First & Main of Auburn Hills - Auburn Hills, MI

So beautiful, spacious and modern assisted living units, and the memory care is almost the same. I would love to live there when my times comes--if I could afford it. It's very expensive. I'd feel very good about having my father there, if he were more able to appreciate the amenities.

Assisted Living for Hospice Patient

When I first called First & Main, I asked how assisted is assisted living? My Mom who had been mobile and living at home with my Dad, was now in the hospital and had been told she had cancer with weeks left to live. She was going into hospice and we needed to decide where to have her stay. In the week she was in the hospital, she went from mobile, to needing a lot of assistance and we thought that would be too much for my Dad at home. First & Main in Auburn Hills was 1 mile from their home so I called them. From the moment Mom moved in the staff was wonderful. They were very attentive to her needs and to my Dad and family who were all struggling with how quickly Mom was fading. They checked in with her every 45 minutes to an hour around the clock to make sure she was comfortable. All of the hospice nurses and staff that came to see Mom, all remarked on how beautiful the facility was and how competent the staff was. It was a difficult time for us, but the First & Main staff helped us through this very difficult time.

A Classy Place that makes a lovely new Home for your loved one

My mom moved into First & Main – Auburn Hills about 11 months after breaking her hip, with numerous ‘stops’ along the way, including the hospital, rehab, a kind but smelly respite care facility and an awful Assisted Living facility. We FINALLY feel like she is in her new home. The culture of respect [Name removed] has sought for the F&M community is evident.

It is a joy to walk into F&M - lovely smiles, kind greetings, sincere help, and restaurant-quality meals. But First & Main is also a delight to the eyes. It’s classy!

We feel our mom is well cared for, whether one of our family is on site or not. Her apartment is lovely and the common areas, both inside and out, are beautiful as well.

David Jackiewicz

Thank you for sharing these kind words! The team here at First & Main is happy to hear about your positive experience!

"Home" is where the Heart Is

Back in 1966, Mom and Dad built the home they shared for 45 years until he was called home to Heaven in 2011. Mom continued to enjoy her independent living and the cozy familiarity of their home, until May of 2017 when she fell and broke her hip. That life-changing event began a series of visits in and out of hospitals, physical rehab facilities and several assisted living places. Mom was no longer able to live by herself, yet she wanted the independence of her own “place” where she could still make her own decisions. None of the 3 different assisted living facilities we tried came even close to fitting our standards for the “new home” we wanted for our Mom and all she wanted was to go to HER home, even though it would no longer meet her physical mobility needs. Then we heard about First & Main, and were hopeful from the first visit.

Mom moved in this Spring, and she has found them to be attentive (but not invasive) and quite responsive to her needs and requests, while actually caring, something we have not found to be a commodity in this industry. It is bright, cheerful, convenient and beautifully laid out. And the food is excellent and the chef open to new menu options! Mom always found the meals at other places to be tasteless, cold and boring, and they treated adult residents like kids in a school lunch program. Mom also loves that she can attend Mass right there, and even go watch a movie in the theater.

First & Main is now “Home” for Mom, and she is content. She has made new friends there, and her lifelong friends who visit are quite impressed with Mom’s elegant new place, as they have enjoyed the friendship and hospitality of the staff at luncheons. Thank you for making this stage of Mom’s journey one she accepts with a smile- and we accept with gratitude. Our hearts are with her every day at her new home, First & Main of Auburn Hills.

David Jackiewicz

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback, we are so glad to hear how happy your mom is! Input like this is how we can continue to provide our residents, and their families, what is best for them!

First rate!

This has been our moms third assisted living facility and is hands down the best! The staff is accommodating, friendly and caring. The surroundings are not just beautiful but welcoming. The food is excellent and, though most folks would rather be at home, when circumstances require it, you want your loved one to be in a place they can call their next home, this is that place. Mom has had several groups of friends visit recently and all have been welcomed and the gathering was celebrated not tolerated. Staff has been attentive and caring. All have been open to listening to new ideas and have worked hard to make mom feel supported. Keep up the good work, First and Main!

David Jackiewicz

Thank you for your kind words, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us!

Next best thing to home

This is the fourth - and BEST - facility that my Mom has lived in, in the past 12 months. The room set-up is as comfortable as anything one might experience at home: The bathroom has plenty of grab bars, the shower has a cushioned seat and easy access. Marble countertops in the kitchen! There is plenty of room throughout the apartment, for her wheelchair. The living room overlooks an enclosed yard with flowers, trees, a putting green and sidewalks to comfortably roll around on a warm day. My Mom misses cooking, so she met the chef ([name removed]? I think?) and he offered to cook her favorite recipes as long as she provides them to him. (I've no doubt there will be Mom's German Potato Salad on the menu one of these nights.) The food is so much better than in the other places she's been situated. Mom's level-of-care requires that she receives regular attention and she gets that! Caregivers have been attentive and kind. When I visit, we go to the Bistro, just off the lobby, where there is always free juice, tea, water or coffee, with fruit or cookies. In the winter, we will probably use the fireplace. Believe it or not, there is a movie theatre with free popcorn! There's a chapel with a piano - and sometimes, a singer comes to entertain there. Mom's friends have visited here and used the convenient elevator to ascend to the [location removed] dining area, which accommodates a crowd: They all felt well-treated. I observed that the staff is genuinely interested in keeping residents well cared-for and happy. It is as pleasant a place as home. Would definitely recommend!!!

David Jackiewicz

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are glad to hear your mom is happy here at First & Main.

Mom has been here about 3 1/2 weeks. The people are wonderful, food is excellent. Some tweaks they are working out, being brand new, but nothing big. We rented the 2nd floor dining room for a family Mother's Day gathering and LOVED IT! Everything about this place is classy, but it's still homey.

David Jackiewicz

Thank you for taking the time to sharing your experience!