Brookdale Lake Arlington - Arlington, TX

Brookdale provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

The staff here meets all of your needs and overall I think this facility is fine. I am very pleased with the cleanliness and I give them a 5-star rating on that alone. I notice the residents along with my loved ones participating in activities. They have music entertainment, movies, and games that they can play. They also seem to enjoy the food that they provide as well. I definitely recommend this property to other families that are looking into their options.

Nice Place, but not a Good Fit

I toured Brookdale while looking for a place for my loved one. The people there were very, very nice, but it was an older property, and it didn’t have the comfortable feel that I was looking for. I just wasn’t sure it would be a good fit for my loved one.

It was great for them

My in-law's stayed here for a couple of years and they have passed on now. But this community was great for them. We were happy with them. They were very responsive. Always Looking out for them made us feel reassured. My father-in-law would get physical therapy and he would do the exercise classes. We also had home health come and check on them. The food was good. I would recommend this community actually we did and they are there now.

Well staffed

Mom does not like the food at this community. The staff are friendly, encouraging and quick to respond when the residents call for assistance. The community is clean and pleasant. I would recommend taking a look at this community.

A tour for comfort

I toured this community for my father's care.The staff was very helpful and we liked seeing that they take care of the community and it was very clean.They have a nice menu with healthy meals. We would suggest that other families tour this community for the care for a loved one.

Enjoyable Environment!!

My loved one has recently made the move into this community and so far things are going well for her. The staff have been easy to work with and I am comfortable with the quality of care she has been provided. She has been enjoying the meals as well as few of the activities they have throughout the week with the other residents. Overall we are pleased with her experience and would recommend it to anyone.

Check it out

This seemed like a nice community when I visited. This community is a little larger as it has two stories. The room I saw had an alcove for a kitchen and we were looking for a larger room. The staff we met were friendly. This community is more established for memory care than the community we chose.

Very likable. My sister was very skeptical when she visited. The idea of a retirement community had not become acceptable to her, although once all facilities were visited, this facility was amongst the top three.

very impressed with the marketing director; she took time to ask/answer questions before the tour. This place is very expensive and only goes up and must give a 60 day notice of move out. Price is nowhere near online published prices. Very high "community fee" of $2,500. Once your savings are gone, you are out because they don't take medicaid. The carpets were dirty and there was an odor in hallways. [Removed] was extremely helpful and nice though!

Nice Staff!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken of this community for my loved one. The staff where very friendly and made sure to accommodate our needs with lots of information and answers. They had a nice floor plan with lots of great amenities to the residents it was just not the right fit for my mom in the end decision.

It was really good. Lots of interaction with residents. Too far from my house.

Friendly staff!

I also toured Brookdale Lake Arlington along with many other communities and the tour guide did a good job. They were able to answer all of my questions and give me good information. The facility itself was clean and seemed to be maintained well.

This facility was in our top 2. It is beautiful and the grounds were very well maintained. The staff was very friendly and provided the information we were looking for. The living quarters were very nice. And, was well within our budget. The only reason this facility was not chosen was because we wanted a place that was a little closer to home. I would certainly entertain the idea of moving my mother to this facility in the event her circumstances change.

Very nice place!

So far we're very pleased with how things have turned out at Brookdale Lake Arlington! It's a nice looking, well kept, and secure community, and my parents seem to have settled in very well! Dad was particularly impressed with the promptness and availability of the maintenance staff. They had some late night plumbing issues and Dad was able to walk downstairs and find someone to help at 3am!

Brookdale Lake Arlington - home at ladt!

This place is amazing! The staff knew the name of every resident and could not be more helpfil. The individual apartments are beautiful and spacious. The residents are always doing something and everyone is happy. Everyone makes u feel at home.

I Took A Tour!!

When i took a tour of the Brookdale Lake Arlington community i felt that the memory care area needed some renovation done to it. The prices they had were very high. The person that took me around to tour the community was attentive and very knowledgeable about what the community offered.

No complaints of tour!!

My loved one and I had a really nice tour of this community, the staff was very welcoming and made sure to take the time to answer any questions in detail we had for them. The facility was very well maintained and all of the bedrooms looked very clean with lots of natural light throughout the apartment.

Activities Offered Onsite

I had a nice tour of this facility. The community looked nice and clean. The staff I met was informative and answered my questions. They do offer nice activities on site. It was a nice experience. Unfortunately this wasn't the community for my aunt and her needs. It is a nice place with kind people.

Unfriendly Staff!!

Some of the staff has not been very friendly. They have been giving me bad attitudes. The community is kept very clean and organized. The meals need more taste to them the food service is good. I have been participating in activities and i am enjoying them. I feel that i am in a safe place and i'm just hoping the attitudes of the staff change so i can be in a positive atmosphere.

The sales staff Betsy and Jeff was good!!!

The receptionist and staff at Brookdale Lake Arlington are nice. Mom is in independent living and they help her with her medication. I liked the food I ate while I was visiting. They have exercise classes, singers that come in and various other activities. I would recommend this community. Lee Ann from A Place for Mom was very helpful.

engaging staff

The atmosphere is very friendly and inviting. The whole facility itself is inviting. My mom really likes it there. The staff if engaging with the residents there.

Friendly staff

Everyone seems friendly and I like the staff. No complaints.

My brother is very happy

My brother is very happy at Brookdale Lake Arlington. He told me on Sunday that he was really glad that I encouraged him to go there. The only minor thing has has mentioned is he said the food isn't quite as good as it was at the facility he was in before. But he said its good enough really. He has some residents that he sits with at lunch that are very nice. He is fitting in really well at this facility. I am really pleased with everything here.

There was nothing specific wrong with it

I toured here, I didn't like it. There was nothing specific wrong with it that I could put my finger on, it just didn't feel like the right place for me. The main problem is its location. It is too close to where a member of my family lives, and I want to be close to them, but not that close!

Was not impressed

Wasn't impressed with them. It wasn't as clean as it could be. The bathroom had mold around the shower. Not what I expected for the price. The people, they weren't doing much with the residents. They told me they were putting in a dorm-sized fridge into the room we looked at. Mom uses a walker and to me that's more of a fall risk. It just wasn't up to my expectations at all.

He loves it and they have been wonderful.

He loves it and they have been wonderful. No place is perfect but they are pretty darn good. The people were very nice, and the price is competitive when compared with other places. They are the only ones, that if you already receive aide and attendance, they will help you work that out until you can get everything moved and settled. I would recommend it anybody.

Review of Horizon Bay Arlington Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Arlington, TX

Toured after Arlington Plaza 9/29 330p. This is a definite possibility. Clean, attractive, well maintained property. Limited availability though. Met with Lou. Not as many activities as Watercrest but could be a good choice pending availability.

Watch out for bait and switch tactics

I was quoted one price for an apartment, but the contract was for $250.00 more. I was told I misunderstood. I had all of mother's possessions in a UHaul truck and had to find another place for her. We settled at Arlington Plaza. They have done everything we have asked and more. The only problem we encountered there was, mother's name was misspelled when A Place for Mom referred her and they had difficulty correcting it for the contract.

Exceeded expectations

We could not be happier with our experience, both during the search process and now that Mom and Dad have been residents for a month and a half. Our sales representative, Kendra, was and is outstanding. She could not have been more helpful in walking us through the process. All of the residents seem to very happy there, and the staff is tireless in arranging activities to participate in. Mom and Dad, just being there for six weeks, as still feeling their way along, but we consider ourselves extremely fortunate to have found Horizon Bay.

Nice looking place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I was very impressed by what I saw here, they are a very nice community and would have been a good second choice. The staff were all very friendly, and the facility itself was clean and well kept. They were, however, a bit on the pricier side.

Very nice place!

We've had a great experience at Horizon Bay, I'd give them top marks across the board! The facility itself is clean and well kept, and the apartments are nice. The staff are all very friendly, and have been very helpful and caring! They obviously really care about the residents and their well being.

Nice looking place!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for my loved one. This community was my personal favorite out of those that we saw, but we left the decision up to my loved one and she chose another. I really liked the look of the place, the staff were friendly, and they appeared to a good variety of activities and transportation services.

Scheduled a tour through th...

Scheduled a tour through the website. They kept us waiting over 30 mins and didn't have anyone available other than the chef. Very unprofessional and disorganized.

Would not recommend

Our experience at Horizon Bay was not a good one. We moved her in right before a holiday weekend, and when we came to visit her during that time we could not find a single staff member after wandering the halls for quite some time. I also did not like the way they treated my loved one, it was very impersonal. She was still very sharp mentally and the care staff would often speak about her like she wasn't in the room.
Even after moving out we had trouble with them, after not receiving the final bill I had to call them to find out where it was and make sure it got paid. And all throughout this process I felt their customer service was poor, I don't felt like they took any responsibility for or address any of the issues we had.

So far they’ve done everything they said they would.

So far they’ve done everything they said they would. My mother has said she likes the food. The parking is good. There are outdoor areas for people to sit in. They play bingo and stuff. It’s very clean and the staff is very friendly. I don’t have any complaints.

Doing a good job so far

My loved one seems to be doing well here. It's a nice looking place, and the rooms are a good size. The staff are friendly and they always keep it looking well kept and clean inside. They seem to do a good job with the care as well. They also appear to have a good variety of activities for the residents, although my loved one doesn't participate much at this point.

It wasn't too clean and it was really large.

It wasn’t too clean and it was really large. The Alzheimers part was just a tiny section, there were different sections in other buildings. The building goes from one street clear to another street. This wasn’t really the right fit for us.

The people were nice and it was clean. It was great!

The people were nice and it was clean. It was great! The staff is very friendly they know the residents, and become friends with not only the resident, but the family as well. They are very personable people and very family oriented.

They didn't have to, but they did!

We were only there one night but the place was great and the management really worked with me. They even refunded our money because of the situation. They didn't have to do that and they did. Great for the night we were there and for the time we dealt with management!

We don't really partake in the activi...

We don't really partake in the activities, but they are available. I think they are doing a great job. I would mainly say we chose just the location, just the best location for our family.

Very Good

My dad was in independent living which is a whole different situation. The independent living was very good and I thought the price was okay.

Evening and Weekend Personnel is Not Good

We probably would not recommend them and it's not that it's not a nice place. It's clean and the food is good and the daytime personnel are wonderful. It's the evening and weekend personnel that are not good. It's supposed to be assisted living and we have to pay extra for bathing and all the other things that need to be done. That's over and above what they charge for the room and we don't mind paying if they were going to do what they're supposed to do. We constantly have to be on them to make sure they give my dad a bath. My dad has a call button and it can take them 30 minutes to respond. Dad has some dementia so maybe he might push the button more than he should be that's neither here nor there. He's fallen and they didn't respond. My sister found him.

People are nice and their service as far as food and cleanliness is good but the helpers are not what they should be. As long as it's someone who doesn't need much help it's a good place but if you need help with anything very much you can forget it.

Thoughtful People

The seemed to be very nice and very thoughtful people but by the time I looked at them I had already decided on another place.

Staff appears qualified, pa...

Staff appears qualified, patient, and happy to work with alz patients. A big plus is that they take them on outings regularly. Also was pleased with the semi private room because Mom likes her privacy and she would have a closed door to her bedroom but there is also a shared space in the middle.

Best Value

We chose Horizon Bay in Arlington because it was the best value. They offer a lot of care services for the price. It is located in a quiet residential area.

Very Home Like

We chose Horizon Bay for our loved ones because of the size of the community we thought it would make it easier for our loved ones to get around. It seemed like our loved ones and the residents here had more in common then at another community. Horizon Bay really provides a home like feeling so our loved ones were able to immediately make it home. There seems to be a change in the dining staff and it seems to be upsetting the residents. They were used to the old dining staff and the old menu, seems like the menu hasn't too many different things that the residents are not use to and it doesn't taste very good. We are very happy with this community and it being so close to home is just a bonus. We would recommend Horizon Bay to anyone.

We like this community and is set in ...

We like this community and is set in a nice residential area. They certainly have all the care that is needed now and in the future.

I liked Horizon Bay very much--manage...

I liked Horizon Bay very much--manager is nice, facility appealing and "user-friendly."

I visited here on Tues. 9-13. Spoke w...

I visited here on Tues. 9-13. Spoke w/the director; good pts. friendly staff, newer facility, theater rm has actual theater seats & screen, optional ovens in apts., Max can come, no covered prkg-reserved prkg, lgr facility, beautiful landscaping around facility, seems like a hotel

I visited here on Tues. 9-13. Spoke w...

I visited here on Tues. 9-13. Spoke w/director; good pts. friendly staff, newer facility, theater rm has actual theater seats & screen, optional ovens in apts., dog can come, no covered prkg-reserved prkg, lgr facility, beautiful landscaping around facility, seems like a hotel

Secondary care from GP property - Typ...

Secondary care from GP property - Type B Facility. Worth a look since Dad will eventually need this level of care.