Expensive places aren't necessarily the best.

A friend's relative resided there in her later years so I looked at the York's website and reviewed a marketing package. I did not proceed further with a visit because my friend's relative had her medications [Removed] as well as other issues such as inaccurate billing. It was also more expensive compared to others I was considering.

Great Caregiver to Resident, but Long Hallways

I toured York Gardens on behalf of my husband, and while I did like the low resident to caregiver ration, I was not comfortable with the very long hallways there. Each hallway had about 20 rooms in between with no place to for residents to stop and rest. I would have rather they had little sitting areas in between.

York Gardens couldn't handle my dad so they had to change him to memory care. In memory care he was surrounded by crazy people that were really irritating him. The staff were nice good people, they were just a little overwhelmed. They really were super kind people and they did try but I really think they have staffing issues. Overall it just wasn't the place for him and we pulled him out.

It's fine. I would give them a great!

It's fine. I would give them a great! No major complaints so far.

Great Staff. Friendly Community.

York Gardens community is a wonderful facility. My mom resided here for 2 1/2 weeks. The staff did a greet job will my mom resided there. Very caring people. The community is warm and friendly and the staff is very considerate. I would definitely recommend this community to seniors, who are still up and around and able to move around independently. The food was amazing, the facility was clean and bright. Very satisfied.

A beautiful, warm and friendly transitional home for Mom

York Gardens was a wonderful transitional home for my mother as she was recovering from a fall. Almost immediately upon arrival she was warmly welcomed by a resident and invited to be escorted to the dining area for lunch. It made an uncomfortable transition easy and comfortable. As a family we enjoyed visiting Mom at her new home and having lunch in the Bistro or taking in a movie upstairs in the theater. We were very impressed with the beautiful decore of the bui lding and the constant care given to the gardens and pots outside. It amazed us how many opportunities there were for Mom to go on day trips through-out the Twin Cities or participate in activities and exercise programs with-in the building. We were able to select the level of assistance she needed by their a`la cart options and this was very reassuring as she slowly gained strength and her blood pressure leveled out. The management was kind and flexible with us as we needed to change our move out date twice. We would have loved for Mom to stay at York Gardens if she would have needed the assistance and had not already owned a condo elsewhere. There is no question we would highly recommend this home for friends or family looking for a wonderful community with assisted living options!

The best choice for our needs

A residence that gives a person dignity and more than just a room . My spouse is safe and comfortable .

York Gardens is Outstanding!!

My mother and father have been in York Gardens since December of 2012 and we are all delighted.

The facility is top notch in every way however this is minor compared to the high quality of care they are receiving. Everyone from the nursing staff, activity coordinators and business office take a personal interest into the needs of my parents.

The culture, love and caring for mom and dad has meant so much to our whole family.

I could not proved a more enthusiastic endorsement!

Happy Place

My mother, age 92, moved into York Gardens in August of 2013, and she loves living there. Her assisted living apartment is very comfortable. She enjoys participating in many of the activities...exercise classes, church services, weekly van trips to local sites, and social gatherings. There is a lot for her to look forward to. It is a very social place where the residents feel at home with each other and the staff. The building and grounds are beautiful. Residents often sit around the fireplace together after supper to visit. In the summer, there are lovely patios to sit outside. I have spent a lot of time there, visiting her 4-5 times/ week, so I have gotten to know the place and the residents. I have only good things to say about the staff, I'm impressed with the exercise programs and many activities, the food is good, and I love the vibe. I think it's a very high quality place.

Would not recommend to anyone

At York Gardens you make a Care Plan for the services you want your loved ones to receive. We did that for our parents and the staff regularly skipped providing the services laid out in the plan because they were "too busy." My parents were left sitting in their easy chairs facing a wall after getting dressed in the morning until they were taken for mealtime and then returned to stare at the same wall until the next mealtime. The Care Plan specified the time and channel for staff to turn on the tv for my parents. The staff would wheel them in front of the tv and then wouldn't bother to turn it on. This past January they informed us they had a "new way of invoicing", it was actually a $40,000 a year rate hike, without adding any additional services. One of my loved ones had to be tested weekly to see if their medication needed adjustment, after leaving here we found out the tests were never performed. We had a horrible experience here and would not recommend this place to anybody.