Magnolias of Summerville - Summerville, SC

My dad was a resident at Magnolias of Summerville for three years. I could not have made a better decision for my family and him. He was safe and in very capable hands. The staff at Magnolias loved him like he was their own dad. I have and would recommend Magnolias to anyone who is looking for long term care for aging parents.

A few visits

I was visiting this place for my grandfather and my initial concern once I got near the rooms but a strong odor smell and I even heard another employee reprimanding another one for washing another residents clothes when it wasn't his day even though it should have been done. Very unprofessional. I asked a few employees how long they had been there and even the director and director of nursing hadn't been there long. They are also over priced for such small rooms. I would keep looking.

Cindy Reinheimer

We are sorry that you did not have a good experience. We at Magnolias strive to have a facility that is clean and inviting. The Executive Director has been here for 2 years and the Nursing staff has been here longer. Some of our caregivers have been here for 16 years. The pricing is based on the market value in the area. Hope that if you ever need a home in the future that you would give Magnolias another try.

Nice looking place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one. I thought this was a very nice looking place overall, and it was our second choice out of the communities we looked at. The facility itself was clean and well taken care of, and the staff all seemed friendly and caring.

Cindy Reinheimer

Thank you so much! If you need us in the future please stop by again.

Mom living at Magnolias

Hi, I am really pleased and satisfied with the care mom is getting. They care about the food they give their diabetic
residents. Mom hasn't had to have an insulin injection but
once since she has been there . Now, moms only been at
Magnolias since June 30, 2014, so right now I do rate them
highly. It is a much cleaner facility than where she was and the people that work there are efficient and very helpful to
her and the family. Oh! the rooms are all large.
We are excited we found this place, mom likes it too.

Thank you so much!

The room in this place are dirty.

My husbnd was released to this skilled nursing home yesterday. I could not leave him there because the place was so dirty. The bed was only a little more than a cot! The comode did not work. I was really hot and the odor was awful. I saw only one nurse for the nursing station. Our case worker is trying to find us another place.

Cindy Reinheimer

I wonder if you may have the wrong place. Magnolias of Summerville is an Assisted Living Facility, We do not provide Skilled Care at this facility. Our resident bring their furniture from home to make them feel at home.

A Place to make Mom happy

I was so impressed with the initial visit, I cancelled the other ones I had made.

Thank you so much!

You couldn't ask for a better place, seriously

We've been very pleased with Magnolias, they go above and beyond what's expected of them, they answer any questions, no matter how unimportant it may seem. It's clean, the people that work there know her by her name, her likes and dislikes and you couldn't ask for a better place. They're always trying to get her to do things, my mother is a little stubborn so she doesn't but they're just fantastic. This is her first time living away from home and she's having a very hard time adjusting, it has nothing to do with the place or the staff, but she's a very stubborn lady. They have tried so hard to get her to do the arts and crafts but she says she doesn't want to be with those "old peopel" even though she's older than some of them. My mother loves the cooks, she doesn't like the food but whatever they cook for her she isn't going to like. They go out of their way to make sure she eats and they've gone out of their way to help. You can drop by anytime you want, it doesn't matter what time of day you go. Out of 5 I would give them a 6 or 7!

Assisted living only...

Assisted living only. Facility is small but very clean with all of the services expected in an assisted living scenario. Two nurses stations...staff extremely friendly. Was told all of the residents know each other due to small size. Is in nice area located right beside Summerville Medical Center and beside Nason emergency care. Location is approximately 7 miles from house. Base rate includes all meals, utilities, housekeeping, laundry, reminders for bathing and hygiene, dressing and activities programming. Private suite $3233.00 Base plus inlcudes all of the base plus medication management. $3449.00 There are 3levels of assistance offered above the base and based Lvl I $3828.00 Lvl II $4206.00 Lvl III $4585.00

Thank you!!!

Clean facility. Manager was friendly ...

Clean facility. Manager was friendly & informative. During the tour, she advised a resident she would get her some help but did not. She continued with my tour while the resident struggled to get down the hall in her wheelchair.

Loved this place and the director.

Loved this place and the director.

Thank you so much!

Not quite ready for this small sized ...

Not quite ready for this small sized units just yet. Still looking.

Magnolias of Summerville is a community designed to serve the needs of those requiring incremental levels of assistance in the aging process. We provide support based on the particular needs of each resident. This individualized care allows each resident to enjoy a feeling of independence similar to living at home, but without any of the worries associated with managing a household independently—such as grocery shopping, preparing meals, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance or yard work. At Magnolias of Summerville, our residents relax knowing they won't have any of these concerns. Individualized activities and outstanding meal programs allow for an enriched and engaging lifestyle.

We are proud to offer one of the finest, specially staffed Alzheimer's and dementia care programs in the Summerville area. Our community is designed and operated around the specific needs of individuals with memory impairment. Our memory care provides individualized programs that enrich residents' lives and enable them to function at the highest possible level. Each resident's care at Magnolias of Summerville begins with an initial assessment, which assists in building a complete picture of his or her needs. The outcome of this detailed assessment ensures that your loved one will receive the proper level of care and comfort.