American House Oakland Senior Living - Pontiac, MI

Transition is going forward

My mom has had a slow start here as she has been ill but is on the mend and is starting to show some interest in some of the things going on for the residents here. She likes her apt and the staff have been very help. I know that I can call them if I can't reach my mom by phone and they will go check on her and they do have a medical staff on call. The community is very nice, there are a lot of amenities for the residents to choose from and there could be some extra costs for certain services but those are explained to you. I feel my mom is safe here and doing better.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thanks so much for your 4-star review of our community. We're happy to hear your mother is getting stronger and showing interest in the programs and social activities we offer at American House Oakland. We appreciate your feedback!

My sister wasn't as impressed about this community as other ones we had previously toured.She said it didn't give her that warm and fuzzy feeling when she walked in the community. The staff was very kind and friendly and gave us quite a bit of information. The community was clean and well kept. There didn't seem to be a lot of residents around so it appeared to be not a very active community with things to do

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your 4-star review of our community. We appreciate you taking the time to tour with us and value your feedback.

Not my favorite!

When I toured American House Oakland Senior Living, the staff seemed very nice, but I was put off by some of the residents in the lobby. I know they live there were certain things that turned me off. The tour was good, but it was not what I was looking for.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback.

A wonderful experience!

My mother absolutely loved her experience at the American House. They were so friendly and accommodating, she even made the comment, " If I would have known it would be this much fun, I would have moved a long time ago!". She did move out because she was number 30 on the waiting list to go from a studio apartment to a one bedroom, but it was a very good experience while she was there. We highly recommend them.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thanks so much for the 5-star review! We are so glad to hear that your mother had such a positive experience at our community. Your feedback is appreciated.

Perfect match!

My parents are totally happy here which makes me happy. The food is okay for this kind of community and I did get to eat it. My parents really do not get involved with the activities, but they do offer them. The community is nice and clean and never any problems.

Not interested in this area. American House is too expensive.

Worry Free Senior Lifestyle

So happy we discovered a place for my cousin Barbara that welcomed her like family. The staff is very friendly, helpful and always accommodating. The affordability programs have truly helped to guarantee a worry free wonderful senior lifestyle. While my cousin rarely engaged in activities her social hour is her meal times. We highly recommend American House Oakland! If I could give them a 10 out of 10 I would give them a 20.

Wonderful Care

I could not have asked for kinder staff and a better place to have brought my Father to. While his stay was cut short, we will be forever grateful to everyone who welcomed my Father!

Enjoyable Entertainment!!

My loved one has really enjoyed the residents that are in this community. They are all very friendly and welcomed her right into her new living environment making her feel right at home. The staff has a great activity program and often brings entertainment. I am very satisfied with this facility and would recommend it to anyone.

Great Place for Grandpa!

I just wanted to leave a quick review because I appreciate so much the way American House Oakland takes care of my grandfather. Having little family living in the state any longer it is concerning having him alone up there in Michigan. However every time I speak to him hes in great spirits. He loves the food , hes entertained with activities (they have a small movie theater he loves) , and he always gets his needs taken care of such as medication twice daily. I was in Michigan for the end of the summer and was very happy with the facility. The apartments lay outs are awesome , the dining room is beautiful and the two gals that run the building (Laura and Chantal) seem to not only run a great ship but care for my grandpa and the residents on a personal level as well. Very grateful to have this place for him!

My mom is getting out and people are bringing her into their community. She has not been involved in quite some time and now is attending meals and making friends. Very happy with her new home.

Do not recommended

Horrible place to have your parents or grandparents live ... They only want your money!

Terrible office managers

Horrible!! Office manager [Removed] are terrible they do not care about the residents nor employees .. They both only care about the money and not the treatment for the residents ... I do not recommend this place to anyone. They hire any ol body to work for American house and they all fail and can't seem to last a good month in employment. And the place smells not enough cleaning care involved . I would give this place 0 stars if I could! I'm surprised it's not shut down yet ... The place just need a complete new staff!

My Mom is in Good Hands

My mother is doing very well here at this community. It is a nice looking community. They do a very good job with keeping everything nice and clean. I love the staff, they are very helpful and kind. There are nice activities and good food offered. I know she is in good hands here. I would recommend it.

Mom Is Pleased

My mother is doing well here at this community. I'am satisfied with all they have done for us. This is a good community, everything is well maintained. The staff is great they are caring for her very well. There are nice activities offered. She is pleased with the meals. This is a community I would recommend.

Everyone has been friendly and helpful. They understand the emotional change from living on one's own to living in a community. The staff and residents have been encouraging.

I was very impressed with the activities available from movie night to Wii bowling to the card room. Residents can do as much or as little as they want. I enjoyed the idea that housekeeping comes everyday and cleans the whole apartment once a week. The layout of the apartment is exactly what my father in law needed. I would strongly recommend American House if anybody is looking for a great place to live.

Nice place

There are quite a bit of residents here. The staff seems to be very nice and helpful. There were a few minor issues in the beginning, but nothing that wasn't taken care of. This seems to be a nice place overall.

It's going great, the people are so nice.

It's going great, the people are so nice. We haven't had any complaints about food or laundry or any of that stuff either. We visited quite a few places, and this was the best one in our price range. They were pretty easily our first choice.

Understaffed, Untrained, and a Hotdog for dinner!

My Loved one was in the 'assisted' living until her condition
fell below what American House could support. But from the day she arrived, there was nothing but problems, failed medication reminders, noisy and rude housekeepers, awful food (one dinner consisted of a hotdog with 5 (count them FIVE! potato chips). Did I mention missed medications? RX were allowed to 'run out' on at least 5 times. Please, please talk to the residents in the lobby about the food and level of medical care available before you place your loved one here! Pill passers do not know the names of the meds they are dispensing. WARNING! not in any paperwork signed, and clearly not mentioned by the staff….If your loved one should fall in his apartment and 'THERE IS SOMONE IN THE ROOM.. (relative, or caregiver) the medical response team WILL NOT ENTER THE APARTMENT. American House has a very twisted definition of 'Assistance' !
Please look elsewhere. AHouse is clean; thats it. Talk to the residents in the lobby. Talk to them again. They are unhappy about the services here. The friendliness of the office staff ends when the family leaves! One resident would be pushed into the dining room with his oxygen tank in the OFF position. Seems the Medical 'Staff' are NOT ALLOWED to touch any equipment. Spare yourself and your loved one and do look elsewhere.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for spending your time to give us a straight and detailed feedback. The health and wellbeing of our residents’ are our highest priority and it’s vitally important to us that each resident receives the care they require. We take great care in making sure our residents are comfortable and do our best to provide everything they need. Your honest feedback ensures we understand your concerns and enables us to address them promptly. I thank you very much for your helpful criticism and invite you to contact me to schedule a day and time that is convenient for us to meet to further discuss this matter. Laura Broecker, Executive Director

Looks like this will be the best option for my Mom - very nice facility, and very friendly and accommodating staff. Apt is small but adequate, and funding options are excellent...

American House Senior Living Communities

We're so happy that you and your mom chose American House Oakland! Welcome! If there's anything we can do to help ease the transition, please contact me directly.

Nice place, overall

My loved one lived here for a time, and overall it was a nice place. However, the community is on the larger side, and the residents don't get the degree of one on one attention and care that my loved one ended up needing. The staff here are friendly, and the community is well kept and clean.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your feedback! American House Oakland offers independent living with assistance available. If your loved one requires more service, American House has several other locations with greater levels of care. Please contact the main office if I can be of any help. Laura Broecker

Seemed like a very nice place!

We toured American House when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I thought this looked like a very nice place! If I was in the situation personally I would move here myself. The facility was clean and well kept, and the staff all seemed very friendly. They offered a few different levels of care, and the residents all appeared well cared for!

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you very much for your feedback! When it comes to selecting a senior living community for a loved one, it all comes down to where they feel most comfortable. For most that’s a place that feels like home, a place where they can feel both content and at ease, engaged and social. At American House Oakland, residents enjoy exquisite dining and a variety of both planned and spontaneous activities including visits to the Detroit Opera House, seminars with local artists at Park West Gallery and more. As you pointed out, American House Oakland offers a variety of living options for those seeking affordable, quality senior living in Pontiac. Whether your needs call for long term independent living, assisted living or short term supportive respite care, we offer a relaxed and friendly apartment-style community! If you have any other questions, please contact me!
Laura Broecker, Executive Director [removed]

Nice place, overall

We visited this community when we while looking into care options for a loved one. This seemed like a nice place overall, the lunch they served us was good and the facility itself was clean and well kept. Mom seemed to like it!

American House Senior Living Communities

How wonderful that your mom likes our community! I hope we
will be seeing her soon in her own place. If you have any questions,
or she does, I'd be happy to talk to you. My door is always open!
Lauren Broecker, Executive Director

Seemed like a nice place

We visited this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. It seemed like a pretty nice place overall! I didn't get a chance to try the food or see any activities, but the place was nice looking and the staff seemed friendly and helpful.

American House Senior Living Communities

I'm glad you liked it here! Please give me a call and we can
get you up here to try our food, which our chef and nutritionist work
hard to create! And maybe you'll also be able to see some of the
activities our Life Enrichment Director plans!
Lauren Broecker, Executive Director

Great place!

Things have gone well here, overall! It's a great looking community, there are windows everywhere and it has a lighty airy feel. You just get good vibes when you walk in the front door! The staff are great, they really focus on trying to make the residents feel comfortable and at home.

American House Senior Living Communities

I just love that you get good vibes when you walk in the door! That’s one of those things you just can’t explain to anyone, but you know when you feel it. So happy that’s the case for you! Thank you for acknowledging my great staff and how hard they work to make our residents feel at home. If you ever have any questions, my door is always open!
Laura Broecker, Executive Director

The cost of the apartment were too hi...

The cost of the apartment were too high for my sisters income. The apartment was nice.
The services were inconsistent. The medication management company did not dispense medication on time. They overcharged my sister. The [remove] her debit card numbers and billed more medicine than she received.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for leaving a review. Please keep in mind that our personal care services are offered on an a la carte basis, which is more affordable because our residents only pay for what they need. As for your sister's medication, we work with a third party care provider to offer optional services to our residents. We'd like to speak with you in more detail to address this matter. If there is ever another concern, please contact me directly and I'd be happy to talk to you about it to see what can be done right away.
[removed]

we got off to a bit of a rocky start ...

we got off to a bit of a rocky start , partly my fault though,now its going much smoother..There is quite a learning curve for the new resident, but the staff is very supportive and caring. The building and grounds are beautiful, the food is good, and there are a lot of things for the residents to do. It has a very upbeat atmosphere.

American House Senior Living Communities

I’m glad our staff helped make sure everything worked out
and that you’re enjoying yourself here! Any move does take some
adjusting, certainly. If you ever have any questions or concerns about
anything, feel free to stop by and we can talk. My door is always
open.
Laura Broecker, Executive Director

The American House Oakland ...

The American House Oakland is clean and has a warm home welcoming appearance. The staff interacted well with residents and visitors on our tour. There was a kind resident greeter, Frank, who put mom at ease as our tour started. Mom is very excited to go live in her new home and sit on her balcony with the lovely view.

American House Senior Living Communities

I’m thrilled to hear how excited your mom is about coming to
live in our community – and we’re excited to have her here! We have
plenty of activities scheduled that I’m sure your mom will enjoy. If
either of you ever have any questions or concerns, please call me
personally and I’ll be glad to help!

not impressed

house keeping staff does not do a very good job of cleaning apartment. there seems to be a lot of times when employees are [removed]. the activities director is very very nice but she can't drive.there is never enough food because they run out.they put a meal on the menu, but when you go to eat its something totally different.the building is very nice and it is in a convenient location.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for voicing your concerns, and I will do
everything I can to see that your issues are taken care of. I would
like to talk to you personally and go over your concerns, so please
give me a call personally or stop by my office and we can discuss them
Laura Broecker, Executive Director

Took a tour, very nice, nic...

Took a tour, very nice, nice staff...unable to afford.

American House Senior Living Communities

I’m glad you like our community! We offer multiple affordability programs such as lower income tax credit, which can substantially lower rent costs based on income and asset potential. I’d love to discuss your options with you. Please call me directly or stop in to sit down together. Thanks for leaving your feedback!

Happy With My Time Here

I haven't been here very long because I've had some problems and I've been in the hospital. I just got back from the physical therapy place so I've only been here about 2 weeks. I've been happy with the time I've had here. I've made some friends. As far as I can think I would say there are no ways they could improve.

American House Senior Living Communities

I hope you’re feeling better, and I’m thrilled to hear that you’re enjoying yourself here and making friends already! Having people to share things with certainly makes the day that much better. Stop by my office if you need anything!

I'm Pleased.

The movie theater is a feature and is clean, its shows some nice movies. My mom dislikes the food she says its ok. Overall I’m pleased.

American House Senior Living Communities

Our movie theatre is a resident favorite — glad you liked it! I know mom is probably used to her own home cooking, but if there’s something we can do to improve on her dining experience, I would love to hear your input!
Kelly Lawton
[removed]

Best location but concerned...

Best location but concerned about price.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thanks for your feedback! Please give me a call so we can talk about your price concerns. Sincerely, Kelly Lawton, Executive Director [removed]

it is smaller and seems more homey st...

it is smaller and seems more homey staff seem very warm. it is close and clients were active, fresh and clean.

American House Senior Living Communities

You hit on the things we’re proud of here! Because our community is smaller, we think of our residents like family, and our residents enjoy being here. Kelly Lawton, Executive Director

i am very impressed with this facilit...

i am very impressed with this facility and leaning strongly towards it since it is so close to my home and has medicare availability

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you so much! I hope you have decided on our community — so please don’t hesitate to call if you have any questions or concerns. Sincerely, Kelly Lawton, Executive Director [removed]

Very modest accomodations. Lowest pri...

Very modest accomodations. Lowest price of the 3 we visited today. In process of updating. Pay for utilites and laundry.

American House Senior Living Communities

Our price is very affordable, especially upon considering all the amenities we offer! You can call me to schedule another visit to our completed [removed] Kelly Lawton, Executive Director [removed].

Apts. have Balconys or patios.Stove. ...

Apts. have Balconys or patios.Stove. Some have tubs. We can cut out but our cost. Distance to meals could be a problem

American House Senior Living Communities

You noticed one of our best [removed] our balconies! Please give me a call at [removed] and we can discuss any concerns you might have. Sincerely, Kelly Lawton, Executive Director.

the best of the lot, still a top cont...

the best of the lot, still a top contender

American House Senior Living Communities

Glad to hear we made an impression and compare well to what you’ve experienced! If you have more questions, don’t hesitate to call me directly. Thank you, Kelly Lawton, Executive Director [removed].

This was a viable option if she is go...

This was a viable option if she is going to be able to be somewhat independent. A bit pricey but might work

American House Senior Living Communities

When you consider all the activities and amenities we offer, I hope you’ll find that our price is actually quite reasonable. Give me a call and we can discuss your concerns! Sincerely, Kelly Lawton, Executive Director [removed]

Tucked quietly near the hub of Oakland County's thriving shopping and residential centers near I-75 and Baldwin Road, American House Oakland is ideally situated near family, friends, shopping, and familiar medical professionals in Auburn Hills, Pontiac, Waterford, Rochester, Rochester Hills, and Lake Orion. American House Oakland is located close to hospitals including St. Joseph Mercy, Crittenton Hospital Medical Center, and POH Regional Medical Center. Oakland Senior Living in Pontiac provides Independent Living with assistance available.*

The grounds are beautiful and feature a gazebo with ponds and walking paths. Our apartment homes include 1 and 2 bedroom floor plan options with full kitchens, private baths and living rooms. We also have a community dining room, beauty salon/barber shop, country store, billiard parlor, library/computer room, fitness room, cozy fireplace-piano lounge, activity rooms including pottery studio, card room and craft room.

Resident Services include restaurant-style dining available for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and scheduled transportation. Our Life Enrichment Director plans a wide range of cultural, social and recreational activities and trips. Laundry and housekeeping services are also available.

*Medical support services provided by a third party not affiliated with American House.