more caregivers, and create a smaller ratio to the residents. Other than that, we are very pleased. We really like the fact that there are different levels of dementia and they are not all grouped together. We found that other memory care homes were depressing because all of the residents were grouped together. Here, they can move from one building to the other as the needs progress, but the residents are around others at a similar stage.

Looked nice, lacking a few things we wanted

We toured this location when we were looking into senior living for a loved one. This place looked nice enough, and the staff were friendly, but the in-room amenities were a little lacking. All they had available at the time of our search were studio apartments, and the units did not have full sized refrigerators.

The person that contacted me was fant...

The person that contacted me was fantastically helpful!!!

ENORMOUS rooms, quiet halls, tons of ...

ENORMOUS rooms, quiet halls, tons of great room spaces for different gatherings. It would be my personal choice. But it?s a little on the quiet, affluent side for Dad. He needs more activities, and less hallways to navigate. I really liked the Marti, and spent a lot of time in the vast properties. Beautiful place. Even met the retired Arlington Mayor Vandergriff (also a retired Judge)?.whose auto dealerships I have frequented over the years. Kinda like meeting a retired president! He helped extend the visit, but was a real treat to meet.

Pros: staff, well trained, diet c...

Pros: staff, well trained, diet considerations.Level 2 facility Cons: studio rooms only,very little storage, Upstairs- one hall - may be too long if placed at the end of the hall. Gathering area was at the front door downstairs.

Broadway Plaza at Pecan Park provides a range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Personalized Assisted Living, with the promise of Respect for Individual Preferences. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.