Pinewood Place - Goose Creek, SC

Pinewood Place - Goose Creek, SC has yet not published prices.

Was not excited, it was like buying a used car, you always felt like you were getting shined on.

I would suggest doing a review of elder care and what really needs to be done for your loved one. Before placing in either a nursing home or a assisted living like this one.

I have found that while the hospitality towards the bill payer is over the top, to care on overnight shifts is not great. Also make sure you understand the billing process and you quote what you understand to them before leaving. It took two months to get the billing to what was written in the contract.

They ruined a few of my Dad's clothes at laundry, and lost some for a few weeks. Housekeeping only happens once a week, if something happens prior to that, no one gets it cleaned up. And for 4K a month you would think cable and a phone would be included.

My Dad was supposed to get Therapy while there in the 4 moths he was there, it never happened. The Medical transport service they use to transport people to the hospital and back, charge 750.00 - 1800.00 per one way. (I am guessing there is a kick back built in).

[Name removed] was great

I came to tour your community for my grandma who lives close by, and [Name removed]was so helpful and kind, she really made the tour pleasant. We still have some time until we move our grandma in somewhere (we are just thinking ahead), but we love how compassionate everyone was there.. definitely our Top community so far!!

Nice place. Nice tour. Family like atmosphere.

Attentive and communicative

Everything is going okay with my love one being here. The staff is definitely giving her the attention that she needs. The staff is very communicative: I can ask them any questions and if I request anything they fulfill it by the next day or maybe sometimes within the hour. What stood out to me the most when I first toured the facility is how all the staff spoke to us. They offered their services if we had any questions and I was very impressed by that. I recommend this property.

Nice Tour!!

I have had no complaints about how things had went during my tour of this community. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. I liked the open floor plan and thought they did a great job with the presentation of the entire facility. It was just not the right location for my loved one at the time.

This Was My Favorite Tour

I would have to say out of all the communities that we toured this one has to be my favorite. Overall the environment was pleasant the residents and the staff seemed very happy. The residents were engaged in something they were not all just sitting around in wheelchairs. The community offers complimentary transportation to shopping centers and other various things to do in the surrounding areas.

Not a good fit

We were almost all set to move into Pinewood Place but they kept moving the move-in date. And then there was the one time we were there and they were moving a deceased person out through the front entrance and we decided we would move her to another facility.

Very Clean and very helpful. There didn't seem to be a lot of activity among the residents. The activity room was neat and they had a lot of options of things to do, just didn't see too many residents. Great location!!!

Comfort for mom!!

My mother is doing well since her move to Pinewood Place. She is adjusting pretty well. The staff has been taking good care of her, and the facility is maintained clean. The food from what I have seen is very good.

Mom is Happy

My mom is doing well and settling in as a resident. She has adjusted and she is happy with the facility and amenities. The activities are nice, she has care, and she is stimulated. She is even happy that it is pet friendly.

Pricey!

Pinewood Place was a very nice facility and we got a very good tour of it. Everyone there was very friendly and the tour guide was informative. The reason we chose another community was price, this one was out of my friend's budget.

So far so good

Mom is doing pretty good living at Pinewood. She likes to participate in some of the daily activities they offer. The staff are friendly. They keep the community clean. I have had a pleasant experience so far and I currently feel comfortable with her living here.

Too Far To Travel To

It was all good during tours. The people were very good and I did not make an appointment, I just stopped by. I knocked on the door and took me around showing me the whole community. It had a spacious apartment with nice activities. It was a friendly community with very good care. However, this was not close to me.

Beautiful Community!!

Everything involved in this community was excellent. The staff where all so friendly and very welcoming during our tour. The community was very comfortable and had lots of great amenities. This was a perfect fit for my loved one and I absolutely recommend this facility.

Great Community.

This community is excellent, My mom did not move in, but they have excellent staff members. This community is clean and very nice. I would recommend other families to this community.

Be Cautious

My friend spent 10 months there and every time he had an issue or complaint, they sent him to the Emergency room. They are not equipped to handle any pt with dementia that has any anger issue. I was led to believe they were specialist in this area, but that is certainly not the case. Staffing is very limited, and they only have inexperienced staff that do not know how to resolve any issue. If there is any problem after hours...the call to the nurse will result in an emergency room visit with EMS. The bathroom floor was so dirty on one visit that I had to mop it myself, and it looked like it had never been cleaned before. If your loved one is not quiet and sedate, this is not the place for them. I also had to ask to look at his medicine sheet as he was experiencing dizziness and weakness..and discovered one of his medicines was not being given. It is overpriced and more than even some of the "nicer and newer" communities.

Enlivant Representative

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We're sorry to hear about your poor experience. Will you please call our Divisional Vice President at [removed] to discuss your concerns further?

We loved Pinewood Place! We liked the cleanliness, the friendliness, and the helpfulness of the staff. We could see the residents were all well cared for and appeared to enjoy being there. They are in the process of getting new furniture after the new paint throughout the place. The cost were again, a little higher than we thought it would be, but it is also a place we will consider.

Beware!!!

Make sure that your loved one's level of care is properly evaluated. My mother only stayed there a week. She fell 3 times in 4 days. ER Doctor recommended no taking her back. Cindy just wants to fill rooms and took over 10,000 from us. Would not refund anything. That was an expensive week and my mother was not properly cared for. No communication throughout facility. Huge disappointment. Look elsewhere

Nice place, overall!

Overall our experience at Pinewood Place has been a fairly good one! It's a nice looking facility, and they've been doing a lot of work on the place. They just finished repainting it and they're planning to re-do the carpeting as well. The people here are friendly, and it has a good social atmosphere. Really our only issue has been with the plumbing, in that the hot water doesn't come out nearly hot enough.

great facility

There is not anything I think that they could improve. IT is a great facility and we're very pleased here.

Pinewood Place - "Home" for family

My father resided at Pinewood Place for several months. He enjoyed being there and called it "home". The meals are delicious. The employees and administrators are polite, caring, and most helpful in any capacity. My husband and I live out-of-state, but we had no qualms about Dad being in the care of Pinewood. Any time that we had a problem, something that needed to be clarified, questions or concerns, we contacted the Administration and were given answers immediately. Downsides were that due to Dad's level of care, we dealt with fluctuating monthly charges which far exceeded the average pricing; also his prescription medications were not covered by Medicare. Pinewood Place was a good experience for Dad overall, and we are glad that he resided there.

Water temperature is cold

The place is overpriced. I have not had enough time there and I'm not there all the time. It is very distressing and I brought it to their attention that the water in the bathroom does not get hot or warm. She's having to take a shower in cold water. They said the temperature should be at 120 or less and I feel it is under 120. They checked the temperature and it is where it should be at.

Horrible place

My mother was residing here for 3 months and all she did was complain of mole smell, not getting her baths, meals was always late or never on time. [removed] This was truly a horrible experience and I will never recommend anyone to this place.

Forthright and Honest

The director and nurse and office staff have been extremely forthright and honest in their approach to everything. I think some of the housekeeping services in the individual rooms could be improved and perhaps some of the scheduling for when the residents are bathed and things like that.

Tour went very well. Found this place to be bright and clean. Residents were friendly, didn't see any that were upset or unhappy. Their studio room is quite small but would work while waiting for a one bedroom apartment. Bathrooms were spacious and the walk in shower would be perfect to accommodate my Mom. The only problem I found there was they don't have high rise toilets. That is easily fixed with a commode. I was happy to see that they had a small kitchen in each unit with a refrigerator and microwave. Hallways were wide so if 2 residents in wheelchairs were in the same area at the same time they could easily pass. Also found handrails in the hallway to assist should a resident need help. Residents are encouraged to eat their meals together in the diningroom, they do not deliver meals to individual rooms which encourages ongoing socialization. Beautiful courtyard in the center where there are flowers, bird houses and feeders along with seating. Nice activity calendar and a monthly event for family members of residents. It is a smaller facility so I would assume residents wouldn't get "lost" in their population. Found them to be helpful with providing information about the possibility of a veterans benefit, hospice and therapy care. This was a very positive tour and I am encouraged to see how much nicer this facility is from what I remember from my grandmother's day in a nursing home. Because of the close proximity to my home and my brother's home, this facility will be a serious consideration as we tour the others on our list.

Very helpful in the transition

Working out well so far!

So far we're very pleased with how things have gone at Pinewood Place! Whenever I visit things always look clean and well kept, and the staff all seem very friendly. My loved one always seems well cared for, I think they do a good job here overall.

Nice place

Pinewood Place is a nice community for seniors who are on the more active and able side. My loved one did quite well here for a long time. The staff are friendly, and it is a nice looking facility. However when her memory care needs started to advance I found that their memory care services were not as hands on as she needed.

We loved everything about P...

We loved everything about Pinewood! The people were awesome to work with, the facility was beautiful and welcoming. It is also close to where we are moving, and that was a big issue for me. We have chosen Pinewood Place as the place for Mom.