Lourdes Senior Community - Waterford, MI

you can't judge a book by its cover

Lourdes assisted living home (Mendelson) is a beautiful catholic facility but there are some serious operational flaws If your loved one is still ambulatory then the service/care issues are likely to be less a problem but if your loved one is immobile and requires transfer assistance for all activity (dining, toileting, bed) or other special considerations then you will find many chinks in the armor. The staff performance is inconsistent and some staff members are not very compassionate and a little rough in their handling. Staff often circumvent the call system designed to manage response time. The food quality is pretty poor. The most concerning issue is the fact that management feels that the inadequacy is adequate. Small oversights to them are just that. To the resident though, these little things have significant bearing on their quality of life. Sadly, there is a lack of desire to provide the exceptional care one would expect for such a high price tag. I would encourage anyone considering mendelson to take the time to meet with other residents/family members (other than those recommended by management) and get feedback on their personal experience.

Not the best

The care at this community declined once my mother came back from being in a rehabilitation community. The food was terrible. They did not try to keep her active, all she did was sit in her room all day. I would not recommend this community.

Reasonably Priced Compared to Others

Highly recommend testing this place out if your looking for assisted living. They are reasonably priced compared to the other facilities I was looking at. My overall rating of this property is 5 stars. My mother lives here and is satisfied and happy. It is clean and everyone there is friendly. 5 Stars. I also rated the Care Services and Activities 5 stars. I highly recommend this facility, You will be pleased.

Nice but very expensive.

We looked here when we were touring. It was a nice place, but it was just way over budget for us. It was clean, and the staff was friendly, but it isn't an option for us.

Nice enough place, but very small rooms

We visited this community when we were looking into senior care for a loved one. This was a nice enough looking place, but the rooms available in the assisted living portion seemed very small. It seemed like there would barely be room for a bed and a dresser, let alone any other furniture.

Moms all in-clusive resort

My Mom calls it her all-inclusive resort. No cooking, no cleaning, and no laundry. In the 5 days I was visiting I ate 6 wonderful meals with my parents.. We decided to have 9 over for pizza dinner and used the sun room on the 3rd floor. My Dad looks forward to the excersize classes. It gives me great confort to know my parents are cozy, warm and safe at Lourdes.

Nice, but expensive

We toured Lourdes Senior Community, during our search for a suitable place for our loved one. It was very nice. The cost was a little higher than we were looking for.

The facility was on beautif...

The facility was on beautiful grounds, on a lake. The prices were very reasonable and the staff seemed very accommodating.