We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Aging in Place
- Nurses on Staff
- Podiatrist Available
- Physical Therapy Available
- Occupational Therapy Available
- Speech Therapy Available
- Complimentary Transportation
- Activities Offsite
- Outdoor Common Areas
- Beauty & Barber Services
- Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Hospice Available
- Respite Available
- Resident Parking Available
- Male Residents Accepted
- Female Residents Only
- Doctor on Call
- Nurse on Call
- Homecare Onsite
- Dentist Available
Welcome to Maple Heights Retirement Community, the premier Senior Living Community in the Greater Downriver Area of Allen Park, Michigan. Maple Heights is located in a quiet suburban setting, close to restaurants, parks, shopping and Oakwood Hospital and Medical Center.
Our goal at Maple Heights is to exceed each Resident’s individual needs while maintaining the highest level of choices, dignity, privacy and respect. This concept of comfortable senior housing with services assures our Residents that their specific needs will be met while maintaining their independence and enhancing quality of life.
Maple Heights amenities include a large elegant dining room, living room, reading nooks, activity room, library, ice cream parlor, penthouse and TV lounge. Safety features of the Community include a complete building fire alarm system and smoke detectors. Our residents enjoy these features along with delicious home-style meals, a meaningful activity program and scheduled transportation. Our small town community atmosphere compliments all of this and more.
As a Resident at Maple Heights you will enjoy the privacy of your own residence within a Community of care and support. Each apartment features spacious living areas, large private bathroom, emergency call system, kitchens and individual climate control. All of this is included in an affordable month-to-month rental without any buy-in fees.
Please call with any questions you may have or to schedule a personal tour.
About Allen Park
Known for its gorgeous tree-lined streets and older-style brick homes, Allen Park is a friendly, working-class suburb in Central Michigan. If you're a football fan, you might be interested in checking out the practice facility for the Detroit Lions, which also serves as the team's headquarters. Allen Park has a population near 30,000 people, and a walkability score of 48, which means you should expect to use some transit to find your way around. Historically, Allen Park has a temperate climate which stays in the low 80s during the summer and dips to just below freezing in the winter. Expect everything: sunshine, rain, and snow will all find you in Allen Park.
Allen Park has a number of different ways for seniors to commute. These include:
- The Smart Bus: In operation from Monday to Friday, the Smart Bus allows you to call and reserve a trip up to six days in advance for medical appointments, or two days in advance for other appointments, so long as you're within 3/4 of a mile of a SMART bus stop.
- Same Day Shuttle: Members of the Allen Park Senior Center Area Transportation can call to book the Same Day Shuttle service for an annual fee of $9. The shuttle service was designed with seniors in mind, and will take them to any location within a 3 mile radius of Allen Park.
- Taxis: If you'd prefer, there are a handful of taxi companies in Allen Park. These include Metro 24/7 Cab LLC and Above and Beyond Transportation.
- Seniors can also use the Uber ride sharing service by downloading the app on their smart phone.
Health and Safety
There are no major hospitals located within Allen Park as residents usually go to one in a nearby city. Allen Park is one of the safer cities in Michigan, with its annual crime rate of 1.68 being well below the state average of 4.16, and the national median of 3.8.
Sports and Leisure
Living in Allen Park means more than just cheering on the Detroit Lions every Sunday or the Red Wings during hockey season. There is also plenty to do, which includes:
- Golf: You'll need to check out Lakes of Taylor Golf Course, or TPC Michigan if you're looking to spend some time on the fairway.
- Pickleball: For the cost of $3.00 a person, you can spend a morning on the court enjoying the sport of pickleball with other seniors.
- Fitness Center: Located in the Allen Park Community Center, the Fitness Center contains both a weight/fitness area and a walking track. Membership for seniors is discounted.
- Bowling: Thunderbowl Lanes is just a short walk away from the Maple Heights Retirement Community. Roosevelt Lanes Recreation is also a short drive away.
Shopping and Entertainment
If you're up for a short walk, you'll find plenty of shopping and entertainment within walking distance. This includes:
- Clothing: Target, the Gap Outlet, Catherines, the Dressbarn, and various other clothing stores are all close by, should you feel like doing some shopping.
- Groceries: Most residents head to Meijers for one-stop grocery shopping. You'll also find a Meijer's Pharmacy close by.
- Restaurants: Whether you're craving Mexican, Greek, or just a good old fashioned burger, there are tons of eating spots a short trip away -- perfect for whatever you want to eat.
- Movies: Allen Park Digital Cinemas is a budget movie house that is just down Allen Road. It's likely outside of walking distance for most, so if you want to catch a movie, you'll want to catch a ride.
- Libraries: While there is a Barnes and Noble book store close by, you'll want to take a vehicle to get to the Allen Park Public Library.
- Allen Park Seniors Program: The local seniors program offers a wide-range of activities, including pinochle, quilters, senior trips, street fairs, and of course, Bingo.
No matter what your faith, Allen Park has a religious facility for you. The Inter-City Baptist and St. Mary Magdalen Church are the two closest, but you'll also find the Allen Park Church of Christ and the Gilead Bapitist Church close by.