American House Riverview Senior Living - Riverview, MI

Dad's Care

This is a good community for the care of my father. We like the staff and knowing that they are attentive to his needs. The community is clean and has a good environment. The menu is appealing. He is active with the other residents. We would recommend this community for good care

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your 5-star review of American House Riverview! We're glad to hear both you and your father are happy with our community and we appreciate your feedback.

Wonderful Community

This is a lovely community, and my mother is very happy with her move here. She is doing the best health wise, but she is in good hands. The staff here is wonderful. They are very caring, gentle, and very understanding. The community looks great, and very well-kept. I have no complaints about this community, it is a lovely place. I have already recommended it to my friends.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your 4-star review of American House Riverview! We are glad to hear both you AND your mother are happy at our community and we appreciate your feedback and referrals.

Nice place. Great location and tour was very inclusive. 4 stars

American House Senior Living Communities

Thanks so much for taking the time to tour with us. We're glad you were happy with your experience and appreciate your feedback!

They showed us dirty apartments...

When we toured American House Riverview, we were not happy with what we saw. They showed us a couple of dirty apartments. I don't know if it was because they were not expecting a single woman like my mother to be looking at 2 bedroom apartments, or that people had just moved out of these apartments, but they were dirty and it was disappointing. It was not an option for us.

American House Senior Living Communities

We appreciate you sharing your experience and regret that you didn't have a more favorable one. Thank you for your valued feedback.

A great move

I can not say enough about the entire staff at this community. I would give them fives across the board. My mother in law seems to enjoy the food, however they do offer small portions and not a huge variety of options. The dining room reminds me of a dormitory as there are no tablecloths and they have round tables. Her apartment is superb. The community is clean and I would recommend it.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thanks for the 5-star review of our community! We appreciate your feedback.

my mother

well my mom was promised a bath twice a week shes been there about 3 weeks now shes handicapped and it seems they sit in the break room but no one can help my mother with her bathing shes not animal and it b/s I am becoming upset with this and the food portions are not enough if I have to go to corporate I will that is my mother and I love her no reason for this crap and this will not continue or she will move problem they say one thing and do another

American House Senior Living Communities

Kevin, we appreciate your feedback and encourage you to contact our office at [removed] to discuss your concerns. Thank you.

Care and Value

We tried this community for the care for our mom. The expense was a little higher than what we were looking for. The staff was friendly and they did answer the questions that we had. The community. was clean and maintained. We would recommend this community for the care and families might want to make sure that is something within what they can afford

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your feedback. Rent at American House Riverview is comparable to other communities in the area. Our residents' monthly rent includes all meals, activities, outings, social events and the community offers additional services should the need arise. Thanks again for the positive review.

American House - Riverview, MI

I am very pleased with the care and attention my loved one gets at American House. Every area from office & management to nursing to housecleaning has provided good care and seems to pay attention to (and look out for) my loved one. I like the variety of activities provided and the food seems to be good (and better than previously provided).

Very Good Experience

I'am very pleased with my mother's move to this community. Everything is working out very well. They are caring for her and her needs very well. It has been a very nice experience, and we are satisfied. They are providing her with good care. She is safe and in good hands at this community.

It's ok

My mom is here. It's ok but her bathroom never feels clean. I don't think they worry about the floors. Food is not wonderful and portions are small. They never really address this. They act as though they do many times. Higher ups in company don't seem to truly get involved to make sure things are going well.

Mostly though, there's a lot of fluff on the activities calendar.

If you're looking for a place for your mom, pay attention to their calendars. How often are they taken out? When you see entries, are they meaningful? For instance, if it says cards, is that an organized game or do some ladies just go play cards somewhere and it's added to the calendar to look good.

My last beef is a corporate one....they obviously don't want you contacting higher ups in the company for comments. You can't get a number or be allowed to send a letter to the head of American House if you choose. You must speak with the director of your building. If they aren't doing a great job, there's no recourse.

Oh yes...one more beef...my husband I get angry when we see the American house commercial where they're handing residents a menu in the dining room, etc. We really feel that they're misrepresenting American house as better than it is.

Having said all that, it's an OK place for the money. If my mom had more money I would have her elsewhere where it's more professional & there was better food and activities.

Incredible staff

Everything here has been so wonderful from the beginning. Everyone has been so helpful. Sara I think her name is so very helpful, caring and assisted me and my family in all of our needs.

Dad is doing well here

My Dad is doing very well here. The staff is great. They are patient and caring. The facility is really nice and well kept. So far, the experience here has been a good one.

She absolutely loves it there.

She absolutely loves it there. It has been a really good move. We have been very pleased with them.

Very nice place!

They've done a very good job overall at American House Riverview, I would give them high marks across the board! The staff here is friendly and professional, and they do a really excellent job engaging with the residents and getting to know each person as an individual. They've been very accommodating and easy to work with in general. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and has a welcoming friendly atmosphere!

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your feedback on American House Riverview! We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience and that the staff treated you as part of our family! If we can ever be of any assistance, please reach out to me directly. Jill Harrison, executive director

So far it's going pretty good.

So far it's going pretty good. I don't live in the area, but I haven't had any major complaints. My family that goes to visit almost daily, says that they are doing a very good job. When I was there it was clean, and the rooms were all very nice. So far it's working out pretty well, and I would rate them highly at this point.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for leaving your positive feedback on American House Riverview! If we can answer any questions or provide any assistance in the future, please contact me!
Jill Harrison, executive director

Nice place, friendly staff

I went to the American House Riverview to see what they had to offer my parents. The staff was all very friendly. I believe that the value of this community is better then some of the other communities, it is affordable. The only thing that I do not like is that they serve a bigger meal at lunch then at dinner time. Some families might be used to that, but my parents are not.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your feedback! I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed the tour and that the staff made you feel as though you were part of our extended family! Moving into a community can be an adjustment, even at meal time. I'm more than happy to discuss this with you personally to help make your parents more comfortable with our dining experience. Sincerely, Jill Harrison, Executive Director

This will be the community I choose for my mother.

I have visited the American House and would rate them a 5. It was very clean and the staff were friendly. I did not have a meal or attend an activity, but I did look at the menu. This will be the community I choose for my mother.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you so much for giving us such a high rating! We work
hard to make sure our residents are happy and having fun, allowing
loved ones to rest assured that they are well taken care of. I look
forward to having your mother join our wonderful community here! If
you have any questions, please feel free to call me directly.

fantastically friendly

I had to deal with this long distance as I live out of state. It has been a little challenging at times getting the best communication. But they are fantastically friendly and they bend over backwards to help out in any way they can.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your kind words! Handling care for a loved one can be difficult long distance, which is why but we’re happy to help in any way we can. Please contact me if you need assistance.

Nice

nice facility, disorganized and kinda busy, physical setting was a bit off putting, first impression was not as positive as it could have been.

American House Senior Living Communities

We certainly are busy, as our Life Enrichment Director plans a full schedule of activities for our residents. I’m curious as to
what would make your first impression more positive. If you could
call me personally or stop by, I'd love to hear more. Thank you!

Great Choice!

I spent a weekend there with my mother with the plan that she would then stay for one month in respite care. It was a good plan but it was too confusing for Mom to be away from her own home and I had to scrap the plan. But I was so impressed with the place and especially with the people in charge that I was disappointed that my Mom couldn't stay there. Everyone was so nice and helpful and caring.

American House Senior Living Communities

I'm sorry to hear your Mom won't be staying with us right now. The transition to a senior living community is often difficult, which is understandable. I'd be happy to talk to you about transition tips and other ways to help, if you'd like to give me a call. Perhaps she'll be joining us in time!
Jill Harrison, Executive Director

Everything is wonderful at American H...

Everything is wonderful at American House Senior Living. The cleanliness of the facility, friendliness of staff, care provided, and services are all very good.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you so much for such wonderful feedback! I’m thrilled that you noticed all the pride we take in our community. If there is ever anything I can help you with, please call me directly – or stop by my office.

Nice looking place

I toured this community when I was looking into care options for a loved one. I actually looked at two American House properties, and I was pleased with both of them! This is a nice looking, clean, well kept community, and all the staff I spoke to seemed very friendly and professional. I ended up choosing another option based on proximity to family, but this was somewhere I was considering.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback! I’m happy
to hear you liked both American House communities, but sorry to hear
you chose a different option. I hope your loved one is doing well
there! If you have any questions, or are considering American House
again, please call me directly and I’d love to help you out.
Jill Harrison, Executive Director

Mom's new apartmentment is a gem.

So are mom is really enjoying herself at American House Riverview. The staff have been wonderful and the activities are really nice.

The food is great: I feel my mom is safe there and well looked after. Great relief since I live out of state.

American House Senior Living Communities

One of the best things about having a community like ours where the staff takes care of residents like family is the stress that is taken off of loved ones. I’m sincerely happy that you don’t have to worry about your mom here, and that she is enjoying all the activities we have! Please don’t ever hesitate to call me personally, even if it’s just to check in or say hello.
Jill Harrison, Executive Director

Did not have a good experience

Overall our experience with American House Riverview was not a good one. After they did their assessment they told us they would be able to take care of our loved one, but unfortunately this did not end up being the case. They were unable to handle the memory care issues that she had. Eventually they told us that we would have to look for a new community for her, and that in the meantime we would have to hire full time caregivers to watch her, which were very expensive.
The facility itself seems very nice, and the staff were all very friendly, but make very sure your loved one is appropriate for the community. Either they made a big mistake in their assessment, or they just told us what we wanted to hear to get us in. Either way it ended up being a very negative experience.

American House Senior Living Communities

I’m glad you liked our community as a whole, despite your loved one not being a good fit here. Sometimes things are not always present in an assessment, or perhaps there is a change upon move-in. However, we do have specific memory care communities that may be a better fit. If you’d like to call me directly, I’d love to discuss your situation and see where a better fit may be.

Could have been cleaner

The community could have been cleaner. The staff and the activities were the best features. The staff was really okay. It was a pretty average value for the money. The care services were also pretty average.

American House Senior Living Communities

We agree with you that our staff and activities definitely
set us apart from other communities! Here, we make sure that our
residents are happy and having fun — and we even have a Life
Enrichment Director who works hard on scheduling events all the time.
We also have a full housekeeping staff who work to keep our community clean and tidy.
Thanks for leaving your feedback, and if I can answer any questions
for you, please give me a call.
Jill Harrison, Executive Director

The overall environment and the location are reasons that we chose them

They are doing a good job and they are relatively clean and friendly and all. I think they do a really good job with activities, there seems to be a lot going on. The only thing that I would say that could be improved is that, they have a tax credit program that you can get a reduced monthly rental rate, and even those in the highest position have a hard time explaining that program and how it works exactly. They aren't able to assist and address questions, I think that it's a pretty important program and someone should really be able to explain it clearly to the residents and their families. The overall environment and the location are reasons that we chose them over the other options we considered. The food doesn't get rave reviews, it's about average, I wouldn't give it more than a 3.

American House Senior Living Communities

I’m honored that you chose us because of our overall environment! We think of our community as one big family and work hard to provide varied (and exciting) activities along with restaurant-style dining for all our residents to enjoy. As far as the tax credit program, please give me a call personally and I will be happy to answer your questions!
Jill Harrison, Executive Director

Basically an 'independent l...

Basically an 'independent living' apartment complex, with a restaurant and meeting rooms. Any 'assisted' living help would need to come from a third-party vendor. Month-to-month rent is a positive (unless it allows the facility to increase rent more frequently). No emergency pull-cords in the apartments ... but each resident wears a LifeLock. Again, a memory care resident might never know what the thing is around her neck in an emergency. Medication reminder 1 time daily = $185/month. Shuttle is only available on Friday, but a taxi is available on preperty for $4 within the downriver area. Mom commented that this place looked 'cheap' and she wasn't impressed. The restaurant was full, and the women outnumbered the men by 10-to-1. One Bedroom cost: $2,400

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for visiting American House and taking the time to leave a detailed review. Please keep in mind that our services and amenities are offered on an a la carte basis, which is more affordable because our residents only pay for what they need. At Riverview we don’t offer memory care services, but we do have American House communities around the area to accommodate residents with dementia – please give me a call personally if you or your mom would like to discuss further options.
Sincerely, Jill Harrison, Executive Director
[removed]

Nice but Pricey

It's quite pricey so I'm not sure how long she's going to be able to stay there just because it is so pricey. So far, what she's received has been good. She hasn't needed any extra care but the day to day has been fine. She enjoys the activities. I know she likes the bingo because she's mentioned that in particular.

American House Senior Living Communities

We’re glad she’s found a bunch of activities to keep her busy and engaged. Hopefully she’s meeting lots of our staff and residents. Keep in mind that the price of rent also includes tons of amenities like meal plans and housekeeping. Please call me or stop by and we can discuss what her needs would be here.
Jill Harrison
Executive Director
[removed]

Liked layout of apt here best. Front...

Liked layout of apt here best. Front lobby not as inviting as Atria. Nice set up overall and pricing was reasonable

American House Senior Living Communities

I’m glad you were pleased with what you found here! If I can answer any questions for you (including about our many activities that you’re sure to love!), please don’t hesitate to ask.
Sincerely, Jill Harrison, Executive Director [removed]

For extra help personal extra + elect...

For extra help personal extra + electric. Security and alarm system. They will help with applying for VA

American House Senior Living Communities

Yes, that’s true — and we also offer laundry services and a fitness room, in case you’re interested! Should you have any additional questions, please contact me directly.
Jill Harrison, Executive Director [removed]

Located in a tranquil wooded setting in the heart of the downriver area and minutes from I-75, American House Riverview is ideally situated near family friends, shopping, and familiar medical professionals in Wyandotte, Southgate, Woodhaven, Trenton, and Grosse Ile. American House Riverview is also located close to hospitals including Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital and Oakwood Southshore. Riverview Senior Living provides Independent Living with assistance available.*

Apartment options at Riverview Senior Living include 1 and 2 bedrooms - all with full kitchens, dining areas, and private baths. Property amenities include a dining room, beauty salon/barber shop, fitness room, and much more.

Restaurant-style dining is available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. An Life Enrichment Director plans a wide range of cultural, social and recreational activities and trips. Resident Services also include 24-hour on-site staff and scheduled transportation. Laundry and housekeeping services are also available.

*Medical support services provided by a third party not affiliated with American House.