Canterbury On the Lake - Waterford, MI

The facility was clean, bright and cheery. I especially loved the murals on many of the walls, depicting outdoor scenes. I was impressed with the section which looked like a neighborhood shopping area where the gift shop, beauty parlor, clinic, etc. were located. The residents I observed seemed happy. The staff was very friendly.

Lovely Administration!!

I was impressed on how well the administration was organized, they where very well prepared and gave us a very detailed tour of there community. My loved one and I noticed that all of the residents seemed to be happy and enjoying different activities throughout the complex.

Nice Independent Living Community

This is a very nice community. It is a nice and clean community, everything appeared well maintained. The staff I met was very kind and informative. This is more of an independent living community. I didn't think my parents were ready for that. Overall it was a nice tour.

Caring Staff

The staff is very caring. My Mom moved into assisted living about 3 weeks ago. The staff already knows her likes/dislikes. She is well cared for.

Nobody ever came to talk to me, so I just left.

I looked at the Canterbury. It was too over the top for me. When I went in, I had to go way in the back. I didn't get to go into the front where all the fanciness is. I sat and waited and waited, but nobody ever came to talk to me, so I just left.

Nice, but expensive.

We toured Canterbury on the lake, during our search for a suitable place for our loved one. It was very nice. The cost was a little higher than we were looking for.

A great place to live with plenty of options

My mom moved here over 2 years ago and the transformation in her is phenomenal. She is so happy living among her peers in her own apartment! Canterbury offers so many choices in activities such as card groups, walking, gardening, bingo, crafts, putting contests, bocce ball, shuffle board, trips, outings, BBQ dinners, a dinning room with a menu to choose your meals and the choice to eat your meals at the time you choose - no assigned dining hour. The residents suggestions do matter and many new programs and activities are implemented based on the their ideas. Living here truly gives her the freedom to become as involved in activities as she wishes. The best part is knowing that she is in a safe environment which she enjoys! I am glad we chose Canterbury on the Lake, it is a wonderful community.

We did not have a good impr...

We did not have a good impression of this community. The facility was too large, with too many confusing hallways. The staff were not particularly warm. And a resident would have to move from one room to another as they need increased services. Not a good match for my Mother whatsoever. Plus, the monthly fee is not inclusive. Meals are extra and each bit of food you eat in the dining room is billed like in a restaurant.

Beautiful facility and nice/pleasant ...

Beautiful facility and nice/pleasant staff. Does not accept Medicaid. Has end of life care as well.

Canterbury-on-the-Lake is a senior living retirement community, with Independent Living apartments, Assisted Living apartments, skilled nursing care and short-term rehabilitation – all under one roof. We have providing care in Waterford for 20 years.