Atria Kinghaven - Riverview, MI

The facility was excellent. The place was very clean and up-to-date.. Staff was extremely friendly and knowledgeable.

We toured the facility and it is like checking in to a fine hotel. Very nice and clean. The apartment rooms are spacious with a lot of storage. We look forward to moving our father in.

We toured the facility and it is checking in to a fine hotel. Very nice and clean. The apartment rooms are spacious with a lot of storage. We look forward to moving our father in.

So far so good

My husband was impressed when he first looked at this community. They had fresh flowers in the common areas. The community is extremely clean and the grounds are well taken care of. They have snacks available all day and my mother in law loves the food. They offer generous portions and will bring the food to your apartment if needed. They help coordinate grocery deliveries within the complex. She is enjoying the activities including movie night.

They Were A Possible Choice

The community location was further away from my area and it would have been perfect but the location was too far. I noticed they have narrow halls and the cupboard was too high in the apartment.

Take a look at this community

My mother in law stayed here for a short time and it is a nice community. They offer larger food portions and more of a variety than the community she is at now. The community is nice and they have a spectacular entryway. The dining room has nice tablecloths and it reminds me of a restaurant. The cost of this community was just a little to much for her budget.

A good tour!

My tour of Atria Kinghaven went very well. The tour guide was very informative and friendly. The facility was clean and well maintained, it was a good experience to tour.

Satisfied Overall

Overall my father is doing well here at this community.There is room for improvement with the staff. It is is nice looking community. They do a good job with the cleanliness. There are activities offered. The meals are very good. I would recommend this community with some reservations.

Kate Vance

Thank you for being a part of the Atria family. I'm glad to hear that your father is enjoying the community. If you would like to tell me more about your experience, you can email me directly at [removed].

They tried!

This community started off being good, but now it just became not adequate to take care of my moms needs. The community is fine and it is clean and they always have things going on to help the residents stay active.

We checked out several places, but liked the homey feeling of this. Facility

Staff very helpful and friendly. Residents are very nice and welcome you and tell you that you will enjoy your stay. Lots of activities I hope she will try to get involved in. My sister in law likes the food and the helpful staff.the apartments are very nice and good lighting.

I'm pleased with them so far.

I'm pleased with them so far. I don't have any major complaints. I have been impressed with Norma, the head nurse, she does a good job taking care of the residents. I think she is a little fastidious, but I really appreciate that. The grounds are lovely, and the landscaping is terrific, you can tell they put a lot of effort into that. They do a lot of activities, and a lot of special things like a forties night, and other fun themed evenings. They do a lot of things that they invite families to.

Super place!

Wonderful place!!!! Beautiful facility, oodles and oodles of activities, caring staff, and great food! My recently placed sister loves this place as I do.

Love, love loved this facility. Suzanne worked very hard with us to get the monthly rate reduced. However in the end the cost was not within Mom's budget.

Beautiful facility.....pricy.

very welcoming, billing can be a hassle though

I did feel that there was a lack of information that they provided me at orientation. Also, I got a large bill and it was not itemized, so I am not clear exactly what I am paying for. I am sure I can get an itemized statement, but I have to go through a payment processing company that they use, so that's a hassle.

The facility is very very clean, and they made mom feel very welcome right away. They also have a lot of really good activities going on. So there are plenty of positives and overall it has been a generally positive experience, just a few administrative things that I feel they can improve on.

Kate Vance

It is wonderful to hear that you are feeling positive about your experience. We would like to connect with you regarding your billing concerns to see what may have not been clearly communicated. Please feel free to reach out directly via [removed] with your contact info and community name in the subject line so we may quickly include the appropriate directors in the correspondence. We are here to help and welcome you to the Atria Kinghaven Family!

A Cut Above

A cut above American House Riverview Senior Living, much more attractive/higher end, Mom really likes nicer things, immaculate condition, I had a very comfortable feeling there, top notch, Mother as much as she is resistant, she is very set. I would add library out trips as well.

be careful what you sign up for

I really enjoyed the tour and the overall appearance of the facility..
However, be VERY careful with "hidden" charges that will get tacked on to your loved ones bill without consent..
then while looking for an explanation from a representative they actually said to me "I wish my father were still around so I could take care of him..adult care is expensive but its worth it"
seemed like information that did not pertain to my situation at all and seemed like an attempt to sidetrack the conversation

Very nice looking community!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one. This was a very nice looking community! The facility itself was beautiful, and the staff we met were all very friendly and professional! Unfortunately this was outside of the price range that we were looking in, but they are definitely worth a look!

Great place to live

My Mother lived at Atria for over three years and loved it. They always had activities both inside and outside of the facility for residents and their family. She had a lovely room that was cleaned regularly by staff and was watched over well to make sure that she was eating, taking her medication and basically had her well being always in their hands. If anything seemed out of sorts they would call just to let me know or to make sure that she was seen by her Doctor. They also have doctors that visit regularly and monthly meetings where families can discuss with management any issues. Their care staff was always attentive and informative. The dining area offered wonderful meals and had an inviting atmosphere with a fireplace and outside dining in the summer. I found them reasonably priced.

Doing a great job so far

Our loved one hasn't been here long, but so far we've been very pleased with the service. It's a very nice looking facility, and the staff we've worked with have all been very friendly and professional.

Met with Norma. Exterior l...

Met with Norma. Exterior looks great, even with 3 feet of snow. Dining room was dark at noon (may have been overcast. 1 bedroom looked great - very clean and spacious with lots of closets. Making residents wear a Life Alert sounds great, but a dementia patient would forget what that is. Rate seems expensive -- $2,700/month, plus $1,600 new resident fee (plus electric, gas and cable TV = add $125/month). Add $250 per month for Level 1 medication management. This location was where my grandmother stayed (about 15 years ago) Classmate from HS said that Kinghaven lost someone's grandfather for several hours. All in all, it seems like a very pricey location.

Kate Vance

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the exterior and spacious 1 bedroom apartment and I am sorry we could not accommodate your budget. I am concerned, however, about your reference to a lost resident. I will be sure to share your review with the appropriate directors who can ensure that our staff is providing the very best care to those who choose to make Atria their home. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact us at [removed] including “Atria Kinghaven” in your subject line.

Place was nice, but was mor...

Place was nice, but was more apartment life. Mom needs more assisted care.

LaDawn K.

I’m glad to hear that you found our community to be pleasant, and I wanted to let you know that our location does have its assisted living licensure and can provide expanded services to our residents. We are happy to provide you with a brochure with details about our levels of care. If we can answer any questions or if you would like to visit again, please let us know. We can be reached via email at [removed] (include the Atria community name in your subject line) or you can, of course, call or stop by anytime.

Really Happy with Them!

It's really nice. We're really happy with it! Unfortunately my mother-in-law now needs more 24hr care so I think we'll have to look for something else. For what we got I think the value is very good. Kinghaven checks on you every two hours and I don't know if that's enough for my mother-in-law anymore.

I thought the activites were good. I think they offered a lot but my mother-in-law didn't go to a lot of them so I can't say how good they actually were.

Beautiful facility and grou...

Beautiful facility and grounds, expensive

Really Good Reputation

We chose this community because it is located to our friends and family. Atria Kinghaven really have a good reputation around the community. It is located in a suburb but it is surrounded by trees and greenery, which provide several nice places to sit outside and relax.

Very nice entrance and front lobby. ...

Very nice entrance and front lobby. Really liked the dining room.

This is the site that we chose. Plan...

This is the site that we chose. Plan on moving Mom in the first week of July.

Only Mo2Mo. $3050-$3150...

Only Mo2Mo. $3050-$3150 + $650 xtra person. $1600 lifetime fee. Inclds meals/HKeeping/lining washing/transp.

Atria Kinghaven offers residents a lifestyle of ease and comfort. Invite family and friends for a stroll around the six-acre campus or for a game of billiards in the billiards room. Atria Kinghaven is conveniently located near parks, shopping areas, restaurants, and is just fifteen minutes from downtown Detroit.