Cypress Place - Summerville, SC

Cypress Place - Summerville, SC has yet not published prices.

Positive experiences here

Our first visit to Cypress House determined that mom could not be a resident due to wound conditions that she had. The staff was very nice and professional and they made alternative suggestions for her situation at the time. After her wounds healed they were my first choice for where I wanted her to go. They gave her an assessment to determine her health and cognitive abilities and all was good. In the days leading up to her move they were very accommodating. Everyone is friendly and the place is clean and they have an upbeat atmosphere. Unfortunately the very day she was to move in my mother passed away. In the days following as we removed her items they continued to be very supportive and kind.

I also liked that their prices were all inclusive with no surprises.

I had heard good things about them from several friends and believe they were right in recommending this place for my mom.

Sister property of Pinewood Place

While looking at other locations for my love one I discovered that his is the sister property of Pinewood Place so it’s laid out pretty similarly. The staff team here is just as nice, friendly, and knowledgeable.

This community is very nice. The tour lasted about an hour maybe a little less. The staff took time to explain pricing and what they offered they asked about what my moms care level needs where they were interested in our circumstances and what we were looking for. The community itself was very nice and the staff we met were friendly and kind. The residents that we saw looked happy.

Very Clean and Super Friendly. All the residents that were observed seemed to be happy.

Active Staff!!

I have no complaints of how things are going for my mother since she made the move into this community. I am very impressed with the staff and their aggressive approach to make sure my mom is getting offered the activities as well as other events. They are always going to her room to try and get her out and involved in what is going on throughout the day. They defiantly try their best and I appreciate that very much. Overall I am very satisfied with the care and would recommend it to anyone.

Overall Pleased with this Community

I'am overall satisfied with everything this community has done for our family. My mother is doing well since her move to this community. I do feel she is safe, and in good hands in this facility. Everything about this community is really nice, and it is a facility I would recommend to my family, and friends.

At Cypress Place

My wife is doing well at this community. She is enjoying the activities and meals they provide to their residents.

Excellent Staff at This Community

So far everything is working out pretty well for my loved one with her move to this community. She is still adjusting, but I do feel satisfied with her move here. The staff is excellent. They are taking good care of her, and her needs. There are good activities, and nice meals offered for the residents. This is a community I would recommend to my family, and friends.

Very nice. Staff was very friendly and answered all of our questions. Very clean.

Cypress Place is HOME!

Cypress Place is a blessing! The community relations manager worked with our family to resolve all of our concerns and hesitations for weeks. Mom was extremely hesitant to move in until we took her for a visit, she fell in love with the staff and other residents. The team treats her like a queen, she is so happy there after being by herself at home for years. Thank you so much for all you do at your community to help the lovely residents.

We chose this community over others because of the size and great value. They are a smaller community where everyone knows your name and they even know me and the rest of my family. This is home!

Ridiculously disappointing

This is mostly dementia patients that I have seen some of the staff treat poorly. They hold anyone else who doesn't have dementia [Removed]....they can go into the crappy "garden" are, but now to sit on the rocking chairs out front. The food is horrible, prepackaged garbage that is detrimental to the health of those that live there. [removed]. The new Executive Director at Cypress is[Removed] and mostly unavailable. The ladies that work there are nice, however the management SUCKS and needs a complete overhaul. They LIE LIE LIE to get you sucked in, only to break every promise they make. If you care for your family member, DO NOT put them in this filthy "facility" to be held hostage. [Removed]

Spacious Suites and Friendly Atmosphere

My mom is doing well, it was difficult to transition but she is where she needs to be. Her ability was limited and the staff are friendly while assisting her. She is making contact and getting to know the residents. The meals are being eaten and they are getting her medication on time. It is a very nice place and I get a friendly feel and it is very attractive. Mom is in a little suite that is a nice size comparable to other places. The residents are friendly and the community is a lot closer. I would recommend them.

Very Clean With Nice People

This is a great community with a cozy and understanding atmosphere. My dad was here for a week but he liked it so much that he wanted to stay permanently. The people here are so nice and it was really clean, that was most important to us. They have such wonderful staff and we were pleased with the care and compassion.

Depressing Atmosphere!!

The staff seemed like they had great care to offer the residents, however the complex seemed very depressing. It is not a place where I would want my loved one to be living.

Cypress Place was clean, well maintained, the staff were all friendly and helpful, the residents all appeared to be well cared for and the staff knew them. The cost was higher than we had hoped due to my parents limitations, but it is a place we will consider.

Very clean very nice. What I like is that it is small and easy to move around in. I think it would be less confusing for a 90year old to get used to. The minus, it is way to far from us. Keeping on my list

The personnel they have are extremely helpful, extremely cooperative, and extremely understanding and I cannot say anything bad about them.

Review of Cypress Place in Summerville, SC

Due to financial situation I had to move my father from this facility. He was a resident for three years here. He thrived at Cypress Place and enjoyed being a resident. Everyone was very friendly, courteous and kind. I had only good things to say about Cypress Place.

Review of Cypress Place in Summerville, SC

My mother feels safe here. She likes the staff. I like the fact that staff seems to care about all residents.

Review of Cypress Place in Summerville, SC

I make the best of my home here - I will not move. They keep it clean here and it's not crowded. We get along with each other. everyone is good to me.

Review of Cypress Place in Summerville, SC

I like living here. Everybody is real sweet. I've been knowing the family a long time.

Review of Cypress Place in Summerville, SC

Everyone here is very nice and helpful. They answered all my questions about maybe placing my granny in this facility. The residents all seem very happy.

Review of Cypress Place in Summerville, SC

I like it here. I like the people that live here. I like it that I don't have to do yard work or empty the trash. I have more free time. I like the food too.

Review of Cypress Place in Summerville, SC

The workers here listen to me. I have improved a lot since I've been here. Some of the residents get confused but I leave them alone.

Review of Cypress Place in Summerville, SC

I like it here. I like the people here - even the funny men. The workers try hard. They keep my room clean and I like that. Sometimes I don't like the food, but most of the time it's good.

Review of Cypress Place in Summerville, SC

I like it here. I like the people and I feel like part of a group. I love winning at Bingo. I never thought I would be in a place like this but I'm here and I like it.

Nice looking place, and friendly staff

Cypress Place is a very nice looking community, and the staff are all very friendly, however there are a few things that I would really like to see them improve. The first is that they could do a lot more to encourage their residents to participate in activities, meals, etc. If my loved one tells them she just wants to lay in bed all day they will let her. I'd also like to see them change up the food a bit. The portions are plentiful, but from what I have seen the residents would prefer simpler dishes, the food is too fancy for them currently.

Cypress Place is located on a tree lined street in beautiful Summerville, South Carolina. We are two miles north of Old Fort Dorchester State Historical Park and about thirty miles from the Atlantic Ocean.

At Cypress Place, we strive to maintain a cozy homelike atmosphere, with a caring staff that understands our residents. We develop individual care plans to meet their needs, and a full-time registered nurse is available 24 hours a day to provide clinical oversight and coordination of care. We provide transportation to and from medical appointments. We also offer rehabilitation as well as respite care. If an emergency arises we are less than half a mile from Summerville Medical Center.

We offer numerous activities and amenities to help residents thrive in both mind and body:
•Yoga
•Music trivia
•Ice cream socials
•Book mobile
•Pet friendly
•Trips to local shops and restaurants.

Our spacious apartments offer all the comforts of home. Each apartment has wall to wall carpeting, built in bookshelves, safety features in the private bathroom and kitchenettes with appliances, including microwave. Apartments are also phone and cable connection ready. Common areas include a restaurant style dining room, activity and crafts room, private dining room for entertaining guests, library, computer area and an enclosed courtyard with gardening areas.