Sunrise of Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township, MI

Lovely and caring community.

The people at Sunrise were amazing to work with when my 95 year old mother's stroke made it impossible for her to continue to drive and live independently in the home she had lived in for over fifty years. The care my mother received was outstanding. The staff was caring and made an effort to get to know my Mom. They provided me a wealth of information to help my Mom. Their cooperation was particularly valuable since I was coordinating her care from thousands of miles away before I could get back to Michigan and help her move in to Sunrise. Everyone from the sales staff to the care givers were first rate. I cannot recommend this facility with any higher rating. If I was not moving my mother to Washington to be closer to me, she would have been a permanent resident at Sunrise. Lovely place!

Care for mom

This is a great community for care. We like the staff and the clean environment for the residents. They offer a good menu of meals that are offered and a healthy variety. They have a few activities, but they could use more to help the residents stay more active with is good for my mom. The community has a nice environment for the residents to be able to sit outside and enjoy.I would recommend this community for good care

Very nice facility, great outside area, not many men.

I was impressed with the facility and how the living quarters are organized by what type of care the resident requires. Very clean and the residents I observed seemed happy and involved. The staff made sure they were all engaged in the activity. A bit on the high side for my mom's budget though.

Over the top staff!

My husband did very well when he was at Sunrise. They have more than enough people there to take care of him. I tasted the meals and thought they were very good and they have a large variety. They bent over backward in everything. The only problem was getting records to transfer him to another state. The lady [Removed] she is a nice lady but she did not follow through with some of our requests.

Place was active, residents engaged us and let us know they enjoyed being there. Rooms do not have enough closet space unless you take the Double room as a single

Friendly Staff!

The staff was very friendly during our visit, they made sure to give us a very detailed tour of there community and answer any questions my loved one and I had for them. The facility was very well maintained and all of the bedrooms where kept nice and clean. The location was just not a right fit for my dad.

Not what it seems!

I was able to take a tour of the community and the people are great and I feel are knowledgeable. I wasn't happy with a lot of things that were going on, but after saying something to the proper people was able to get it fixed. I feel that this place is more show then go!

Very Caring Community

This is a lovely community with very nice people. They really go above and beyond with the care they provide. The staff is great, they are very attentive and helpful. They even took my husband to one of the car cruises they have out here to see the care, he really enjoys that. I would highly recommend this community. Everybody here is great and very caring.

Going well!

I assisted with moving a client to Sunrise of Bloomfield. As far as I know and have seen, things are going well. Staff is helpful, things are going fine with her there.

Dad very happy at Sunrise

Very nice perfect for my dad. He is very happy.

Very nice place!

Our experience with Sunrise of Bloomfield has been a very good one, so far! The staff here is friendly and professional, and they've been very accommodating! I appreciate that they're concerned not just with the care of the residents, but the needs of the families as well. The facility itself is very clean, and there is always plenty of parking. I do think they could improve their communication network, it can be difficult to get in touch with specific employees at times. I'd also like if they simplified and steramlined their billing process a bit. But overall it is a very nice place, and I highly recommend it!

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your review and sharing your feedback. We would like to learn more about the communication aspect you mentioned so we can follow up. Please email us at Information(At)SunriseSeniorLiving(Dot)com. Thank you, Sunrise Team

Great Staff. Attentive, accessible and sincere.

I thought that all of the staff members at the Sunrise Bloomfield did a really, really great job. They were very attentive, sincere and very accessible, when we needed them. We were just very happy to have my loved one here. Very happy.

Nice looking place, could have been more friendly

We visited this community while looking into care options for a loved one. This place seemed nice enough overall, although the atmosphere left a little to be desired. The facility itself was well kept and clean, however it didn't seem like an overly friendly place. Not many residents were out and about when we toured, and the staff did not seem overly warm either.

Expensive, provides good care, can use attention to detail, would recommend

I think it's overpriced, and it's expensive, but then again all health care systems are overpriced.

They keep the group pretty active. My wife doesn't participate in any of the activities.

She is happy there and content, and I think the care she gets is very good.

I do like the friendliness of the staff.

I think the food could be better; doesn't always look that appetizing. For instance, hot dog looks thrown in the bun. no particular presentation.

I had to ask to get the air conditioner fixed; they did fix it within one day.

There are small housekeeping details; for instance, if a glass has been sitting on the counter for several days they don't pick it up.

These are small things; overall I am happy. If someone asked, I would recommend this facility.

WARNING DO NOT GO HERE

DO NOT GO HERE. [removed]

Sunrise Senior Living

We take your comments very seriously and would like more information. Please contact information(at)sunriseseniorliving(dotcom) so that we can get in touch with you. Thanks, The Sunrise Team

I was pleased with the service. Everybody was friendly and very caring.

I was pleased with the service. Everybody was friendly and very caring. They called her by name from the very beginning. They had a lot of activities going on. The food is really good. If a resident doesn't show for breakfast or lunch they check to make sure everything is ok. I really liked how attentive they were.

My husband has been on site with his ...

My husband has been on site with his Dad. He tells me all positive experiences! The staff is so attentive and caring; the food is perfect and hospice has been informative.

He is most pleased with Sunrise Bloomfield!!

Paul from West Bloomfield is a gem!! How caring, helpful and professional!! Wow! This company, A Place for Mom, is excellent!

They were extremely helpful and close...

They were extremely helpful and close to all her Dr.'s. That was what tipped them into the lead - as we didn't want to change all her dr.'s if we didn't have to. Also - thier "home" hospital is St. Joe's Oakland - which is where are hre dr.s work out of

About Sunrise of Bloomfield Step into a Sunrise Senior Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or cat.

Levels of care offered: Assisted Living Alzheimer Care Short term Stays Exceptional dining at Sunrise of Bloomfield At Sunrise, we recognize that diet is one of the most important aspects of a senior's life. We focus on from-scratch cooking using fine ingredients that favor natural herbs and spices, as well as many local and fresh ingredients to serve our residents delicious and well-balanced meals each day. Our highly trained chefs talk regularly with our residents to learn what menu items they would like featured in the community as we strive to create a restaurant-style dining experience for all to enjoy. Contact us to see what's cooking in our community this week!