Very nice!

When I toured Sunrise of Edina, I thought it was a nice community. Everyone was friendly and informative. They would not take my loved one because he would fall too much.

Tour went Well

I had a good tour of this community. Everyone was very kind to my family, and myself. From what I saw everything looked clean, and nice. The staff was friendly, and polite. The experience was a pleasant one. I did find other community that suited our needs better, but my tour of the community went well.

Not my favorite!

When I toured the Sunrise of Edina, I thought that the spaces were very small. There was little to no privacy and the place was a bit crummy. It was not the best fit for my mother. The staff was all very friendly.

Okay Tour

Overall my tour of this was okay. I would say there is some room for improvement with the cleanliness. Also the community could use some updating. The staff was friendly, but this was not the community for my mother, and her needs.

Good Tour

Very nice tour

So far, so good!

My loved one is doing very well at the Sunrise of Edina. What we liked the most when selecting this community was the location, it is very close to our home. My loved one has only been there for a short period of time, but so far it is going well.

Sunrise of Edina gets my recommendation!!

Mom is doing well at Sunrise. The staff are very good. This is a smaller community so the residents get more individual attention. The food is good and they offer a lot of daily activities. They keep the community clean.

We like it!

The staff has been great and very helpful. The food is good also and mom likes it. The only thing that I have a problem with is that they do not dust her room. I also don't like that they don't really keep her hygiene up as I would like them too.

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents and staff. Please contact us at information (at) sunriseseniorliving.com so that we can learn more. –The Sunrise Team

Over The Top Community!!

One thing i really like about the community is the friendly atmosphere. The communication with the staff is wonderful. My husband definitely seems to be enjoying his meals. The community is kept nice and tidy. I would absolutely recommend this place to other families.

Love the neighborhood idea. Love the philosophy of discouraging residence of staying in their room.

Great Community

We are very please with Sunrise of Edina. Staff is friendly, facility is clean, food is great as well. Overall a great place to live.

Friendly staff

Sunrise of Edina's staff is always observant and attentive to all mine and my families needs. Its always clean and smells clean too

friendly staff

The care services they provide is very good. The friendliness of the staff is overwhelming. They are very nice and friendly. The activities are good when you participate. They offer several activities.

We were very impressed.

We were very impressed. Unfortunately our loved one passed away the day before she was able to move in. They were very good about working with us, through the set up and refunded our money without any issues.

Warm and inviting

The staff is very attentive and caring. This is a nice, clean and homey facility. It seems to be a comfortable place for the people here. Everyone (including the residents) is just so friendly and seem so happy to be here. Warm and inviting.

Erin was great. We have decided to move our mother here. Our tour, the interactions with other staff members and the programming look great. It also seems affordable to our family. Thanks...

Supportive tight knit community centered environment

I really like this place. It seems to put an emphasis on community. The care managers are upbeat and responsive and communication with nursing staff is always available. Its one of those places where you can feel good at knowing your parent is in a caring supportive environment during these years. That said, my mom who is 90, is struggling with her transition from home owner, to living in a group environment. Its not easy on her. Since for many elders losing total control over one's environment brings personal dissatisfaction, I am confident that she is getting the best attention and treatment on a consistent basis. I visit almost daily so I know the staff, the dining experience and the routine and so far I think this is an excellent facility.

Great Place

We toured this facility for our mother. We met Janet and Ismarelda and both were very helpful. We haven't made our decision yet but we will definitely give it top consideration.

Very Pleased

We are just very pleased. My aunt has been a complete turn around since the first month she has been there. Everyone has been wonderful. They are very caring and compassionate people. Everything has been excellent. The facility is nice and clean. The value is great. The care givers do a great job at making sure the residents are safe and well taken care of. They have a variety of activities to choose from.

Erin Wombacher was my guide.... she too did a very nice job. she also is very knowledgeable about dementia, elder care, medicare, hospice, and different resources. The place is lovely and they have a very nice coffee bistro with free coffee, cookies and popcorn always available.
Nice restaurant style dining as well... still money is a big issue for us. I'm hoping to avoid spending all our savings! Yikes. I'll still keep checking.

We are pretty happy with them.

We are pretty happy with them. The staff is really friendly they definitely get a five. Overall they do a good job with the food, but they don't make their own salad dressing, that would be our biggest complaint.

Excellent

The place for comfort/care is excellent...very friendly staff, helpful, food is excellent, answer all questions for you or put you in touch with someone who can/will find you the answers.

Reminds us of being in a real home just lots of extra guests.

I checked out several places in the area and this one for price and location can't be beat.

We are very happy with the care or Mom/Mother-in-law is receiving.

Nice, provide good care, involve patient in lots of activities

We looked at several places; this one was much closer to home than the others; it is convenient.
They take good care of her medications. The people who care for her are very nice. They do work well with me on concerns about her care.
They go out on outings; they take them to different restaurants, the arboretum, fishing at a local lake.
My wife is in the memory unit, so limited in what she can do. They have therapists come in and work with her. They have people come in and play music, do singalong with music from their era. They have exercise sessions in the afternoon. Sometimes they do little baking projects.
The only thing I really don't like about it is the food. Personally I think it could be better tasting.
It's a pleasant place, and the people are very nice.

So far they are doing a great job.

So far they are doing a great job. It's kept very clean, and the staff is friendly. They are responsive, and attentive, and they provide plenty of activities. The food is good, no complaints there. I think they could improve on communication, they said after about two or three weeks we would get together and reassess, it's been six weeks and we have had to pursue this ourselves. We felt that they really stood out when we took the tour, it was the cleanest of the places we saw, and felt the least institutional, and the people were all pretty terrific.

Things seem to be going well

Things seem to be going well overall at Sunrise of Edina! She doesn't want for anything, and is as happy as she can be. The staff are friendly and caring, and do as well as they can for the residents.

They do the best they can.

It's seems like they don't do enough vacuuming. The staff is wonderful. We have some special needs so it ran higher than we thought. The care is very good. They try their best to keep them engaged, but it's difficult with the dementia. The food is okay, we don't have any complaints.

Very nice, small facility. ...

Very nice, small facility. A homey environment.

Very nice place!

Up until recently we've had a very good experience with Sunrise of Edina! Things have gotten a little shaky recently since they are going through a big staff turnover, but we are hoping the quality remains the same. It's a nice looking, well kept, and clean facility, and the staff have all been very friendly. My family members and I all agree that our loved one really seems to be thriving here! She has shown all sorts of improvement!

Billing concerns

They only issue we had with them is that their billing has issues, double billing. The staff is friendly. We didn’t have any trouble finding parking or with the laundry service at all. My loved one was only there for a short time.

Overall we are pretty pleased.

Overall we are pretty pleased. The food is wonderful there, it's homemade, he's a chef, they even have a pastry chef. There have been some laundry mix-ups. There are a lot of different staff positions you need to deal with. I'm not always sure who to contact. I can talk to the sales rep at any time, and she will field our concerns, and she is very friendly. I feel that she is very well taken care of. I liked that when I waked in it felt like I was walking into someones home, and the cheeriness, and I like the locations. I also liked that they would come and get her for activities. They are good the first week or so to make sure she can find her way around. I noticed that they will talk face to face, and not from above them. They don't take elderly waiver, they will help you find another place, if the money runs out. They do have a nurse on staff that has been really good about communicating with me, she is aware of the residents and who they are. They also have specialists that come in.

Sunlight at Sunrise

The staff were exceptional, warm and welcoming. I felt like family from the first phone call. Many thanks to Erin and Lynda for understanding our predicament and moving quickly and with passion. The room is warm, inviting and homey.

Very nice place, and very accommodating

We only used them for a short time, but they were wonderful to work with, I would give them a 6 out of 5 if I could! The care situation for my loved one was somewhat unusual for them, but they were more than happy to work with us and find a solution that worked out well for everyone, which I really appreciated.

It smelled good when we first walked in.

It smelled good when we first walked in. The people were friendly. They had a cat and now they have a new dog. The animals made the atmosphere nice. The place is nice and big. The food is good, and it's like going into the restaraunt, you have a couple of things on the menu to choose from and they come and serve you. I did have to make myself heard a little bit to get a few things going. It's one of the few places where everybody has been there a few years, so they can keep their employees. It is pretty expensive though.

Looked very nice during the tour

We toured this location when we were looking into options for my Dad. We were very impressed with this place, it looked great and everyone was very friendly. One woman in particular, I believe her name was Pat, was amazingly helpful. This community catered to those with a higher level of care than we were looking for for Dad, but I have a friend who have loved ones here and they love it!

Mom is Comfortable

It seems like the way that they manage the facility is really good. They do a good job with the residents, and my mom is really happy there. It was really tough to get her to feel comfortable, and they did an excellent job of it. They had a good special when we moved her in last Fall, so that helped with the cost. The only problem is that when she runs out of her own money, she wont be able to stay there anymore. They don't do any sort of Medicaid spend down, but most of the private places are like.

Nice Place

Nice Place

Took a tour. Rooms too sma...

Took a tour. Rooms too small and cost too much!

This is a wonderful place.

This is a wonderful place.

great facility and the staf...

great facility and the staff seems to care and be involved with the residents. had a fire alarm go off during our visit and staff did great with residents...cost is $9860/mon...high

Nice, seems like good care ...

Nice, seems like good care being given but the physical setting is too fancy for our family to feel comfortable in.

Professional and Compassionate staff

The staff is very professional yet they are very compassionate. You can tell they truly enjoy working here. The community is very clean and the food here is very good. One of their policies is to say "Yes". If you ask for something or need something they try their hardest to say yes and make it happen. They have different sizes of apartment, our loved one has a medium and that fits him just fine. They have lots of activities, they recently had a family picnic and you could invite as many people as you wanted, the best part is that it was all free for the families. We are very pleased with Sunrise and would recommend them to anyone.

Smaller building, homey, cozy, small ...

Smaller building, homey, cozy, small apts (88 about 30% Independent), park-like grounds, France Ave between 494 & Crosstown, no garage, very pet friendly (house dog and cat), $10 day walking, kitchenettes, porches, Bistro, Happy Staff, home cooked food (no frozen), special diets, No move-in fee, 1-3 months wait for 1BRAlso in Roseville, Golden Valley and Minnetonka

Smaller building, homey, cozy, small ...

Smaller building, homey, cozy, small apts (88 about 40% Independent), park-like grounds, France Ave between 494 & Crosstown, no garage, very pet friendly (house dog and cat), $10 day walking, kitchenettes, porches, Bistro, Happy Staff, home cooked food (no frozen), special diets, No move-in fee, 1-3 months wait for 1BR

Nice, bright, cheerful but no EW. If ...

Nice, bright, cheerful but no EW. If it had EW it would be an option.

A wonderful facility. They can do rehab.

A wonderful facility. They can do rehab.

Just assisted living, no stove in ver...

Just assisted living, no stove in very tiny kitchen.