Brookdale Springdale - Springdale, OH

Brookdale Springdale - Springdale, OH has yet not published prices.

street map for Brookdale Springdale - Springdale, OH

I do not care for Brookdale Springdale at all. Years ago Brookdale was Sterling House and that was a wonderful place I had known people that resided there and it's a shame that Brookdale didn't continue with the way things were over there. I am not sure if it's the administration or what but the feeling of the facility is just old. Maybe it needs to be updated or the staff's attitude needs to be more upbeat but I was not impressed with it.

Can't put my finger on it

I have to say that nothing compares to the community we ended up placing my dad in. This community is fine the staff is helpful and knowledgeable and answered all of our questions on the tour. The building was very clean and the outside was nice but there was just something that I couldn't put my finger on that didn't sit well with me.

This had a more nursing home feel. Dark in lobby, hard to get in and out, not greeted well. Residents not interacting or even talking-slotting staring into space. Had odor. Will not consider this setting.
[Removed] was helpful and informative.

An ok community

This seemed like a nice clean community when I visited. I just did not get the feeling this community would work for my dad. The person that took us on tour was nice. This community offers activities such as word games, trivia, movie nights, board games, bingo and live entertainment.

Tour for grandma

We toured this community and we were not happy with the community not being clean. the other residents are not active and the staff does not seem to keep them active. We did not like the layout of the community. The staff were nice and answered the questions that we had. We would suggest that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one

It Has a Homier Feeling

During my mom's adjustment, the staff have gone above and beyond. I can't say enough great stuff about their care, empathy, and availability. I have been there enough with her, encouraging her to be apart of the variety of activities and meals. They have an excellent cook who makes a variety of food to pick from and accommodating special needs. I don't see the activities coordinator talking down to residents but encouraging them. Mom looks forward to the days for manicure and a hairdresser available to the facility, She has an excellent doctor for her care, he is very friendly and recalls everyone's name. They allow small pets as long as the resident can care for their own pets.

This has been a wonderful experience for my family member. He is happy here, the food is good, the people are nice and respectful, and it's quiet and quaint. He feels like he has a home at last!

Second Choice!

The Brookdale Springdale was one of my favorite communities from what I toured. The place was very nice and everyone was so friendly. The tour guide that took us around was on time and knowledgeable. We ended up choosing another one because of location, but this one was a good option!

Mom approved!

The staff that takes care of mom has been great and they are really good. The therapist we had a little run in with, but all is well. Mom kind of likes the food. The community is kept clean and neat.

Making New Friends!!

My loved one is doing much better since we moved her into this community. The staff is friendly , they have their bad days sometimes where you can tell they do not want to be bothered but I don't blame them. The meals are the main thing we are not very happy with. The portions are very small and I've heard from multiple residents that they are not allowed to ask for more, as there wouldn't be enough for everyone. Also, I would like to see more variety in the choice of food, almost every night they have sandwiches. The room my loved one is in is very comfortable, and she has made friends with some of the staff and residents.

I would recommend Brookdale!!

The community was clean, however I think they could have done a better job with the individual rooms. My dad likes the food and I think it smells good. They offer a locked gated memory unit. They offer some activities for the residents to enjoy. The staff do really well and are friendly.

It seemed very crowded in the assisted living part of the community. It was less expensive $3,600 plus but I was not overly impressed.

Everything seems to be going pretty well.

Everything seems to be going pretty well. There have been no major complaints. They have a good ratio of staff to resident ratio. They are more cost effective. I would give them a four out of five at this point.

needed more care

Mom needed more care than the nurse assessed at Brookdale Springdale. Mom was there for 2 and 1/2 weeks and it was a downward spiral for her. This facility just didn't have enough help. It seemed clean and the staff were friendly. It just wasn't a good fit for mom.

Informative, price was much more than the other places and less rooms also smaller rooms.

Very helpful and kind. Did a great job making my mother feel comfortable.

A friendly and caring facility

This is a friendly and caring facility. It's a small facility so they are able to show more attention to residents, which is very important. This place try's to get residents out of their bed and more involved in activities.

You knew better

When I first contacted SH I was clear about what kind of care my boyfriend needed I was lead to believe SH could provide that care they were not equipped he was on a restricted diet that they did not adhere to there were daily regiments that should have been taken place and they were not I found some of the staff inpatient with me when I had concerns about his care and this was all in a course of 5 days before he wind up back in the hospital as a result Skilled care is what he needed but he got more like assisteded living, it appear this facility was more for individuals with dementia or Alzheimer's he had heart and lung disease This was my first rodeo I didn't know better. It SH did

We have been extremely pleased thus far with the care my mother is receiving at Sterling House! The staff is very welcoming and go the extra mile every day. My mom has dementia so I know she can be difficult at times and they have always been very patient with her. Prior to moving mom into Sterling House, she was living at home and losing a lot of weight. She has since gained some weight and looks better than ever. She says she really likes the meals prepared as it reminds her of when she used to cook for us kids. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a great place for their loved one. Well worth every penny!

All the staff is very helpful and friendly and made my parents feel welcome. They love the food that they serve for all three meals. The activities have been canceled once in a while, but overall everything is great.

It's been a great experience!

It's been a great experience! From the food to the staff, the accommodations, everything has been wonderful. We have no complaints, and we are very happy with it.

My mother is enjoying her stay thus f...

My mother is enjoying her stay thus far. Sarah, the individual in charge has been very helpful to my mother with forms and working with the doctor. The location appears to be a good fit . This review is (NOT) based on my own experiences,, but that of my mother. It is my genuine opinion of this community based on several conversations with her,

Didn't like the feel here

I toured this location when I was looking into care options for my loved one. I really didn't like the feel here. It was very institutional and cold feeling, and it looked like there was very little privacy for the residents.

Finding Sterling House

With the help of "A Place for Mom" we located several senior communities which seemed to fit our criteria for a place for our brother-in-law. After touring all the facilities, Sterling House stood out from the others. It was close to my brother's home, which is important to us because it will save my brother transportation time & money with his visits. It allows our brother-in-law to have three of his cats live with him in his apartment, and provides pet care. There is a secure outdoor courtyard where our brother-in-law can go when he wants and be safe from wandering should this become an issue in the future. Sterling House is a very small community - 29 apartments. We feel this suits the personality of our brother-in-law better than a large facility would. Also, there is a separate but attached 12 apartment community which provides full memory care if and when needed. Sterling House indicated that because they are a small community, they can often maintain a resident in their regular apartment even if they need significant memory care. Sterling House can also offer end of life care in a resident's apartment. My brother & I were impressed with the cleanliness, the ease of getting around the facility, and the friendliness of the staff. We have every hope that this placement will work out well for our brother-in-law and that he will be happy there. We feel assured he will be well cared for.

Very friendly

The cost is comparable to other places we looked at. The Sterling House was the first to have an opening and they were also very engaged aand very professional. At Emeritus the staff did not come off as professional and was not as interested or in tune with getting to know my dad like Sterling House was. They were great in wanting to get to know about him and his environment. They were interested in my dad and have his best interest in mind. It is too soon to be able to score their Care Services or Activities for him but I plan to follow up.

Very nice, small, good memory care bu...

Very nice, small, good memory care but not medicaid eligible should she run out of assets.

Nice...not good location for our family.

Nice...not good location for our family.

Liked Sterling House. Much like Brok...

Liked Sterling House. Much like Brokedale but smaller and much better parking. This is probably where we will choose when we decide Assisted Living is for my Mom.

Brookdale Springdale is an assisted living residence that provides housing and assistance to older adults who want to retain their independence while receiving the daily support they need. The intimate setting for those with limited mobility, as well as specialized programming, help residents maximize independence and quality of life. Residents receive the personal assistance and support they need in a warm and comfortable environment, while enjoying private apartments, companionship and life enrichment programs. A 24-hour staff caters to each resident’s individual needs. Services offered at v include assistance with personal care, three meals and snacks each day, laundry, housekeeping, medication assistance and life enrichment programs.

Special Features
- Intimate setting provides access for individuals with limited mobility
- Emergency response system in each resident’s room
- Resident assistance center enables caregivers to provide necessary services with privacy and dignity.Personal engagement is prioritized at Brookdale Springdale with a wide array of social, intellectual and cultural activities.
- Outdoor amenities include patios, raised gardening beds, and walking paths
- Furnishings, window and wall treatments are carefully selected