Brookdale New Bern - New Bern, NC

Brookdale New Bern - New Bern, NC has yet not published prices.

Very Nice, but No Single Rooms Available

We were looking for a community for my wife, and she needed to move in quickly. Brookdale was a very nice community; however, they did not suit our particular needs. We would have had to furnish her room ourselves, as they had no furnished rooms available. Also, they did not have any single rooms available at the time, and we really wanted privacy for her. In order to get that, we would have had to pay for both beds in the room. Ultimately, we chose another community for our needs.

They take very good care of mom!!

The folks at Brookdale have been terrific, as far as how mom is adjusting and getting along she is having a harder time though. When mom first arrived there, she did not want to come out of the room much and so one of the associates at Brookdale made the point to visit with her and make friends with her to help get her out of the room. It worked out very well and got i=her interacting more. They have activities available but for us personally, the activities are not as important as the socialization. I see mom once a week for lunch and the meals are always good, they have very good food there and all of the folks there are nice. I watch the interaction between the staff and the residents and it is very good. The people there are definitely in the right place.

Real Early Review

So far everything seems to be fine. We have only been there a few days. Do not know why they are requesting this review so soon. Staff very nice and courteous. The home very updated and clean. The food seems to be pretty good as well.

Good experience

Brookdale is a great facility. It is well run and always kept nice and clean. The staff is great here too and they really seem to genuinely care about the well being of the residents. So far, a good experience.

took good care

Mom was at Sterling House of New Bern which is now Brookdale of New Bern for respite care. The people were nice but I had to give them our original DNR order and I have not gotten it back from them. They took good care of her. She did come home with a cut on her leg so I am not sure what that is about. The experience was fine but I am not sure she will come back because of the location.

Very nice place!

They do a fantastic job at Sterling House of New Bern, my husband loves it! He says it is like being on a cruise every day! They get 3 cooked meals a day, have all sorts of activities, and they're just a clean well run place! I would recommend them highly, it has worked out very well for us so far!

Very pleased with the staff and accommodations for my Mom. We couldn't have found a better fit for Mom.

Best in New Bern!

What a beautiful community! The staff really go above and beyond to assist residents and families with the transition into senior living.

It was great!!

It was a great! They always had a really understanding and caring staff. They had a lot of bingo! They didn't really have a choice for meals, but they would take her to all of her appointments.

I stopped by without an appointment. ...

I stopped by without an appointment. People were very nice. The place is beautiful and well kept. More expensive but it seems to be geared more towards assisted living than independent living. Everything is in one building. Very nice place if we needed more services. Rooms were small but nice.

Brookdale New Bern is an assisted living residence that provides housing and assistance to older adults who want to retain their independence while receiving the daily support they need. The intimate setting for those with limited mobility, as well as specialized programming, help residents maximize independence and quality of life. Residents receive the personal assistance and support they need in a warm and comfortable environment, while enjoying private apartments, companionship and life enrichment programs. A 24-hour staff caters to each resident’s individual needs. Services offered at Sterling House include assistance with personal care, three meals and snacks each day, laundry, housekeeping, medication assistance and life enrichment programs.

Special Features
- Intimate setting provides access for individuals with limited mobility
- Emergency response system in each resident’s room
- Outdoor amenities include patios, raised gardening beds, and walking paths
- Furnishings, window and wall treatments are carefully selected