Independence Village of White Lake - White Lake Charter Township, MI

Review of Independence Village

All the staff is excellent and you can tell they take pride in their job and genuinely care for the residents. My mom has received wonderful care and attention. The apartments and facility are spacious and pretty. The activities that are put on for the residents are outstanding. My family and my mom are very happy with our decision to choose IVWL.

Review of Independence Village

Great people and great care. Many activities.

Review of Independence Village

Friendly employees here. Fun activities for all seniors and visitors!! :)
Great meals and super servers - great cooks too/ Clean inside and around building. House keeping does well- exercise room super for uncle. Front desk employees - funny and great and outgoing :)
Enjoy fun music and treats with uncle. Keep it going! :)

Review of Independence Village

I like the friendly atmosphere both from the residents and the staff

Review of Independence Village

Beautiful facility, good staff, nice neighbors and atmosphere. There are always activities to participate in and events to attend. The staff is involved, caring and compassionate.

Review of Independence Village

The best ever! I have been a personal companion for a lot of people in multiple places. This place is by far the best.

Review of Independence Village

My dog Buddy and I love living here.

[name removed]

Independence Village of White Lake is phenomenal. The staff are so caring. There are so many activities and events for the residents. The food that the chef and his staff prepare make you feel right at home.

Review of Independence Village

[name removed] is awesome! Always goes out of her way to assist and provide follow up. She is caring and compassionate and always has a smile. She is truly an asset to your organization.

Review of Independence Village

I love the attitude of everyone who works these. Their patience is astounding and they seems like everyone loves their jobs and that is rare.

Review of Independence Village

Employees are excellent and care to do good work. Help is always available. Whenever my mother needs it. Food quality leaves something to be desired but I think this comes from the corporate office and not the excellent people in that work here.

Review of Independence Village

I like the chair volleyball and all the people who are here.

Review of Independence Village

Very clean place, I like the hallways and the handrails for walking, the people that work here are all extremely, helpful and nice.

Review of Independence Village

Excellent service, lots of activities, pleasant staff - would like a little more variety in meal selections but food is excellent.

Review of Independence Village

Our family loves everything about the place we like the low turnover in staff - we love that we can use the gathering room and the small dining room for family activities. Everyone there is always very attentive to out needs and we feel our mother is always in good hands!

Review of Independence Village

Staff friendly and helpful lot of activities, exercise programs. I can walk in at any time and everything is always the same. Its clean and never has an odor.

Review of Independence Village

Always friendly and helpful, beautiful lobby and clean. Love coming to visit our mom

Review of Independence Village

Because I live out of state it is important to me that my mother is safe, happy and looked a lot.

Review of Independence Village

Great location, beautiful surroundings. Local church, shopping. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The food service is fabulous our mom loves the meals and all the ammenities.

I love it

This is a truly amazing place. A family atmosphere

Lovely

Beautiful facility! Wonderful residents and Staff!

A Great Place for Your Mom or Dad!

My mom lived at Independence Village of White Lake. She loved living there and said the staff treated her like a queen. My mom recently passed, but I will never forget the loving staff and the wonderful friends she made while she was there.

Review of Independence Village

The place is well taken care of, very clean + attractive. Inside + out. I like it that there is activities offered every day + Special entertainment during the month.

Review of Independence Village

Real nice place for seniors, good care, nice activities.

Review of Independence Village

I think it's really good here - Love all the workers!

Review of Independence Village

I've been to a lot of places - this one is by far the best! You have the best, nicest people here!

Review of Independence Village

Has layout and facilities similar to other senior living places, for special dinners the food is very good. However the biggest complaint I hear is about the quality+quantity of food served at regular meals. It also seems to be more expensive than other places I have visited.

Review of Independence Village

I currently live in this community. Staff is very nice, helpful and kind.

Review of Independence Village

My parents moved here 3 years ago from out of state. During my mother's illness staff was very helpful and supportive. My dad still lives here - he can maintain his independence and we know if he needs help it is available.

Review of Independence Village

The social aspects are great, our needs and wants are generally met & resolved by an empathetic staff & executive director.

Review of Independence Village

Friendly caring staff! Clean facility, love that their puppy friendly.

Mom loves it here!

Review of Independence Village

Friendly staff and a beautiful facility. Entrance to facility is always beautifully decorated and welcoming.

Review of independence Village

have lived in IV White lake 4 years plus now, happy to be here, the staff is great - feel safe - secure.

Review of independence Village

They take care of all my needs!!! Everyone so friendly, everyone helps me out around here. Fun entertainment, fun people, meeting new people. Like my apartment.

Review of independence Village

The apartment staff is great - 5 stars, the facility is good, my concerns the lack of heat in the common areas. Old people get cold! Grounds are well maintained - The home care service is inconsistent - but open to suggestions and correct problems immediately.

Review of independence Village

Great place to live - great entertainment! great food served, friendly employees that work here. great helpful caregivers!! clean + refreshing place to live for my uncle.

It would be great with some changes.

Many personnel have walked the extra mile to facility our wants and needs. No one has extolled these virtues as [Removed] always friendly an informative, we are most happy. With her and her cheerful experience.

I have my mom living at the community and I think it is just fine.

Over all very good.
Aides are great with my mother.
Front desk is friendly. Mom complains food could be better.

I have lived here since my husband’s passing and been opened with welcoming arms. The staff is always checking on me as well as always brining me little goodies. I miss my home but look forward to many more years here. They help keep me distracted there is always something to keep me busy.

My grandmother has lived at Independence Village for 2 years. This has been the best thing for her. She loves all the activities, especially the indoor putting green! The food is spectacular too! Love the way they take care of my grand ma.

My wife and I have lived here for just a year now and everyone is so caring if we don’t show up at dinner. Everyone is always checking up on us.

Toured this place and I love the café can’t wait to move in!

Top notch place for family. No complaints.

I am a supplier for a lot of business in the area. This is the cleanest place I have seen. The residents always seem so happy. The staff is phenomenal!! As s contractor they are so nice, respectful and kind. Anyone would be lucky to work for a place like this. I would definitely recommend Independence Village to anyone looking for a great place live.

My grandfather has lived at this community for 4 years. At first he was unsure but ever since has been here everyone was so inviting and took him in for all the activities and he has not missed one activity yet!

My father in law lived here for 9 years. He absolutely loved playing records and helping out with special projects. It was great to see him so social again. We are forever grateful to the employees.

When my mom moved in [Removed] made this process smile.

Everyone is so kind. Love coming here to visit! The food here is wonderful and with such a variety! Thank you for all the hard work!

Wonderful, clean community. Friendly staff. Delicious food!
Highly recommend!

Wonderful place to live very safe environment been here for 9 years.

We love living here.

We toured Independence Village for my grandparents (in law). The staff were so friendly and helpful. The building smelled clean and looked great.

The service afforded us are great! The receptionist is very ([Removed ) considerate in every endeavor. The bus driver is most congenial and willing to go the extra mile ([Removed)

Over all – very good.
Employees – excellent.
Apartment – very good great.
Requests – needs - met

Great staff very friendly patients and caring.
Very accommodating to the needs of seniors demands and quirks.

Wonderful place to bring my father so much to do.
He really enjoys all of activities and food. His room is clean and well maintained.

Disapointed and mislead

The facility in White Lake is not equipped to handle dementia patients. The assistants are not trained to handle the different stages. Found mom in need of changing, found it hard to believe they could smell it! Everyone scattered when something was said. Left for family to handle. The manager of the facility is only concerned with collecting money and charging extra for every little thing. Don't be mislead the price is not the price with all the extra charges. You will pay more for laundry and housekeeping. The activities are limited, the food is terrible, clothes are damaged or lost in laundry, cleaning is terrible, carpets are filthy! Do not sign the dotted line. Your loved one deserves better!

A perfect fit!

My father likes the Independence a lot! He has settled in and has no complaints. He loves the food and the people there. They bend over backward to please the residents. The apartment that he is in is very comfortable and nice, as well as the common areas. He has joined in all of the activities possible, his favorite are chair volleyball and 3 hole putt green.

The community is fantastic. It’s very homey and comfortable. There are so many things to do! The new putting green is awesome!

The community is very family oriented, home like environment wonderful staff. Always an inviting atmosphere and very well maintained.

Lots of activities, a wonderful salon and good food.
Family brunches are nice too.

Clean environment.
Friendly residents! Staff.
Exceptional food! Variety.
Lots of activities offered.
Wonderful/caring atmosphere.

Very clean, friendly welcoming environment. Staff is pleasant and easy to talk to.

I loved have comfortable it appeared. Quiet for those who need quiet. Those I talked to just felt like it was a safe and friendly place to live. Very comforting for those family numbers.

I love Independence Village. It’s beautiful.

Independence Village is a VERY friendly community. Clean, friendly employees. There are many activities. Same thing always going on. I am a private caregiver who helps at a few residents and I would highly recommend IV.

Wonderful people work here, caring!

An excellent facility. They care for their occupants and listen to the families.

My Mom is pleased with the experience. Meals are good most of the time. We are not happy about rent going up so much every year

Independance Village of White Lake - White Lake, MI

I am very pleased that my mother has a nice place to live where she gets the help she needs and is close by. The staff make it a point to be friendly and helpful. They show everyday that they care and develop a personal connection.

Independance Village of White Lake - White Lake, MI

Family atmosphere
Pleasant staff
variety of programs

The view is pretty with a lot of lakes. The traffic is horrible, due to 2 lane roads. Some of the roads are bumpy. Most of the people are nice.

I moved to Independence Village 3 years ago after my husband of 70 years, died. My son & daughter investigated several places & thought. I would like this best because of the friendly atmosphere. I fit right in with the wonderful resident, our staff here are truly caring they try to please your wishes if possible. I am 90 years old so many fine activities. A shuttle will take you to the church of your choice grocery and drug stores. We have meetings to discuss likes and dislikes. There are doctors, dentists and great hospitals and closed by within 10 miles. I visited other senior homes and wouldn’t change "My home"!!!

My grandfather lived at Independence Village for 8 years. His life was extended by years by living there. The food & activities are outstanding. The friendships, even at 80, were priceless! Thank you!

Experience your senior years in quality! The balance of beauty & healthcare is the finest.
I sense a spirit of goodness & coordination in both staff & clients living here in the Independence Village of White Lake.

We like this community!!

The food is good. They offer a continental style breakfast, however I think they need to offer more protein. They have non-stop activities. The community is clean and well maintained. The staff are really good.

Taking Very Good of My Mother and Her Needs

It has been a wonderful experience for us here at this community. My mother is being cared for very well here, and I'am pleased with her move here. They have an excellent staff, they are taking good care of her and her needs. Everything here is beautiful, they do a very good job with the cleanliness. I know she is safe and being cared for well. I would highly recommend this community, it has worked out very well for us.

happy with independence village

We dealt with Ellen Niell, very patient, very helpful, every step of the way. So far we love the place. The food is exceptional, staff very friendly, quick response when mom pulls the cord..we were in 2 different facilities prior and really appreciate this place. We are paying for the highest degree of care, incontinence etc....and getting it.

Very nice place!

So far they've done an excellent job at Independence Village of White Lake! It is a very family friendly, organized, helpful, clean, and just overall great environment for seniors. The staff have all been helpful and professional. I'd highly recommend it!

Independence Village is pricey but So worth it! My grandmother had broken her hip and needed care. It was the first time, at 90 that she had ever needed help with anything. The staff was extremely helpful and caring! Words cannot describe how they went out of their way to make her feel special and loved! I do have to admit that my grandmother was a wonderful happy person so she was much easier to care for than some of the cranky older people.

Their services were great. Their attentiveness and assistance with financial and health matters was greatly appreciated.

Overall, I would highly recommend Independence Village.

Warning

Looks are decieving, make sure you thoroughly investigate this place before sending your parents there. incompetence on every level starting with the nurse down to the staff.

Nothing But Good Things To Say!

I have nothing but good things to say! I am really amazed with how many times my loved one has said that he likes it here! The whole family likes it, too! So far, there's nothing I can complain about!

My loved one has an upstairs apartment, but it's right around the corner from an elevator. The elevator is right next to a bathroom and the dining room on the first floor! The food is great too! Everyone has been happy with the food!

The staff are all so wonderful! They take care of what they need to, and are all so friendly!

They have a lot of great activities and things going on! There's also a really nice exercise room!

Their apartment is great! It has a big window, and it's bright and cheery! It's got a nice, big closet! It's all kind of open, and it looks so much bigger!

What really impressed us was how spotless the whole community is! Everything is so clean! They've also got so many extra little areas to go and sit. There's a nice library, and a nice pool room for the guys.

I really think we will end up here some day! I don't think we'll have to check any further. We've been so impressed, and are so happy with this place!

Not great socialization with other residents

The food here was more high quality but the people were so out of it, they were either really independent and off or zombie like so my mother couldn't really connect or communicate with anybody and the price was two times higher.

Brad J

Our team hopes that your mother enjoyed her time with us at IV of White Lake. Being that we offer both Independent and Assisted Living options, we treat every resident like a family member no matter what stage of their life they are in. Besides offering some great value for our local seniors, we now offer "stay n play" apartments. GIve us a try on us - no cost or commitment. Give us a call and ask for a leasing consultant.

Nice place...to expensive.....

Nice place...to expensive... I can move Mom into All Sesons for less

Brad J

"Thanks" for coming out and touring Independence Village. We always appreciate the feedback from our friends. I always recommend to all prospects that they tour several senior communities and compare the true value between services and amenities. Again, "Thanks" for coming out and sharing your thoughts with us.

Very nice. Modest look yet very plea...

Very nice. Modest look yet very pleasant. Stove included.

Brad J

The entire team say "Thanks" for spending some time with us. We always value the feedback from our guests and friends. If you have any further questions regarding our community, please call or stop by. Thanks!

nicest of all facilities I saw.

nicest of all facilities I saw.

Brad J

"Thank You" for the kind comments - our entire team takes pride in our community and our residents.

3meals. house. landry. med admin. ext...

3meals. house. landry. med admin. extra.

Brad J

Our team appreciates your feedback and that you toured with us - "Thank You". We offer both Independent and Assisted Living options at Independence Village of White Lake. Our Assisted Living option includes 3 meals, daily housekeeping, and Laundry. Our Independent Option includes a nice café breakfast, dinner in our main dining room, and bi-weekly housekeeping. These are just a few options that we offer our residents - plus our wellness provider offers a variety of services to our entire community. Again, "Thanks", for coming out and sharing your thoughts with us.

Toured on Thursday with siblings. We...

Toured on Thursday with siblings. We all liked the community. We were not happy about the breakfast. No eggs, bacon, pancakes . . some hot cereal.

Brad J

"Thanks" for coming out and touring IV of White Lake - we appreciate the feedback. Since your tour, we've made some upgrades to our community - our café breakfast was one of them. Our executive chef has now added fresh hot items to our morning breakfast selections. During the week our residents are now enjoying eggs, sausage, pancakes, etc. We are also offering made to order waffles on certain days of the week. Our residents are truly enjoying those changes. Again, "Thanks" for your comments.

Independence Village of White Lake offers bright, spacious apartments with all the luxuries of home - without the hassle of household chores. Our private apartment homes include a variety of services such as meal services, housekeeping, laundry and more, customized to meet the needs of each individual. Residents choose how to spend each day, whether it’s relaxing in their private apartment home, community bingo games, exercise classes, a free massage or more! Whether you choose our Independent Living or Enhanced Living options, the possibilities are endless with Independence Village of White Lake.