BRIDGE ASSISTED LIVING AT LIFE CARE CENTER OF CHARLESTON - North Charleston, SC

BRIDGE ASSISTED LIVING AT LIFE CARE CENTER OF CHARLESTON - North Charleston, SC has yet not published prices.

My Dad's Days of Suffering In This Place!

My dad has been in this place less than a month and he has the battle wounds to show for it! That is a sad fact and unfortunately true. He has had his feeding tube cut, not torn but cut according to the ER doctor that fixed it. He has bruises on his arm as well as a finger nail mark that evidently gouged his tender, thin skin. We were told he did it himself, of course. They take no responsibility at this place. The next thing to happen to my dad was that a Tech told him to walk down the hall knowing that he has a broken hip as well as a fracture that has not healed correctly and therefore he can not put any weight on his leg. So when this Tech told him to walk, he tried to get up out of his wheelchair and walk and he fell and hit his head. Now he has a large goose egg bump on his forehead. The Tech claimed she turned away to pour out the water and took her eyes off him. Well, that really makes us feel better knowing that they forgot to watch my dad. Not! That angers me and scares me for his safety. He has overcome so much lately and I would hate to think that a place like this is making his quality of life worthless! That seems to be enough but no, my dad now has a bruised and puffed up hand from "hitting it on the bed rail" according to the nurse. My dad is 81 years old and has thin and fragile skin and the staff there seems to treat him any way but tender. We are asking God to help us get him out of this place and into a safe place. He deserves to be treated well and not like a punching bag!