The Commons On Marice - Eagan, MN

Don't knock it until you try it

This community is beautiful. The employees are friendly and knowledgeable. Its a big building but residents are out and about and willing to point you in the right direction. My mom's biggest concern was meeting people. I have no worries she will find friends here, everyone is so kind and wanting to make friendships. They have lots to do for the residents and their families! The common areas are well kept and building is clean. I'm very impressed! I only toured a couple weekends ago and was so pleased. My tour guide was friendly and down to earth, you can tell she really cares and wants the best living situation for your loved one. I was highly impressed all around. I'd definitely suggest taking a tour and moving your loved ones here!!! They even offer temporary occupancy!! Don't knock it until you try it. - [name removed]

Stay far away

This place in my opinion sucks, They have high turnover there and dont seem to care about anything but the money. My dad lived there for 2 years. Ive tried to complain and was told by a staff member there that they didnt care. The goodman group is the management company that rins this place.I tried to go to the ceo [name removed] of the goodman group and he never returned my calls. We spent over 150k there.. I have taken my dad to another place now and he is very happy. I would given it 0 stars if there was an option too.

ice-looking facility but a bit more expensive

I toured this facility while looking for a place for my mother. It is a nice-looking, clean facility but a little more expensive than other places. The person who showed us around was friendly and seemed knowledgeable. I ultimately decided to select a facility that was closer to me. If you tour here, ask lots of questions about the actual workings behind the facade.

Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review The Commons on Marice. We care deeply about all of our residents, their well-being, and environment. We are glad you had the opportunity to tour and see it for yourself. Please let us know if there’s anything else that we can do for you. Best wishes!

David Salmon, Executive Director

Wonderful indoor garden atrium. van transport included in price. Lovely outdoor spaces. Catholic service once per week. Smaller grounds. No walking trail. Close to [Removed] work

Hello,

Thank you very much for sharing your review with us! We are so pleased to provide excellent quality care to The Commons on Marice residents and proud of the dedication our entire team provides daily. Thank you for your feedback and support. Please don’t hesitate to call if you have any questions.

Mom loves it here

This community is so nice and clean. Mom says all the time they are so sweet and the food is the best part! So we know she is eating well. They are there for all of her needs. They are there at our beckon call. She gets confused easy and they all help her out. The activities are wonderful she gets a manicure and church on Tuesdays and Happy hour on Thursdays. She took a bus ride to look at the leaves. I would recommend this place to my friends and family.

Hello,

Thank you so very much for sharing your feedback with us! It is our mission to provide a welcoming environment and the best service for our residents and guests. We are fortunate to have an incredibly caring and talented team, and we look forward to sharing your kind words with them! Thank you for letting The Commons on Marice be your mother’s senior living community of choice.

I Like My New Place

I think it is the best and it is fine for me since I moved in. The meals are excellent and the staff are very good. There are lots of activities too.

Hello,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback! It is our mission to provide a welcoming environment and the best service for our residents and guests. We are so glad to hear that you’ve enjoyed the meals and service our staff provides. Please know that we are here for you, my door is always open. Thank you kindly.

Sincerely, David Salmon, Executive Director

A very good tour!

When I toured The Commons On Marice, I thought it was a nice place. The tour guide was friendly and informative. It was a good tour but just not what we were looking for.

Hello,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback! We are so glad to know that you were pleased with the community and tour. Best of luck to your future endeavors.

I took a tour!

I also toured The Commons and it was a good tour. Everyone was friendly and the place was very nice, but it was not the right fit for my husband's level of care.

A beautiful environment

Pearl Garden is a lovely community for my mother and her family. The staff is caring and always upbeat. I love the community for the brightness and positive, professional activity leaders. The range and choice of activities are very good for my mother. The food is very good also, and healthy. Even the restaurant is lovely! My family recommends this community for their excellent care and amenities.

Hello Judy,
We are so pleased to know that your mother and family enjoy our Pearl Garden community. We are fortunate to have an incredibly caring and talented team, and we look forward to sharing your kind words with them!
Best, Catherine Steinbach, Marketing Director

Very nice facility and the individual that we met with was very professional and helpful. Are only concern is that it might be too fancy for our mom to feel comfortable. We are still considering this option.

Hello,
It is wonderful to know that you enjoyed touring The Commons on Marice! I look forward to answering any questions you may have. We are here to assist you.
Sincerely, Catherine Steinbach, Marketing Director

Friendly staff!

The commons on Marice was beautiful. The facility was clean and organized, but I was disappointed in the apartments. They are not as nice as the rest of the facility and that's where my mother would have spent most of her time. The tour guide was ineligible and friendly.

Hello,
We greatly appreciate your feedback, and thank you again for taking the time to tour our community.
Best, Catherine Steinbach, Director of Marketing

Very nice.

I toured this community. A beautiful community that would of been what I was wanting. I could not afford this community. I suggest if familes can afford the care if would be worth the money for there loved onces.

Community Representative

Thank you for your review! We wish you the best of luck in your search, and welcome you to reach out to us if you ever have any questions. We're here to be a senior living resource for you and your family.
Sincerely, Jodi Saeko, Executive Director

Caregiving at it's Finest

My family's experience with The Commons on Marice runs deep. We have had both of my parents living there this past year plus. My father passed away on June 29th, while in Hospice in his room at the Commons. The care provided to him by nursing staff, administration, recreation staff, and everyone there was Hallmark Hall of Fame Movie-Level excellent.

Truly. I could not believe the level of competence, compassion, and care. EVERY ONE of the staff who came in to check on Dad, check on us, come off of their "day off" (seriously!) to see how he was doing in his final days and hours there....was fabulous.

Their care of him while he was healthy was wonderful, too. And in his final days and moments, they joined us in tears and holding his hand.

The love, the care ~ is second to none. I would do a commercial for The Commons. I am very serious. My Father died in the most loving place possible. The people there are people with whom I would want anyone who has the need for care, to spend their final days.

My Mom is still there. No place on Earth we'd rather have her.

Thank-you for reading!

A Good Community With Kind People

My friend is doing well here at this community. She is still getting adjusted, but so far everything is working out good. The community very well-kept, everything is very nice and clean. The staff is amazing. She is very pleased with the food. I know she is in good hands and receiving good care. This would be a community I would recommend.

So far so good.

So far so good. Mom's blending in well, and getting so involved in the activities, she doesn't have time for me to visit. She has not complained at all about the food. They had warm atmosphere, and the residents seemed to be more engaged here. It was newer and fresher. They have exceeded our expectations, and we are very happy with them.

Community Representative

Good Morning,
Thank you for taking the time to share you and your mother's experience with The Commons on Marice! We are so pleased to hear you are happy with the services and environment at our community. If you ever need anything, please let me know.
Sincerely, Kezia Wicklander, Marketing Director

Definitely need oversight and education for Mem Care Staff

As a family member of a former resident who lived in their Pearl Garden memory care floor, we had a terrible experience. The nurse rarely comes out of the little office up there, the staff unfriendly toward family members. We were very hands-on for our moms care and we often found her left in the original chair she was placed in early morning at noon. Multiple times per week we found her in soiled clothing - so told us no regular visits to the bathroom. [removed] I cried! Our mom required 100% assistance so could not walk alone, eat alone, etc.; yet the staff chose to blame our mom for "somehow" doing these things to herself. The community is beautiful - they have earned awards for activities - but really? Should a community be allowed any award if they can not deliver residents their most basics of needs?? When we would reach out to the nurses, they literally became angry rather than anxious to help or intervene with training of caregivers. We took mom home - it was no easy task but at home was treated with dignity and compassion.

Kezia Wicklander

Hello, this is Jodi Saeko, Executive Director of The Commons on Marice. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is valued and our team is looking into the matter further. We care deeply about all of our residents and their wellbeing. We encourage open dialogue to assist us in meeting our service excellence standards. I would like to be able to address these issues with you directly to learn more about your concerns and the details of this situation. Please contact me at [removed].

Most sincerely,
Jodi Saeko
Executive Director

most wonderful place for mom

The Commons On Marice is the most wonderful place for mom. I am so grateful for being directed to this facility. It has been a good experience. I have no complaints. It gets all five stars from me.

quite a few kinks to work through

We had quite a few kinks to work through at The Commons on Marice . My mom was only there a few weeks. The problem we faced was that they are on a pendant system. Well, her pendant was defective. So she would push it and no one would come. I had her calling me at 1 in the morning trying to get help. It was very upsetting to her especially being new. She needed a lot of assistance too. To their credit they gave her a credit to make up for the inconvenience. As she put it though all of the money in the world wouldn't make up for what she went through. It was hard for me to understand the luck of my mom just getting there and all of this happening. It wouldn't have been so bad if she wouldn't have gone through 4 pendants before getting a working one. Even when things were functioning sometime she would have to wait for staff to help her to the bathroom. Maybe my mother needed more care than they provided. She has passed away. She was only at this facility for 3 weeks. So I don't know, maybe if she would have been here longer some of the kinks might have gotten worked out.

Nice looking place

We toured this community while looking into options for a loved one. I thought The Commons on Marice looked like a nice place overall, and it was definitely somewhere I'd consider as an option! However, at the time we toured none of the rooms they had available had a floor plan that worked well for us.

extremely friendly

I have been very impressed with The Commons On Marice. It is just a beautiful facility. It is very pretty and has been very well decorated. The staff is extremely friendly. Everyone knows everyone else by name.

The friendliness is definitely the number one thing that stands out the most, but everything about The Commons On Marice has been great.

Beautiful facility. Loved everything about it, except the price.

They treat each person with dignity that the person deserves. They work extremely hard to keeping family members up to date on the patients status.

Absolutely loved The Commons! It is a beautiful facility - very peaceful and decorated to an extremely high standard, and the people there are very friendly. All the residents that I spoke with seemed truly happy to be living there.

Very friendly staff.
Clean facilities.
A good value.

Review of The Commons On Marice Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Eagan, MN

The Commons on Marice was beautiful and affordable. The residents I saw seemed happy and content. My tour was great and all my questioned answered. They have a waiting list for memory care, but I will keep them in mind if our current plan needs changing.

The Commons on Marice f as facility i...

The Commons on Marice f as facility is great. As far as staff, I'd give them a 4 out of 5. The care they give is good. I'm pleased with their overall services.

A little too upscale. Beau...

A little too upscale. Beautiful common space and food options. Rooms way too small; and the price was substantially more. Certainly there are more activities and features...but for a price.

Cheerful atmosphere

Big rooms, some with screened in porch. Facility is well decorated and bright. Staff is very friendly. Some nights there's live music after supper. Dad's 1st week went extremely well.

Beautiful, expensive, happy...

Beautiful, expensive, happy residents, EW after two years of private pay.

The Commons is a very beautiful facility

The Commons is a very beautiful facility and is well maintained. Dinner served personally on white table linen and the servers are very willing to go above and beyond to fulfill residence requests. They offer many daily activities such as games, exercise, ice cream social, happy hour, music programs, etc. We liked that they offer a full range of services to be able to adjust to the growing needs of the resident. The cost seems to be line with other facilities, but is expensive when coming from living on your own.

What a Relief!

A Place for Mom took a lot of pressure off of our family. We were trying to do the research on our own while dealing with a sick parent at the same time. They set up appointments with 3 Senior Living Facilities with openings in our area. All meeting our needs, but, with different strengths & price points. We Chose the Commons on Marice in Eagan. We probably would have chosen it anyway, because, my niece works there & told up how wonderful it is, but, we still need to se others to make the comparison. And it is wonderful!

Nice Community

The Commons was a nice place for my father it fit everything we were looking for. The families are well looked out for, the value of service is very good and the staff was very freindly and attentive. depending on the care type it was a little out of our price range but it is a place I would love for my father to be!

Beatiful Place with Serious Comminication and Follow Though Issues

They're good on some things and really not good on others. They are good with activities and their food is good and the arrangements of not having to move from independent to assisted is really nice. You get to stay in your own apartment and you just add services. The food is prepared by a chef and they have many choices. I think they try to do a good job with all of that but they don't follow through with anything they promise they're going to do. It's been really frustrating.

First, I had to renegotiate the lease agreement because what they told us and what was in the legal document didn't match. It started there. Then my mom took a fall in the dining room. After rehab I wanted to bring in a cake in for her but I needed someone to make sure she went to the dining room because she doesn't like going down there. They said absolutely we'll make sure that happens. I called to verify, they assured me a nurse would go and get her. I got a cake and brought it to the dining room. I go up after work, she's sitting in the dark in her room. No one came to get her for dinner. That seems simple but that was a huge thing for my mom and they didn't follow through. There were other times that they said they were going to have a psychologist see her because she's having a hard time integrating. They said I needed to get the paperwork in by 9/10. I had it in on the 8th or 9th and called on the 10th to confirm. They said I got the paperwork in too late.

The facility is beautiful and they have a lot of opportunity there but they have a huge problem with their communication. It's one thing after another and it's just really frustrating.

Too big and independent, but nice.

Too big and independent, but nice.

Property is attractive. Seems a bit c...

Property is attractive. Seems a bit close to the airport (plane noise), and no mention of pet acceptance.

Cats ok,very nice,very clean spacious

Cats ok,very nice,very clean spacious

Beautiful building, plenty of activit...

Beautiful building, plenty of activities.

Looks very nice. Aging in place! 494 ...

Looks very nice. Aging in place! 494 and 35E. Probably airport noise; beneath new runway flight path.

VERY nice facility

VERY nice facility

separate laundry room

separate laundry room

Excellent facility--spacious apartmen...

Excellent facility--spacious apartments, high quality construction, beautiful setting, many varied programs. Mom could receive nursing care in 1 br apt with dad. Nice library, full menu available in dining room. 2 br and studio currently avail. Bluestone physicians.

Visit The Commons on Marice and discover a remarkable senior community. Everything you need is here, that's the beauty of your convenient, enriching and, most importantly, satisfying independent lifestyle.
The Commons is uniquely designed to bring the outdoors inside. In the two story atrium, residents can tend a garden, enjoy entertainment or simply gather for conversation with neighbors. The library, fireplace lounge and billiards room also provide residents with opportunities to gather.

The Commons offers around-the-clock staffing, a 24-hour emergency call system and daily "I'm OK" checks. Most importantly, however, The Commons features three levels of living, from independent residences to assisted living to a special Memory Center. No matter what your needs, they'll be readily met, today and tomorrow at the The Commons on Marice.

Watch our video "I love living here because..." on Vimeo: www.vimeo.com/134219037.