Drake Wood Manor, Inc - Waterford, MI

Awesome Home

The staff is very friendly to my mom. They write things down for her since she is Deaf. We are so happy and grateful for everyone assistance in this placement.

Did not tour as [name removed] called & I learned they do not have a space for a male, & are not a 'lockdown' facility. I don't like that term.sounds like a prison. Safe & secure for wanderers, yes, not lockdown.

A nice place!

When I toured Drake Wood Manor, I thought it was a nice place, but definably not the place for my husband. Everyone was nice and friendly.

Not the place for my parents!!

The staff where very helpful and welcoming to my loved one and I during our tour of there facility. They also had a lot of great information available to us and answered and questions we had for them in detail. There was just too many residents for my liking and I did not like that there was a main road right outside. My mother has a history of wondering around and there is no fence between the building and the road.

Reasonable rates.

Everything seems to be ok with my Mom at Drake Wood. She's fitting right in with the other residents. It's like a neighborhood home, ranch house. Only 16 residents. It's a convenient location for us. I think they do a good job and they have very reasonable rates.

Put your loved one into very caring & capable hands.

After looking at several facilities for my 91 year old mother, my sister and I looked at Drake Wood Manor and felt the difference the moment we walked through the door. The staff is very caring, professional, polite and smiling. Barbara is the house manager and she is just delightful. During our conversation with her we felt completely satisfied and knew this was the answer to our prayers. Mom has been there for 1 month and every time I go to visit, it is the same. No matter who is working at the time, you just know that they care for the people who have been put into their hands. It is a hard decision to put your loved one into a strangers care but this was the right choice and mom is doing fine. The food is great, the facility is clean, no odors, the rooms are very nice and the larger sitting room where we were able to put mom's lift chair is open, bright and has plenty of windows to see outside. On a scale of 1 - 10, I give it a 10! Thank you to "A place for mom" for suggesting and promoting this facility. For us, it is a perfect fit!

Very nice place!

Overall our experience with Drake Wood Manor has been a good one! The staff here is very friendly, and they've been very good about encouraging Mom to participate in their various activities and events. They've gotten her to do all sorts of things she wouldn't have done on her own! The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they've got a lot to provide for their residents.

I did not like it

I didn't like it, neither did my husband. He was there three weeks and he fell three times. As a result he was not there anymore. I had to get him out, plus it was private pay and I couldn't afford it. My husband falls a lot but that doesn't mean they shouldn't have looked at him more closely.

Nice and clean, but perhaps not enough night time help.

They are very nice and they keep it pretty clean. I wonder if they have enough help during the night time. They only have one on at night. She seems to be the cleaning person too. The food all seems to be frozen banquet type meals, nothing is home made. It's okay though, the people are pretty friendly.

I’d rate them a 6 or 7!

I’d rate them a 6 or 7! My mom seems fine with the food. The community is very good for the price. It’s very clean. Everyone was very friendly. There could be more parking. It was a little challenging when we had all that snow, but we managed.