Village Shores - Richfield, MN

They are under a total renovation and along with upgrading all units have added amenities that are important to my mother. Had a wonderful tour, had lunch in the dining hall [yum!]. Very open, light-filled, friendly staff - made eye contact. Pleasant residents, seemed very happy. LOVE the fact that it is 'attached' to a medical clinic!

Exercise room with new equipment

My brother and I simply love this community. My brother has made a lot of friends already and the people have been very nice. [Removed], a staff member, is so helpful. They have many options of care types at this facility: independent living, assisted living, and I believe memory care as well. Because my brother is in independent living, housekeeping cleans his room upon request. He does have the option to have them clean it regularly for a set price. They do a great job in keeping the entire community clean even though they are in the midst of renovation. With my brother being in a wheelchair, it is not difficult at all for him to get around. They also have grocery carts out by the front door and carts in the garage to help assist tenants with groceries or large loads they need help transferring. I know that they offer a lot of activities and they have many amenities available. They have games, bingo, a crafts room, and an exercise room with all kinds of brand new exercise equipment. They have regular get togethers all the time and social coffee hours at 3:00pm. For the price, amenities offered, and the renovations that they are in the process in, it is a great location.

Nice, in process of being renovated, activities & dining on lower levels so requires elevator ride. Most have balconies. No Elderly Waiver.

stupid prices

Not a bad place, but the hidden prices are what get you. Keep an eye on food charges and other charges they don't tell you about when you are moving in. When you are not thinking straight cause a loved one is moving from there home to an APT the company should be willing to explain everything. I have learned alot with the care of my mom. What I learned is every place cares about money and not the person. So seeing as how every APT is the same just money hungry we have left mom there she seems to like it. She has made friends.

My aunt loves it here.

My aunt loves it here. She was so happy there that we were going to move my mom in. We needed a place before they had an opening, and they even helped with that. We are happy with their recommendation as well. They have just been phenomenal. We haven't had any hiccups of any kind.

Nice place, overall

Our experience with Village Shores has been a good one overall. The staff here is very friendly and helpful, and the facility is well kept and clean. We haven't had any issues at all!

My dad has been a resident for just about a month and is very happy. The staff has been very friendly and helpful, the food is great, and his apt. is just what he needs. I would recommend this facility without hesitation.

Nice people!!!

While I am not the actual resident (my father), I can say the Village Shores experience so far has been great. They were very helpful during the move in process, and everyone is SO friendly. It seems like most people are long-term residents, which says it all.

Friendly, good food, transportation, activities

We don't get any care services.

It's friendly, they've got good food. They've got a lot of activities going on.

They takes bus trips all over, provide transportation to shopping, doctor, errands. The other day we went to the Arboretum.

The apartments are big, and nice and light, with alot of storage space, and full kitchens.

no laundry in unit, densely...

no laundry in unit, densely populated

Dated but friendly. Price i...

Dated but friendly. Price is okay.

She loved it! It's a very nice place, she was thrilled to be here.

She loved it! It's a very nice place, she was thrilled to be here. She was here for 22 years! The food is extraordinary, it was very hard to leave. They have lots of activities. They have buses going places everyday, and knitting clubs, card clubs, poetry readings, bingo, that is just a few! It really is a great place.

Okay

That was okay, I wasn't that impressed with their assisted living. They had a balcony that you could go out on. that made me a little nervous for someone who is borderline assisted living.

Excellent Community!

I am a community social worker and toured numerous places to find a placement for a client needing to transition from home ownership to a more supportive setting. Village Shores staff have been nothing short of professional, respectful, encouraging, and accomodating throughout the process----from touring to move-in day! Apartments and common areas are beautiful, I love the availability of community activities for residents!

Great location. By pizza Luce / champ...

Great location. By pizza Luce / champs. Seems cheaper but not sure.

Good nature surroundings, balcony.

Good nature surroundings, balcony.

This seems ideally suited.

This seems ideally suited.

This was perhaps the favorite out of ...

This was perhaps the favorite out of the three we looked at. We are a bit in "sticker shock" in the estimate we were given just to essentially be a resident. We will need more options.

I was impressed with the facility. I...

I was impressed with the facility. It was actually the first one that I toured in this area.

At Village Shores, anyone 55 and above can live in the heart of Richfield’s best “walk-around” neighborhood. Just a short walk away from Richfield Lake, The Woodlake Nature Center and a neighborhood full of shops and services. We offer Senior Apartments, Assisted Living and Seasonal Suites.
From the heated underground parking to balconies on each apartment, you’ll find the amenities you would expect in a new home and more. Choose from a variety of the most spacious one bedroom, one-bedroom with den and two bedroom apartment homes in the Twin Cities. Then, take advantage of our shuttle service,restaurant, library, beauty/barber shop and more!

Come home to Village Shores!