Walker Methodist Care Suites - Edina, MN

I was very happy with this facility. It offers several levels of service. The building is small enough to feel friendly, but large enough to offer options as to rooms and activities. The staff that I met were all very attentive to their residents. I had concerns about dietary restrictions and found they could accommodate those needs. They do accept Elderly Waiver after a private pay period when a resident qualifies. The rooms of the residents and the common areas were all very welcoming.

Happy with our choice!

My mother is currently at Walker Methodist Care Suites. She has not been here long, but she is very happy here. She loves the size of her apartment, she enjoys the food, goes to activities, and chats with staff and other residents. Even when I am not there with her, I know she will be taken care of by all the staff.
All the staff have been very attentive to our needs: cares for my mother, maintenance needs, and dietary needs (and many more). We are very happy with the choice we made with Care Suites.

Great Care Concept

I toured Walker Methodist while looking at living options for my husband, and I really liked the concept of the 5 to 1 patient and caregiver ration they had there. One caregiver had a station in a pod of 5 resident rooms. I did really appreciate this concept, but I found that the facility had a smell, which I did not like.

A Great Tour In A Wonderful Place

Overall they were a good community and they gave me a great tour. However, they were not what we were looking for were based on price. They did a good job explaining the cost and care.

Good option

This community was very nice and we would have picked it but they did not have availability at the time we needed a place for my sister-in-law. It has a very positive atmosphere.

A modern look!

My mother is doing very well since her move. We chose this community because they were able to accommodate to my mother's type 1 diabetes. The facility is very nice and her place is very comfortable. It has been a very good fit so far.

I Wasn't Impressed

When I toured the community I noticed it had a lot of remodeling but it really felt dim and the ceilings were low. I got the feeling of being confined. I didn't like that there was not a lot of space and not a bright environment. They can make it more like home and provide the same environment to both sides of the place. I could see the difference in the furnishings and it didn't appeal to me overall.

Other options

I took a tour of this community. the staff was nice and answered my questions. It is a small community then what I was needing. I was not happy that it apperaed to be dirty and not taken care of. Family may want to seek other options.

A confident choice for us

Thanks to 'A Place for Mom' we discovered Walker Methodist. It has been a God-send for us. We were in urgent need of care beyond assisted living and were able to tour, be assessed, and move into a care suite within 3 days! This is a private room that is connected to a common parlor area shared by 4 others. The staff is friendly and capable and the space is bright and cheery. We ate in the dining room as guests of our loved one and found the food to be delicious. Meals can be taken in rooms but I've heard that they are usually lukewarm when they arrive. There is a microwave in the room which may help. I haven't seen the assisted living spaces or the memory unit but the areas I have seen are clean and nicely decorated.

Very supportive and caring staff.

Great site

My mother just moved in so we are still exploring to some extent. She loves the suite concept and, being very independent still, loves the comfort of her room, the ambience of the property and the friendliness of the staff. She raves about the meals and is enjoying getting to know the other residents. The care services seem appropriate, although a la carte, but we have had limited exposure to them. The nursing staff seems caring and competent. For someone that is sharp and relatively agile, there are limited on-site activities, especially for a place with an activities director. But, this will be explored further as we are there longer.

We had an appointment, but Sue apparently
forgot. We met with the housing director, who was pleasant. Facility is clean and up to date. The initial interaction was disappointing, especially since my sister and I were from out of town and only had a limited amount of time to view three different facilities.

I think they do a good job, but I don't think they do a good job of socializing. They promised that they would introduce my brother to everyone but they didn't. I wish they would encourage the residents to go to the events. My brother missed the fishing trip. He has dementia. I wish they could of reminded him and encouraged him to go. It would be nice for them to be more pro active in socializing.

the room are not big if are there you have to get your own cable but for what you pay it is ok living i rated the over all of the property a 4 star rating i gave the friendliness of the staff a 4 star rating as well i all so the activities a 4 star rating

Rick Buechner was my guide....did a great job. The facility is lovely, and the people are friendly. The restaurant style eating is great. the price range was not as shocking as I expected, although elder care is costly.

Very cozy. A "family feel" about the...

Very cozy. A "family feel" about the environment. I knew when we first walked in to tour that it was a special place. Mother is quite happy here. She reisdes in the care suites as she needs help in many areas. The staff are very gentle -- and provide tender loving care! The dining experince is terrific -- like a 5 star restaurant. We are so very pleased! Would highly recommend!

Our Community
At Walker Methodist Care Suites in Edina, we offer Assisted Living, Care Suites, and Memory Care living options. We are a small community of 72 private apartments offering cozy surroundings and life-enriching amenities. Our professional health care staff and specially trained care providers are available on site 24/7.
Walker Methodist Care Suites offers three living options:
•Assisted Living with a full range of health and personal care
•Care Suites for higher levels of Assisted Living
•Memory Care for those with Alzheimer’s and related dementias
Amenities included in your fee include:
•A convenient Edina location near shopping, restaurants, Physicians offices, hospitals, and parks
•Short, wide hallways for easy access to community areas
•An inviting front porch to relax
•Main parlor with fireplace and large screen television
•Elegant dining room with experienced hospitality staff
•Three nutritious meals prepared daily by our chef
•A community room with large screen television
Additional Specialty Services include:
•Enriching social activities
•Visiting Nurse Practitioner team available to provide health care on site
•Respite care for individuals needing temporary assistance while recovering from illness, surgery, or when a caregiver is unavailable
•Licensed nurse on site 24 hours a day/7 days a week
•Registered nurse provides health care supervision and is on site or on call 24 hours a day/7 days a week
•Licensed Social Worker on site