Maple Heights Retirement Community - Allen Park, MI

I am home

I am a resident at Maple Heights and I love it here! It is like I have one big family. We all look out for each other.
The staff here is so caring and helpful.
The food is very good too. There's a variety of food so you dont get bored.
I call this place my home.

5 stars

I have lived here for 4 years and I can't say enough how well I've been treated by the whole staff at Maple Heights.

From the top people down the line: cooks, waitstaff, housekeeping, and maintenance.

The premises are kept clean and fresh looking. I would recommend Maple Heights to anyone.

This facility was very sufficient and affordable. Staff was friendly and knowledgeable.

Process

Maple Heights Retirement Community was a very nice community. The accommodations were very nice. The people were great and did their best to try and take care of my loved one. It ended up that he needed a more secure facility. I wish they could have provided me with a statement I needed so that I could gain POA sooner and get him into a proper facility. But due to legal obligations that I don't fully understand on their part, it turned into quite a lengthy process.

Had a wonderful tour with [Removed]. This is a beautiful facility for seniors. I would like to live here. Did not like that they have a separate company that handles the meds (dealt with this before and not a good experience). Feel that there is too much freedom for dad as he can be difficult and try to leave or just verbally difficult. Not sure he would be able to go down to eat or enjoy some of the options that would be available to him. Also, cost would be about the same as a private room at my preferred location Elmcroft.

The Feeling Is Not Bright

On my tour I saw a dark, dingy and very old community. I was shown a mode room. There was mold in the bathroom and the mirror was falling apart. I was taken back and not satisfied.

Nice community

My tour was very positive and I would recommend them!

Samantha McCue

We really appreciate your feedback! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you!

Everything is great!

They are excellent here. My dad rarely eats, but I have seen the food and it looks delicious. I like that they have a lot of different activities for the residents. They have been trying to get dad involved. I also like that they have everything spotless.

What a beautiful facility. We were very impressed with the facility, accommodations, staff, etc. We toured Maple Heights for almost two hours. Annette made this a very pleasurable experience. This will be our Number One choice once I can convince my mother and family that this is the next step in life's journey.

Time for a Remodel!

I was able to take a tour of the community and I must say that they need a remodel. The apartments were nice and looked like they had been remodeled, but the rest of the community was falling apart. The hallways were bad and so were the doors.

Lots Of Activities!!

I enjoyed taking a tour of this community the set up of it is nice. They had very spacious rooms that were very clean. The staff interacted very well with the residents while they were doing activities. The meals plans sounded healthy. My loved one however, thought it was very high and would have to be going in the elevator a lot and this didn't work.

I am happy with the care. The staff are helpful and attentive. My mom likes it very much and I'm amazed by how well she has adjusted. The community is very social and she has activities to join. They get live entertainment every Friday. She had a nice apartment that gets cleaned weekly. They could have more activities on the weekends.

Great Tour

I was very impressed with my tour of this community. Everybody was very kind and friendly. My tour guide was very kind and informative. They were great with their follow up. They even offered me a nice sweet deal. It was a pleasant tour, this is a nice community.

Tour of Maple Heights

Kudos to Jennifer [Removed] for a wonderful tour of this senior living community. Her passion and enthusiasm for helping seniors is evident in every person she greets.

Very nice place with even nicer staff!

This is a well maintained facility with very friendly and welcoming staff. I noticed how active the seniors seemed to be and it felt more like a nice hotel rather than typical "seniors housing"

Positive Environment!!

Maple Heights Retirement Community has so many activities for their residents. Some of their activities are onsite and others offsite. The also offer Complimentary Transportation if needed. Staff that was met during the families tour was nice and communicated well. It was clean and we really loved it.

Maple Heights gets my recommendation!!

Mom likes to participate in many of the activities offered at this community. The food is ok according to my sister in law and my mom does not complain about it. The staff are great I have not met anyone I do not like. The community seems pretty clean.

You can call it home......

A warm family like atmosphere. No reason to be bored. Activity calendar has something for everyone. I loved the open dinning room and spacious apartments. I like knowing there's 24 hour care if needed. This is a great value for the amount of services.

A must see!

Polite and Accommodating

I really like the staff members working there and I like the director and I am very happy that my loved one is staying there. She is happy and so I am happy. They are all very polite and really accommodating.

Wonderful Facility and staff members

Everyone is wonderful, kind, caring and compassionate at Maple Heights. I would highly recommend this facility and staff.

OUTSTANDING SERVICE,FACILITIES 7 VALUE

I really don't have too much more to say except GREAT.

Nice place, not the best fit for us

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. However, I don't think the care was the best match for what my loved one was needing at the time. Overall it seems like a nice place, and is definitely worth a look!

I got a good feeling when I first walked in the door.

They are doing great so far. I got a good feeling when I first walked in the door. The people were all communicating, from the workers to the residents, everyone. Not one person had a frown or was grumpy. She eats well, and seems to like the food just fine. They were all up front with the pricing and competitive compared to others we saw in the area, especially for the environment. They are doing stuff every day, and they go places. It's a great place.

I loved the director here.

I loved the director here. I thought the people here seemed very happy. But the facility was old and really needed updating. The units were probably the largest apartments I had seen. The administration knocked my socks off. But the elevator was really old and rickety, and was scary. There also weren't any outside grounds.

Mom has found her forever home.

We placed mom there 2 weeks ago. Nursing staff, the director and all of the staff are doing a very impressive job. Mom is getting comfortable and I would recommend maple heights to others. The meals served are delicious. The food staff takes her diabetes seriously. Take a tour. You won't be disappointed.

Nice looking place, but expensive

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Maple Heights Retirement Community looked like a very nice place, overall! However, it was also very expensive. The studio apartments looked wonderful, unfortunately it just wasn't something that was in the budget we were looking in.

Review of Maple Heights Retirement Community in Allen Park, MI

It's a very nice place. I was able to walk around. They seemed very accommodating. They explained how they worked and seemed like a good fit. It just seemed like a very, very nice place.

Great Place!

There have been a few instances where my mom has been frustrated by the medical team at their response to her needs, which is a separate company. I am curious to see if that improves with the new company. Otherwise great place!

This place looked GREAT! It was bright, cle open. I was able to schedule a tour during dinner. The food was tasty and the restaurant style dining was nice. Each resident has a dedicated table with dedicated waitstaff so they become very familiar with their eating habits. The apartments were REALLY apartments (not rooms) and they were very nicely appointed. I would love to have my dad live here.

I gave it only 4 stars because it's a bit expensive.

It was a great decision.

I can only say great things about Maple Heights. My father moved into his apartment in April 2014. Once he settled in and found himself a new routine he enjoyed the atmosphere at MH. He seemed to really enjoy the variety of food they offered for meals. According to staff he was always one of the first ones to arrive for meals. He enjoyed many of the activities they offered, especially the entertainment and summer car show. As the year progressed and his health started to decline the staff stepped up and made his stay more accommodating. Any questions and/or concerns were handled immediately and effectively. When his needs required a step up to full assistance they made the transition happen smoothly. At the very end of his time with us, Hospice of Michigan stepped in and the MH staff worked right along side with Hospice and his final days were dignified and comfortable. After his death, we received and out pouring of condolences and fond memories shared. I can only say good things about Maple Heights, if I am still in this area when I need a safe place to stay, this will be my choice.

This is a must visit facility...EXCEPTIONAL!!!

Pops has been at Maple Heights for several months now and I have to say that it is nice being able to sleep at night knowing he is someplace safe. The staff is always friendly and when ever a situation arises that requires our attention we are notified very quickly. They let us know when he is having a difficult day, if he missed a meal, refused meds, or has experienced any other event that we need to know about. They are prompt in letting us know these things. I often see many of the residents socializing in the commons area and they all seem rather content with their surroundings. I also like that there was no buy in required to get Dad his apartment. All in all it is an above standard facility and doesn't have that hospital feel to it. The apartments are also larger than any others we have seen, even at high end senior living complexes. They are real apartments not just an over sized closet with a kitchenette. We have had as many of six visitors in his apartment and it was a comfortable visit.
If you fail to take the time to check Maple Heights out, you have missed an exceptional opportunity.

Nice looking place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options and Maple Heights was a very nice looking place overall. The staff were friendly and helpful, the apartment we saw was clean and well maintained, and the surrounding area looked very nice as well.

Very nice place, overall!

Overall I'm very pleased with how things have gone at Maple Heights! It's a very nice looking place, and everyone has been very very friendly! They really welcomed my Mom with open arms. They've got a good variety of activities, and a great meal service as well! The only real issue I have is that they really need more elevators, things can get quite backed up during busy times. But overall they do an excellent job here, and I would highly recommend it!

Very nice looking place!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one, and this place was absolutely fabulous! It was a beautiful facility, and the staff were all very friendly and very helpful. I would have loved to be able to have my Mom stay here, but unfortunately it was one of the more expensive communities we looked at, and not in the price range we could work with.

I really want my Mom to mov...

I really want my Mom to move here when she is ready.

There is some room for improvement...

The personal spaces could be kept a little cleaner, the overall public areas are kept pretty clean. They have plenty of activities, my loved one chooses not to participate. The food seems to be fine. I would like to see them be a little more prompt when a call is put in. We liked the location, and the fact that they had a full time medical staff onsite. Some of the aides could be trained a little better.

Perhaps they are too quick!

Perhaps they are too quick!

I think what impacted my mom and I the most in the final decision was the fact that at this community the residents were active and engaging with each other. There was encouragement for others to join in activities. There is the opportunity to make friends. My mom feels she’s spoiled by the cafeteria and all the extra attention.

Overall we are very impressed with them.

Overall we are very impressed with them. They have wonderful activities, and they are very clean and very friendly. They are right on top of response for the residents. They do a very good job and I think that compared to the other places that are similar out there, they are very reasonable.

Great care, and friendly staff!

So far the care here seems wonderful! It's a beautiful community, and they always keep it looking well kept and clean! The staff are all very friendly, and they really seem to care about the residents on a personal level. I'd give them top marks across the board, and I'd recommend anyone looking into care take a look at them.

Requires separate in home c...

Requires separate in home care. Pleasant and active staff. Happy residents. Very clean facility. The director of the facility is on the Alzheimer board.

Angela was very friendly an...

Angela was very friendly and informative. Offered a lot of advice that was, for me, very helpful.

Hi Rise! The director was very carin...

Hi Rise! The director was very caring & professional. Place shared her personality.

3 meals a day unfurnished. Light hous...

3 meals a day unfurnished. Light housekeeping transportation up to 10 miles month to month all paid excluding phone, cable Internet etc. nursing available

3 meals a day unfurnished from $2025,...

3 meals a day unfurnished from $2025, $2365, $3140. Light housekeeping, transportation up to 10 miles, month-to-month all paid excluding phone, cable Internet etc. Nursing available.

Light housekeeping transportation up ...

Elevator but easy to get around

Elevator but easy to get around

Welcome to Maple Heights Retirement Community, the premier Senior Living Community in the Greater Downriver Area of Allen Park, Michigan. Maple Heights is located in a quiet suburban setting, close to restaurants, parks, shopping and Oakwood Hospital and Medical Center.

Our goal at Maple Heights is to exceed each Resident’s individual needs while maintaining the highest level of choices, dignity, privacy and respect. This concept of comfortable senior housing with services assures our Residents that their specific needs will be met while maintaining their independence and enhancing quality of life.

Maple Heights amenities include a large elegant dining room, living room, reading nooks, activity room, library, ice cream parlor, penthouse and TV lounge. Safety features of the Community include a complete building fire alarm system and smoke detectors. Our residents enjoy these features along with delicious home-style meals, a meaningful activity program and scheduled transportation. Our small town community atmosphere compliments all of this and more.

As a Resident at Maple Heights you will enjoy the privacy of your own residence within a Community of care and support. Each apartment features spacious living areas, large private bathroom, emergency call system, kitchens and individual climate control. All of this is included in an affordable month-to-month rental without any buy-in fees.

Please call with any questions you may have or to schedule a personal tour.

About Allen Park

Known for its gorgeous tree-lined streets and older-style brick homes, Allen Park is a friendly, working-class suburb in Central Michigan. If you're a football fan, you might be interested in checking out the practice facility for the Detroit Lions, which also serves as the team's headquarters. Allen Park has a population near 30,000 people, and a walkability score of 48, which means you should expect to use some transit to find your way around. Historically, Allen Park has a temperate climate which stays in the low 80s during the summer and dips to just below freezing in the winter. Expect everything: sunshine, rain, and snow will all find you in Allen Park.

Transportation

Allen Park has a number of different ways for seniors to commute. These include:

- The Smart Bus: In operation from Monday to Friday, the Smart Bus allows you to call and reserve a trip up to six days in advance for medical appointments, or two days in advance for other appointments, so long as you're within 3/4 of a mile of a SMART bus stop.
- Same Day Shuttle: Members of the Allen Park Senior Center Area Transportation can call to book the Same Day Shuttle service for an annual fee of $9. The shuttle service was designed with seniors in mind, and will take them to any location within a 3 mile radius of Allen Park.
- Taxis: If you'd prefer, there are a handful of taxi companies in Allen Park. These include Metro 24/7 Cab LLC and Above and Beyond Transportation.
- Seniors can also use the Uber ride sharing service by downloading the app on their smart phone.

Health and Safety

There are no major hospitals located within Allen Park as residents usually go to one in a nearby city. Allen Park is one of the safer cities in Michigan, with its annual crime rate of 1.68 being well below the state average of 4.16, and the national median of 3.8.

Sports and Leisure

Living in Allen Park means more than just cheering on the Detroit Lions every Sunday or the Red Wings during hockey season. There is also plenty to do, which includes:

- Golf: You'll need to check out Lakes of Taylor Golf Course, or TPC Michigan if you're looking to spend some time on the fairway.
- Pickleball: For the cost of $3.00 a person, you can spend a morning on the court enjoying the sport of pickleball with other seniors.
- Fitness Center: Located in the Allen Park Community Center, the Fitness Center contains both a weight/fitness area and a walking track. Membership for seniors is discounted.
- Bowling: Thunderbowl Lanes is just a short walk away from the Maple Heights Retirement Community. Roosevelt Lanes Recreation is also a short drive away.

Shopping and Entertainment

If you're up for a short walk, you'll find plenty of shopping and entertainment within walking distance. This includes:

- Clothing: Target, the Gap Outlet, Catherines, the Dressbarn, and various other clothing stores are all close by, should you feel like doing some shopping.
- Groceries: Most residents head to Meijers for one-stop grocery shopping. You'll also find a Meijer's Pharmacy close by.
- Restaurants: Whether you're craving Mexican, Greek, or just a good old fashioned burger, there are tons of eating spots a short trip away -- perfect for whatever you want to eat.
- Movies: Allen Park Digital Cinemas is a budget movie house that is just down Allen Road. It's likely outside of walking distance for most, so if you want to catch a movie, you'll want to catch a ride.
- Libraries: While there is a Barnes and Noble book store close by, you'll want to take a vehicle to get to the Allen Park Public Library.
- Allen Park Seniors Program: The local seniors program offers a wide-range of activities, including pinochle, quilters, senior trips, street fairs, and of course, Bingo.

Religious Facilities

No matter what your faith, Allen Park has a religious facility for you. The Inter-City Baptist and St. Mary Magdalen Church are the two closest, but you'll also find the Allen Park Church of Christ and the Gilead Bapitist Church close by.