MacKenzie Place - Fort Collins - Fort Collins, CO

[Removed] was a great guide, I very much appreciated her squeezing me in at the end of the day. The units were very spacious with all I could want in a new home. This one is on the short list.

Shes Doing Great

My mom is great and really enjoying it. She is doing well with the meals and the activities have been good. The community is dog friendly and that makes her happy.
She's happy with cleaning service.

Chelsia Hart

We are so happy to know your mom loves MacKenzie Place as much as we do! Our community hosts many great events that engage our residents and provides them with great food that not only meets but exceeds their expectations. We love of furry friends here as well and welcome many 4 legged family members here at MacKenzie Place. Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property, and we look forward to making many great memories with your mom for the years to come!

Troy Erickson | General Manager

Place was bustling with activity, people coming and going. Nice apartments and common areas.

Only Community Toured

This community just felt right as soon as we walked in the door and it has been a real blessing for us. The location is perfect in a very safe area where dad can still enjoy to talk a walk. The community is a continuing care community so if we should need memory care he would stay on the same property just move to another area of the building which is nice. The staff is wonderful the communication is great between us. Dad is doing the activities he can he enjoys to keep busy. The food is great he is eating about 2 meals there a day. I would recommend this community to anyone.

Chelsia Hart

We are delighted to know your father has chosen to call MacKenzie Place home! Our community is known for providing many different activities so our residents can maintain an active, and engaging lifestyle. It is great to know dad is enjoying everything we have to offer from great food, amazing activities, the quiet neighborhood, and wonderful staff as well! If there is anything we can do for you or your dad please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly.

Lots of Amenities

A very nice place and they gave a nice tour and provided all the information I needed about the facility, but it was a little too pricey. I would not need the use of a pool or sauna. I chose a place where the amenities were all inclusive.

Nice Staff!!

I had spoke to a gentleman about possibly taking a tour of this community and I have to say that he was very friendly and made sure to answer any questions that we had for him. He was patient and even took the time to follow up to make sure I had found a place for mom. It was not the right location in the end decision but I was thankful for his help.

Chelsia Hart

We are very happy to hear that our team took exceptional care of you on your recent tour of our community. We understand that our community might not be the right fit for all residents that come and take a look, but our team still treats everyone as if they were! In the future, if you change your mind, we will be here waiting for you!

Care and Comfort

The care at this community is outstanding. We like the staff who are very caring. The menu is outstanding and he likes the variety of the meals. We had to purchase items that we did not plan, but the community did assist us and was a great help. They offer a lot of nice activities. We would highly recommend this community to other families for the great care and value that a loved one requires.

[removed] was so informative about senior care and memory loss. He answered all my questions with understanding. Beautiful place to put your loved one.

Well appointed, lots of activities available, limited # of 2 bed apartments, none available presently, close to Dr offices and shopping, warm staff, transportation to several church services.

For my husband who is early 60s, the environment of memory care was not active/involving enough for our needs. Great facility and great options if you are assisted living - pool, gym, theatre, bar, live music, etc.

$1500 more per month than any place I have researched. Less service for that money and would not pick up client if they slipped onto the floor incurring more charges for emergency services. Dark halls but nice rooms. Too big of a kitchen instead of putting the square footage into living space.

Chelsia Hart

I’m sorry to hear that MacKenzie Place is not the right fit for you. We pride on providing quality services and amenities which is why we are consistently ranked one of the top senior housing communities in Fort Collins. But we certainly cannot be everything to everyone and we respect that. Our goal is for you to be happy. I did want let you know that we will assist residents who have fallen as long as there are no signs of injury and as long as it is safe for the staff to assist. We even have a device which can help staff assist residents who have fallen. Of course, there are times when paramedics do have to be called. Thank you for your feedback. Best of luck in your search for a community that exceeds your expectations.
Michael Juno | Operations Director

My Tour Was Nice

I toured this community for my mother. It was a decent tour. The community looked well maintained. The staff was informative and polite. This was a convenient location for us, because it was close to where I lived. Overall my mother wanted to stay closer to where she used to live, but my tour went well.

Chelsia Hart

Thank you for your time in touring our community, and the positive review. It is wonderful to hear that the building still looks great, and my team was helpful. I am sorry it did not work out, and I hope you both will find the perfect place. If your mom’s situation ever changes, I hope you will consider us in the future. – Sincerely, Sanyatha Bonnell, General Manager

Beautiful place to call home!

Mackenzie Place was my second high choice it was immaculate throughout. They offered many amenities and the rooms were a good size. The staff made me feel welcome and addressed all of my concerns. The only reason I didn't move in was that they didn't call me to tell me they had an opening.

Chelsia Hart

Thank you for your positive review about your recent visit with us. It is nice to hear that we are doing a great job throughout. We are currently at full occupancy with many on the waitlist, and I hope one day you will be able to join our community.
Thanks,
Sanyatha, General Manager

Time of events had changed for our family. The room that we put a deposit on was no longer needed. The community offered a very positive experience and place to live. We were pleased with all the community did for my family.

Chelsia Hart

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us. It is nice to hear how we are doing. I am sorry that it did not work out; please know we are here if we can be of more service.
Sincerely, Sanyatha Bonnell – General Manager

Setting In Pretty Well

I'am settling in pretty well here at this community. It is a lovely community, they do a good job with keeping the community nice and clean. There are nice activities offered, hopefully with some time I can participate in a few. The staff is lovely, they are kind and welcoming. The food is very good, they serve nice meals. Overall everything is working out well for me here. I would recommend it.

Chelsia Hart

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how well you’re settling into your new home at MacKenzie Place. You put a big smile on my face knowing that the community looks great, the team is treating you great and you’re feeling great about your decision. Sounds like a win all around. Be sure to dive in and take advantage of those activities! There’s lots of fun just waiting for you. We appreciate you choosing us. Thank you! Sincerely, Michael Juno | Operations Director

MacKenzie Place is a blessing to us!

We moved my husband into MacKenzie Place Memory Care a few weeks ago. We had gone through the entire admission process at another place first, and it didn’t work out. After several exhausting days and a disappointing outcome, I dreaded going through the whole process again. However, the entire staff at MacKenzie Place, from the two marketing people we met with, Suzanne and Alan, to Michelle the Move-In Coordinator, Candace the Health Coordinator, Coley the Memory Care Director, and all the Memory Care staff, too many wonderful people to name, every single person was professional, understanding and caring. Every question was met with a knowledgeable answer, every issue was met with a creative solution, every concern was met with compassion for my husband and me.
The Memory Care staff has been trained in each specific type of dementia, the behaviors and ways of dealing with them. That is so awesome because my husband has a less common type of dementia, Fronto Temporal Dementia, that exhibits very different behaviors than Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s dementia or others. Some of his behaviors are extremely difficult to deal with. Some places I had looked at, were not really aware of FTD and had not had any residents with FTD. The MacKenzie Place Memory Care staff was not only aware of FTD, but specificially trained in how to patiently deal with him and successfully redirect him. MacKenzie Place was ready for him!
They welcomed my husband and made him feel at home right off the bat. He made friends right away, and the staff made him feel useful and helpful, which means a lot to him because he is the youngest and most cognitively functional one in the unit. They have made me feel so welcome as well, as I spend a few hours a day with him, and usually share a meal with him every day. They treat me so warmly and special. They encourage family to spend time with their loved ones, share a meal or participate in activities with them.
My husband enjoys the activities provided there. They have live music a couple times a week, games to stimulate mind and body, and his favorite, the Friday afternoon excursion on the bus. The meals are very good. My husband tells everyone about how delicious the food is! The housekeeping is top notch. Every Tuesday when I come, his room is spotless, and his laundry is clean and fresh.
I love going to MacKenzie to hang out with my husband! There are other amenities in the other part of the building that Memory Care residents are welcome to use if accompanied by a family member. My husband and I enjoy the hot tub, the exercise room, the pool table, have a cup of coffee in the pub, attend church service in the chapel sometimes, and he has had a pedicure at the salon!
I cannot speak highly enough of MacKenzie Place, especially the Memory Care Unit! It has been a huge blessing to us to get my husband into a place where he is happy, well cared for, feels useful and respected, and where I feel like a huge burden has been lifted off my shoulders. I would recommend MacKenzie Place Memory Care for anyone who has a loved one with dementia.

Review of MacKenzie Place - Fort Collins - Fort Collins, CO

Wonderful and clean just like a five star hotel.

Memory Care

The memory care unit staff is very attentive and works with outside health care providers to meet our father's medical needs. When family visits they have all been impressed with the onsite options to take Dad to outside of the memory care for a restaurant quality meal or beer and pool at the pub. These onsite options makes it easier to spend time with Dad and not be confined to his room. The Dad's room and the whole facility is always clean and orderly. In short since Dad moved into MacKenzie Place he is happy and healthy.

Traci Kuster

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about how we’re doing at MacKenzie Place. It’s important to us to keep our community clean. But when I hear how great the staff treats residents and family members, I know that we’re really hitting the mark. Thanks for making my day! Sincerely, Michael Juno-Sturm | Operations Director

From Independent Living to Memory Care

My mother lived in MacKenzie Place in an Independent Living apartment for approximately 6 years until a fall required a move to Memory Care for the last 6-8 weeks of her life. She loved her apartment where she had a lovely view of the Rocky Mountains but although her room in Memory Care was smaller it was very nice and she was comfortable there. Everyone on staff was wonderful to her and to her family. From mangers, Alan and Sam to the staff on Memory Care (Coley, Marie, Brenda, Carly in the kitchen, Elizabeth, Hannah- our initial contact who took my mom under her wing and a true ambassador of caring) all were professional, generous, kind and helpful. We will never forget the support given as my mom declined in health. We can highly recommend MacKenzie Place to anyone looking for a residence for their loved one(s).

Traci Kuster

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about the positive experience your mother had while living at MacKenzie Place - Fort Collins. I am sorry for your loss but am grateful that the team at the community had the opportunity to know your mom. We understand how difficult it is to watch your parent age. It is such a gift that she was able to get great care from the community so that you could come visit and just be her daughter. The staff at MacKenzie Place are really something special. Thank you for recognizing that. Please don’t be a stranger… I’m sure the community would love to see you from time-to-time. And if there is anything I can do for you, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. I appreciate hearing from family members. Sincerely, Michael Juno-Sturm, Operations Director [removed]

The really took care of things

I was really extremely impressed with the whole thing.

McKenzie Place - Memory Care

My father lived at McKenzie Place in Memory Care for almost a year. Moving my father into Memory care was an incredibly difficult thing to do. I had fears of him being lost scared, alone and ignored. I can't think of a better place for him. Not only did it become a home for him but we were welcomed and included in any activities we wanted to take part in. It was a wonderful environment. It was a warm, loving and engaging place. There was laughter and fun. I will be forever thankful to everyone in the memory care unit for taking care such great care of my father and for enabling him to live out his remaining days with dignity.

Family at MacKenzie

My Mother had been at MacKenzie Place for almost 6 years. She started out in Assisted Living, where she received wonderful support and care. A few holidays I was not able to be with my Mother and the staff made sure that she was never alone and participated in all holiday events! Mother moved to Memory Care, which is a lovely secured unit with an outside courtyard. The Director of Memory Care is supportive and nurturing, she always made us feel like we were part of a large family. There was,however, a high turnover of aides which made communication between the staff a problem. I appreciate the extra mile that MacKenzie has gone for me and my Mother. They celebrated Mothers 100th birthday in the Lodge with an open house for the residents, providing all of the wonderful food. My family is very grateful to everyone at MacKenzie who showed Mother love during her stay.

So far it seems to be good.

So far it seems to be good. I haven't heard any major complaints or anything. It's brand new, so I imagine it doesn't need much in the way of maintenance. So far things seem to be working out pretty smoothly.

They are doing a pretty good job so far.

They are doing a pretty good job so far. It's going pretty well. They have all been really wonderful and helpful, even when small stuff comes up. The quality of the food is excellent. They have plenty of entertainment and activities offered. We liked the overall quality.

Nice place!

We're very happy with how things have gone at MacKenzie Place! The staff are friendly and professional, and they're always right there to help out when you need them. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they've got a lot to provide for their residents.

Most value of the places we looked at, intelligent activities

We like the place because it options the most options, and looks the most kept up of any of the places we looked at. We've had very good relations with the MacKenzie

They are pretty expensive, but we thought that their superiority was worth the price.

It looked from their calendar like they provide the kind of activities that I expect or maybe more; educational or demanding. For instance, they have lectures on history.

Excellent

We have lived here 3 weeks and the food is excellent. Our
apartment is real small about 550 sq. ft. Waiting for a
larger apartment to become vacant so we can move into it.

Memory Care not good.

I feel that MacKenzie Place is probably a good place for independent and assisted living. However, my husband was in the memory care for only 8 days and suffered from extreme neglect and was in the hospital for over two weeks recovering. I would not recommend the memory care unit in Fort Collins.

Memory Care disaster.

My mother was at this facility for about 3 months.
I am a medical professional and found that there was a great deal of staff turnover, the nurse in charge and administrator were both "new" . This was in memory care and it appeared that their behavioral interventions were not effective or consistent. When I inquired about staff education there was little education on care of these patients and they mostly learned from a "more experienced" person who could have been there less than a month. They asked my mother to leave and said she needed to be in a psych unit. I transferred my mother to a facility in Oregon. She has not been on any psych meds and continues to be more delusional but we have not had any reports of behavior problems. Day and night as far as competent staff. I do not recommend MacKenzie Place !!

Olivia Drury

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback, and I apologize that your experience at Mackenzie Place was not satisfactory. Staff retention continues to be an area we highly focus on. Our goal is to hire and retain the best in our industry, and we value continual education and training for our staff. We are currently networking with local agencies for training opportunities, one of which we are very excited for is a training with the Alzheimer’s Association, called Leader’s in Dementia Care Training. Feedback is vitally important to the improvement of our community, so thanks again for taking the time to share your experience.

Very luxurious.

It was a very nice place and she really enjoyed being there. The staff was truly fantastic, Sandy was the best. It was very luxurious. There was one little thing which was that, they only seem to work with certain places, it seems that there are networks. They would tell us about one and not tell us about others, because of politics. I think there is a fear that if you go outside their network you may not come back. I would have liked to know about columbine for rehab. The rehab place they referred me to took five months and still didn't do what should have only taken a month. They should expand the network that they work with.

Olivia Drury

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Mackenzie Place. I am so pleased that you had an enjoyable visit. We do our best to network with everyone in our local area and try to recommend what is appropriate for the client. We also advocate various other resources such as the Larimer County Office on Aging as well as the Seniors Blue Book, which is another resource guide book for all of Larimer County. Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback!

Lovely environment, staff f...

Lovely environment, staff friendly & outgoing - Many amenities and activities - Ladies bridge club - Outdoor verandas - Indoor pool - Independent living and assisted living within same building and apartments intermixed - Waiting list

Looked nice, but not for us

We toured this location while looking into options for my Mom. This placed looked very glitzy and very nice, but it was also expensive. For the price I was not impressed with the patient to staff ratio.

Service Levels weren't Met

My mom was in both the independent living and the assisted living, but we eventually moved her out and into another community. I convinced her to leave because I was not convinced that her service levels were being met at MacKenzie Place. She also spent almost all of her time in her room and didn't participate in any activities, something that she does much more of now.

We were treated with caring & dignity...

We were treated with caring & dignity from the beginning. a great activity director, who has the knowledge and personality to get patients involved. All the employees are friendly, caring and helpful. The food is very good and there are several dining rooms to chose from. I highly recommend this facility although it is a bit pricey. There are many accommodations available for use by patients.

nice 2bd/2ba 1338sf apartme...

nice 2bd/2ba 1338sf apartments for rent and cottages for sale high in 200's.

Great visit. Director was very presen...

Great visit. Director was very present centered and concerned about the individual needs of my mom. Offered me a complimentary lunch that I haven't taken advantage of yet.

I really enjoyed the outreach coordin...

I really enjoyed the outreach coordinator who gave me the tour and answered all my questions. I nicknamed MacKenzie Place "the cruise ship" when describing it to my family; it had all the bells and whistles (comes with a price, but insurance was paying). The rooms are huge. Studio was large too. I dropped in for a visit to see the Yahtzee game hour and found NO ONE in attendance. This swayed me away. I believe MacKenzie Place is better for senior independent living than assisted living.

Ladies Tea on Tues. at 3:00pm Has ev...

Ladies Tea on Tues. at 3:00pm Has everything we wanted and more.

When you visit our retirement community in the heart of Fort Collins, you’ll notice something unexpected the minute you walk through the doors. You can see, hear, and feel the energy and vibrancy of our community. The lobby is bustling, people are laughing, and friends are chatting. Some are planning outings to the Rocky Mountain foothills or Warren Lake, while others are gathered in the bistro drinking their morning coffee. MacKenzie Place - Fort Collins feels like an active community because it is an active community.

Our philosophy of five-star service translates into an experience that feels more like a vacation at your favorite mountain resort rather than a typical retirement community. The atmosphere is warm, friendly, and inviting—whatever our residents need, our helpful staff is ready to deliver.

At MacKenzie Place - Fort Collins, we don’t just care for people—we care about people, and want to help our residents live the retirement of their dreams. From a morning tee time to afternoon tasting at one of our local breweries, weekend fishing trip, and more, there's something to do year round at MacKenzie Place. Whatever you want to do, whatever your passions are, we can help bring them to life in this next phase of life.

And with three living choices, there's something for everyone. If you're 55 or older, The Cottages offer a purchase opportunity with access to all of the campus amenities. Prefer to lease with all amenities included? The Terrace, our Independent Living apartments, will strike your fancy. Need a little extra help from time to time? The Arbours, our Assisted Living and Memory Care apartments, will suit you well.

At MacKenzie Place - Fort Collins, the retirement of your dreams is there for the taking. All you have to do is make yourself at home.

MacKenzie Place - Fort Collins offers independent living, assisted living and memory care services.