Courtyards at Berne Village - New Bern, NC

Like being on a cruise only on land.

Over all everything is very good. There are a few snags, but generally I am very happy here. I think it would help if communications between management & residents were better. Activities director is very good at her job & makes every effort to involve everybody. Staff members mostly are friendly, helpful, caring & show concern to all. In my opinion, I think that maintenance needs more help. Many things go unattended for long periods of time. I realize that 3 men can only do so much. Work should be addressed with a time frame to the residents in order for them to be aware that they are not be ignored or forgotten.

Unbelievable

When Mom firsst got there, courtyard at bern village. I called to speak to her, i live in Mass. And was told i could not speak to her nor could i come for a visit. I asked who said this and they said it was my sister's decision. Shes POA.
I Hired an atty just to find out that was against the law. All of a sudden they changed their tune and i was able to come for a visit.. buyer beware....

I liked the size of the rooms better, but we get rain a lot in NC and you have to go outside to get to the dinning hall, and to participate in any activities, also the community was open to anyone who drove in, could potentially pick up a resident.

Was first rate.

Used to be first rate, then Grace Management took over. They've been cutting services, lowering quality and nickle and diming ever since.

Since being under new management this place has gone down hill. Mom has roaches the they can't seem to get rid of. (Do not think they are even trying) The food was good at one time but now it's awful. The management there doesn't seem to care about the residents. Price is going g up and the amenities are getting less and less. I would steer clear if you have other options. The staff that does the daily work (not management and office staff) are just amazing the way they treat the residents. My mom loves them and I do too for looking after my mom and being so caring and sweet to her. They all deserve raises.

Quite Nice, but No Single Rooms Available

We were searching for urgent placement in a community for my wife, and we toured Courtyards at Berne Village. The community itself was very nice and clean, but it really didn’t suit our needs. We were looking for single, furnished rooms for privacy and comfort for my wife, and they just did not have either of those options available at the time we were looking. While the community would be a good option for others, My wife had particular needs, and we ultimately chose another community for her.

Moms new home

I set my mother up at the courtyards in the assisted living area. I am very pleased with all aspects of this facility. My mother also has told me how nice and helpful everybody is. This includes the staff and the residents. The food is very good quality and variety. The place is kept very clean. There seems to be a large selection of daily activities for residents to get involved with. It was very hard for me to let go and put my mother into an assisted living community. Because of all the positive things I have seen, I have been able to relax and have full confidence in Courtyards at Berne village, New Bern . Thank you goes out to all the staff.

Pushy sales associate!!

When I toured Courtyards, I thought it was a nice place but the sales person did not listen to our needs. Instead, he tried to push independent living apartments because that is what they had available and my mother had dementia and needed more help than what he was offering. Also, it was huge and I felt that mom would get lost.

What a great place for Dad!

After searching several facilities in the New Bern area we decided on the Courtyards for Dad's new home. What a great decision! The staff is warm, friendly and very knowledgeable. The facility has a nice layout and offers lots of activities. And of most importance to Dad, the food is excellent! A special thanks to [Removed] for his assistance in making it all happen. These folks really know how to care for the elderly.

Comfortable environment that doesn't look or feel like a hospital. The staff were very friendly and one nurse took the time to analyze my situation and make very informative recommendations. There also appeared to be a broad set of choices for activities, outdoors and indoors. I couldn't determine how well the staff encourages the member to participate, but the opportunity was definitely there.

Friendly Experience!!

I thought this place had a lot of really great amenities available to all of the residents and the facility was very well maintained. The staff where very professional during our tour and made sure to give lots of great information to my father and I about there community. I have no complaints about our visit and would recommend this place to anyone

A tour for care

We toured this community for care for my father I liked the staff and the community was clean. They offer alot of activies for the residents. The cost for the care seemed very reasonable. The community was clean and we liked the atmospher for the care. We suggest that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Overall, I'm very happy, though some things were a little
disappointing. They could use a better introduction to the
services available.

The place seemed cozier than some but none of their furniture was provided and they had the maintenence man walk us around. It seemed like the whole time they were mentioning all of these seines that were extra and I got the feeling every month more things were going to be added to the bill. Over all didn't have a good feeling.

Holiday Retirement

Hello, my name is Katie and I'd like to thank you for reaching out and providing us this feedback. We are so happy to hear you found us to be a cozy place, but have concerns with some of your other comments. We'd really like to connect you with you so we can learn more about your experience and get a better understanding of your tour and experience. We can be reached by email at [removed] or phone at [removed]. We are so sorry to hear we missed the mark this time around, but would really appreciate the opportunity to learn from you about it. Thank you so much, we hope to hear from you soon!

Highly Recommended!!

Things are going great for my parents since he made the move into the Courtyards. They're really liking it , and the place is always kept very clean, there is never a bad smell. All of the residents are always very happy. The meals provided are very good, I had a few myself when I was helping them move in. They have a lot of options they can choose between things like chef's choice or something different from the menu. They also have healthy versions of certain things for diabetics or residents who are watching what they eat. The apartment they are in is small, but they are happy. Overall, We highly recommend this placed, it's also the only community that offers independent living in the area.

Awesome new home for my parents!

This place is just awesome. The staff are friendly and helpful. The residents are all happy and very complimentary of their home. They are also welcoming to new comers. Lots of great activities. Everything is clean and smells clean. So glad we found this new home for my parents.

I love it, they are so helpful, and they are really nice.

I love it, they are so helpful, and they are really nice. They sent someone to help me unpack on the first day. They check on me to see if I'm okay or need anything. The food isn't the best and I've heard that the previous chef was better. Everything but the food would be a five, I am just really impressed.

Perfect place for mom

Courtyards in new Bern has turned out to be everything they advertised. I was very taken with how much the staff really cares about elderly folks well being . this is a perfect place for my mother based on their attentiveness and kindness I strongly recommend !

The Courtyards at Berne Village

The staff is kind and caring, as well as always available.

A Wonderful New Home

I love this place! There is so much to do & everyone is friendly & loving. The age range is quite varied as well, which I enjoy.
The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is the food. Not very good.

bad experience - would not recommend!

When we initially went up there with my paretnst to check it out, they had all these services that they were going to include. After they got in there, none of the services were provided. They just never did anything. The food was terrible also. It was just a really bad overall experience. I would not recommend Courtyards at Berne Village to anyone.

Holiday Retirement

I'm very sorry to hear you had a negative experience at Courtyards at Berne Village. We at Holiday pride ourselves on full activity calendars and quality food selection, so we definitely want to learn more about how we can improve this community. Can you please call our Resident Relations department at [removed] at your convenience to discuss the details of your parents' experience? It's feedback from residents and their families that make us better at what we do, so thank you in advance for your time.

Katie - Communications - Holiday Retirement Home Office

Courtyards at Berne Village

Courtyards at Berne Village is the right place for me. Everyone is welcoming & friend. It is much like a very large family that you have come home to. There are a number of activities & suggestions are always welcome. The grounds are beautiful. Personally, I love it here!

New resident at the lovely Courtyards of Berne Village

Mother has only been at the Courtyards for 1 week. She seems content but is still in the stage of only wanting to come home. I am impressed with the special time they are giving her during this transition. Shortly after arriving, the recreational director brought her into the beading class, getting her mind off our departure. This made it easier for her and us.
Her room is spacious and will look even better when we move in her recliner and bistro table. There is plenty of room for familiar and personal items.
The facility is beautiful, the staff were quick to aid in setting up her room. I want to thank Eric from engineering for his friendly assistance plus Mom thinks he's cute!! Ashley and Kristi from sales have answered every question and set us at ease.
I recommend this facility highly.

Staff was very personable a...

Staff was very personable and friendly. A new component called Independent Plus helps folks stay in their apartments with support from 7 A.M. to 7 P.M. Facilities were very clean and tastefully decorated. Lots of walking on sidewalks outside. The assisted living section was clean and no offensive odors were present. Most rooms were doubles. A detractor was a B rating from the health department for the kitchen. Lots of activities both on and off site. I was impressed. Additionally, it seemed to be a good value for the money. In the independent section, clients pay for phone and TV service, but electricity and water is included.

... we were very happy with her there.

My loved one was only in the assisted living for a short time before she went to the hospital. She was living in Independent living Plus and we were very happy with her there. They have companions who are there from 7 am until 7pm. The food was average. It is very close to us!

only been here 10 days and so far it ...

only been here 10 days and so far it seems great..

Absolutely the best environ...

Absolutely the best environment you would want for your mom. Several living options to choose from and a warm, beautiful, home to call your own. It's truly a community vs a building.

This place is awesome. The apts are ...

This place is awesome. The apts are nice size, full kitchen. The place is clean and very well kept.people are nice, lots of activities. This is the best place so far. I can see my parents being very comfortable there. I wish it were closer to my house but it would be worth the 50 minute drive to me to have my parents in such a nice place. Also, it is affordable. They offer lots of transportation for shopping, doctors, etc. doctors are close by which is also nice. Everything was perfect about it.

possible

possible

When you choose a Holiday lifestyle, we simplify things for you.

Located in New Bern, NC, The Courtyards at Berne Village is built over 18 green acres and offers a warm and inviting environment for our residents, guests, and our staff. In 2005, the town of New Bern was named one of the best places in which to retire by NBC’s The Today Show.

Our community provides independent and assisted living services as well as memory care. The Courtyards at Berne Village has fabulous amenities such as a large dining room, an on-site beauty shop, a library with wireless Internet, weekly chapel service, a guest room for friends and family, transportation to the local fitness center, and a full calendar of social, cultural, and engaging activities. The Courtyards at Berne Village also offers 24-hour staffing and care.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities
- Medication management

A Life’s Story
Every life has a story. Every person is unique. At Holiday, we know that. We want to hear yours. How you worked hard. Raised a family. Took care of others. Now it’s time for people to take care of you. To help you. To support you and enrich another chapter of your life’s story. Welcome to Holiday.

Holiday is dedicated to making your life with us a truly special experience, and we look forward to meeting you.

Call today to schedule your personal visit and learn more about joining our family!