Legacy Retirement Residence - South Jordan, UT

Legacy Retirement

Great transportation. Good location. The building and grounds are well kept. The lobby and downstairs is pretty nice. However the rooms and the halls are dated and old with dirt colored colors. It makes for not a very peaceful environment. They are repainting and updating some of the rooms as the residents move out. Hopefully they will do the halls soon. The food is not good. Service to get the food is very slow. They do not have high speed internet...if many people use it it is so slow you might as well give up. The activities are good and they have a variety. Really nice people live here. We have had a bedbug problem they are trying to fix and finally we smell gas a lot from the kitchen. When I ask about it they always tell me not to worry about it.

Ok place to live

Extremely slow internet. If you want to use the internet you need to gets separate plan for higher speeds. The more people who are on the slower it gets. Food is pretty bad but edible however they pay such low wages to the staff in the dining room (9 dollars an hour I asked one young lady) that they have high turnover and are always understaffed. Thus we have extremely slow service especially during busy hours. People are friendly but all of us residents know not to complain or they avoid us.

Great place for mom

The only dissatisfaction my mother has with Legacy in So Jordan is the food. Vegetables are cooked to mush and food lacks flavor, seasoning. She understands necessity of low sodium as everyone can add salt if their diet allows but food is flavorless and over cooked

Not great for amenities

They are more concerned about decorations than the food quality, Wi-fi speed and the TV reception. If you have problems they say you can pay 45 dollars a month extra for faster internet etc Everything adds money to the price. Every year there are increases in the rent. 60 to a 100 dollars or more. TV problems are random and they claim it is the splitters and if you are at the end of the hall you may get poor reception.

I like Legacy, but my wife felt it was too old, rooms small and seemed more nursing home than she would like at this time in her life. Its proximity to the newly refinished Jordon River Temple and its good reputation for management is unsurpassed. Surroundings are familiar and comfortable. Assisted living is the next building over. They are beginning to upgrade rooms as residents move out. I recommend looking here as I would have no trouble being there. [name removed] our hostess has always been helpful to me and totally dedicated to visitors. Prices are very reasonable in a market filled with options.

Nice staff and nice enviroment

This facility offers a nice environment and my Mother feels very safe and secure here. The community fits her perfectly and she likes it. The staff here is wonderful and I have no complaints. For activities, they have bus trips around town, bingo nights, and movie nights. My mom even likes that they have an in-house stylist. I would recommend this community to other families.

Friendly residents

This community is great and the location is very convenient for me. The staff members are helpful and knowledgeable. The other residents here are also very friendly and welcoming. Like any place you have maybe one or two people that you rather not associate with. From what I experienced thus far I would recommend this community to other families.

Great Care

My mom is happy with the care that she is receiving here however the food could be improved. The staff is very helpful and caring. This community is clean and well taken care of. Alot of activities are offered. I would recommend this to other families seeking great care for the value and service.

A Good Visit

It was a good tour at this community. They seemed to have great quality care with compassionate staff. It was a clean and nice place. I was impressed with the tour and the guide did good. It would have been a suitable choice.

Great Care

The community is excellent for care. everyone on the staff is caring and attentive. They offer great activities for everyone to participate if wanting to stay active. They also invite family to join in. The facitlity is clean and we are very pleased with what they offer. The food is good and the variety is nice. I would recommened this for good care for loved ones.

Legacy Village is a delightful community.

My Dad moved into Legacy Village the first week in March. He seems quite happy there. He looks forward to the activities and especially enjoys Wii bowling and the exercise class. Staff and other residents have been friendly and helpful.

My Dad has adjusted easily and is enjoying the activities and opportunities for friendship. To my surprise, although he is a picky eater he enjoys the meals. Staff had been patient and helpful.

Great experience

A place for Mom was super helpful in helping us find a place for my Grandma. We are so happy with Legacy Retirement. They are so friendly and have a fantastic facility.

Legacy has always had such a special and warm feeling. All employees always provide a personal touch to each resident. This is a warm and friendly environment. I love it here!

An active, independent lifestyle.
Our Retirement Living Communities are designed for seniors who want to trade the responsibility of maintaining a home for a lifestyle of social, educational and leisure activities. We offer the best of both worlds: Private living along with services that make your life easier, and activities that allow you to interact with other residents on a daily basis.

Apartment-style—Studio, 1 & 2 bedroom units with kitchenette and private bath

Individually controlled heating and cooling system

24-hour emergency call system

Safety features including grab bars

Fully accessible apartments available