Quality Care Residential Home - Goose Creek, SC

Bad

Not as good care as I expected. My Mom fell Easter Sunday. Also got pneumonia.!! Put her there Feb.2nd. She died April 15th.!! Hospice there also dropped the ball.!!All assured me after fall didn't need to go to hospital.!! Not true.!!! Also lady in room with her sick. She died Thursday after Easter.!!

Doing great

My mom is doing great here, and I like that it is a residential care with only 16 residents. mom's room is very nice, and the setup of the home is has a comfortable feeling with the dining room, TV room, and kitchen all centered in the middle. There's a nice front porch with rocking chairs where my mom likes to go and there is also a courtyard in the back. The staff is friendly and caring and they stayed in contact with me during the hurricane treat so I knew my mom was safe. I glad my mom is happy here.

Did Not Care For This Community

I was not happy with my experience here at all. On the majority of the tours we had gone on we spent about an hour having people show us around and explaining the pricing structure and giving us good information but here the tour lasted about 20 minutes. It was a scheduled tour and the person who was assigned to us was not there it was passed on to another staff member who wasn't prepared due to no fault of their own. Walking around I did not like the fact of residents just sitting around in wheelchairs not doing anything and not being attended too.

The place appeared clean and the residents appeared okay. The rooms were extremely tiny and they all shared two bathrooms per hall. The person who gave us the tour was polite, but there was no interaction with any of the residents making it appear as if she didn't know them. My parents would have to have two rooms if they were to go here, which is not an option at this time.

Toured

We toured this facility, and overall I just wasn't impressed by what I saw, it wasn't what we were looking for. The place had more of a nursing home feel, and Dad needed somewhere a little more active. I also didn't like that they had communal restrooms instead of a private restroom for each room.

They seem like they took a lot of pride in keeping the facility clean, and really worked on one on one care. That's what kind of set them apart from the other communities we looked at.

Good job overall

We used this facility for my loved one for a brief time, and I feel like they did a good job overall. Her health ended up taking a sudden turn for the worse and we had to move her out, but while she was here I felt like she was happier and her health was improving.

Pleased with it so far

My loved one seems happy here. The home itself is nice looking and clean, and the staff are friendly, and helpful. We're very pleased with it so far.