Lighthouse Village - Jacksonville, NC

Not what I was looking for...

Both Lighthouse Village and Heritage Care of Richlands are owned by the same people if I remember correctly. Both places are scary, I would not consider putting my relatives in any one of those places, they are not suitable for what we needed.

This place terrible. As soon as we walked in we knew there was no way we were going to bring our mom here. It wreaked of urine they didn't even have bathing in their rooms instead their was one common bathing room for all the residents. It was very dirty and when I asked to use the bathroom in the main lo by area they had to unlock the door to let me use it. Never in a million years.

Large place located behind small shopping center Seperate halls for men and women You may bring a small refrigerator and tv Place looked clean staff nice Did not see or taste meals Meals changed for dietary needs

Tour went well & staff was EXTREMELY friendly. One of the options we are considering for mom

Well they do a good job of seeing that the patients are well fed and taken care of. I do think they could maybe do a better job of mingling among the residents in the living room. When I'm there I hear quarreling among them and if there was someone there maybe that wouldn't happen. Maybe someone who works there could be in that area more. But otherwise i'm pleased with what I see there. My sister is happy there.