The Bellaire Senior Living - Riverview, MI

The facility was clean, but the section for memory care was very small and it did not seem like there was a community gathering place for these residents to socialize. Also, my dad is not comfortable with the cost of the level of care my mom would need. It's just a matter of him deciding whether he wants her driving him crazy all day or paying what it will cost to take care of her.

Glade air fresheners plugged in in the halls. Not a pleasant smell. No life alert system. No tub cutouts in the two units I saw. Room air conditioners high on wall and out of reach. Calling desk to change temp not a viable alternative. Didn't see any residents in common areas on my tour. Neighborhood industrial and unpleasant. Price was modest.

Great atmosphere

The whole team is great there .. I placed my lovely one there 2 years ago , and the most import thing for me that the care was fabulous from the medical team ..

Commons areas are nice..
The studio apartment I was shown reeked of stale urine... you get hit in the face as soon as the door opened... Reminded me of a very cheap Hotel room...
The Apartment I was shown also had a stale odor about it... stoves are shut off.but left in the rooms... residents can not cook in room other than toaster and coffee pot and I believe microwave. They encourage the residents to come down for their meals...
Meals...Continental breakfast: HB eggs, toast or muffin coffee tea.. Food is at the top of my moms list of wants....fancy breakfast served once a month...
Otherwise the menu reminded me of typical hospital
Food.

Natalie Bryan

I am very sorry for your negative experience. The Bellaire continually strives to improve and offer a quality and safe environment. The studio apartment was on our work list for carpet replacement the following week and has brand new carpet, our staff works very hard to ensure we are smell free from unpleasant odors. We invite you for another tour as sometimes a second tour brings out different amenities and could offer a homemade delicious lunch prepared by our cook.

A fabulous staff & community

My husband and I are very pleased with this community, the staff, and the care and encouragement they have given my father-in-law plus they stay in touch with us on a regular basis. He likes his room and his furnishing fit well so it is starting to feel more like home to him. There are a lot of amenities offered here for the residents and my father-in-law has shown some interest in a few of them, he does like going to the dining room and he enjoys the food. We would definitely recommend setting up a tour as it is a great place.

Natalie Bryan

Thank you for the lovely review! We are so happy to have your father and yourselves as part of our Bellaire Family. We want all of our residents to love their new home, new friends and new community, if we can assist in anyway please let us know. YOUR satisfaction is OUR priority!!!

Community is very nice

My mother really enjoys living here. The staff is wonderful very kind and friendly and helpful. They were extremely professional during the hurricane made sure everyone was safe and did their best to keep order in a stressful time. The community is always clean and well maintained however it has suffered flooding from the storm and will take a couple of months to get repaired so for that amount of time the residents have had to make other arrangement living options. The food has always been very good. Mom is looking forward to returning to the community once it reopens.

Natalie Bryan

What a lovely review, however, you have us confused with a different community as we are located in Michigan and suffer no ill effects of Hurricane. We do wish everyone touched by this awful event in Florida the very best and prayers :)

The units I saw in the past for a personal visit, was in the locked floor. The smell of urine hit me at the door. I was not at all impressed. But the lady I met with was quite nice.

Natalie Bryan

I am very sorry to hear that you encountered smells. The Bellaire works diligently to provide an environment that is safe, healthy and free from unpleasant odors. We are currently investigating, it may have been at a time that a resident had a recent bowel accident. I would be happy to invite you for a second tour at your convenience. We do appreciate your comments and we are always striving to improve. We want to provide the best quality and care to your loved one and they will be happy and loved by OUR family.

Friendly Residents!!

I have no complaints of how things are going for my mother since she made the move into this community. She is finally getting settled and made lots of new friends already. Her highlight of the day is meal time with the other ladies as well as some of the activities they have throughout the week. I am impressed with the overall facility and would recommend it to anyone.

Mom's Care and Comfort

We like the care at this community. The staff are outstanding and always caring and keeping me informed. The community is clean and this is a nice enviroment for all the residents. They have alot of excellent healthy meals that my mom does like. She does get offered to do activites with the other residents. We would recommend the care and the value of this community to other residents for nice care.

Disrespectful employee

I was there visiting my loved one yesterday, and I over heard one lady yelling at one of the residents. Saying she didn't have time to be gentle with her because she was in a hurry. Makes me think how does she act with my loved one. There are a lot of nice and understanding people working there. But that lady is always rude to the residents they don't deserve to be yelled at constantly. The place should look into how this lady treats the residents.

Natalie Bryan

Kelly, this is not something we tolerate in our community. If you could please contact The Bellaire office so we can investigate and rectify any such treatment. Every one of our residents and our families is very important to us and we would greatly appreciate your help so we may take immediate action.

Tour was Good

Very nice tour. Staff was very friendly, and kind. The community looked great. Everything went well, and it was a good experience.

Natalie Bryan

Thank you for taking the time to tour our community and leave a review. I would be happy to help with any questions you may have or to take a second look :)

Natalie

I visited The Bellaire in February 2016. It is a nice place with no odor. The dining room is very nice and lunch smelled great. The common rooms are very nice and updated. The apartments need some updating. Some have been updated and are very nice with granite countertops and new cabinets. Prices are very reasonable also. This just may be the place for mom.

The guidance given was appreciated and a real time saver! The Bellaire Senior Liiving Center in Riverview, MI is an exceptional facility and I would recommend it highly!

Great living for any senior citizen Downriver

My sister and I took a tour at the Bellaire in Riverview, Mi. to see what the apts looked like, for my mother. We were so impressed that we went and suggested it to our mom. Unfortunately my mother is not ready to leave her home yet, as we are the ones who think it is time for her to go to assisted living. We are hoping when she is ready that there will be a place available for her at the Bellaire. The cost, friendly staff, activities, eating services, and the care she would get are all above what we were expecting.
I would highly recommend this apt complex to anyone who is in need of this type of living.

Overall a Nice Community

So far my mother is doing pretty well since her move to this community. It is still an adjusting process, but overall I know she is in a good place. It is a nice looking community, but I do think the rooms need some updating. For the most part my experience with the staff has been a good one. There are a few activities offered, but not to many. The meals can use some improvements. They do have good prices compared to others, and overall I would recommend this community.

A small community, very clean. I didn't care for the shared units, liked the private one bedroom. They didn't have any studio apt. open so I didn't look at one. I would have my mom live there, I need to look around more, from a 1 to 10 I would give it a 8

My dad is doing good here. The staff is nice and helpful for his needs. They do need a little improvement on the meals to have more nutrition on what is being served. They do have activities , but he is not able to participate. The room does need to be replaced. I would recommend this to families, but they would need to see if this is a good fit for a loved ones needs.

Natalie Bryan

We are blessed to have your father as part of our family. We strive to ensure all residents and their families are completely satisfied with our community and all comments and advice are of utmost importance and a high priority. We welcome your advice and concerns and ask if you could notify our Director. Therefore, we are able to know exactly where to concentrate building and service updates and renovations.

Good Rehab Program

My father was at this facility for their rehab program. His experience was very nice and they cared for him very well. He really liked it here and I was very pleased. The rehab was very good. I would recommend this facility for their rehab program, it was a very good experience.

The Bellaire has been wonderful to my mom who has alzheimers. She has her own apartment.The staff is unbelievable nice and patient to her. The food is really good and even my father buys meals and sits with her.We had a difficult decision to make and we felt overwhelmed but they made it so much easier.I would recommend them to anyone.

Natalie Bryan

Thank you for the lovely review. We are so happy to have your loved one become part of our family :)

Friendly, intimate feeling community

Overall our experience with The Bellaire has been a very good one! The place has a very friendly, intimate feel, and the facility is always clean and well kept. The office and aide staff are friendly and personable, and they really seem to care. The staff know all of the residents and their family by name!

Natalie Bryan

Thank you for the review. We are blessed to have made your loved one part of our Bellaire Family.

medicaid waiver +locked units +private bedrooms

The Bellaire is one of the few non nursing home options, with a locked (dementia) care unit + accepts medicaid waiver, this is HUGE! Without them my mother would have been in a nursing home, 2 or 3 per hospital style room. Because of Bellaire we were able to give her 24 hour care, in a locked wing, with her own bedroom and using the medicaid waiver (which if you qualify for is amazing).
I can firmly say this is one of your best options in Metro Detroit for that type of care.
Thank you Bellaire.

Natalie Bryan

Thank you so much for the review. Your mother was a special lady and we loved her and feel blessed to have had her part of our Bellaire Family. She will be deeply missed by our staff and the staff of The Care Team.

Great Place

Our dad was only at the Bellaire for less than two months before he passed away. At 95 it was a big adjustment for him to not be in his own home. The staff did all they could to make his transition as easy as possible. His room was very comfortable. A one bedroom apt vs just a bed in a room. We moved in his own furniture and hung family pictures on the walls to make it more homey, to help with his memory issues. He enjoyed eating in the dining room, with his "Buddies". And sitting with the other patients in the family room. The staff at both Bellaire and his care team Generations were great. And the price for his full care package was less than other places we checked. Feel blessed they had a room for Dad when we desperately needed one. If the need ever arises again, we would pick Bellaire.

Natalie Bryan

Thank you for the review. Even though Fred was part of our family for a short time, he has made a big impact with our staff and the staff of Generations. He is going to be deeply missed by his Bellaire Family!!!

There was not a lot of interaction, it wasn't very social.

I toured here when I was looking for options. There was not a lot of interaction, it wasn't very social. It was old, and the rooms weren't updated. It was dark, people can't heal or be happy in the dark. They didn't go and do things. It wasn't for my mother.

Natalie Bryan

I am very sorry your visit was disappointing. We offer 3-4 activities daily and on the weekends as well as implement new and fresh activities regularly. Your visit may have been right after we finished an activity or party. As far as lighting, we recently had our entire building updated with special LED which was a significant investment to ensure the health to our residents eyes. I would be happy to schedule a second visit as sometimes more amenities are noted with subsequent visits.

The Bellaire Senior living

My Mother has been living at the Bellaire Senior Living for a couple of years now, and I can tell you that was the best decision we have made. The staffs of Generations home care is friendliness and the aides has great knowledge of Dementia care. I can not express how grateful I am with the staff, on how they are with my mother. The food is great as well and the building itself is beautiful. If you are thinking about moving your family to the Bellaire, you should, and I promise you that you will not regret it.

Natalie Bryan

Thank you for the review. We feel blessed to have your mother as part of our Bellaire Family. We are continually seeking to learn and implement new and effective programs in helping residents with Dementia and Alzheimer's. We strive to make our community stand out from others to provide a safe and happy environment.

Great to place loved ones

Staff is very friendly and helpful, the place is very clean and the price is affordable.

extremely friendly

They were extremely friendly, gave us everything that we need, gave us a nice guided tour, and were able to accommodate us right away. They have three decent meals a day and is able to have more if she just asks. She loves the fact that there is a place to have her hair done, and if she ever wants to make any changes to any of the services they provide, they are very accommodating. Mom is very happy at The Bellaire. We really appreciate them.

Great Place

Can't say enough nice things about Bellaire and the people. Mom spent the last few years of life there and I didn't have to worry about her safety. People should think about assisted care sooner than later while they can still enjoy all that Bellaire offers.

Natalie Bryan

Thank you for the review. Your mother was such a dear and special lady, we feel blessed to call her part of our Bellaire Family. She will be deeply missed by our staff and the staff of The Care Team.

The community is very good, and it's clean.

We toured here as an option. The community is very good, and it's clean. It doesn't have that smell that most communities have, it had a very fresh smell.

Very nice looking community!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one. This was a very nice looking community! The facility itself was beautiful, and the staff we met were all very friendly and professional! Unfortunately this was outside of the price range that we were looking in, but they are definitely worth a look!

Fantastic.

Every time I’ve visited they’ve been fantastic. Everyone is very friendly. It’s very, very clean. I think it will be a wonderful, wonderful place. The staff is very helpful. The value for the money – and I went to ten different places – I’ve heard great reviews for the Bellaire.

Pleased and happy

I’d say it’s good. My loved one is pleased and happy with it, so that makes me pleased and happy. The food is okay – some times it’s good and sometime its just okay. There is enough parking for visitors. They offer a game that my loved one doesn’t really care for, but on a daily basis they could change it up and offer some more exciting things to do.

Very pleased!

My uncle has been living here for a few months, and it has been great for him and the rest of my family so far. He is very comfortable there and seems to be well taken care of. The staff is very helpful, they communicate often and efficiently, and they are very cooperative. They also helped make the process of working with A Place for Mom very easy and took a lot of weight off my family's shoulder's. I would definitely recommend The Bellaire and A Place for Mom!

It was a beautiful facility.

It was a beautiful facility. It was a really nice place, huge! It was clean, the staff was friendly. It's all independent living, and they don't take any medicaid. It was a little more expensive than we thought.

Natalie Bryan

Thank you for touring our community. We are a community designed to be your loved ones last move, offering apartments from completely independent to having extra assistance or fullcare or secured. Although, we are not a skilled nursing center and do not take medicaid we are able to take residents with MI-Choice Medicaid Waiver. I would be happy to give you more information regarding this program.

We Can Sleep At Night

We are very happy with The Bellaire. We live in the area and pop in quite frequently and have always been pleased with the care she is receiving and the overall experience of the facility.
The Staff gets high marks, they genuinely care for their residents. They are always available if we have concerns and follow-up in a timely manner.
It wasn't an easy transition for her but the staff made sure she got all the attention she needed, she now calls it home!
We like that there is a staff Dr. that can visit her in her "home" if needed and home health care professionals on duty 24/7 in case of emergency.
We sleep at night knowing that our 95 year old mother is safe, getting balanced meals, activities to keep her stimulated and she is happy.

Natalie Bryan

Thank you for the lovely review, we are so excited to have your mother as part of our Bellaire family.

Limited availability and no...

Limited availability and not a turn-key operation. 1BR currently available is on secured floor. Next one expected to be available is still on a higher floor. May have more people she possibly already knows. Sales person felt like a sales person and talked more to us than to D. Felt very rushed in the touring, and just felt more like a sales pitch.

Natalie Bryan

Thank you for touring. I am here to assist you and your family with any questions or a second tour at your convenience.

It has taken a lot of stress and worry off of me.

I really enjoy it, the prices are reasonable, and its nice place to work with. It has taken a lot of stress and worry off of me. You can add on extra services as you need, like medication management. The people are friendly and the community is clean.

Natalie Bryan

Thank you for the review. Your mother was a special lady and we feel so blessed she was part of our Bellaire Family. She is missed by our staff and the staff of The Care Team.

TOO EXPENSIVE. ONLY CONTIN...

TOO EXPENSIVE. ONLY CONTINENTAL BRKFST. CLEAN. OLER LOOKING RM/IN-OP STOVE STILL IN APT. SECURE. I BDRM

Natalie Bryan

Thank you for touring. We strive to offer the best price for value. I would be happy to answer any questions or second tour at your convenience.

Natalie was first to call a...

Natalie was first to call and e-mail me. Very friendly and informative. I liked the 'small community' feel. Wish there were more availability options.

Natalie Bryan

Thank you for touring, I am sorry we did not have an available apartment at the time you needed, I hope you will refer to any perspective residents in the future.

There is an Odor

We did not choose that one because of the smell. They were very friendly - the people there were very very friendly but it had an odor to it.

Natalie Bryan

Thank you for taking the time to tour our community, we take pride in offering a friendly, safe and beautiful environment. We are investigating the reason you may have experienced an odor and we would love to have you revisit at your convenience. I am confident that you will find a second visit to be free of any smells and I would love to have the opportunity to discuss the personal needs your loved one and you are looking for in your search for a senior community.

I think we've found our new...

I think we've found our new home for my father, this place is close and committed to their residents, AND they are the least expensive in the downriver area.

Natalie Bryan

Thank you for touring, we look forward to having your father become part of our Bellaire family. Please let me know if I can assist in any way.

The best so far

The best so far

Natalie Bryan

Thank you for touring, I am here to assist if you have any question or would like to schedule a second tour at your convenience.

Our goal is for each resident to maintain their independence. However, you have peace of mind that if help is required, AFFORDABLE personal care services are available. We have a Home Care service provider available on-site 24/7 that will customize a care plan specific to your needs!