Meadow Woods Assisted Living - Bloomington, MN

After 2 Years - still liking it

My Mom has been at Meadow Woods for two years and the experience has been great. The staff is very good and they have responded to her needs quickly when anything comes up. I'd say they are above average when it comes to keeping me informed of what's going on with her. She's been over to the rehab center and back a couple of times - having it so close is very helpful.

The facility is a little dated (one of the elevators keeps going out of service) but I can tell they are working hard to keep things nice.

The food is great - I've had some meals with Mom that are restaurant-quality.

the staff has been real helpful

Meadow Woods Assisted Living has overall been a good experience. The staff has been real helpful and the outreach director has been really helpful. They do have the same activities over and over again. Other than that things are going well.

Friendly, accommodating staff

I think they do a great job at Meadow Woods! The staff here is very friendly and easy to work with. They've been very accommodating in regards to some billing issues we've had in regards to getting funding with the VA straightened out. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they do a great job looking after the people who live here!

Great Expectations

From the very start, touring & explaining what Meadow Woods had to offer, I was impressed. Then meeting the nurses who would be caring for my loved one, I felt secure. Meadow Woods is a lovely place, both staff & residents are friendly. Now that my loved one is there for a little over two weeks--no disappointments at all. Meadow Woods has fulfilled all expectations. Things continue to go very well. Her cares are all met, the nursing staff in Memory Care are very kind & polite towards my loved one who is not always polite in return. So for that I am very grateful, I can see where she may decide to enjoy all the activities offered. I'm so glad Pat didn't give up on me, & lead me to get to Meadow Woods to see all that they had to offer.

They seem to be doing a good job so far.

They seem to be doing a good job so far. I don't really have any specific complaints. I think their food is pretty good. I would rate them about a four.

Review of Meadow Woods Assisted Living Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Bloomington, MN

Meadow Woods has everything my father-in-law needs and then some. The staff, especially Janelle, is friendly and kind. The common areas are clean and clutter free. The apartments are well kept. The residents were happy and well cared for.

It was ok, but not for our ...

It was ok, but not for our Mom. We are looking for a one bedroom with a kitchen and Meadow Woods does not have kitchens or kitchenettes. The rooms are extremely small. It was the extremely cold day and for some reason they told the residents to stay in their rooms. I found this disturbing. You'd think they would be providing MORE activities for the residents, not less.

Small but doable. No kitchen. Bring m...

Small but doable. No kitchen. Bring mini fridge & microwave. Dinner dining really pushed. Seating charts to encourage like minded friendships. Good location. Woodsy area Elem school near.

Very adequate but living areas are sm...

Very adequate but living areas are small.

Private pay only. If after 2 yrs all ...

Private pay only. If after 2 yrs all assets have been used, would move resident into elderly waiver unit. Then cares and assistances would be covered by elderly waiver; resident would pay rent. Now it is $840/mo; could change in 2 yrs. Studio $3000/1-bedroom $3300 starting plus add'l care. All units have walk-in showers. 3 meals + 1 snack daily. On Tues and Thurs free van transportation for 4 hours.

Meadow Woods, an assisted living residence located in a quiet Bloomington neighborhood on the Minnesota River bluffs, offers the perfect combination of independence and personal care.

We encourage your independence by providing choices. Select your floor plan, bring your own furnishings, choose a selection from the menu, come and go as you please.
Whether you choose a one bedroom, studio, or shared suite, your life at Meadow Woods includes three delicious meals a day, housekeeping, linen service, and activities to keep you as busy and productive as you want to be.

If you or a spouse need rehabilitation services, it's a comfort to know Martin Luther Manor is right next door. Their solid reputation of more than forty years experience provides peace of mind for today and the times ahead.